Anet plz consider before ranked

in PvP

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

Plz consider to remove profession achievements this achievement is not fair forward another players who’s as well affected from win or losses and this achievement increase toxic behavior thx

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Um no thank you, I think players should be able to get achievements based on reaching a certain amount of wins on a profession.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

These achievements need to go. It forces players to play matches with classes they are not good with. It is one thing to say that you can play through lower tiers with your alts. But with season placement this is not feasible anymore.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Those achievements would be great to be required for unranked queue only (since everybody try new stuff in unranked), so Legendary Backpack progresions could help Queue population for both game mode.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Look. those proffesion achievement really got me into Multi classing. the thing is. this backpack is meant to be hard to get. It’s meant to be a reward for completing certain pvp task’s.

Kills, points and matches won. U can argue that one of these tasks u need to complete. And that isn’t a hard to do since u can grind your way.

Look the thing is. It’s intended to see that u are ’’versartile’’.

And they were never a bother. Before i completed the proffesion achievements. I simply trained a few days to learn 3 classes and boom u are already average. thanx to meta builds and respective guides u don’t need to study the class in detail to become average. The Pro’s and theory crafters have already chewd our food for us.

in PvP

Tim.6450

Look. those proffesion achievement really got me into Multi classing. the thing is. this backpack is meant to be hard to get. It’s meant to be a reward for completing certain pvp task’s.

Kills, points and matches won. U can argue that one of these tasks u need to complete. And that isn’t a hard to do since u can grind your way.

And they were never a bother. Before i completed the proffesion achievements. I simply trained a few days to learn 3 classes and boom u are already average. thanx to meta builds and respective guides u don’t need to study the class in detail to become average. The Pro’s and theory crafters have already chewd our food for us.

I don’t mind the backpack being for players who know more then just one class. In fact I would love that. It builds basic profession knowledge. However It’s not about being versitile, it’s about purposely not giving your all in ranked matches during the season. Playing a class you’re not best with in matches is, very disrespectfull to the players in your team. The stakes are high and they want to win and you’re lowering their chances for your own achievements.

EverythingOP

in PvP

I don’t mind the backpack being for players who know more then just one class. In fact I would love that. It builds basic profession knowledge. However It’s not about being versitile, it’s about purposely not giving your all in ranked matches during the season. Playing a class you’re not best with in matches is, very disrespectfull to the players in your team. The stakes are high and they want to win and you’re lowering their chances for your own achievements.

Proffesion achievements only incentivizes people more to play with different classes. Trust me they are more Multi classers out there. and some of them will have an affinity for other classes. Some are harder to use some are easier. With or without proffesion achievements losses will happen. It’s definately about bieng versartile. If u can win your 10 or 15 matches quicker per year of the ascension achievement quicker instead of racking up a 100 lose losing streak. I wager that most will want to win. And thus can be used as incentive to actually play better on said class in theory that is, What however happans is that you have people here that are purely for the backpack and don’t care about taking that few days to learn 3 classes even if the knowledge is already chewed beforehand. what could be done is to make proffesion achievements a bit more taskin in the sense that you have to do 5 or 10 battles in unranked first to practice and then make ranked the real test with another 5 to 15 more battles. But as I said u have Multi classers. While u can argue for it to be disrespectfull for a Multi classer to not play a class they are best at, At the same time ranked can push an average Multi classer to new levels one u hit the chokeholds and hit the 50/50 winrates and thus will benefit, the team. However in the end it’s still a game. While I believe that u in ranked should not kid around. I definately think that we should remember that it’s game. However at the same time a Multi classer that knows his classes to not be a detriment to his team should be able to play in ranked. And not to learn the class, but to bring it to a higher level. As ranked is quite competetive compared to unranked. So u could make the proffersion achievements harder and add and practice element so that they are ready for ranked. I don’t believe in you should only play 1 class because that is what u are best at.

in PvP

Tim.6450

Proffesion achievements only incentivizes people more to play with different classes. Trust me they are more Multi classers out there. and some of them will have an affinity for other classes. Some are harder to use some are easier. With or without proffesion achievements losses will happen. It’s definately about bieng versartile. If u can win your 10 or 15 matches quicker per year of the ascension achievement quicker instead of racking up a 100 lose losing streak. I wager that most will want to win. And thus can be used as incentive to actually play better on said class in theory that is, What however happans is that you have people here that are purely for the backpack and don’t care about taking that few days to learn 3 classes even if the knowledge is already chewed beforehand. what could be done is to make proffesion achievements a bit more taskin in the sense that you have to do 5 or 10 battles in unranked first to practice and then make ranked the real test with another 5 to 15 more battles. But as I said u have Multi classers. While u can argue for it to be disrespectfull for a Multi classer to not play a class they are best at, At the same time ranked can push an average Multi classer to new levels one u hit the chokeholds and hit the 50/50 winrates and thus will benefit, the team. However in the end it’s still a game. While I believe that u in ranked should not kid around. I definately think that we should remember that it’s game. However at the same time a Multi classer that knows his classes to not be a detriment to his team should be able to play in ranked. And not to learn the class, but to bring it to a higher level. As ranked is quite competetive compared to unranked. So u could make the proffersion achievements harder and add and practice element so that they are ready for ranked. I don’t believe in you should only play 1 class because that is what u are best at.

Profession achievements do incentives playing with different classes, true but these achievements and their placements in the league system hinder people for getting fair matches. Playing and learning classes you’re not good with, can be done perfectly outside the seasons.

Multi classers do not need achievements as an excuse to play different classes and be good in a team. I may have worded it a bit badly but you can give your best with multiple classes. In fact when I play leagues I do my best to learn at least 2 classes, my main and a competitive secondary. So when my team contained too much reapers, I could easily swap to an alt. A multiclasser can do the same, he can easily fill in the gaps in the team. He does not need achievements for that, if he wants to multi class he can.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Profession achievements do incentives playing with different classes, true but these achievements and their placements in the league system hinder people for getting fair matches. Playing and learning classes you’re not good with, can be done perfectly outside the seasons.

Multi classers do not need achievements as an excuse to play different classes and be good in a team. I may have worded it a bit badly but you can give your best with multiple classes. In fact when I play leagues I do my best to learn at least 2 classes, my main and a competitive secondary. So when my team contained too much reapers, I could easily swap to an alt. A multiclasser can do the same, he can easily fill in the gaps in the team. He does not need achievements for that, if he wants to multi class he can.

The learning never stops. Even within pro league matches pro’s learn from thier matches. thier is a limit to what u can learn given unranked matchmaking. Not bieng truly pressured in a more competetive matchmaking is missing out on a big chance. As I said before u are better of altering the proffesion achievements which were intended test versatility in ’’difficult’’ situations is much better then just put them in uranked in which u can just faceroll them easily. Heck even that would be a bad idea. What if it gives u a false sense of accomplishment? U think u are a good mesmer because u stomp people in unranked who are either new, bad, testing new builds or don’t give a kitten because it’s unranked. Instead make the proffesions mean something by atleast make one aquainted by the class in unranked and then introduce part 2 as the real challenge in ranked. The reason proffsion achievements bring people that are a detriment to thier team is because it’s not properly implemented. It should be harder. And thier need to be more restrictions. Heck it’s not that they are other achievements in ranked where people are playing soley for, IE getting rank points, or top scores or kills etc.

in PvP

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Considering they got me into Engi (which is now my main alt) I actually support them

My biggest issue is people joining Rank and not knowing nothing about their professions.

Like, their should be a x timer on a profession before they can join Ranked, Just so they have some hours behind the character and know how it at least kind works.

And as someone who went into unranked as a rev and absolutely sucking.. I have experience on how bad it can affect teams in ranked.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes