Anet want us all to play DH

in PvP

Posted by: Sezz.3029

Sezz.3029

Every game the same thing…. 4 to 3 DH per team. IDK why do u still allow class stacking but ok. It is clear now that you do not want variety. You want spammable traps on point with ridiculous survivability and almost Perma blocks. Amazing balance, IDk how u ppl still keep your jobs balance team.

(edited by Sezz.3029)

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Warrs kill DHs btw

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Possible solution: Matchmaking puts all queue’d DH’s into the same match for 5v5 DH showdowns. Queue times 15 seconds.

Everyone else has DH free matches, bu 15 min queue times XD

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

That’s weird, tonight it was all thieves, eles, and necros for me. In fact, I was the only guardian in all my matches tonight.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

Sezz.3029

i just got a game with 4 dh on my team

in PvP

Posted by: Rune Darkmoor.3269

Rune Darkmoor.3269

Please don’t. My balanced team just 500-0’d a team with three DH that had no clue what they were doing.

Contrary to popular belief, DH do not carry games. (I was playing burn guardian lol)

(edited by Rune Darkmoor.3269)

in PvP

Posted by: Ivakis Solo.4807

Ivakis Solo.4807

I main a Thief for PvP and I can say I know the class. I know what is expected of me and I’m fairly confident in my abilities to 1v1 and 1v2. Most of my games are losses no matter how hard I try, no matter how top stats I get, most of the games I play – losses.
Now I have Warrior and Guardian for PvE and after reading in this forum I decided to try the Guardian in PvP. Got myself a build that I can play, I know the class since I play it in PvE but I’m not confident in my fights. I often miss-click skills and lose 1v1 and 1v2 against good players. But for the last 4 days I play the Guardian in PvP I have 1 loss of more that 15 matches!!! I mean WTF?!?

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Ivakis Solo.4807, try to play the class w/o traps or meditation.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Ivakis Solo.4807

Ivakis Solo.4807

It doesn’t matter how I play it I’m not good with the class and I still win. And with the class I think I’m good with and I enjoy playing I lose all my games. That’s the point!

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

dh’s are practically free kills half the time.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

It doesn’t matter how I play it I’m not good with the class and I still win. And with the class I think I’m good with and I enjoy playing I lose all my games. That’s the point!

Since damage output creep makes wonders in this game, maybe ur being carried, alot of builds are about that, burst in oportunity windows, within good timming u can win against lots of players, this is not only for DH’s.

The defensiveness of a guardian/Dh is pretty easy to beat, well if u know how the class works.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: JOHNNY.7364

JOHNNY.7364

This is what people on stream are talking about. The whole forum is full of people crying over DH’s.

I play rev, warrior, Mesmer and Druid and have no problem against dragonhunters. I am pretty sure it has something to do with skills and knowing other classes. If you know how to play a class, you know how to counter is. Also don’t try to kill dragonhunters when you play a class you don’t master. Play some unranked matches and learn your class. Maybe go duel someone that’s good on dragonhunter and learn how to counter it.

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

This is what people on stream are talking about. The whole forum is full of people crying over DH’s.

I play rev, warrior, Mesmer and Druid and have no problem against dragonhunters. I am pretty sure it has something to do with skills and knowing other classes. If you know how to play a class, you know how to counter is. Also don’t try to kill dragonhunters when you play a class you don’t master. Play some unranked matches and learn your class. Maybe go duel someone that’s good on dragonhunter and learn how to counter it.

100% agree. I would also add that DH are sooooo slow as well and that good rotations outplay them pretty easily. Personally I have won my games against stacked DH’s

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

The problem isn’t that they’re beatable, the lack of variety is just boring as *

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

can anyone explain me why you think dh is op ? they are too slow to have any impact on rotations, they arent the best duelist either, so only teamfighting left. In teamfights you usually encounter the enemy support, an elementalist, who will permanently block all your projectiles and reduce your damage by 40% through high protection uptime on his team.

As you see dh doesn´t even fill into any role to really shine. Now tell me what exactly the problem with dh´s strength is ?

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

can anyone explain me why you think dh is op ? they are too slow to have any impact on rotations, they arent the best duelist either, so only teamfighting left. In teamfights you usually encounter the enemy support, an elementalist, who will permanently block all your projectiles and reduce your damage by 40% through high protection uptime on his team.

As you see dh doesn´t even fill into any role to really shine. Now tell me what exactly the problem with dh´s strength is ?

DH has great support with high burst, they can drop traps on downed enemies and friendlies, they have a ton of survival and 4 different viable specs for high mmr ranked play and theyre stronger in groups, if your team has 1 DH it isnt that much of a problem, but when you class stack it just becomes absurd.

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

If they eliminated class stacking from ranked it would solve a lot of problems with not only class balance, but also match making, in my opinion. Think about how many matches you’ve had where there’s 2 thiefs that can’t switch and you just cant team fight.

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

I see more warriors and the same amount of thieves/necros tbh. The only difference is when it comes to thieves or necros that they swap before the start of the match.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I see more warriors and the same amount of thieves/necros tbh. The only difference is when it comes to thieves or necros that they swap before the start of the match.

lower tier you see more warriors. medium tier you see more DH and high tier you see more druids.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

lower tier you see more warriors. medium tier you see more DH and high tier you see more druids.

I assume low plat high gold is “lower tier” then.

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

DH is relatively easy to play and, -if you use more traps than the heal and Test of Faith, which is a bad choice, anyway- can stack big AoE burst damage easily and use things like F1 to fish unwary players, specially when several DH stack their traps together. The same can happen when Necros stack their wells and marks.

But DH can be countered: there’s a lot of piercing attacks in HoT which ignore their blocks, there’s a lot of anti-projectile hate to negate their longbows, also, and due most of DH don’t use traveller runes usually they can be outrotated.

A couple of days ago I faced a team with 3 necros + DH; before the match we chose to go close + far due they will probably would be stronger than us at center but would lack mobilty. Was the right tactic and besides being a close match -and myself being mediocre with power Herald, which I’m still learning- we finally prevail:

in PvP

Posted by: Scathe.8741

Scathe.8741

I really want to know how to counter a team of DH when they pull you right into the center of their laid traps and down you in half a second. Really enlighten me because I believe their isn’t a counter for that. They can leap at you, lay traps, pull you if you run, block for an eternity, heal, then repeat. You are not going to defeat 3-4 of them with some crap advice like “just counter it” or “If you play one you’ll know how to beat it” because you did ages ago when they were utter crap. A warrior might be able to but not everyone plays them and you shouldn’t have to. You can probably port away if your fast enough. Although they will just be a worse problem in team fights if you just run away from them. It makes me laugh at this rotation comment about them being slow. If I don’t have to move my kitten from the point do I need to be fast?

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Stability counters the pull.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Scathe.8741

Oh I’ll just manage to have that the entire game on every class.

(edited by Scathe.8741)

in PvP

phokus.8934

Oh I’ll just manage to have that the entire game on every class.

Stop being 5 for two minutes.

You said that there was no counter to DH pull to which I simply stated that stability protects you from being pulled.

Generally speaking, have a greater overall match awareness and don’t get tunnel vision that so many people get.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Warrs kill DHs btw

No.. power war CAN kill dh. The matchup still favors DH.

in PvP

Sezz.3029

Warrs kill DHs btw

true story war loses to dh easily

in PvP

Posted by: Lenaro.5924

Lenaro.5924

Warrs kill DHs btw

Piggy-backing to say I get kittened by DH’s all the time as WAR. I can win if they screw up, but it definitely feels slanted in their favor.

On the primary topic – the main problem I have with DH is actually how well traps fit into a bunker/contest the point style. I’ve had it happen on numerous occasions that a DH simply runs to the point, often against bad odds, and traps.

At this point I feel like I have 2 choices…

1. Eat the damage, pop all of my mitigation/iframes/dodges to prevent them from contesting the point

2. Back off the point and let them freely decap it

Neither choice feels acceptable, I feel like either way the DH has come out ahead. To me, though I’m far from the most experienced player, it seems like DH is the only build which forces the decision of either lose the fight, or lose the point. When I’ve chosen to eat the damage, even on WAR with a substantial amount of invuln, I’ve always lost the resulting fight without massive team support showing up. It takes too many of my defensive abilities and I’m left with a fraction of my kit following the traps.

By comparison, I choose to get off the point – I cannot re-enter it until my team shows up. I could enter and, just as I would had I remained on the point, blow all of my defensives to survive – but then I lose the resulting fight. I just don’t understand what the proper response is.

(edited by Lenaro.5924)

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Warrs kill DHs btw

Piggy-backing to say I get kittened my DH’s all the time as WAR. I can win if they screw up, but it definitely feels slanted in their favor.

On the primary topic – the main problem I have with DH is actually how well traps fit into a bunker/contest the point style. I’ve had it happen on numerous occasions that a DH simply runs to the point, often against bad odds, and traps.

1. Eat the damage, pop all of my mitigation/iframes/dodges to prevent them from contesting the point

Neither choice feels acceptable, I feel like either way the DH has come out ahead. To me, though I’m far from the most experienced player, it seems like DH is the only build which forces the decision of either lose the fight, or lose the point. When I’ve chosen to eat the damage, even on WAR with a substantial amount of invuln, I’ve always lost the resulting fight without massive team support showing up. It takes too many of my defensive abilities and I’m left with a fraction of my kit following the traps.

By comparison, I choose to get off the point – I cannot re-enter it until my team shows up. I could enter and, just as I would had I remained on the point, blow all of my defensives to survive – but then I lose the resulting fight. I just don’t understand what the proper response is.

I completely agree. I don’t have enormous trouble fighting a dh. What I hate is trying to either hold or cap a point that they are on. They essentially have area denial because you can either sit in the trap and eat the damage or move out and lose the point. Maybe there are better strategies but that’s my experience

in PvP

Posted by: xxoriginaldjxx.9182

xxoriginaldjxx.9182

Warrs kill DHs btw

Piggy-backing to say I get kittened my DH’s all the time as WAR. I can win if they screw up, but it definitely feels slanted in their favor.

I completely agree. I don’t have enormous trouble fighting a dh. What I hate is trying to either hold or cap a point that they are on. They essentially have area denial because you can either sit in the trap and eat the damage or move out and lose the point. Maybe there are better strategies but that’s my experience

I am still really new to pvp and the game in general. I’ve been practicing in unranked and dh’s area denial also causes difficulties for me. I play p/p condi engi. The greatest success I tend to have is to use my toolkit to pull them off point and buy a little more time and try to blow their defensive skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Condi warrs wreck me tho =S
I can see why power warrs are easier.

in PvP

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

its a biggest myth ,guardian have epic mobility on most maps,s2 is basicly blink thru anything on 10 sec cd, f2 800 range jump + elite and you are fast asf.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You’re a thf main? If i were you, i wouldn’t play this game. There’s been enough thf complaint threads lately about thf being brain dead and op.

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

its a biggest myth ,guardian have epic mobility on most maps,s2 is basicly blink thru anything on 10 sec cd, f2 800 range jump + elite and you are fast asf.

yes, people totally waste a 90 sec cooldown elite skill just to re-use f2 as a mobility skill, that’s a thing that happens.

and all guardian blink skills require a target.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Who would have known, that instant and extremely low cast-time CC combined with a skill that does massive damage when being pushed back and forth over it could lead to a class being very rewarding while quite easy to play?

Even more, put that on a body that is decently sturdy (between blocks/invulns + heals), with above-average map mobility (between blinks + lynx runes + leap), and has excellent ranged pressure when things get hair, and you get a spec that is stacked extremely well.

Honestly, the CC is the problem, as there is too much cc that lacks a suitable tell (shield knockback is instant, spear pull travels way too fast and even the pros can rarely dodge it (they have to predict when its coming, you can’t react to it), and bow 3 knockback is quite quick too. Just up the cast time on some of these skills, and the damage becomes much easier to play around but still possible for good players.

Honestly, MOST of the problems with GW2 have always been:
- Instant skills (and skills with too low of a cast time for extremely high reward)
- Auto-procs
- excessive numbers of invulns, blocks, evades, etc.

Basically every class, across the board, needs some of these things reduced.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Warrs kill DHs btw

Signet of Might, Headbutt and Arc Slice say “hello”.

One of the main reasons I’m spamming Warrior matches at the moment is to instantly drop the hurrdurr block guards on point and spike the Nec’s with double stances.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Yea gs warriors are deadly when using dh. Probably one of the funnest duels I’ve ever had. Signet of might+skullgrinder> arc divider = dead if you’re not paying attention. It’s honestly hilarious when a dh gets dropped in 5 seconds from that.

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

I love using DH. The trick is to unload on someone who uses all his skills early. But I think that’s with all classes tho. I have trouble with good players. And eat bad players for dinner.

in PvP

Scathe.8741

You said that there was no counter to DH pull to which I simply stated that stability protects you from being pulled.

Generally speaking, have a greater overall match awareness and don’t get tunnel vision that so many people get.

What are you going on about? You must be one of them people that are offended by every response because you got a reply. I wasn’t being sarcastic quit jerking off about it.

in PvP

phokus.8934

What are you going on about? You must be one of them people that are offended by every response because you got a reply. I wasn’t being sarcastic quit jerking off about it.

Is there something seriously wrong with you? You literally are making no sense right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Halikus.1406

Halikus.1406

The problem isn’t that they’re beatable, the lack of variety is just boring as *

Exatcly this. Today I got 3 matches with 5 guardians/DHs, it was utterly disgusting. Beating them is not the problem, the thing is that people don’t play anything else since DHs are the most faceroll class at the moment. I’m tired of killing DHs only as well as having to dodge traps every 2 meters I walk.

in PvP

Sezz.3029

anet why do u allow 4 guards vs 3 thieves. Please i demand an explanation.

in PvP

Posted by: sexuallegend.2153

sexuallegend.2153

lmao? dh’s? XD my lad….to defeat an opponent in battle, you must be capable of recognizing his tactics. you need to invest more time into learning DH before you can be fully prepared into understanding its weaknesses. Just like defeating any other class. Lmao. The only thing PVP needs to fix is class stacking.

I know I’m not the only one….all of these threads are the same. They all stem from the same exact problem. From the nerfing complaints to the individuals resorting to match manipulation to win games. It all stems from the inability or the blatant refusal to invest time towards learning classes and their weaknesses and being able to dismantle them. It’s a game of rock paper scissors. You want to win every game? Well you better pick one of those three and hope you’re prepared to meet your counter lads.

Shadow, the Legend Myth
(Shadow the Jedi, An Arrogant Samurai, The Legend Myth, One Of The Avengers)
Best Player Episode 4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpC1yIGFB0

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

Silly pleb DHs complaining about unblockeable signet warrior, please.

The real danger is condi warrior.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

Silly pleb DHs complaining about unblockeable signet warrior, please.

The real danger is condi warrior.

oh, & don’t we know it ;-)

20 stacks of confusion here we comeee

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Warrs kill DHs btw

Signet of Might, Headbutt and Arc Slice say “hello”.

^ This….all warriors should read this if they don’t know already.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "