Another 'Remove Retalliation' Thread

in PvP

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

I still do not understand how this over-powered ability is even allowed in PvP! It’s rediculous that a player does damage to himself while trying to kill an opponent.

I’m fed up of losing up to 90% my hp from retalliation and that’s without anything hitting me!! How is this even balanced?!

The simple answer is, that it is NOT balanced in any way shape or form and needs to be removed.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

“I want to be able to spam abilities without a care in the world and have absolutely no negative consequences.”

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

“I want to be able to spam abilities without a care in the world and have absolutely no negative consequences.”

lololol

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

You’re hitting an enemy at least 21 times and your enemy didn’t die?

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Boy, you would hate some of the hexes from GW1…

Not only did those attacks hurt you in return, they might fail as well, thus not damaging the opponent at all

That aside, as long as you are not removed from the game, so will retalliation not
Counterplay… The thing that makes PvP really enjoyable

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Boy, you would hate some of the hexes from GW1…

Not only did those attacks hurt you in return, they might fail as well, thus not damaging the opponent at all

That aside, as long as you are not removed from the game, so will retalliation not
Counterplay… The thing that makes PvP really enjoyable

Ooh! What about the hexes that not only hurt you, but also hurt your allies when you were spamming without a care?

Or better yet, the one that interrupted your allies whenever you successfully used a skill and vice-versa? Panic was soooooooo much fun.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Back when PVT bunker Mesmers were a thing, it was funny to watch GS Guards and Flamethrower Engis promptly kill themselves when they do the spin to win/auto spam on four avatars with retaliation. Was even better with confusion stacks on.

It’s a good thing to check enemy buff bar for key boons and hard buffs. You can bind Sheathe weapon to stop casting a fast hitting AoE if you don’t want to kill yourself..

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

in PvP

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Back when PVT bunker Mesmers were a thing, it was funny to watch GS Guards and Flamethrower Engis promptly kill themselves when they do the spin to win/auto spam on four avatars with retaliation. Was even better with confusion stacks on.

It’s a good thing to check enemy buff bar for key boons and hard buffs. You can bind Sheathe weapon to stop casting a fast hitting AoE if you don’t want to kill yourself..

Or turn off auto attack on multi-hit, low-damage weapons and kits. Flamethrower 1 should almost never be used in combat. Ever.

If you like that kind of thing, roll a Loot-stick guard, it’s a far superior flamethrower.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You forgot some skills attack a lot of times. 21 hits can be done with 2-3 skills

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

You forgot some skills attack a lot of times. 21 hits can be done with 2-3 skills

I reiterate:

If retaliation is killing you it is entirely your fault. Out of everything in the game, retaliation is one of the few ones that gives the enemy 100% power to counterplay.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Not doing anything and letting yourself die is not exactly an exciting alternative. (This, of course, depends on your build, and is usually not this extreme.)

Hexes were stronger in GW1, but teamplay was more reliable and in-depth in that game. You could simply wait for your monk to remove hexes on you every few seconds, so it was all about timing and indirect-bursting your foe with hexes. In comparison, retaliate and confusion “feel” more passive in this game’s mechanics.

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“Not hitting the guy with Retaliation” and “Not doing anything” are two very different things. Just because you aren’t attacking doesn’t mean you’re helpless.

I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

There is no reason why retailation shouldn’t be normalized, so you don’t lose 1/2 hp pool per flamethrower #1 attack. Some builds are unviable mainly because of this boon combined with multihit abilities.

This is exactly what retailation spammers do.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

And these skills break hit-based blocks (Aegis, for example), provide more chances to proc on-hit/on-crit effects, and are generally harder to nullify all of the damage of. Also, while triggering Retal a lot, they only proc Confusion once each.

They have pros and cons, as do big, telegraphed hits.

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

said every necromancer and warrior in the world

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

said every necromancer and warrior in the world

Yet retaliation is the one boon necro’s long for to keep them from being focused.
And necro’s don’t spam on power. Plus conditions with retal is meh.
so your point from necro pespective is kinda invalid here.

I would even say necromancer needs more retal uptime.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Honestly 2/4/2/0/6 necro using axe could probably have almost 100% retal uptime. I’ve actually modified the powermancer build I use to do this a couple times when I saw a kittenton of mesmers and theives.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

necro using axe can have almost 100% retal uptime.

Fixed that for you. Axe 3 = 100% retal uptime if you hit 5 people, with 30 in DM you only need to hit 4, and if you have a boon duration set you can get it down to 3 needed.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Yet retaliation is the one boon necro’s long for to keep them from being focused.
And necro’s don’t spam on power. Plus conditions with retal is meh.
so your point from necro pespective is kinda invalid here.

I would even say necromancer needs more retal uptime.

more uptime is the last thing retal needs. if anything, it needs less uptime, higher damage and an internal cooldown.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

necro using axe can have almost 100% retal uptime.

Fixed that for you. Axe 3 = 100% retal uptime if you hit 5 people, with 30 in DM you only need to hit 4, and if you have a boon duration set you can get it down to 3 needed.

Well, almost. The Retaliation won’t cover the cast time with no boon duration or Axe Training. Necros and Guardians can still boast the highest uptimes of the boon, however.

I’m a Geeleiver