Anet logic: work more, gain less

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Basically, rank gains and losses are based on your mmr vs average enemy mmr. It does not take into account that you might be forced to carry players way below your rating. Thanks to lack of players, chances that you get such matches are basically 100% which results in huge rating losses compared to gains.
The game punishes you by pairing you with worse players vs players that are at your rating if not higher.
Surely, you might be facing lower rated players as well but rating gains from those matches are also extremely low.

It is a loss-loss situation either way.

Please change the way rating gains/losses work – they should consider team MMR as well.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

There is absolutely no reward or motivation to be found in gaining +5 for a win and -20 for a loss, no matter what way you swing it.

Even if they inflate the actual rating scale, it would slow down the massive change in rating gain/loss that happens, but would be the same issue, just with bigger numbers, its a difficult thing to even deal with.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Cynz.9437

There is absolutely no reward or motivation to be found in gaining +5 for a win and -20 for a loss, no matter what way you swing it.

Even if they inflate the actual rating scale, it would slow down the massive change in rating gain/loss that happens, but would be the same issue, just with bigger numbers, its a difficult thing to even deal with.

The -20 and +5 happen because of the situation i described… :/

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I don’t know why Arenanet constantly feels the need to reinvent the wheel. They think they are savants of creativity or something, but they really aren’t. 6 seasons later, its still a mess. We’ve had 4 seasons of that pip rank kitten, something which my 10 year old nephew succinctly pointed out as being a terrible system.

10 years old. He suggested ’can’t you just purposely drop your rating so you can win several times in a row against bad players’. I’m terrified to know what kind of quality control goes on at Arenanet.

in PvP

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

I don’t know why Arenanet constantly feels the need to reinvent the wheel. They think they are savants of creativity or something

hahaha too true

in PvP

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

It’s really demoralizing. You can win a few games in a row and then suddenly lose one and all your progress is trashed. It makes you not even want to keep playing. I think that’s not the effect they intended.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

It’s really demoralizing. You can win a few games in a row and then suddenly lose one and all your progress is trashed. It makes you not even want to keep playing. I think that’s not the effect they intended.

Yeah it has been for me like this for 2 seasons now. Every time such stuff happens i just quit the game all together for days/weeks. Why bother? I am sitting in 100-500 match and lose 3 matches worth of points. The game tells me basically “Hello you are trash because you couldn’t carry your gold teammates vs top 5 duoqs” – why even bother to pvp at this rate.

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

That’s actually all the point. If i am #50 and i am facing #1000 players, i should be supposed to win easily. That means i should either win +2 or lose -15 points.

The real issue is the quality of the match if you end up losing it 500-100, not the system itself. If i am teamed with players that are #250 but do not know how to split, or i am assumed to carry players #3500, then there is surely a problem, but somewhere else.
If you switched the system, we would get back to 1-2 years ago where the number of points was linked to the number of games played.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

That’s actually all the point. If i am #50 and i am facing #1000 players, i should be supposed to win easily. That means i should either win +2 or lose -15 points.

The real issue is the quality of the match if you end up losing it 500-100, not the system itself. If i am teamed with players that are #250 but do not know how to split, or i am assumed to carry players #3500, then there is surely a problem, but somewhere else.
If you switched the system, we would get back to 1-2 years ago where the number of points was linked to the number of games played.

You think it is actually to ok for rank 50 player getting matched with players of 1600 rating vs top 5s? Because this is what system does atm and also punishes you heavily for losing such matches.

All is Vain~