Anet, why nerf condi revs?

in PvP

Posted by: Healingz R Us.7240

Healingz R Us.7240

Condi revs aren’t OP in any way, so why nerf them into the ground?

Nerfing stab isn’t going to make any changes to the rampant invo power revs with a million stun breaks running around everywhere.

There really wasn’t any need to reduce stab and resistance uptime for condi revs, yet here we are.

The only thing that needed to be toned down a bit was Impossible Odds auto attacks and with thieves becoming more prevalent in pvp, that’s already one passive nerf to power revs.

Shiro/Glint is the only playable build now and further more Invo/Dev/Herald.

Nerfing underplayed builds into the ground isn’t balancing. Why don’t you consider more than one build when making patches?

RIP build diversity. I would appreciate your feedback on making this decision.

Thanks,

-Rev of Boa

-Healy

(edited by Healingz R Us.7240)

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

100% agree. I hardly saw any condi revs in pvp. Just the occasional one (I do play it sometimes myself). Power revs very rarely if ever used Retri line and they are the most abundant. Nerfing a trait that is used by a minority of Revs in pvp seems like a very very strange decision.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Strange dicision indeed it was required by all off-meta builds do to a lack of reliable stunbreaks. While the meta build barely used it… I would really want to hear their argument on this decision.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in PvP

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

I feel you Boa & Spartacus…

You did it ANet! You finally broke me to the point I don’t want to play the game anymore, this recurring pattern of butchering rather than balancing has gone too far this time.

It feels like the “skills team” (or w/e you guys call it in house) is run by people who have never touched the game, feels more like run by 10 yr old girls who play MOBAs on an iPhone.

I’ve been a proponent of this game for a long time, stayed when everything was crashing and burning post HoT, but no more, you managed to break the only build I was enjoying in PvP that wasn’t even meta or remotely OP… Gz

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

in PvP

Healingz R Us.7240

I honestly could live with one or the other nerfs to stab. Ok I get stab on evade now that’s fine OR ok my ICD is upped to 8 seconds that’s cool, but the combination of the two makes non-meta builds unplayable.

I tried Invo – the extra stun break helps a bit, but without Shiro or staff it’s just not enough stun break or defensive skills to make anything of it.

-Rev of Boa

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Really there just needs to be a stunbreak on each legend, I think Stab makes for lazy play but Mallyx undeniably needs it. If you already have a SB then Invocation does it for you, but without it… You need Stab.

in PvP

Healingz R Us.7240

That’s a good idea too. That would definitely notch it back towards playable again, but it also didn’t really need that big of a nerf in the first place. Not like the build itself is super powerful.

Another thing that would be missing is the defensive capabilities from the staff that you would see on Glint/Shiro.
Staff/Sword/Shield has too much energy upkeep to be playing with high energy utilities from Mallyx.
The stab helped make up for these differences in stun breaks/defensive skills while not really being considered OP.

-Rev of Boa

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

I really wanted to see Mallyx get a stunbreaker on Pain absorption so i can sorta steer away from Retribution line, but nope, and compensation for the Facet of Nature nerf, I thought it might of been fitting to increase some of the durations of resistance on Pain Absorption as well. My Hybrid Rev is sad.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

I honestly believe Anet is trying to force each class into a role. When you have a class that can do multiple things, they need people for each class looking at ways to balance and even things out with in each class. Rev needed serious help outside of glint/shiro and instead they made it the only option. Now we look at every class in the game, pick the meta build and apply to every area of the game.

Lets be honest Anet is dropping bombs and we are the toilet.

in PvP

Posted by: JayAction.9056

JayAction.9056

Wassup, I see you every season…

I thought the functionality change was the biggest hit tbh. It makes ground cc that much harder to deal with, since there isn’t really anything to be evading, unless you luckily evade something before it is casted and then get the proc. Then, in the case of war stuns for example, if you evade the stun, you don’t really need the stab anyways (referring to 1v1s here)…

It’s just a horrible change imo, and with such a long ICD it’s likely you wont ever have stab when you actually want it.

I always thought you were gimping yourself playing condi btw lol.

(edited by JayAction.9056)

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

Nominating this for quote of the year.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

I love that they nerfed Retribution but not Devastation or Invocation… Those are the two trait lines that are making Revs do such crazy damage. Those and SotM, Sword AA, and Unrelenting Assault. Oh, there’s also the huge might stacking, and of course 100% crit with the Invocation trait.

But Retribution was what absolutely needed to be nerfed…

And yes, I agree that condi Rev is actually fairly balanced. The only really OP is torment, and that’s a problem with how the condi works and how long it lasts. I think Thieves would LOVE a nerf to torment lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Dariya.9380

Dariya.9380

An absolutely atrocious change. Anet, do you even play this game? If there was any build diversity for revs before, there’s isn’t now.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Nominating this for quote of the year.

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

RIP in pieces, Retribution Revenant.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

It makes thieves/guards better. Not saying its the best way, just saying why they proly did it.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

It makes thieves/guards better. Not saying its the best way, just saying why they proly did it.

Condi Heralds weren’t used too much at any part of the game; they were weaker than the power variants. Makes the class unapealing to me, since I found Shiro as legend and staff as weapon extremely boring to play.

I mean: it wouldn’t force me to change my gear, due I already have full ascended viper and power items for both builds, but will make me to stop to play Herald and to return to DH, since is much more flexible in terms of skill selection and you don’t need stability if you have 3 breakstuns, 6 blinds and 12 blocks on demand.

(edited by Buran.3796)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Condi Heralds weren’t used too much at any part of the game; they were weaker than the power variants. Makes the class unapealing to me, since I found Shiro as legend and staff as weapon extremely boring to play.

I mean: it wouldn’t force me to change my gear, due I already have full ascended viper and power items for both builds, but will make me to stop to play Herald and to return to DH, since is much more flexible in terms of skill selection and you don’t need stability if you have 3 breakstuns, 6 blinds and 12 blocks on demand.

By that, I mean that the nerf isnt directed to condi rev, but power retri, which does better than invo rev against thief/dh heavy teams

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Healingz R Us.7240

I honestly believe Anet is trying to force each class into a role. When you have a class that can do multiple things, they need people for each class looking at ways to balance and even things out with in each class. Rev needed serious help outside of glint/shiro and instead they made it the only option. Now we look at every class in the game, pick the meta build and apply to every area of the game.

I think you are right. I was actually amazed when the default builds came out for rev and Ventari rev was on there over condi rev ^^ laughable.

-Healy

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I think you are right. I was actually amazed when the default builds came out for rev and Ventari rev was on there over condi rev ^^ laughable.

I also found it funny that they classified it as support since it’s actually a bunker/decap build. They probably chose it because it’s supposed to be an easy sustain build though it’s far from it…

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari