Anet fix your horrible MMR system!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: AllenJoeZ.5137

AllenJoeZ.5137

Q:

This is the 10 the frickin time this has happened since yesterday. I’m always stuck in a game with more than 2 of any class, making the frickin match unbalanced, and we end up losing because of a bad team comp or no support and I am sick of it. its bad enough we have to wait frickin 3 to 4 min sometimes 5 min for that que to pop and when it does this the kittenty team comp I’m put up with? Either fix your matchmaking system get a new one or find someone who can do the job better than your so called pvp devs can.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: SOFYAORLENA.5849

SOFYAORLENA.5849

look at this kitten

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

@SOFYAORLENA.5849

Game looks fine, score was really close. Top stats was spread out.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Why didn’t you switch from thief? Why would they switch from thief, when you don’t want to do that either. Really, it happens quite seldom that our or their team have 2 or even 3 of the same class. People just don’t want to switch.

And since there is no support, why don’t YOU play it? Stop whining and complaining about things that aren’t really an issue. Low population? Now that sounds like an ACTUAL issue they could improve and get rid of.

in PvP

Posted by: SOFYAORLENA.5849

SOFYAORLENA.5849

like 2 parties vs all random… isnt fair

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Why didn’t you switch from thief? Why would they switch from thief, when you don’t want to do that either. Really, it happens quite seldom that our or their team have 2 or even 3 of the same class. People just don’t want to switch.

And since there is no support, why don’t YOU play it? Stop whining and complaining about things that aren’t really an issue. Low population? Now that sounds like an ACTUAL issue they could improve and get rid of.

Players not swapping classes, either because they don’t feel like it or because they Only play that 1 class, is a bigger issue than player population.

Everyone voted to keep the class swaps at start of match and no one is doing it. I call that a missed opportunity… I want my profession leaderboards.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

Players not swapping classes, either because they don’t feel like it or because they Only play that 1 class, is a bigger issue than player population.

Everyone voted to keep the class swaps at start of match and no one is doing it. I call that a missed opportunity… I want my profession leaderboards.

Nah, I’m pretty sure the population is a bigger issue. A player can change the class and voila, he could do something that helped him have better chances (and since he plays a different class, he will learn a lot about the game, the class and how to play against it).
But you can’t somehow magically increase the population for better matchmaking.

Also, profession leaderboards would be cool, but this is an mmo rpg. Stats affect the whole gameplay of the class way too much. An ele is not necessarily support, just because he picked ele. He might be fresh air (most blatant example).

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

like 2 parties vs all random… isnt fair

Depends on the ratings of those party members. Looks like the matchmaker put together a good match, but instead of accepting that you choose to only look at the fact they had two duos and complain about it. Did you check their rating at all, or just screenshot it and daydream of all the whining you were about to do?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Shargon.5412

Shargon.5412

Agree with topicstarter, matchmaking system is terrible(.

in PvP

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

look at this kitten

What is this? A display of how toxic you are ingame?

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

look at this kitten

Looks like a kitten close game If I ever saw one. The inability to take responsibility for losing is a common theme with people in bronze/silver/gold.

I am a teef
:)

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

look at this kitten

Looks like a kitten close game If I ever saw one. The inability to take responsibility for losing is a common theme with people in bronze/silver/gold/Platinum/Legendary.

Fixed it for you…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You cant have good matchmaking when nobody plays the game.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: albostan.6719

albostan.6719

This is the 10 the frickin time this has happened since yesterday. I’m always stuck in a game with more than 2 of any class, making the frickin match unbalanced, and we end up losing because of a bad team comp or no support and I am sick of it. its bad enough we have to wait frickin 3 to 4 min sometimes 5 min for that que to pop and when it does this the kittenty team comp I’m put up with? Either fix your matchmaking system get a new one or find someone who can do the job better than your so called pvp devs can.

Just to compare what you are sayin with what you don’t want:
Class stacking and people swap their professions?!?

As I see it was thief & necro daily so what have you done to avoid getting class stacking? Right you play thief (cuz it’s a daily) instead of swaping to something else. Even trough I would not recommend to have 3 thief 2 necros you are also a part of this horrible MMR system cuz you seem to be the casual either daily or only thief player.
So why don’t you take the first step and swap instead of complaining always about the others?

As example you swap first maybe one of the others would have too and you would have more balance but people like you are perfect example for wha’ts being wrong with pvp system and players.

in PvP

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I think they need to take specific class wins out of the daily, their current system isn’t good and it doesn’t help that to get a daily huge amounts are playing the same classes.

Why not have just wins in general or wins on certain maps instead?

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

I had a 5 days break. I come back and really want to enjoy some pvp matches. But no way. First match one guy stands afk at zone in. Blowout match and big loose. Second game class stacking on both sites. Blowout match again. No fun – just toxic team chat kitten often. It really sucks what anet did with pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

What’s the problem, everyone can swap to a support or make a better comp. No one ever does it but you can do it. This is what the community voted for. If they they stopped class stacking people would queue on a rev or something to get in matches faster then swap back to their dh or thief. The community wanted this for some reason and now they have it.

in PvP

Posted by: havoktwo.2147

havoktwo.2147

@SOFYAORLENA.5849

just noticed the names, its like two of the duo knew each other.

Lucky 4 man que??

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You think this is bad? watch this (the guy that is relogging is a thief): notice how nearly balanced enemy team is and how we somehow ended up with 3 thieves.
I mean what a joke, the balancing team balances classes around NON-class stacking while class stacking is so prevalent in pvp.
Someone actually thought that hey, it would be great idea to reduce thief to some kind of pet that has to heavily rely on team and actually rely on being ONLY thief on team!!!! Somehow it didn’t get into their heads that teams might end up with stacked thieves… or they assume that players should fix issues devs created on first place -_-’ and it hasn’t been addressed for years.
More on opposite, the moment someone discovers a build for thief that can duel a bit – ANET CAN’T WAIT TO RELEASE A PATCH TO DELETE THAT BUILD (hello staff).

P.S. @ all my “fans”: no i don’t ask thief to be OP but i ask for solving the issue of thief designed around being a liability to the team. Or prevent class stacking. One of those needs to happen.

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

You think this is bad? watch this (the guy that is relogging is a thief): notice how nearly balanced enemy team is and how we somehow ended up with 3 thieves.
I mean what a joke, the balancing team balances classes around NON-class stacking while class stacking is so prevalent in pvp.
Someone actually thought that hey, it would be great idea to reduce thief to some kind of pet that has to heavily rely on team and actually rely on being ONLY thief on team!!!! Somehow it didn’t get into their heads that teams might end up with stacked thieves… or they assume that players should fix issues devs created on first place -_-’ and it hasn’t been addressed for years.
More on opposite, the moment someone discovers a build for thief that can duel a bit – ANET CAN’T WAIT TO RELEASE A PATCH TO DELETE THAT BUILD (hello staff).

P.S. @ all my “fans”: no i don’t ask thief to be OP but i ask for solving the issue of thief designed around being a liability to the team. Or prevent class stacking. One of those needs to happen.

Liability? What?? Thief is the playmaker of the team. Doesn’t matter if people are bad, it can carry much better than even a warrior can. It’s only on par with mesmer when it comes to the soloQ carrying potential.
Teamfights are not that important, especially when there is a thief on your team. The only reason you don’t want 2 thieves, is because you need someone to stand on your nodes. Just like an ele needs their team to do damage, a thief needs their team to stand on their nodes. And just like a warrior needs his team to not lose the other two points he isn’t standing on, thief needs a team who can capture and fight on nodes.

Thief is the go-to carry class right now in soloq, mesmer included.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

I am not saying thief can’t carry, the problem is thief is huge liability due to being designed around being the only thief on team. 2 thieves – your team needs to be much much better than enemy to actually win.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

I am not saying thief can’t carry, the problem is thief is huge liability due to being designed around being the only thief on team. 2 thieves – your team needs to be much much better than enemy to actually win.

You know, having 2 healbot eles is terrible too. Sure they are tanky, but they don’t have the counter pressure to keep stunts off themselves. Same goes for 2 druids. They won’t have enough damage to win. But yes, I would rather have 2 dragonhunters than 2 thieves on my team.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

You know, having 2 healbot eles is terrible too. Sure they are tanky, but they don’t have the counter pressure to keep stunts off themselves. Same goes for 2 druids. They won’t have enough damage to win. But yes, I would rather have 2 dragonhunters than 2 thieves on my team.

That is arguable, if those manage to get 2 points, they can hold them forever. I have seen it done. Not to mention, nothing stops one of the druid changing the build to dps which is fairly viable.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

That is arguable, if those manage to get 2 points, they can hold them forever. I have seen it done. Not to mention, nothing stops one of the druid changing the build to dps which is fairly viable.

Yea, but that doesn’t mean an entire class should be balanced around having more than one in a team.

Thief is freaking amazing at what it does.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Had a close loss yesterday. MM placed like this:
Our team: One very good guardian, my friend and me (good thief and ele) and two very weak necromancers.
Against: One top Mesmer. (He actually carried the match), 4 average players i remember scrapper, thief.

Of couse we didn´t know in the begining and i stated guardian close they have mesmer and thief and will come … I go mid up front and tank (no oposing necro or warrior lets me do this) while necros build up life force … (Here necro said i go close and hold ….) In addition the necro started with a few seconds delay. —> This was already sealing our loss.

Well oposing meser did go to our close and slaughered the necro. I wanted to help but came to late. After that i did know the setup and that their mesmer is platin + skill. Our guardian and me could fight 2:3 and win and we countered mesmer. Anny other fight where their mesmer apeared got lost….Our two necros moved to slow and the one died to mesmer multple times. After realizing whats going on we already were over 100 points behind. We could catch up after always trying to move guard into mesmer and outrotating oponents (our thief killing their´s far) but lost by 8 points. Carring two weak links failed. At least it was close. And then the neco with something like 10 death´s blamed me for the loss.

Never ever throw players more then 300 MMR apart into one match please ….
In that match total MMR was propably close and the outcome reflected it but the skill diffrence was not enjoyable.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There is undoubtedly an issue with population which exacerbates MMR differences. The population is the main culprit and what anet should do is get players back to pvp if possible.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: skoobydoo.9246

skoobydoo.9246

they give you the option to swap your class and adjust your team.just because the 3 of you refuse to swap dont mean the game or the mmr is broken LOL.after all there is no cure for stupidity.also MMR stand for MatchMaking Rating and have nothing to do with class stacking.

(edited by skoobydoo.9246)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Anet fix your horrible “insert anything released after the game” system!!!!

except culling >:}..

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

they give you the option to swap your class and adjust your team.just because the 3 of you refuse to swap dont mean the game or the mmr is broken LOL.after all there is no cure for stupidity.also MMR stand for MatchMaking Rating and have nothing to do with class stacking.

Yet if you swap classes but your team mates don’t, and yall lose for being out comped. You still lose ratings not matter how good you was. Meaning you’ll get stuck with worst and worst team mates then those. Until you decides to stop PvPing in GW2.

There is undoubtedly an issue with population which exacerbates MMR differences. The population is the main culprit and what anet should do is get players back to pvp if possible.

I’m willing to put money on most people stopped PvPing for nearly the same reasons I stopped. Refer to this link https://forumen.guildwars2.com/forum/game/pvp/Population/first#post6532993

The only players thinking population is the root of all of match making problems are the ones deluding themselves. We had a healthy PvP population back in 2016. So there’s where your thought falls apart. The community could have and would have survived HoT. If ANet actually developed the League system into something fun, engaging, rewarding, and meaningful. Instead all ANet managed to do was to put another farm for PvEers to farm PvE items. One with superficial competitive looking ranks. And that why all of the ESL type players left for actual competitive PvP games.

GW2 will not be able to pull the players it used to have back. Let along pull competitive players from the relevant PvP games on the market. Simply put, you are not going to be able to pull players into a sub par at best game, when much better games in that area, are already on the market. Only thing left for ANet to do is to pull in all of the non competitive PvP outcasts from these other PvP games. The outcasts that either got banned for cheating. Or can’t be asked to learn to play in a video game. Meaning GW2’s Population problems can only be solve at this point, by making the game even dumber, and non competitive then it is now. Yes it is possible. I’m sure ANet can and will find a way. I believe ANet can make GW2 great again!

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

(edited by Reaper Alim.4176)

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

When you try to make a horrible concept for pvp good it doesn’t work. Holding points and sitting on circles does not work. Its sad because it forces at least one player to play a thief just for mobility and if you don’t have one you most likely will lose if they do.

Gawd anet whyyy. You had solid elimination that would have worked like in gw1. But no you force everyone to play one of the stupidest ways and now people are tired and bored. I got bored of Contrash as soon as there was a better option (Strongold). Why not realize this is not working and just finally move on.

If you want a chance at competitive pvp then holding little circles has to end. That is not pvp it’s a joke. When you work so hard just to have one simple minded pug ruin the game it’s not fun. In death match (courtyard) there is strategy and a fair chance for all classes and also stronghold (Minus ele being over powered). In contrash there is no equal play you need a runner and decapper ever single game aka thief.

Please anet move on from circle holding or at least give deathmatch or stronghold as a option. I would like to play pvp again but i’m not wasting my life on trash pvp in contrash.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

(edited by Ziggityzog.7389)

in PvP

Posted by: skoobydoo.9246

skoobydoo.9246

Yet if you swap classes but your team mates don’t, and yall lose for being out comped. You still lose ratings not matter how good you was. Meaning you’ll get stuck with worst and worst team mates then those. Until you decides to stop PvPing in GW2.

what you just said don’t make any sense.following your logic no meter what you do you keep losing and losing rating.no meter the class you play or the skill level you have?thats the league of legends bronze players mentality " i am really good but i cant do anything because my team suck"

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

GW2 will not be able to pull the players it used to have back. Let along pull competitive players from the relevant PvP games on the market. Simply put, you are not going to be able to pull players into a sub par at best game, when much better games in that area, are already on the market. Only thing left for ANet to do is to pull in all of the non competitive PvP outcasts from these other PvP games. The outcasts that either got banned for cheating. Or can’t be asked to learn to play in a video game. Meaning GW2’s Population problems can only be solve at this point, by making the game even dumber, and non competitive then it is now. Yes it is possible. I’m sure ANet can and will find a way. I believe ANet can make GW2 great again!

I know its almost certain the population can’t be increased significantly now, the game is in a spiral downwards in its competitive modes, I was just saying or implying that MMR can’t overcome a small population at least not without queue times blowing out.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

what you just said don’t make any sense.following your logic no meter what you do you keep losing and losing rating.no meter the class you play or the skill level you have?thats the league of legends bronze players mentality " i am really good but i cant do anything because my team suck"

Difference in LoL you there are many systems in place reward you the player for your efforts. Win 2 or 3 1v3s at the start of a match with good item shop knowledge will more then likely make you powerful enoth. Again to 1 or 2 shot everyone on the enemy team towards a nearly certain win.

Now lets look at GW2. You can hold your point and win 10 to 20 1v3s in GW2. However if your other team mates can’t hold a single point that match, and die within 2 to 3 secs of any engagment. Not only do you lose the match. But you are more then likely going to lose 2 to 3 matches worth of ratings. Now on top of that. There being no counter building mid match, or actual strategic play during the matches.

For me at least I’ve truly went thru 3 seasons of GW2. Where I felt my actual player skill was highly undervalued, if any at all. During Season 3 I got so tired that I was force to explore to find some that would value me the player. To my surprise their was a whole genre of games that did. I started playing them. The more I played them and the better I got. The more I can feel the difference between relevant PvP games and GW2. In those games I can and still do sometimes shoulder the burden of the whole team. Because they allow for such a thing. So the value of my player skill show. Where when I do that over here in GW2, not only will I still lose, but again to add insult to injury this one highly stacked lose is going to cost me at least 2 wins to get back even.

Summary

This game’s MM mixed with it’s capture 3 points and hold system, and lack of class balancing. Is soo bad I’m willing to go ahead and say it’s unplayable for a majority of actual competitive players. Maybe to even a large group of intermediate players. Hence why yall are in such a population crisis, not only in PvP but in WvW as well. Most people don’t like stacked, and low quality matches. So people lose interest and move on. Making your MM problem a even bigger one now. Any type of competitive scene for GW2, has lefted on that train many many months ago.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Population/first#post6532993

Just be happy ANet is giving you PvXers another way to get ascended gear, and PvE items. Other then from PvE land. Yall and ANet deserves every bit of this. We tried to reason with yall in season 2 and 3. We warned yall this would be the results, should things continue as is, and they did. Yall made yalls bed, now sleep in it!

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys