Anet let's be serious, say something.

in PvP

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

yesterday was turret day (engi-daily).
So I were running cele rifle, and guess what: one barrage + blunderbus + jumpshot is more than enough to deal with the rocket-turret, and then it’s just poison-spam and cc-spam, until the turreteer falls over.
Even if they run fortified turrets (the reflect bubble), their turrets are just protected for 4sec, against projectiles that is, so just going blunderbus+jumpshot only, on a build that has nowhere as much power-dmg as a zerker or soldier, will improve your quality of life against turreteers instantly.
It is really just the rocket-turret who is putting all this pressure out, so once it goes on a frekkin 50sec cd, you have a time-window big enough to kill 3 turreteers in.

If you run condis, LOS the rocket-turret and condi-spam the engi.
If you run power or hybrid, get rid of the rocket-turret and burst the engi.
If you’re unable to do so, all the power to the AI n00b.

And about the thumper on melee-builds: it will deal something between 600-800 dmg per 3 seconds (depending on your armor). And even less if you see reflect-bubbles, since the 15% dmg increase and shield-bubble are both grand-master traits, so exclusive to each other. If you can’t deal with that, you may as well give up on PvP all together since even the weakest AA (pistol) on engi deals more dmg than that within 3 seconds.
Also it’s frekkin easy to play around the thumper. Yes, it’s AA will cripple you (3s every 3 seconds), and the overcharge (30sec cd) will knock you back.
Additionally, if thumper gets placed and immediately overcharged, it will knock you back twice within 3sec, so as soon as you see the thumper being dropped, dodge, go on range for 3 sec and then continue attacking the engi circling around it. Your second dodge you can use to evade the overcharged shot. Tada, all their CC goes into the bin. even all the turret knock-backs will not affect you since the rocket is already on cd by that time, and no sane turreteer would blow up thumper willingly (and if he does, he’s screwed on the long run anyways).
Once the engi goes into downstate, he has no control over his turrets anymore, so he can’t explode them, nor overcharge them. Go in for the stomp as you please in that moment.
Also, if you engage a turreteer the first time he will drop supply-crate. guess what: turn around and come back 60sec later, and all the turrets from it, along with the medkits have timed out. So in the first few seconds of a fight, pressure the turreteer a bit to bait his supply-crate, then 1up the fight somewhere else or get the map-objectives (svanir/chieftain f.e.), so you can come back and kill him while he has his pants down.
You want to be the hero who saves the day and solos turreteers? Nothing easier than that, if you know what you’re facing. Still it is much more effective to actually out-rotate them to exploit their bad mobility, so you can use the 4v5 advantage for the majority of the match.

too all the nerf-screamers:
L
P
…seriously.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Arantheal.7396 obviously mains a Turret Engineer, otherwise he wouldn’t be so zealously defending this brainless build. His “counter-points” to everyone’s arguments is to just change your playstyle to play around this one class. Apparently that doesn’t raise a red flag to him.

your refusal to change strategys to win is just innane. you have been given a guide on how to win, but no you call out ‘bbbut then iiii wwwwoullld be chhhanging mmmyy pppplaystyle’.

now, if you think i’m being harsh how would you treat me if i was QQing about power ranger and refused to use blocks or reflects?

There is a difference between refusing to change a playstyle to adapt, and having to dance around all the fricking points to try and outrotate them. Especially if they have 2 turret engis. Good luck with that bs, esp in a PUG

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396 obviously mains a Turret Engineer, otherwise he wouldn’t be so zealously defending this brainless build. His “counter-points” to everyone’s arguments is to just change your playstyle to play around this one class. Apparently that doesn’t raise a red flag to him.

your refusal to change strategys to win is just innane. you have been given a guide on how to win, but no you call out ‘bbbut then iiii wwwwoullld be chhhanging mmmyy pppplaystyle’.

now, if you think i’m being harsh how would you treat me if i was QQing about power ranger and refused to use blocks or reflects?

There is a difference between refusing to change a playstyle to adapt, and having to dance around all the fricking points to try and outrotate them. Especially if they have 2 turret engis. Good luck with that bs, esp in a PUG

As I said in my previous post:
it is more effective to out-rotate them, but actually killing them is also quite easy if you understand how turrets work. Even reading the wiki about turrets would help you with developing your very own pace of demantling them.
Mindless charging into it is exactly what turreteers exploit upon. Every person with half a brain and a bit of knowledge/understanding of turrets is actually a hard-counter to this spec, hence it performs that bad in competitive play.
It is a PUG farm since PUG’s are usually casual players who refuse to adapt. No reason for nerfing turrets just because of that, else you could remove stealth completely from thieves and clones from mesmers as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

So I were running cele rifle, and guess what: one barrage + blunderbus + jumpshot is more than enough to deal with the rocket-turret, and then it’s just poison-spam and cc-spam, until the turreteer falls over.

Lol. So you pretty much waste your 3 highest burst skills to kill ONE turret (obviously while perfectly avoiding all the turret attacks and cc and all the attacks and cc the engi himself does). Granted, it’s the most damaging one. But even if you kill that one, you will still get immobilized, burned, knocked down and whatever A LOT. And decently-played turret engies have tons of sustain, so they will likely put the rocket turret back up before you even brought them low on health. Heck; there’s a reason for why a friend of mine usually can hold off 3 enemy players for like 2-3 minutes when he’s playing turret engi.

Once the engi goes into downstate, he has no control over his turrets anymore, so he can’t explode them, nor overcharge them. Go in for the stomp as you please in that moment.

The turrets still autoattack you, though. Also, the engi still can interrupt your stomp once or twice with his downed-skills. So it’s not like you just could stomp freely. If you’re low-ish on health, you’ll likely get downed before the stomp is done, unless you have access to invulnerability or similar. Or you know… in those 2 minutes you needed to bring that engi down, it’s likely that a teammate has come to help him, in which case you are screwed.

Also, it’s hilarious how your solution is “form a team with 4 other skilled players”. Guess what. I know around 8 people or so that I play PvP with and that I know are at least decent. However, they are not always playing when I am, and often they also play PvE or WvW when they are online. Also, I can not actually use teamspeak with all of them, since some aren’t even playing on the same server.

Also, it’s simply ridiculous that there’s a build that 1. takes at least 2 minutes to be killed solo IF the person who plays the engi is bad, or simply is immortal in a 1vs1 if he’s really good; 2. still is a huge pita and takes at least 2-3 players to be killed in a reasonable amount of time… ALL THE WHILE the guy who plays it doesn’t need much more than the skill-level of a 5 year old. Just drop your turrets, make sure to kite any opponent around the turrets and add your own dmg and cc to the already ridiculous dmg and cc your turrets provide. Don’t forget to enjoy the plethora of boons on you. Profit.

in PvP

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

there’s a reason for why a friend of mine usually can hold off 3 enemy players for like 2-3 minutes when he’s playing turret engi.

This friend of yours must play in a very low mmr range. 3 players who need 2-3 minutes to kill a single turret engi must play totally brain afk.

(edited by Shylock.4653)

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ll say that just because you can beat teams that use turret Engineers does not mean they aren’t broken. They require minimal effort to play and require massive plays to counter them, which can by itself be characterized as overtuned.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

Saturn, a good load from your post stems from false facts.
Turreteers can’t burn you, unless you decide to camp in their crate. The flame-turret is not part of the actual build, and since the rifle turret ticks fury, almost no turreteer will switch it for flame.
The immob from rifle will just last for 2 seconds every 10 seconds (if you not dodge it). it just gets worse if you – again – camp in the crate and its net-turret.
So what is the logical next step? Don’t camp in the crate. You’d most likely run from a power-Lich as well, right? Take a map-objective or 1up for your team somewhere else as soon as the crate goes down.

And no, regardless how decently a turreteer is played, they have next to zero sustain. They are just tanky. the difference is that a sustainable enemy has enough come-back cd’s to be a annoying PITA for a really long time (heals, blocks, stability, condi-clears/transmutes, a.s.o.)
The turreteer just has perma-regeneration, 2 condi-clears and one transmute every 20(15)sec , 1 waterfield blast and leap finisher every 20 sec and roughly 40-50% uptime on protection. That really isn’t much, given that he has to tank the node. They are nothing but a sitting duck with a big healthbar that is frekkin easy to work down.

Also, from your post it is clear that you’re a rather casual player, not really delving deep into PvP, with rather small contacts to the scene.
I’m not that much different, so why do I have an easy time killing them, and you don’t?
Because I main engineer, and roughly a year ago I jumped the turreteer hype-train as well, until it came clear to me that turreteer is sub-par.
I know exactly how each single turret works and how to out-smart their AI. Same for Necro Minion master and Spirit weapon Guardian, because I played and learned about them all (Necro MM mostly because I was dying like a noob to it in the beginning as well).
If you take your time and look into how certain builds actually work, you get amazed by how open the flaws are they have.
And in the case of the turreteer: it gets carried by rocket-turret dps-wise / has no sustain / has no mobility / is extremely weak to cc and condis / will get hard-countered by any 2v1 (because turrets only target the last thing that the engi has hit (as long as it’s in range, they even ignore LOS andkeep firing into walls), so they can dual-kite the turret’s AI, that also means that blind and block will deny the turreteer full control over his turret’s target behavior).
Additionally, I did not waste my burst since I still had nades #2 +#4 + #5 + prybar + sigil of leeching to bridge the time until most of my burst were available again. But yea, bursting the rocket turret implies actually bursting it with high DPS. sitting there and spaming your AA is exactly what costs you the time until his team-mates jump in.

If you take more than 30-40sec in total, you may as well could’ve 1uped somewhere else and got ~20-40 points from stomps for your team.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

swaps to rabid engineer

why do you think i need good luck bud? he’s got awful condi clear i have amazing condi spam.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

swaps to rabid engineer

why do you think i need good luck bud? he’s got awful condi clear i have amazing condi spam.

Okay I am really starting to get sick of people saying this, engi condi clear is actually half way fricking decent. You are forgetting that rifle cures all movement impeding condis, and healing turret does two more on top of that while also being hands down the best group/self heal in the fricking game. Now lets add to it that at 25% health engis healing turret recharges automatically.

So yes even if you do get through all 29K HP of his BS through condi spam, he can immediately heal for an absolute elephant doodoo ton, twice easily. Please stop trying to defend this bs spec.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Arantheal.7396

Oh look, you looked into the wiki…
At least it’s starting to get less of a L2P issue for you now.
Still, look closer.
Healing burst does not scale with healing power.
Healing turrets base-heal is actually pretty mediocre for that big healthpool the turreteer has.
And if he’s blowing up turrets to get more blast, guess who’s kittened on the long run.
Also, healing turret is no insta-cast, so how about you start cc-locking him once he’s close to 25% health (the reset threshold)?

in PvP

choovanski.5462

swaps to rabid engineer

Okay I am really starting to get sick of people saying this, engi condi clear is actually half way fricking decent. You are forgetting that rifle cures all movement impeding condis, and healing turret does two more on top of that while also being hands down the best group/self heal in the fricking game. Now lets add to it that at 25% health engis healing turret recharges automatically.

So yes even if you do get through all 29K HP of his BS through condi spam, he can immediately heal for an absolute elephant doodoo ton, twice easily. Please stop trying to defend this bs spec.

i feel like you have never fought a good condi engineer on a non condi engineer. doubt you have ever played rabid engi either, and if you have at you must have been as good as if someone sat a jar of wet gravel on the keyboard. you have no idea the condi spam a good rabid engi is capable of, far too many condis to care about him clearing 2 with the heal. oh, and not to mention turret engi has no stunbreak and i have slickshoes. smh.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

swaps to rabid engineer

Easier said than done; how do u know before a match starts who’s turret and who’s not?

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

choovanski.5462

swaps to rabid engineer

Easier said than done; how do u know before a match starts who’s turret and who’s not?

sometimes they will announce that they are running it in map chat, or you see them before the game begins. but it doesn’t really matter, i only que with rabid engi, cele engi, or valk shout warrior. i can beat turret engi 1v1 with all of these builds (warrior is hardest, but I’m nearly on TS with at least one other person, so it’s easy to focus them down), it just happens rabid engi is funniest one to do it with. regardless, swapping to rabid engi is a great move if there are two or more engineers on the other team. fighting a good condi engineer as an engineer is a miserable experience, and one i am more than happy to help others experience.

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Regardless of how good any of your points are, it’s all just a numbers game. They care more about the majority than what is actually true, so if more people complain than defend them they will be nerfed eventually.

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I see a direct correlation between people who are complaining they had a streak of bad matches and the recent two days in a row of the daily being Engi’s. For the record I can 1v1 a turret engi. (Not yesterday but the two days prior) When the daily is Engineer I have begun to see less of other classes playing. Some people now don’t play on days where the daily is something like Engineer.

Every match I was up against had 2-3 turret engis. The Match making system could not handle it. Ironically because we were a party of three, we only ever recieved one engi on our side or it would of equaled out.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Regardless of how good any of your points are, it’s all just a numbers game. They care more about the majority than what is actually true, so if more people complain than defend them they will be nerfed eventually.

Lets say its a community test season :P

Do we wish to keep buffing weak specs to come up in the meta and leaving the ‘’strong ones’’ untouched ?
So we can see somehing new in the meta ?
(as the community wanted from the start of the game till now)

Or do we wish strong specs to be nutered and weak specs to buff up slowly ?

In both cases (i guess) , for the time being they wont ask for any1else help/opinion :P
But , when the time comes to renew the next years 3x World Tournaments prizes , the community should ‘’have grown up ’’ till then :P
Otherwise …. nya nya nya :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)