@Anet: Why is Necro GS designed for PvE only?

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

You advertised your game as having dynamic classes yet you restrict and limit their playstyles so much more.

Why do necromancers have to use conditions in PvP?

Why is Necro GS so completely designed to only be used in PvE?

The necro GS 5 is so clunky and unreliable in PvP there should be a disclaimer saying “dont use this in PvP”.

Why is it a targetable skill. Why is it so oddly designed that you can use it without a target but there is no vector on the ground to show its pathing. Its just so freaking confusing lol. I dont understand why this is a thing.

Why not just add a path marker on the ground (like Warriors GS 3) instead of whatever it is right now.

Why not reduce a bit of the damage on GS 1 damage and increase the speed so its more reliable in pvp?

Why did you make it solely for PvE? XD I dont get it.

I know Ive asked these questions before in the past but yeah..

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

But its not. Greatsword is really good in wvw

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

It’s not even great for PvE.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

I mean why not a ground marker for GS 5 if even for the sake of clarity?

I dont know why a clearer, more reliable approach is not used for this skill…

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Its not like you were the only class with a weaponset that cant be used in certain game modes…or at all

in PvP

Posted by: Electra.7530

Electra.7530

When the developers were developing all this new content and elite traits, I was perplexed to see a great sword for the necro class. It’s a light armored class and the great sword is purely melee.

I can’t get it with melee’g in light armor. It just seems counterintuitive to me. But, I do like the great sword on my necro and it’s nice in pve when you aren’t up against such tough mobs.

I liked it in pvp too, but in a very limited capacity.

And then there is putting a staff on a heavily armored class like revenant and guardian. But, it’s diverse and I’m sure that’s the goal.

in PvP

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

because their design vision around greatsword doesn’t match with pvp

pvp is about fast paced mobility, greatsword is about slow, strong attacks. guess what will win that match up.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

pvp is about fast paced mobility, greatsword is about slow, strong attacks. guess what will win that match up.

So you’re saying Anet doesn’t know PvP is about fast paced mobility?

Or that they (obviously) know what pvp is like and created the GS as it is anyway.

I just think they should have gone one-step further and put a restriction on necro GS in sPvP. Like you cant use it in sPvP.

Edit: As for me, If i had promoted my game as having dynamic classes I wouldn’t then create a weapon that was no where near viable for a entire mode of the game. Thats just me though.

in PvP

TheDevice.2751

Its not like you were the only class with a weaponset that cant be used in certain game modes…or at all

Actually I really dont know of the others. Honestly, if you can bring up some examples I’d have a better idea.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Actually I really dont know of the others. Honestly, if you can bring up some examples I’d have a better idea.

Thief:
d/d useless on power builds
p/p nice gimmick, nice otp, actually always inferior to alternate options
p/d useless

Elementalist d/d unviable in pvp
staff unviable in pvp

Warrior
Rifle useless
Longbow useless in pve
Axe useless in pvp
Warhorn useless

Ranger
Shortbow useless in pve
Warhorn useless

Guard
Hammer useless
Staff useless in pvp

Engi
Shield useless
Rifle useless

Mesmer
Greatsword useless in pvp
Everything offhand but shield unviable (at least in pvp)

Revenant
Oh sword useless

Those only quick observations by going through the build editor.
If you want a complete or accurate list you only need to go to mb and put all weapons that are not part of a ‘meta’ or ‘great’ build on this list.
Actually necro might be the only class where the elite weapon is not top tier.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Honestly the problem is not that gs is slow perse. The theortical design of gs is that it is slow with strong attacks but has also the control to make those hits land. In theory gs actually has alot of control with its chill, cripple and a pull. Sadly it just doesnt work due the fact that they are ether on a long cd (grasping darkness) and/or hard to land (3rd auto, nightfall, grasping darkness). Also gs reaper cannot protect their snares (chill, cripple) like a condi reaper could because they dont have the cover conditions to do so.

I think the best way to fix gs, if you want to keep the slow nature of it, is to improve the skills that can set up the slow attacks. On GS that would be mainly Grasping darkness. I would probably like it the best if the cd on grasping darkness was reduced and it become more like a skill shot similar how gs3 on warriors works. Well ofc it is improtant that when grasping darkness hits the target that the pull is reliable bringing the target in gravedigger/melee range which it sadly actually doesnt.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Thief:
p/d useless

staff unviable in pvp

Warrior
Rifle useless
Longbow useless in pve
Axe useless in pvp
Warhorn useless

Ranger
Shortbow useless in pve
Warhorn useless

Guard
Hammer useless
Staff useless in pvp

Engi
Shield useless
Rifle useless

Mesmer

Revenant
Oh sword useless

If you want a complete or accurate list you only need to go to mb and put all weapons that are not part of a ‘meta’ or ‘great’ build on this list.

Useless list….
Warrior has 12 weapons and 7 different mainhands.

Necro has 4.

And through whole history, 1.5 of those were good with one “ONLY” using autoatack…which is now a laughable auto compared to powercreeped sustain.

U literally have nothing to choose from and whatever u pick is baddish.

Greatsword feels designed for pvp with its chill on auto, you know “helping necro to be hard to get away from”…. and after all the listed feedback they ship such a pile.

Not whining towards warrior or anyone else, just stating the fact that its the lowest possiblities proffesion and those 4-5 possiblities 3+ are c rap.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Honestly the problem is not that gs is slow perse. The theortical design of gs is that it is slow with strong attacks but has also the control to make those hits land. In theory gs actually has alot of control with its chill, cripple and a pull. Sadly it just doesnt work due the fact that they are ether on a long cd (grasping darkness) and/or hard to land (3rd auto, nightfall, grasping darkness). Also gs reaper cannot protect their snares (chill, cripple) like a condi reaper could because they dont have the cover conditions to do so.

I think the best way to fix gs, if you want to keep the slow nature of it, is to improve the skills that can set up the slow attacks. On GS that would be mainly Grasping darkness. I would probably like it the best if the cd on grasping darkness was reduced and it become more like a skill shot similar how gs3 on warriors works. Well ofc it is improtant that when grasping darkness hits the target that the pull is reliable bringing the target in gravedigger/melee range which it sadly actually doesnt.

GS is beyond saving.

The buggy-clunky-shownintrailer-several-times-reported-simpynonfunctioning pull ……and it doesnt even combo into the gs#2 , its too slow.

At least they wasted time on fancy new tech and skill that is in every way worse than its guardian gs#5 from launch.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

GS is beyond saving.

The buggy-clunky-shownintrailer-several-times-reported-simpynonfunctioning pull ……and it doesnt even combo into the gs#2 , its too slow.

At least they wasted time on fancy new tech and skill that is in every way worse than its guardian gs#5 from launch.

Well i agree with the fact that the pull is bad but i still think if they changed the pull to properly allow combing with gs2 it would help the weapon alot in pvp. But given the medicore changes to focus i doubt wi will see any good changes anytime soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

What about elementalist’s warhorn? Or engineer’s rifle? Or mesmer’s focus / pistol? Or the entire guardian profession? Not every weapon was designed for every game mode

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Thief:
p/d useless

staff unviable in pvp

Warrior
Rifle useless
Longbow useless in pve
Axe useless in pvp
Warhorn useless

Ranger
Shortbow useless in pve
Warhorn useless

Guard
Hammer useless
Staff useless in pvp

Engi
Shield useless
Rifle useless

Mesmer

Revenant
Oh sword useless

I wouldn’t say Ranger WH is useless when traited with Windborne notes and playing on a Druid.

NSPride <3