Anet insulting our intelligence?

in PvP

Posted by: Guts.3514

Guts.3514

I know this is probably such a trivial complaint but I feel like I’m taking crazy pills if nobody agrees with this. So…the big bold red lettering of a person’s name in PvP isn’t enough for us to tell the difference between friend and foe that we all have to be stuck in a bright red outfit or look like a smurf? Thanks for making all of those 10000 awesome available dyes in the game utterly useless in the PvP environment. Seriously, I can’t imagine anyone being confused about who the enemy is without the color coding of Blue vs Red…

in PvP

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

but but.. the e-sports! think of the e-sports! that spectator game we payed 60 bucks for!

in PvP

Posted by: Pray.9751

Pray.9751

but but.. the e-sports! think of the e-sports! that spectator game we payed 60 bucks for!

yes custom colors would totally set off the viewing balance, paid, weekly & monthly tournament would suffer a lot!

and just imaginge the cookie cutter dye-builts black-brown so you can blend in with the environment and climb up the ladder … totally unfair

in PvP

Posted by: VictorTroska.3725

VictorTroska.3725

I dont think ANet insulting our intelligence as you state in topic but I do agree that armor Red/Blue colors should be optional. Nametag color is enough to tell friend from foe.

in PvP

Posted by: CoraCora.2641

CoraCora.2641

they should just give us blue and red capes, i miss capes

Cora – Dark Saga[www]
Official Guild Site : www.dark-saga.com
iPhone App : tinyurl.com/iPhoneTraitCalculator

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

kitten capes man. anet art team meticulously designed the backside of a character to be only covered with capes.

in PvP

Posted by: Deepblue.1237

Deepblue.1237

They should simply give us an option to turn on/off PVP color mode. Shouldnt be that hard to implement.

in PvP

Posted by: MaxChaos.3825

MaxChaos.3825

Nametag color is enough to tell friend from foe.

Not from distance.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

VictorTroska.3725:

Nametag color is enough to tell friend from foe.

Not from distance.
———————————————

well maybe they can fix something to let people understand from distance.

in PvP

Posted by: jimmyimo.2089

jimmyimo.2089

Re-integration of capes would be nice.

in PvP

Posted by: Gigawatt.5217

Gigawatt.5217

It’s for spectators on the stream at MLG you doofus.

Team Legacy Division 1A
Competitive sPvP (North America) http://www.twitch.tv/gigawattstudios

in PvP

Posted by: Javious.4912

Javious.4912

This is quite true (Y) always thought wtf were dyes for if they cant be used in the battleground

in PvP

Posted by: SoupFlies.3846

SoupFlies.3846

Well if they have a “spectator” mode, why can’t the spectators just see the players in the color combos, but the players themselves have the option of showing the colors as red/blue, or the armor dyes.

in PvP

Posted by: Gigawatt.5217

Gigawatt.5217

The viewers on twitch.tv right now don’t have a spectator mode to watch through.

Team Legacy Division 1A
Competitive sPvP (North America) http://www.twitch.tv/gigawattstudios

in PvP

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

I’ll trust the game developers decision over someone who wants to express themselves artistically with their armor’s color scheme. I understand you’re a unique snowflake and all but no one in spvp cares what color you are.

in PvP

Posted by: lyn.4156

lyn.4156

Yes I do I care weather they are red or blue. Tho less and less over the past weeks.

in PvP

Posted by: Efaithm.1598

Efaithm.1598

It should be like Gw1, it was awesome wearing your teams cape, and you can understand the difference between teams easily for e-sport point of view.

in PvP

Posted by: Einsof.1457

Einsof.1457

Anet should at least give us the option of seeing ourselves, our team, and our opponents in the red/blue shading…

in PvP

Posted by: Guts.3514

Guts.3514

Well I was just being a smartass about them insulting our intelligence as I’m sure they had their intentions but I’m pretty sure the majority of the player base would vote against the color coding or at the very least be able to personally disable the color coding from their perspective only. But with all of the bugs, broken skills and traits, I imagine we’d never see any kind of fix to this in a F2P game.