Anet you are killing your own game

in PvP

Posted by: Espire.9723

Espire.9723

This will sound like a rant and it kinda is….. For more then 3 years I’ve been enduring Anets extreme lack of PvP support, but I think I’m finally done with PvP. I’m not even going to list all the problems that GW2 has atm, because there are good threads on a daily basis that just get completely ignored by the devs. Avoiding the hot topics won’t save your game. We care a lot for the state of this game and ignoring us just feels like one big “kitten you” to be honest, when you’re claiming how you’re always listening to your playerbase and I’m not talking about the rage threads. Every patch has it’s problems I am aware of that, and an addon even more, but the way you handle constructive criticism is just terrible. There was a thread lately (pretty much daily at this point) where someone pointed out people are getting stomped by premade teams while playing solo and you finally answered. And your answer was?

I’m really curious as to how you guys are figuring out if the other team is a pre-made. We don’t tell you, and looking at the data there are very few party rosters compared to solo.

Is it just match quality being bad? Are you just recognizing player names?

Are you serious? All the talk about Solo PvP problems and this is your answer? It’s not that hard to realize, when you get stomped by a five man team with everybody having THE SAME GUILD TAG…… no SoloQ is a huge problem and you know it, and giving an answer like that makes you look really really bad.

Every single thread where they gave us an answer were either about technical issues, which I’m completely fine with, and the other half were ESL tournament related which probably brings Anet the most money PvP wise and at this point, it just makes you look greedy. You need to make money, I’m not that stupid, but for the love of god give us some feedback to the all the other problems! Don’t just ignore us. For years people have been writing topics about how unbalanced the matchmaking feels and the huge time it takes you to bring new patches, only to see that they created a ton of new ones. PvP feels unfinished since launch and considering your low support it probably always will.

So please Anet, at least give us some information. Hell at this point I would be satisfied if you’d just make a thread saying, that you guys are focusing on PvE and PvP Tournaments because of the money. But promising changes and advertising your great player support is just wrong.

PS: English isn’t my first language, so please bear that in mind

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

…There was a thread lately (pretty much daily at this point) where someone pointed out people are getting stomped by premade teams while playing solo and you finally answered. And your answer was?…

Just a heads up, in case this changes how you frame your argument: the dev quote you are citing is from 11 months ago. Also your English appears to be great.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

they have a plan… they just forgot about the part where you are supposed to be having fun

in PvP

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

How can you complain about Anet’s lack of PvP support if they just have organized a pro league with 200k cash reward?

Isn’t that the ultimate sign of how much Anet cares about PvP?

(edited by saturn.4810)

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Hey

I’ve also asked for a solo queue before and some problems also frustate me daily.

But…they are comited to the goal of giving us a fair mmr algorithm that can handle teams and solo queuers alike, this is frustating to us because we want the game fixed now….but if they pull it off (even if it takes a while) the game will be more fun than ever to all of us (more players to face).

I can´t tell you if they will be able to do a fair algorithm to solo and teams, but Justin is working his kitten off, he’s very active on forums and hes investigating what’s happening…he’s going in the right direction.

Let’s give him a chance and some time

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

in PvP

Posted by: Clandestinity.5147

Clandestinity.5147

…There was a thread lately (pretty much daily at this point) where someone pointed out people are getting stomped by premade teams while playing solo and you finally answered. And your answer was?…

Just a heads up, in case this changes how you frame your argument: the dev quote you are citing is from 11 months ago. Also your English appears to be great.

I was about to point out the same thing but it doesn’t really matter wether it was just now or 11 months ago. It’s still a bad answer.

in PvP

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

^THIS. However, the lack of communication is pretty disturbing. With leagues on the horizon, it’s just going to make things worse. Blade & Soul can’t come any sooner.

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

^THIS. However, the lack of communication is pretty disturbing. With leagues on the horizon, it’s just going to make things worse. Blade & Soul can’t come any sooner.

I have a feeling that there’s been some sort of directive not to address the forums again. We had a nice run where Anet was actually fairly communicative, but we’re back to the old ways. What a shame.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in PvP

Espire.9723

I have to admit that I wasn’t aware of the time this was posted, but to be honest it only makes them look even worse. 11 months and the exact same problems still exist to this day, without ever giving a satisfying answer about the topic.

in PvP

Espire.9723

How can you complain about Anet’s lack of PvP support if they just have organized a pro league with 200k cash reward?

Sarcasm?

in PvP

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

I have a feeling that there’s been some sort of directive not to address the forums again. We had a nice run where Anet was actually fairly communicative, but we’re back to the old ways. What a shame.

It sure seems like it. The hyper communication of pre-HoT is plainly dead. It’s pretty sad, I was hoping that was the model of the future.

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

Hey

I’ve also asked for a solo queue before and some problems also frustate me daily.

But…they are comited to the goal of giving us a fair mmr algorithm that can handle teams and solo queuers alike, this is frustating to us because we want the game fixed now….but if they pull it off (even if it takes a while) the game will be more fun than ever to all of us (more players to face).

I can´t tell you if they will be able to do a fair algorithm to solo and teams, but Justin is working his kitten off, he’s very active on forums and hes investigating what’s happening…he’s going in the right direction.

people have axed for soloq since it was removed… so they’ve had time here’s the crux of the issue from anets pov of why they won’t change the queues

anet splits queue, so # of people for teams to face drops off
?teams have to wait longer to play
?teams stop playing as teams because they so bored

^ thats the fear, the reality:

anet merged queue, so # of people for teams to face jumps up
?teams have shorter to wait to play
?teams roll over soloq’rs (or at least is perceived as such)
?soloq’rs leave spvp/leave queuing/leave gw2
?total pop falls
?queue times begin to rise again
?back where we started, except the overall pop is down

so wat do they do? the moment they split it back up, queue times for teams def jumps up as all those soloq’rs go back to soloq’ing.

wat anet isn’t considering is that when people are having fun, they will continue to play and can try to bring their friends over/spread the word of fun/grow more.

the current strat is to force people to play X way, try to entice w/ $$$ in tourneys to get the pop up, all the while neglecting the #1 important aspect of gaming… having fun

in PvP

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

Sarcasm?

Just trying to understand Anet’s point of view.

I mean they support and care about PvP, just not the parts we (solo PvPers) would like to have supported.

(edited by saturn.4810)

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Sarcasm?

Giving the money to the players and not developement won’t make the game better. At this rate they could just use the money to refund PvP players and remove PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

This game had a lot of potential. I remember free pvp tokens, paid pvp tokens, tournament style queues with some really fun to play builds, much less spam, and pvp rewards like i was able to recognize good players in hotm from starters just based on looks. That was quite fun i would say.

Almost every pvp and balance patch introduced at least one extremely bad idea which ruined the game to deeper level. And now we are here, statistics say there are many people playing pvp, i say i see the same people playing every day, each time i queue, same builds, no rewards, no point to compete, everyone is frustrated.

Still the game somehow always catch me back and i log in to play few matches just to realize it is really bad, but i can feel that hidden potential of what it could have been and what it is not what really bothers me the most, because there are not many other games i would have enjoy from a combat perspective that much as i do here.

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

in PvP

Espire.9723

Sarcasm?

Just trying to understand Anet’s point of view.

I mean they support and care about PvP, just not the parts we would like to have supported.

The part where they care about PvP is the part that can be seen by the public. They are luring new players by advertising the game via the tournaments. Now you could either argue that this is a good thing because a lot of new players will bring Anet more money so they can increase the game support, or (which is more likely in my opinion) they will make a lot of money because of the player increase and the support will stay the exact same, because the money is used to create more money. I mean look at the amount of money/ new players HoT brought, and the actual state of PvP….

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

Hey

people have axed for soloq since it was removed… so they’ve had time here’s the crux of the issue from anets pov of why they won’t change the queues

anet splits queue, so # of people for teams to face drops off
?teams have to wait longer to play
?teams stop playing as teams because they so bored

^ thats the fear, the reality:

anet merged queue, so # of people for teams to face jumps up
?teams have shorter to wait to play
?teams roll over soloq’rs (or at least is perceived as such)
?soloq’rs leave spvp/leave queuing/leave gw2
?total pop falls
?queue times begin to rise again
?back where we started, except the overall pop is down

so wat do they do? the moment they split it back up, queue times for teams def jumps up as all those soloq’rs go back to soloq’ing.

wat anet isn’t considering is that when people are having fun, they will continue to play and can try to bring their friends over/spread the word of fun/grow more.

the current strat is to force people to play X way, try to entice w/ $$$ in tourneys to get the pop up, all the while neglecting the #1 important aspect of gaming… having fun

yeah I must admit I’ve thought about that before…but since i don’t have any way of knowing for sure that’s the problem (and indeed I’ve been noticing a growth in pvp population) I’m inclined to believe anet is doing this out of design they firmly believe they can pull off an mmr algorithm for solo and teams.

And i can tell you sometimes it works as a charm I’ve faced full team comps that were on my level and won several matches against them. I believe sometimes the mmr algorithm fails, but it is improving.

They are actively solving issues on mmr and they are investigating it frequently, so let’s see where that goes

Keep this in mind:
-> people said that gw2 pvp is smaller than gw1 pvp: It isn´t
-> people said gw2 pvp wouldnt grow: it is growing
-> people said there wouldn´t be leagues: there are
-> people said meta needed more variety: we have the largest number of meta builds ever

So who knows what will happen next

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

(edited by Talyn Sneider.1825)

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Negativity at its finest

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Jaxom.7310

nipped

Keep this in mind:
-> people said that gw2 pvp is smaller than gw1 pvp: It isn´t
-> people said gw2 pvp wouldnt grow: it is growing
-> people said there wouldn´t be leagues: there are
-> people said meta needed more variety: we have the largest number of meta builds ever

So who knows what will happen next

1. gw2 likely has a broader market appeal than gw1 did. so more players in tots = moar likely in pvp. so theres a bias built in here. maybe if the statement from anet was ‘gw2 has a higher % of players in pvp than gw1 ever did’ i’d be on board w/ u
2. similar bias built in, we can imagine that the f2p add + xpac resulted in add’l players coming into gw2, resulting in a tot pop growth, resulting in teh likelyhood that some of them would try pvp. what anet didn’t say was ‘we have a higher % of people queueing up every day’.
3. don’t care
4. don’t care

so u aren’t wrong, but u gat to see how they can be telling the truth, but not the whole truth. we can’t expect them to give us full deets, and i don’t hold it against them, but that leaves us w/ player’s perception.

maybe (read likely) i’m wrong/in the minority on this one, but my queues kept going up (when i did queue solo) my enjoyment kept going down, and the number of custom servers full is fewer and fewer. so from my pov, theres less people to play w/