Feedback on Balance Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

So.. there was a patch. Yet the broken guard with a 1,000 blocks and insane burns is still the choice for anyone new because a 3 year old can own with the build. We have anet in all their glory of forcing a circle dancing pvp game where you have to fight for a point where the traps sit. Gotta love the stupidity that is anet sometimes.

Maybe in the next “Patch” they can fix the issue with cutting the burn down a bit or blocks. Or extending the recharge time on insane traps. The cool downs are way too short for such powerful skills and its crazy how even with short cool downs they recharge after laying them down and not after triggered..

Yay anet.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

Lol Gold t2 placement in both season 5 and 6 and i didn’t need to use a broken class to get there. Oh season 2 I went 102-9 so skill on my side isn’t in question. I’m sorry if your a fan of a broken build but i just bring reality.

Guard actually more of the Dragon Hunters is broken and its not a question it just is.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Hmm I don’t think that is how it works. I mean if you know that you don’t stand a chance against a class, why would you fight it in the first place ? If the guardian is afk holding a node, then he will become a dead weight for his team. The point is not to absolutely gain and hold all three points at all time. It would be far better to make sure that you hold and defend the nodes that your team own or have one node and keep contested/decap others.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

mesmers can active the trap with a clone, the same can do necros with rise, rangers don’t even need to go in point to kill a guard and thief can just teleport in and out, with only a small damage, making the guard wast his skill.
The guardian is strong, but not the best class of this game. In team fight have some problems, expecially if the enemy team know how to fight one. A good thief can just spam backstab and AA on the back of a guardian and he die easy. Warriors can burst them down easy with unblockable CC and burst.

Also, burn guardian was strong pre-HoT, not they’re unplayable with all the amount of conditions in this game. Also, as a necromancer I really like to find them and kill them with they’re burn. Send back 15 stack of burn don’t have price

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Lol Gold t2 placement in both season 5 and 6 and i didn’t need to use a broken class to get there. Oh season 2 I went 102-9 so skill on my side isn’t in question. I’m sorry if your a fan of a broken build but i just bring reality.

Guard actually more of the Dragon Hunters is broken and its not a question it just is.

I want to say the OP meant DH considering his complaints about traps etc.
I don’t think anyone really refers to any elites by their proper name seeing as they might as well be the core ones considering how relatively useless core builds are in comparison.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

thief can just teleport in and out, with only a small damage, making the guard wast his skill.

I hope you’re talking about dodge, because any normal minded thief will think twice about teleport in and out against a guard. Especially in opening where you can almost guarantee that the guard will have the most popular trap hidden there. Every teleport triggers test of faith once and we’re talking about 5k hp gone with just “in and out”.

I agree with guard not being the best class in game though, especially true for burn guard.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

mesmers can active the trap with a clone, the same can do necros with rise, rangers don’t even need to go in point to kill a guard and thief can just teleport in and out, with only a small damage, making the guard wast his skill.
The guardian is strong, but not the best class of this game. In team fight have some problems, expecially if the enemy team know how to fight one. A good thief can just spam backstab and AA on the back of a guardian and he die easy. Warriors can burst them down easy with unblockable CC and burst.

Also, burn guardian was strong pre-HoT, not they’re unplayable with all the amount of conditions in this game. Also, as a necromancer I really like to find them and kill them with they’re burn. Send back 15 stack of burn don’t have price

A thief would die if they tried it to do it because there is guaranteed a trap there and teleport counts as walking through the trap twice. It is very much possible to take 4xdamage from the trap by using shadowstep (assuming you meant it).
Thief can’t spam backstab as it is on CD and successful hit applies reveal… -_-’

A smart thief, assuming he has to fight guard for whatever odd reasons, would go in stealth and dodge through guard to get rid of first stack of traps…. just saying.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Itz Jay.8941

Itz Jay.8941

So.. there was a patch. Yet the broken guard with a 1,000 blocks and insane burns is still the choice for anyone new because a 3 year old can own with the build. We have anet in all their glory of forcing a circle dancing pvp game where you have to fight for a point where the traps sit. Gotta love the stupidity that is anet sometimes.

Maybe in the next “Patch” they can fix the issue with cutting the burn down a bit or blocks. Or extending the recharge time on insane traps. The cool downs are way too short for such powerful skills and its crazy how even with short cool downs they recharge after laying them down and not after triggered..

Yay anet.

I’d say be careful what you wish for. Burn DH is a free kill. Once any DH uses his elite, he should be a free kill. DH is reliant on either longbow push and F1 pull, or lots of traps and symbol spams. That means for DH to kill you it has to be on his terms, in his AoE’s.

You wish the DH traps, longbow and burn away and Anet might just decide to turn guardian into a real meta class.

Burn DH focus has a tiny range skill on number 4 and a useless fire-breathing skill on number 5. Then you have judges intervention teleport, which you just have to dodge when he goes invisible. And a consecration ring again with a tiny range.

If you cant dodge the two utilities or notice when DH has changed to focus then that’s your problem not the DH. If you’re having trouble fighting the build either play it or at least look it up on metabattle, find it’s strengths and weaknesses and play the kitten out of them. It’s not as if you are battling several conditions. It’s just one condition.

Generally speaking you don’t wanna 1v1 a DH if he is defending a node, it takes way too much time as opposed to supporting your team. It goes with fighting anyone really, aim to fight on your terms not theirs, and at least find the middle ground, otherwise you’re dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

My knowledge of thief lack some points. But what I mean is that you can backstab and then spam AA. I wrote it wrong XD
About the trap, I didn’t know that shadowstep count as double. Now i know that it’s not a common teleport skill.
Anyway a thief have 3 dodge, enough to dodgeroll in and out the trap, then flee away with a movement skill, just the time to make the trap end. if needed you can do it twice if the guardian set them again.

Maybe for a thief make the guard waste his traps is not easy as i tought, but for a large amount of classes it is.
They’re strong but not so hard to elude.
I played DH at high levels and find out that there’s a large amount of ways to ignore your traps and your block skills, making you sometimes really easy to kill.

The DH is easy to use at low levels and grant you easy kills against low rank players, but at higher levels there’s players that know how to kill you easy

in PvP

Cynz.9437

My knowledge of thief lack some points. But what I mean is that you can backstab and then spam AA. I wrote it wrong XD
About the trap, I didn’t know that shadowstep count as double. Now i know that it’s not a common teleport skill.
Anyway a thief have 3 dodge, enough to dodgeroll in and out the trap, then flee away with a movement skill, just the time to make the trap end. if needed you can do it twice if the guardian set them again.

Maybe for a thief make the guard waste his traps is not easy as i tought, but for a large amount of classes it is.
They’re strong but not so hard to elude.
I played DH at high levels and find out that there’s a large amount of ways to ignore your traps and your block skills, making you sometimes really easy to kill.

The DH is easy to use at low levels and grant you easy kills against low rank players, but at higher levels there’s players that know how to kill you easy

About any teleport (e.g. mes is affected as well) counts as double, it is not exactly intended but yeah…. as far as DH goes, the main issue was always class stacking not DH itself. 1 Dh was never issue, multiple were due to their synergy with each other ( shared blocks, heals, stab, traps everywhere).

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

it not broken if a good player can play against it no?

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

About any teleport (e.g. mes is affected as well) counts as double, it is not exactly intended but yeah…. as far as DH goes, the main issue was always class stacking not DH itself. 1 Dh was never issue, multiple were due to their synergy with each other ( shared blocks, heals, stab, traps everywhere).

Does this actually happen with mesmers? I mean it’s intended with thief because their skills are shadowsteps, but mesmer only has teleports so this shouldn’t happen.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Does this actually happen with mesmers? I mean it’s intended with thief because their skills are shadowsteps, but mesmer only has teleports so this shouldn’t happen.

The mes blink is basically like shs, your character is walking the distance. There was thread about it a while ago. It seems like when algo calculates whether your character can teleport to the target location or not your character walks twice basically or something along those lines hence why it can happen that you eat the damage from traps twice for one blink. The portal is different story though.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yes mesmer also has this issue so you have to be careful with sword 3 flip over, phase retreat and blink. They also have another issue that the traps will generally kill clones and phantasms as they run in to shatter, the exceptions being illusionary defender and avenger as they have 16k+ health for some weird reason.

This makes fighting a DH with trap heal frustrating sometimes as you can end up triggering it if you want to burst so you have to burst, then stay ranged and auto with either staff in condi or GS in power if they won’t leave the heal trap. This is why I don’t like illusionary reversion/chronophantasma on power builds in WvW as the berserker will respawn triggering traps or respawn and let other classes proc other effects off them.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

A thief would die if they tried it to do it because there is guaranteed a trap there and teleport counts as walking through the trap twice. It is very much possible to take 4xdamage from the trap by using shadowstep (assuming you meant it).
Thief can’t spam backstab as it is on CD and successful hit applies reveal… -_-’

A smart thief, assuming he has to fight guard for whatever odd reasons, would go in stealth and dodge through guard to get rid of first stack of traps…. just saying.

/sigh ….
They stated before that you cannot teleport from spot A to C , without not activating the traps in the point B (middle area between A -C)
Its like the Like or the Lighting or the Rngers Suff slow motion teleport … but the thief/memser teleports have extremly fast travel speed
You dont get x4 damage …
/sigh ..

Can i have the Crowbar knockback plz ?

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

I play a “hybrid-ish” Ranger in PvP and personally, I love running into a Guard who’s trying to hold a point. It’s easy because most of them are so predictable where I can send in my pet to activate the traps, swap pets, and then burn him down before he can even respond.

On a side note, it’s pretty funny to end the game as a Ranger and get top damage and healing. Rangers are so much fun…

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in PvP

Cynz.9437

/sigh ….
They stated before that you cannot teleport from spot A to C , without not activating the traps in the point B (middle area between A -C)
Its like the Like or the Lighting or the Rngers Suff teleport … so the thief/memser teleports have extremly fast travel speed
You dont get x4 damage …
/sigh ..

Can i have the Crowbar knockback plz ?

/sigh
I am not talking about eating it once due to porting into trap, i am talking about eating it twice due to algorithm despite porting only once into trap.
/sigh

All is Vain~

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

sign … show me some data…
or where you find it
/sigh

in PvP

Cynz.9437

sign … show me some data…
or where you find it
/sigh

this very forums and personal experience, you are welcome to search /sigh

All is Vain~

in PvP

Cynz.9437

You have lost your credibility to me, over this year :p
So some pictures or videos would be wonderfull
/sigh

why don’t you go try yourself /sigh

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

/sigh

i couldn’t care less what you think about me

Why dont you show us some videos ?
You can replicate too easily
i am just a casual that stopped pvp since octomber of 2014 :P
(i want to see that Dragon Maw (3500 damage) to do x4
*Ah yeah … /sigh

in PvP

Cynz.9437

/sigh

*Ah yeah … /sigh

i would have to find a dh, i would have to set up recording software, i would have to upload it somewhere = too much work for something that won’t really change anything
why does “casual that stopped pvp since octomber of 2014” even care?
/sigh

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

/sigh

*Ah yeah … /sigh

I fail to see the point in arguing with someone who stopped PvP’ing in 2014?

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

/sigh

*Ah yeah … /sigh

i would have to find a dh, i would have to set up recording software, i would have to upload it somewhere = too much work for something that won’t really change anything
why does “casual that stopped pvp since octomber of 2014” even care?
/sigh

You are the 6 times plat ….
I am just a filthy casual …
Show us that damage , so either the company accept thats (as an anti-teleport mechanic) or fix the bug
/sigh

Edit: I can create many theories myself , that the company putted 4-5 extra min for each boss encounter , so ppl dont need perfect rotations or Legendary/Achenedant or Berseker Gear , so every1 have a chance to do do it .
That why they dont introduce a lesser form of Raid … but they see the community destroy itself …
I dont have data… i dont have pics …. i cant replicate that …. its just a theory ..a game theory!

(in the next x-pack just change the wording ‘’that is based on Defensive gear’’ , it will loose the prestige …but it will be better
…put some some new items in HoT raids for the ’’elites’’ … )

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

One can’t be 6 times plat, just saying~
There was whole thread about it, i don’t see the need to create another one.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Like Cynz said, blink isn’t an actual teleport on Mesmer, its just traveling to the target location extremely quickly. There was a thread a few months ago (I think it was on the mesmer forums but could’ve been reddit) where someone managed to catch the actual blink travel animation in a SS (its quite beautiful btw). Your character does actually travel there, albeit probably as fast as the game allows. This is why blink only works if you can actually walk there, because its just instant walking. Portal on the other hand is a true teleport, just changes your coordinates to wherever the other portal is.

in PvP

Killthehealersffs.8940

We must create an other thread , so the Devs takes a notice and pinpoint the problem . If the problem goes unnoticed , then you will be forced to reply to MANY MORE ppl , when they tell you that teleporting away from traps , reduces the damage you would normally take otherwise

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

lol. War Never Changes. Next season still is a DH meta. They are still stay in top and low.
I have said already. This isn’t a balance issue. This is a design issue.
They have nerf them time by time ~ so many times. But ! sorry! War Never Changes!

Attachments:

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

/sigh
I am not talking about eating it once due to porting into trap, i am talking about eating it twice due to algorithm despite porting only once into trap.
/sigh

You eat damage each time you cross the ToF boundary.

If you teleport from outside of TOF to a point on the far side of TOF you take 2 hits because you crossed the boundary twice.

If you teleport from inside TOF to a point outside TOF you only take 1 hit because you only crossed the boundary once.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

At most, you can take 4x damage from DH traps as a thief if shadowstepping through the entire trap (2x hits) and then using shadow return through it or another trap as well (another 2x hits).

Otherwise it’s the same for all – teleports do not negate the traps. The only teleports which “can” do so are Infil Return during dodge with perfect animation cancelling or dodging during IArrow’s projectile.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)