Another balance suggestion thread

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

For DH:
1. Cut Procession of Blades damage by 50% (pvp only), add 1 bleed stack per hit.
This change is meant to kill the full trapper build that kills newbies in low tier matches. Meta dh builds don’t take this skill anyway, so it doesn’t matter to them. Adding bleed stacks to this trap might make it a potential option for burn dh.

2. Buff stability access on rev and power necro, make mind shatter unblockable with a trait on power mesmer.
The point of these changes is to create betters counters to dh. High power burst is a dh’s weakness, but it’s protected by blocks. Problem for necro and rev is that a lack of access to stabilty makes it easy for a dh to spam interrupts on them, not allowing them to land a hit. Power shatter could be a counter to dh if it could get past the blocks.

For Warrior:
1. Raise resistance interval to 4 seconds instead of 3, and raise Berserker Stance duration to 12 seconds (pvp only).
The point of this change is to make a more clear cut counter to warrior. In this case i think the best counter to warrior should be necro boon corrupts, but the current problem is that resistance spam is too frequent and the warrior has so much cc it overwhelms a necro.

For Ele:
1. Make a trait in the arcane specialization line that allows an ele to regain hp from damage done via arcane skills.
Dps ele has plenty of damage options, but it lacks in the sustain department. I think a good way to address this is to give ele a way to sustain without relying on tempest and auras. Basically, if an ele uses an arcane skill, a % of the damage done is returned to the ele as healing.

For Rev:
1. Stability on activation from Inspiring Reinforcement.

2. Stun break on Forced Engagement.

3. Pulsing Stability on self from Vengeful Hammers.

4. Make the ventari tablet automatically follow the player around.

5. Change Ventari’s Will to instead heal all allies around it (around the rev). Make it comparable to Wash the Pain Away.

6. AoE healing on Diminishing Solace. 2k with healing power gear sounds good to me.

7. Aoe healing on Energy Expulsion. 3k with healing power gear seems good.
These changes are meant to bring rev back to meta and create more alternatives to rev besides shiro, glint and mallyx. Stability and stun breaks on jalis make it the go to legend when you are being focused and need to respond to enemy CC. The buffs to ventari are meant to create an alternative in the meta to support tempest. That’s why ventari’s will should heal for about the same as wash the pain away. The other skills should heal more than tempest auras since a tempest has access to way more auras than a rev has access to energy for healing, hence why the other rev skills heal for x2 or x3 more than tempest auras.

For Druid:
1.Seed of Life from Verdant Etching should heal for 2k with healing power gear (pvp only).

2.Lingering Light should heal from 800 to 1k with healing gear and reduce internal cd to 6 seconds (pvp only).
The point of these changes isn’t to buff bunker druid, hence why the buffs are to alternative traits than the meta build. The point is to create another alternative to support tempest in the game.

For Mesmer:
1. Make either Shattered Concentration or Mental Anguish also make Mind Wrack unblockable.
I think Power mesmer still has a sustain problem, but at least with this buff, it can put more pain on a dragonhunter which is a major counter to current mesmer meta.

For Necro:

1. Pulsing stabilty on Nightfall.

2.Stability on Spectral Armor.

3. Increase projectile speed on Grasping Darkness.
Here the point is allowing a necro a chance to respond to enemy focus and not let them die so easily to thieves, warriors and dh. By giving a necro more stability you let them more effectively counter dh with power, and war with condi, and not get mauled to death by pulmonary impact. Giving Nightfall this buff also helps the gs be more attractive.

For Engineer:
1. Increase in superspeed duration (by 1s or 2s) when using pistols from Invigorating Speed.

2. 25% movement speed when wielding pistols from Chemical Rounds.

3. Boonstrip (2 or 3 boons) on Glue Shot.
The purpose here is to create an alternative to thf in the +1 department by raising its mobility. I think the condi bomb it can do on a single target is already very high, but it’s not quite as mobile as a thf. By increasing innate movement speed and raising superspeed duration when wielding pistols, it might help bring that spec up to snuff.

For Thf:
1. Remove evade frames on Vault.

2. Add immobilize to Dust Strike.

3. Block or reflect projectiles on Weakening Charge.

4. Remove evade frames from Death Blossom.

5. Add life siphon to Impairing Daggers.

6. Add healing for a % of condition damage done to Assassin’s Reward.
The point here is to get rid of the cancer evade spamming builds, but giving buffs elsewhere in sustain.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Your thief changes are just awful. There’s no semblance of balance in anything you listed for them.
Removing evade frames from vault- The evade frames don’t last the long anyway, if you haven’t figured out the timing for it yet you need to l2p. I would argue a damage reduction seeing as how it’s essentially a spammable burst but the evade is justified with the cost and telegraph of the skill.
Add immob to dust strike- The skill doesn’t need it. The blind and damage not needing a target is very strong and giving it immob would just make staff too powerful
proj hate on weakening- Too much for staff. It already has reflect on the auto, it doesn’t need more. Plus the skill already hits hard and spams lots of weakness if you position it right or use it with a port so buffing it like that would make the set way too strong.
Removing evade frames from db- Awful change cause you kill the only defensive option the set has. Instead remove the bleeds that don’t belong on the set to begin with so there’s no evade condi spam and then the power variant is actually usable.
Life siphon- Maybe if it’s a small amount of life siphon on a successful interrupt but with PI being a thing that would make interrupts far too powerful from that skill.
Healing for condi damage- So you want to give a build that already has ridiculous amounts of sustain even more sustain? That is a bad idea when you take into account how much sustain condi thief already has. Just… no

I skipped to see thief stuff to begin with but I’m not reading the rest of what you have posted if this is the kind of stuff you’re promoting.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I like most of these.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

A lot of what you listed is straight power creep instead of nerfing what is overtuned.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I disagree with most of them. Simply put, I think there are better ways to nerf the elite specs a bit further. For example, Procession of blades could work like this: every time it hits an enemy, it increases its damage by 10% stacking additive. Test of faith could work like this too, it would further increase the skill necessary to pull them both off.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Your thief changes are just awful. There’s no semblance of balance in anything you listed for them.
Removing evade frames from vault- The evade frames don’t last the long anyway, if you haven’t figured out the timing for it yet you need to l2p. I would argue a damage reduction seeing as how it’s essentially a spammable burst but the evade is justified with the cost and telegraph of the skill.
Add immob to dust strike- The skill doesn’t need it. The blind and damage not needing a target is very strong and giving it immob would just make staff too powerful
proj hate on weakening- Too much for staff. It already has reflect on the auto, it doesn’t need more. Plus the skill already hits hard and spams lots of weakness if you position it right or use it with a port so buffing it like that would make the set way too strong.
Removing evade frames from db- Awful change cause you kill the only defensive option the set has. Instead remove the bleeds that don’t belong on the set to begin with so there’s no evade condi spam and then the power variant is actually usable.
Life siphon- Maybe if it’s a small amount of life siphon on a successful interrupt but with PI being a thing that would make interrupts far too powerful from that skill.
Healing for condi damage- So you want to give a build that already has ridiculous amounts of sustain even more sustain? That is a bad idea when you take into account how much sustain condi thief already has. Just… no

I skipped to see thief stuff to begin with but I’m not reading the rest of what you have posted if this is the kind of stuff you’re promoting.

That’s an unfair characterization. You claim i give condi thf too much sustain with healing from condi damage yet you also claim i would kill the defensive utility by removing the evade frames from d/d. The point of adding health to condi damage is to reintroduce sustain after taking it away from death blossom by removing the evade frames, because the former has more counterplay than the latter. A thf can already apply conditions while evading with Lotus Training.

And Impairing daggers are the condi daggers, the interrupting ones are called Distracting Daggers.

edit: And the point of removing evade frames from both DB and Vault isn’t because it’s too hard to beat. It’s meant to make builds that give too much for so little from being used to stomp novice players in lower ranks. This is the same justification for nerfing procession of blades damage on dh. It’s not that it’s meta and it stomps pros, it’s that it’s cheap and easy to use to kill unsuspecting players. It’s meant to make the game more user friendly at lower ratings without affecting higher ratings (since high rating dh do not use pb, high rating thfs do not use condi thf and they do not spam vault mindlessly).

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

Ario.8964

That’s an unfair characterization. You claim i give condi thf too much sustain with healing from condi damage yet you also claim i would kill the defensive utility by removing the evade frames from d/d. The point of adding health to condi damage is to reintroduce sustain after taking it away from death blossom by removing the evade frames, because the former has more counterplay than the latter. A thf can already apply conditions while evading with Lotus Training.

And Impairing daggers are the condi daggers, the interrupting ones are called Distracting Daggers.

edit: And the point of removing evade frames from both DB and Vault isn’t because it’s too hard to beat. It’s meant to make builds that give too much for so little from being used to stomp novice players in lower ranks. This is the same justification for nerfing procession of blades damage on dh. It’s not that it’s meta and it stomps pros, it’s that it’s cheap and easy to use to kill unsuspecting players. It’s meant to make the game more user friendly at lower ratings without affecting higher ratings (since high rating dh do not use pb, high rating thfs do not use condi thf and they do not spam vault mindlessly).

The reason I got on you for killing defensive utility on d/d is because power builds need it. If the damage stays the same and has bleeds removed then it gives power d/d an out of stealth defense because CnD is hard to land nowadays. Get rid of the condi damage on the skill which allows evade spam condi thief to be a thing (yes lotus training applies condis but you only have so many dodges before you run out of endurance, the reason the build is as bad as it is now is because they also have a full ini bar to stagger their recovery while acro replenishes their resources). Then you allow for build variety in power d/d but you kill the cancer nature of condi d/d. It’s just a better change for the game imo.
You can’t add health to condi damage until you nerf acro sustain because you’ll end up with unkillable condi specs on the thief which I don’t think anyone wants in this game. However, you can’t straight up nerf acro either (outside of getting rid of the damage immunity because passives are bad for the game) because you kill variety for other build types.

My b on impairing dags. I get the two mixed up sometimes. However, that makes the life siphon an even worse addition. The daggers already do heavy amounts of damage and have a massive snare on them. Adding life siphon will break them into being mandatory takes for every thief. If you want to buff them you could give them a more reliable hitbox so they don’t whiff all the time or a small proj speed increase.

Vault if it’s damage is untouched will still wreck new and unsuspecting players. The evade frames are the only reason it works on higher skill people because you don’t sentence yourself to death due to having a small cover evade. I still think the only way to properly nerf the skill is to take it’s damage down a bit. It’s the same principle as shadow shot, a spammable high damage skill that those with little experience will not be able to beat. Taking down the damage gives people a way to react and it reduces the insane pressure a staff thief can put out.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

A lot of what you listed is straight power creep instead of nerfing what is overtuned.

Pretty much this was what I was going to say.

A lot of the suggestions here are the opposite direction. There is honestly too much stability and other forms of passive immunities in the game we don’t need more we need less.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

resume of proposed changes: i hate DHs

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Pretty much this was what I was going to say.

A lot of the suggestions here are the opposite direction. There is honestly too much stability and other forms of passive immunities in the game we don’t need more we need less.

Not to mention turning MW into an unblockable attack. If OP has a problem with DH blocking attacks from power mesmer then a good suggestion would be to nerf the duration of blocks that DH has access to, not make a powerful power attack on a 10sec CD unblockable for the mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Arcane skills on marauder Ele do like 2k damage… Traited arcane blast is 15sec if I’m not wrong… So even with a 100% conversion it is not going to help that much.
Also dps Ele has already very good ways to heal. So it is not what it need.

It need more mobility or more hard damage mitigation (blocks/evades) or more susistained damage

Parabrezza

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

For Necro:

1. Pulsing stabilty on Nightfall.

2.Stability on Spectral Armor.

3. Increase projectile speed on Grasping Darkness.
Here the point is allowing a necro a chance to respond to enemy focus and not let them die so easily to thieves, warriors and dh. By giving a necro more stability you let them more effectively counter dh with power, and war with condi, and not get mauled to death by pulmonary impact. Giving Nightfall this buff also helps the gs be more attractive.

Giving stability to GS is something i also had in my mind for along time and given the fact that it suits its theme and helps an unterperforming weapon, i can agree with it. But i dont know about stability on spectral armor. Both together are alot of stability.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Abolutely NO with the Berserker Stance buff. Berserker Stance is already OP as is. It’s already plenty corruptible and besides, one extra second isn’t going to make Necros any more powerful against them. It really just means that they take one extra second of conditions per corrupt if the resistance is corrupted. Your suggestion is to make Necro more of a counter, but a Necro shouldn’t be required against one, which is what this change is going to do, whether you intend it or not. I often play warrior and I know Berserker Stance is OP and basically makes the warrior an unstoppable machine during/between (depending on timing) berserks. I would much rather see a reduced duration and CD, and then at least there are points where the warrior is vulnerable. But right now, a warrior can easily cleanse conditions during Berserk Mode and pop Berserker Stance afterward to be immune to conditions till the CD is up, or the warrior can pop it during Berserk Mode and be unkitable by anything without teleports. And in a way, Endure Pain and the trait proc on top of Berserker Stance makes the warrior immune to everything except CCs, which is only useful outside of zerking. This is the problem I have with warrior. The frame of vulnerability against them is too small, and they’re a high armour and high hp profession, and add on 900+ HPS and you get something that’s just too tanky, even with Berserker Amulet, which really is named for how powerful it makes a Berserker.

I would absolutely be ok with a nerf/change to Berserker Stance and a complete removal of the Endure Pain proc. But some compensation might need to be given since those two stances are carrying the profession, so something that helps with defences (maybe through trait changes or improving other utilities) without being so powerful that they rely on it to survive.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Gravedigger has a longer cast time, more obvious telegraph, and does less damage than Vault, and has no evade/immunity frames.

in PvP

Ario.8964

Gravedigger has a longer cast time, more obvious telegraph, and does less damage than Vault, and has no evade/immunity frames.

So someone spinning is smaller than someone leaping and doing flips in the air before slamming into the ground next to you? Yeah, I don’t think so. But if you want to open that can of worms how about we also take into account the fact that necro is so much tankier than thief without relying on dodging every little hit before we compare across classes. (not to say i wouldn’t mind giving gravedigger a small speed buff as the windup is silly atm)

in PvP

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

The evade on vault is truly cancerous. I’d surely like to see it gone.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

So someone spinning is smaller than someone leaping and doing flips in the air before slamming into the ground next to you? Yeah, I don’t think so. But if you want to open that can of worms how about we also take into account the fact that necro is so much tankier than thief without relying on dodging every little hit before we compare across classes. (not to say i wouldn’t mind giving gravedigger a small speed buff as the windup is silly atm)

lol, necro dies to focus fire and ganks far easier than thief.

How many times you see Sindrener get downed in a game? Yeah, compare that to the necro in his team.

Gravedigger even has a longer casting time and aftercast than Vault.

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

How many times you see Sindrener get downed in a game? Yeah, compare that to the necro in his team.

Everything dies easier to focus fire than thieves, just way to many escapes, focusing them is like chasing squirrels, maybe you get lucky and it is a really dumb one.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in PvP

Ario.8964

Necro dies easier because it has fewer escapes. However, it is still tankier than a thief. That’s why thief needs evades where it can get them. Other classes are packing so much damage if you get hit once it’s gg.

People like sindrener and myself even don’t go down really ever in a match because thief doesn’t have to 1v1. It’s +1 role and its number of escape tools make it so that a well played thief won’t die in a match. But you take that thief and make him 1v1 and teamfight the way a necro has to he will probably go down.

That’s why i said i wouldn’t mind buffing gravedigger’s speed. It’s slow and unreliable and could use a speed increase so gs can be more helpful.