Anet read this. Revenan dmg/survivability.

in PvP

Posted by: BoB.6082

BoB.6082

Why does revenant deal 6k damage per second with hammer auto with %100 percent uptime fury which means %100 critical chance with invocation, and quickness. I’m talking dmg against berserker and marauder builds. If they’re anything tanker it stays around 2 k up or down 100. No other class can compete with that dmg. Rev is also tankiery than other classes that aren’t heavy armor. Revenant also has two heals, one that makes them “immune” with all dmg converted into healing and one that’s just an extra heal. Shiro gives revs stun breaks and dodges and endurance gain into one skill. A stun that hits everything that’s trying to gank it. To summarize it does the most dmg while being slipperyer/tankier/After playtesting than other classes that don’t do as much dmg even when they’re specced to do dmg. They have full uptime fury with herald skills and the herald ability that can be casted at anytime. I would love for some feedback.

edit : i didnt think that .5 sec cast time was slow, i guess compared to instant skills its slow. 3k crit every .5 seconds wasnt by any means bad in any way shape or form last time i checked. seems overpowered if u ask me. especially when the revenant has 100% crit chance 100% of the time. i guess the only downside is that scrappers run a reflect. keep in mind you still have melee options offhand.

Engineer | Mesmer | Thief

(edited by BoB.6082)

in PvP

Posted by: infinitenoah.8296

infinitenoah.8296

Revanant is really good at the moment but i don’t see any new nerfs in the near future.

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

No 1 even uses hammer on rev in pvp so it must not be all that OP, and from playing revenant for a little while now I can promise you they do die pretty easily especially after all the nerfs they got… I dread playing revenant(sometimes I get 1 shotted by thiefs and don’t even have time to think what to do to avoid it) but I must at least until I get all the pvp profession achievements from it.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

There may be a problem with application of common sense here. Let’s say every morning on your way to work/school/whatever, some guy is standing down the street throwing sledgehammers at you. What is the best way to deal with this? I haven’t tried blocking sledgehammers with my face but I can imagine it’s not very effective.

(edited by Crowley.8761)

in PvP

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

There may be a problem with application of common sense here. Let’s say every morning on your way to work/school/whatever, some guy is standing down the street throwing sledgehammers at you. What is the best way to deal with this? I haven’t tried blocking sledgehammers with my face but I can imagine it’s not very effective.

Love it!

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Dont worry, they will continue nerfing nerfnant bc there cant be a patch without a nerf to him. Hes already trash but who care. Need to be nerfed some more to dh level.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

10/10 Analogy.

OP, engage in melee. Hammer is super slow. Get in the Revenant’s face or out-kite him. Contrary to popular belief, Revenant is not OP, people just don’t know how to counter it (see: Warrior at launch and people complaining about 100B damage and Thieves basically forever).

Besides, a revenant hitting for 6k Autos on Hammer? He must be full zerk ammy and you must have absolutely no toughness.

Hell I ran those numbers through a calculator and the Revenant would have to be on the absolute most zerky build possible to pull something like that:

25 Might
Fury
Herald, Devastation, Invocation – all with exclusively damage traits
Berserker Amulet
Strength Runes
Sigil of Force

You’d also have to be below 50% HP and have less than 2000 armour or have kittenloads of vulnerability.

This is also assuming he’s using his Shiro Heal to get the extra 900 damage or so. Without that you need to be less than 50% HP, Below 2000 armour and have AT LEAST 10 stacks of vulnerability (which a Rev can’t put out at range).

OP is either exaggerating excessively or running a full glass build and fighting some very, very, very, very glassy Revenants that you could kill if you so much as sneezed at them. Not to mention 6k Hammer Autos would require conditions that are almost perfect. OP is bad and should feel bad.

noice

(edited by mexay.3902)

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Instead of all these nerfs every patch I suggest we all get our armor and weapons and skills removed and give everyone a loin cloth & a gun that shoots flowers, and whoever shoots the most flowers at some one the quickest wins. This sounds good lets do it!

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Dont worry, they will continue nerfing nerfnant bc there cant be a patch without a nerf to him. Hes already trash but who care. Need to be nerfed some more to dh level.

I was wondering when you would show up. Like supreme does for ele and quite a couple of people do for mesmer.

‘[Insert my favourite class here] is completely underpowered, hated by Anet and has always been nerfed, it hardly was in the meta ever. [Insert hardcounter here] is Anets golden child and has never ever been ever nerfed, ever.
Only due to my godlike level of skill and deep knowledge the class is playable at all.’

Despite that I stopped taking the op seriously when they used the word ‘hammer’.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

I was wondering when you would show up. Like supreme does for ele and quite a couple of people do for mesmer.

‘[Insert my favourite class here] is completely underpowered, hated by Anet and has always been nerfed, it hardly was in the meta ever. [Insert hardcounter here] is Anets golden child and has never ever been ever nerfed, ever.
Only due to my godlike level of skill and deep knowledge the class is playable at all.’

Despite that I stopped taking the op seriously when they used the word ‘hammer’.

Never said it wasnt meta but latest nerf to PT was completely kittened as it leaves rev with no energy to do ANYTHING at all while still having cooldown. Then we had other pointless nerfs such as core dodge trait with 5icd when the real problem (and still is) is herald one.

Destroyed shield 5 which is a complete joke nowdays, Shiro heal that you can reflect to heal yourself (that heal is a joke either way, too easy to negate completely).

Single target damage that gets 75% reduction when a clone/invisible object/pet/minion/someone else show up < show me any other class in this game that loses single target damage due to mentioned reason. Full of issues with terrain that causes our skills to not land at all etc.

Its quite funny to complain about hammer when its literally one of the worst weapons in game. Damage scales with range but it has no ability to kite someone or anything, once the gap is closed rev plays with only 1 wep set if their second was hammer. Id take ranger longbow anyday anytime over this trash.

For me they should scrap whole revenant and start it from the ground bc its honestly a joke broken beta class nowdays. Not really that much better than other power build due to all the nerfs but unlike other power specs anything with condi faceroll rev.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Never said it wasnt meta but latest nerf to PT was completely kittened as it leaves rev with no energy to do ANYTHING at all while still having cooldown. Then we had other pointless nerfs such as core dodge trait with 5icd when the real problem (and still is) is herald one.

Destroyed shield 5 which is a complete joke nowdays, Shiro heal that you can reflect to heal yourself (that heal is a joke either way, too easy to negate completely).

Single target damage that gets 75% reduction when a clone/invisible object/pet/minion/someone else show up < show me any other class in this game that loses single target damage due to mentioned reason. Full of issues with terrain that causes our skills to not land at all etc.

Its quite funny to complain about hammer when its literally one of the worst weapons in game. Damage scales with range but it has no ability to kite someone or anything, once the gap is closed rev plays with only 1 wep set if their second was hammer. Id take ranger longbow anyday anytime over this trash.

For me they should scrap whole revenant and start it from the ground bc its honestly a joke broken beta class nowdays. Not really that much better than other power build due to all the nerfs but unlike other power specs anything with condi faceroll rev.

Rev is theoretically still extremely powerful. But unfortunately they have no way to deal with condi, which is kinda essential.
Basically everything that applies conditions qualifies as hardcounter for power shiro and thats a problem.
I would agree on the full rework btw. But I would like to fully rework a lot of things.
Anet doesnt. The latest patches look a lot like they are generally happy and are only making small shaves here and there.
Revenant is a class with a very interesting concept and great potential, I hope they find a way to use that.
But I wouldnt count on it.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Its quite funny to complain about hammer when its literally one of the worst weapons in game.

You obviously don’t play WvW.

Dont worry, they will continue nerfing nerfnant bc there cant be a patch without a nerf to him.

Because no other class in the history of this game gets nerfs.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Ellie.5913

Its quite funny to complain about hammer when its literally one of the worst weapons in game.

You obviously don’t play WvW.

Dont worry, they will continue nerfing nerfnant bc there cant be a patch without a nerf to him.

Because no other class in the history of this game gets nerfs.

If rev is good in WvW great! But this is the pvp forum isnt it? Rev isn’t that great in pvp and no 1 uses hammer on rev in pvp (unless they are new and just don’t know any better)

(edited by Ellie.5913)

in PvP

zinkz.7045

If rev is good in WvW great! But this is the pvp forum isnt it? Rev isn’t that great in pvp and no 1 uses hammer on rev in pvp (unless they are new and just don’t know any better)

It is illogical to expect every trait, every weapon, every rune, etc to be designed and considered solely for PvP when the game has three modes, and ironically revs have had far more viable weapon choices since HoT than some classes in PvP.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Ellie.5913

It is illogical to expect every trait, every weapon, every rune, etc to be designed and considered solely for PvP when the game has three modes, and ironically revs have had far more viable weapon choices since HoT than some classes in PvP.

The OP is complaining about rev hammer being too over powerd in the pvp forum which I guess means people in pvp are using hammers on their rev and its way too powerful…..which no 1 uses hammer in pvp on rev so he clearly doesn’t know what hes talking about. And revs aren’t the only ones with good weapons…..I don’t see anything better about rev weapons than other profession weapons. Like I said I get 1 shotted by thiefs while on my rev all the time. I can’t think of anything a rev is good at killing except maybe a guardian( those melt like butter).

in PvP

Posted by: Shala.8352

Shala.8352

the energy nerf is too high, to a point that i have to spam autoattack more with revenant than with any other class. This is not “managing energy”, nothing to manage when after 2 skill you cant do anything else than autoattack, while every other class in this game is a spamm fest.
Actualy, almost every class counter revenant in 1v1, except for DH and maybe necro if you have the time to kite him a lot and there’s no minions around. Revenant burst is one of the lowest in the game, very easy to avoid and nullified by team fights.

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

The OP is complaining about rev hammer being too over powerd in the pvp forum which I guess means people in pvp are using hammers on their rev and its way too powerful…..which no 1 uses hammer in pvp on rev so he clearly doesn’t know what hes talking about. And revs aren’t the only ones with good weapons…..I don’t see anything better about rev weapons than other profession weapons. Like I said I get 1 shotted by thiefs while on my rev all the time. I can’t think of anything a rev is good at killing except maybe a guardian( those melt like butter).

They are gradually transitioning into more support like things it seems. It still has good damage potential but it’s fairly easy to avoid compared to some others. No real way to deal with conditions either so the Rev is kinda easy prey for condi, add to that no ranged condi wep of their own or any really viable ranged wep for use in PvP as well as nerf to PT means they’re kinda getting shafted since revs are forced to be melee and they are losing the ability to do that well too.

As for the OP’s complaints – I agree, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. The Hammer is dreadfully slow, only way you can get some decent use out of it is with Impossible Odds and even then sword does more damage. And how can anyone NOT avoid being hit by the hammer really, it’s heavily telegraphed, extremely slow and pretty easy to dodge.

in PvP

zinkz.7045

The OP is complaining about rev hammer being too over powerd in the pvp forum…

Which has nothing to do with I wrote, to what I responded to or what you responded with, gratz.

I don’t see anything better about rev weapons than other profession weapons.

Really, try reading things properly, I didn’t say revs had better weapons, I said they’ve had more viable choices since HoT than some other classes, in response to the whining about hammer. (e.g engy, hammer is a strong weapon, but it is basically hammer or nothing shield, pistols, rifle are very sub-par, hence virtually no one uses them, where as rev has seen sword, mace, axe, shield, staff, all used regularly at actual tournies)

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: BoB.6082

BoB.6082

i didnt think that .5 sec cast time was slow, i guess compared to instant skills its slow. 3k crit every .5 seconds wasnt by any means bad in any way shape or form last time i checked. seems overpowered if u ask me. especially when the revenant has 100% crit chance 100% of the time. i guess the only downside is that scrappers run a reflect.

Engineer | Mesmer | Thief