Anet need to support some small tournaments

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

People will get bored of meaningless grinding in solo queue.

There needs to be some sort of (maybe impossible to reach but it doesnt matter) dream of “esports”.

It doesn’t even need to be big tournaments. Just do 12 weeks of tournaments each weekend for 8 teams. Each team must have at least 2 people in legend rating unless there are spare slots.

12 weeks = $500 prize each week from your “marketing” budget.

Thats $6k and it would do more good long term than your $200k tournaments.

It would give the scene a chance to grow organically with bigger tournaments to come if this is a success.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukas.7159

Lukas.7159

remember good old times with weekly esl cup and monthly go4gw…

StereoElectro & Dance On M D M A

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

I just hope there are “Official” tournaments announced soon. The only reason I play GW2 currently is for competitive tournaments.

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

It was a big mistake making those big tournaments have all the funding instead of doing small weekly tournaments that give teams a reason to exist and players something to watch and play in to inspire them.

They need small weekly tournaments with prizes and then let the big tournaments happen organically when the interest is there.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I wouldnt even need money.

We used to have tickets and ticket tournament games gave away gems.

Id rather they had big tournaments/seasons for the Pro League guys and then had weekly lets just say Friday and Saturday where you could que up as a team in in-game tournaments at 4:00 or 5:00 that gave away gems.

I mean Helseth and Sind are holding a tournament. Simply put no offense to prior shout casters but when helseth was announcing a match with jebro he actually gave his opinon and said things like “thats a bad rotation” and “why is he doing that”. Where as everyone who has shout casted has been very PC rated.

Helseth said the rewards for the tournament will give a little to everyone in the tournament.

Its disappointing when the community puts more into the PvP scene then Anet does.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I wouldnt even need money.

We used to have tickets and ticket tournament games gave away gems.

Id rather they had big tournaments/seasons for the Pro League guys and then had weekly lets just say Friday and Saturday where you could que up as a team in in-game tournaments at 4:00 or 5:00 that gave away gems.

I mean Helseth and Sind are holding a tournament. Simply put no offense to prior shout casters but when helseth was announcing a match with jebro he actually gave his opinon and said things like “thats a bad rotation” and “why is he doing that”. Where as everyone who has shout casted has been very PC rated.

Helseth said the rewards for the tournament will give a little to everyone in the tournament.

Its disappointing when the community puts more into the PvP scene then Anet does.

Aye. Hear hear. Tournaments for the players would be nice. Take away the polish of PC (which is fine for larger non gamer audiences) and allow people to learn from pros. Actually encourage no name teams to advance, and win, by making the roster huge and give everyone a tiny amount of reward (obviously winners get some cool loot). Force pro teams out of the roster so there are no landslide victories.

=

Pvp scene might actually grow.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE