Another Balance Patch, More Power Creep

in PvP

Posted by: CptCuddles.8912

CptCuddles.8912

More cooldown reductions and damage buffs so we can continue to chain spam skills endlessly. Wahoo!

Instead of buffing underpowered skills and utilities maybe we could start by making those baseline and bringing down the overpowered stuff. Too late now though. This is clearly the direction things will be heading in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

They buffed abilities that where so bad they weren’t even used before HoT.

Power creep is only power creep when the power level of the meta increases. Buffing crap things so that they are only slightly crap is not power creep.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

You should read the patch notes before complaining. As Crinn said, the buffs were mostly to underused skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

@OP:

You should read the patch notes before complaining. As Crinn said, the buffs were mostly to underused skills.

Does that mean we’re getting another balance patch this month that targets skills that are being used?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

CptCuddles.8912

@OP:

You should read the OP. The premise is to bring everything down not to bring everything up. The amount of skill spam in this game is out of control. The skill floor has been brought way up even since the trait revamp just prior to the HoT release.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Just about any one of these current meta/viable builds would’ve been off-the-charts overpowered a year or two ago, great powercreeping.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

CptCuddles.8912

Just about any one of these current meta/viable builds would’ve been off-the-charts overpowered a year or two ago, great powercreeping.

Remember when d/d ele was considered op? Now they’re specifically trying to give dagger buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I disagree.
Stronger specs does not mean less skill.
Many meta spec currently take more skill than dd ele, shoutbow/hambow warrior before patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Remember when d/d ele was considered op? Now they’re specifically trying to give dagger buffs.

Remember when d/d ele was nerfed before Hot even launched? Also remember how Celestial amulet was thing back then too?

but hey I’m sure the power creep from these OP offhand Axe warriors, shield engis, and Axe necros is going to break the game.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

CptCuddles.8912

Remember when d/d ele was nerfed before Hot even launched? Also remember how Celestial amulet was thing back then too?

but hey I’m sure the power creep from these OP offhand Axe warriors, shield engis, and Axe necros is going to break the game.

Care to account for why reducing skill cd is the new solution to most balance problems? Do even recall when they just made traits baseline which reduced skill cd’s by 20%? That was the beginning of this horrid trend and was a very bad decision.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Care to account for why reducing skill cd is the new solution to most balance problems? Do even recall when they just made traits baseline which reduced skill cd’s by 20%? That was the beginning of this horrid trend and was a very bad decision.

Probably because some skills have absurdly high CDs for what they do, EX: before HoT Search and Rescue was a 180s CD that made your pet run to a downed ally and start rezzing them at half the speed of a player.

But you know, that should’ve been baseline for utility power, better nerf everything used down to that level of effectiveness so we can avoid power creep!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

We needed HoT specs tuned down.
Not vanillas tuned up.
This will only lead to inevitable power creep.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

We needed HoT specs tuned down.
Not vanillas tuned up.
This will only lead to inevitable power creep.

Have you looked at the skills that were buffed? They were things like “you get fury and immunity to blind 40s CD.”, or 3/4s cast 3s immob on a 30s CD AND you lose 180 condi damage.

They buffed trash moves, and also nerfed elite specs a bit.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna