Another, /sigh SoloQ post

in PvP

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

/sigh SoloQ,

Changes are on the horizon, just keep telling myself that. I have my calendar set in eager anticipation. December 31st, 2013. The last day of the year, and the last Tuesday of the year, that is when the changes will finally hit.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I am hoping next 2week cycle. Possibly the one after (1 month).

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

galandor.1059

Just had another premade, and to make it better we had a quitter so it was a 4v5.

Gotta love this game.

On the bright side we lost only 20 points, but hey, a loss is a loss in this game, it counts against your LB score regardless and doesn’t register the fact you were playing with 4 players.

GG aNet

in PvP

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

Well, 4v5 is better than 5v5 with a rank 1 on your team -_-
Seriously, what are these guys doing in tpvp??
What’s up with the plan of having a bracket system in which you will only be teamed up and fight against players of the same bracket?

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Just had another premade, and to make it better we had a quitter so it was a 4v5.

Gotta love this game.

On the bright side we lost only 20 points, but hey, a loss is a loss in this game, it counts against your LB score regardless and doesn’t register the fact you were playing with 4 players.

GG aNet

4v5 against a premade and lost by 20, sure it was a premade? A lower skilled one I would say

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Axis.1085

Axis.1085

I play allways soloQ and my experiance has been different depending on my rating. Outside top 1000, specially if you are under 90% there is much more people going afk, leaving games and just not careing about tactics. Im amazed of the number off people with high ranks that just play tacticly terrible and usually its this guys that leave the game.

However if you manage to break top 1000 and get higher ratings everthing is getting better and better. People communicate in chat, positioning very well and you can see they are good teamplayers. Beating premades is not a problem if you have good players on your team.

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Last two days i have 7-8 wins in a row as soloQ. Coming from 96% to 700ish. And yeah 1000+ as axis says is pretty enjoyable if you arent against good premade ofc, but most of them were last 2 days on tournament or at least watching it so yeah, was fun/fun.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

i experienced this as i did much soloQ and some teamQ over the last 2 months

it happened that i got past 90% a couple of times. im stating the 90% because i experienced this as a threshold. as long as i was above the 90% lets say everything went fine – win some, loose some. as soon as i passed the threshold by loosing some more i got in a kind of vicious circle. there i get often really bad players who were double to triple capping, doing really weird stuff like never fought on or for points and so forth which kept me loosing and dropping really fast far beyond 90%. at one time i dropped to about 47 or 48%. as you can imagine, fighting back up from there is a real pain. Not mainly because of the bad playing nor because of facing full premades, but mostly because of players either not joining or leaving midway or doing nothing at all during the match.
i can handle a loose if at least everyone is trying his/her best. but thats obviously not the case. even if its a rank 1 player – why should i blame him for double capping, come on… how could he know better?

the real problem is that those players just squeak through this system without penalty.
i even dont blame those people directly, because lets say someone who has no clue (a rank 1 maybe) what he does by just doing nothing or leaving the match to his “teammates”? why would such person ever care if they just dont know?

TL;DR: there has to be a penalty system side by side with a reporting system – not the already existing one, but one exclusively for pvp
i really hope that those get implemented very soon – at least by the time soloQ is getting a “real” soloQ

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

galandor.1059

94% atm, I was at 300 but started to soloQ heavy and dropped all the way to 75%. Just had a 4v5 against a really bad team of 4 guys and 1 pug, and lost by 95 points, then got paired with those 4 guys we lost by 95 points to, and went against 3 of the players I was put with in the 4v5, and got obliterated by 300 points because they had a 5th lol. I worked my way up to 95%, 2 losses, probably tumbling down into the 30% range

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

<tease> I think you guys will be waiting less time than most of you think. </tease>

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Playing mid point bunker in a soloQ is so much fun, you end up being outnumbered all the kitten time with the enemy team having a dc…wtf -.-

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

<tease> I think you guys will be waiting less time than most of you think. </tease>

Are we going to be seeing something like League of Legends perhaps?

I can see duo-q acceptable. And ranked 5’s.
Aside from that, perhaps some of the punishing they use there could be incorporated as well. It wouldn’t be perfect, but better than what we have now.

in PvP

galandor.1059

December 30th, 2013? A special Monday patch??

in PvP

galandor.1059

Oh hey Jon, take my suggestion, Warriors with a Trident + Net weapon combo would be sick. See Spartacus, or Gladiator.

Just a thought, justtttt a thought.

Attachments:

in PvP

kito.1827

nice!

did you talked to some of the playerbase while building it or did you recommend only on forum posts or did you do what you think fits best here? How did you decide how to build this new system?

just courious

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Oh hey Jon, take my suggestion, Warriors with a Trident + Net weapon combo would be sick. See Spartacus, or Gladiator.

Just a thought, justtttt a thought.

We definitely need spear back as a ground weapon!

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

galandor.1059

You can keep your spear, I want my trident.

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Hmm.
Preview of new patch tommorow. Hmm.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

August 6th.

Calling it now.

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

August 6th.

Calling it now.

Maybe that is what they plan, but then it goes “ooops, we don’t have enough
contet for 20th august, let’s postpone it”.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Tease?as in more leaked patch notes?..or an actual update? Not to be rude, I did feel bad for developers that the cat got let out the bag when it happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

:D

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

<tease>The last 3 patches to solo que was suppose to fix it.</endtease>

When I joined forums in January all that I remember from then is never trust GW2 developer. I remember ignoring it and being anxious whenever they said something is coming soon and what not, after a few disappointments being it wasn’t what you thought it was going to be or never came, you just all bullkitten when they promise something.
Another thing I learned from watching sotg’s is they do a lot of babysteps to everything because they scared of outcome, so far its been like 3 babysteps to a decent and fair solo que.
I’m more worried about tournament system itself and having actual tournaments, but after a couple more baby steps they’ll start baby stepping the tournament system to make actual ingame tournaments.
<ponder>I wonder how many patches its going to take to get it right</endponder>

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Hope its soon, there is no reason to solo q right now unless I want to get paired with a premade. Its full group or nothing which is really impractical. =(

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

if it doesn’t come next patch i’ll be very sad

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Gunner.7342

Gunner.7342

Question:

Are u guys gonna add random map rotation for tournaments?

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Your comments amuse me, they do really. We are waiting for about 4 months now. We have to wait really less time than we think? Instead of 8 months it’ll be 6? Mother of God!

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

in PvP

Posted by: Chromosome.7498

Chromosome.7498

Great, Now we need a new mode. Cap point is just soooooooooo annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Good you caught the train in the last minute. Hope you will continue doing the same with other issues. If I read through the text I have to say this will be the best patch since release (not only for PvP, but also for PvE). It’s good see you guys put lof of efforts in the incentive and not allone in the infrastructure.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Wow that got out early. Can’t wait.

in PvP

Posted by: Matty.1953

Matty.1953

Will the leaderboards be reset for this patch? It makes sense to me to do so, and its gotten really stagnant with people that haven’t played for months

in PvP

Posted by: ertugrul.8031

ertugrul.8031

I am really excited about this, finally !

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Will the leaderboards be reset for this patch? It makes sense to me to do so, and its gotten really stagnant with people that haven’t played for months

With them transitioning to SoloQ or not playing the degen of their rank will continue to build. No need to purge the leaderboards.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Will leaderboard decay also be included?:)

all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

yay! This leaderboard will be way more important than the previous one. This one can represent individual talent. The other one represents team talent.

in PvP

kito.1827

im kind of upset

talking about big changes all the time and keeping player calm by saying “soon” – the only thing we get for pvp is the ranking split which could have be done in first hand?

is there something missing in the pre-release notes?
are we getting penalty system for soloQ?
are there any other improvements in communication during match or a pvp-friendly UI customisation?
or things like you mentioned earlier as “already on the way” like the decay in leaderboards?

why are you doing this to us?

pls no more soon. just tell if thats the only pvp change this patch or there is more.

really need to know this and if its worth putting more time and afford into this game or if i should take a break

im sad now

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

(edited by kito.1827)

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^W t f? They are gonna release the single most important feature…and you complain? We even get perma finishers, which is nice fluff.
We get particle magic.

We’re not there yet, but if you don’t think this is good? Then you’ll never be happy.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

best patch ever – thx for this

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

^W t f? They are gonna release the single most important feature…and you complain? We even get perma finishers, which is nice fluff.
We get particle magic.

We’re not there yet, but if you don’t think this is good? Then you’ll never be happy.

Number 1 rule of any mmorpg forum: people will always complain.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Awesome! Just please make sure that people can’t sync the queue and get in together or it will completely ruin it.

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

You guys at anet better start manning up because college and school is around the corner, if you don’t leave a good impression before college and school starts there wont be a second chance because there are even bigger games coming out. GTA V, TESO just to name a few, also its that time of year for 2K14 games. Don’t assume MMO’s are your only competition because gamers play all genres and don’t necessarily play ONLY MMO’s, I don’t pay that much attention to FPS games since Quake doesn’t lead the pack anymore and so sick of modern warfare type games, I prefer the arena style like Quake, love camping is why.

Anyways about leaderboard decay, all I notice is that it goes down a few in a months time. You can now put cursor over there win or loss and it tells you last time they played. MRTIME hasn’t played since June 2, and he was top 25 yesterday, its almost 2 months. The current leaderboard decay is barely noticeable, but I’ve noticed once a month hits it starts the trigger. The only way you can get past them in by straight wins, sometimes straight wins doesn’t even work as well. That’s why the active top 25 only play 1 game out of a month tpvp because hotjoin yields better rank points xp and playing tpvp isn’t competitive because its two team and its not that fame worthy because as of right now the only thing that indicates your pvp skill is pvp rank, theres no announcement to the world that your on a winning streak in tpvp.

See my leaderboard images below:
Img 1 Dreamer is #1 on leaderboard Jumper is #2
Img 2 Jumper wins 7 straight games and is still #2
Img 3 Jumper becomes #1 and Dreamer completely falls off top 25 (don’t ask me why)
Img 4 Dreamer plays ONE game and becomes #2, Jumper still hasn’t lost a game (even though its only 18 games in 22 days) he prob farming hotjoins for rank point xp, I’d do the same if I was him as well, theres no competition in tpvp and no fame worthy things to make you keep playing it, you on 25 win streak better rank point xp in hotjoins.

As for Dreamer while not being in top 25 becomes #2 with just 1 win while Jumper had 7 game win streak and still couldn’t advance that’s pretty much bullkitten, just goes to show how bad this leaderboard is.

Attachments:

in PvP

kito.1827

We get particle magic.

history taught me this way. so im asking for more information on ladder splitting then there is now.
from game experience there were very few changes and as it looks im doing the same things after patch as i do now. i still have to play on a map for several days in a row and will still get more reward for hot-zerging.

ok, im calming down, waiting for the patch itself and try to get not to eager

:)

ps: still i want more information!!

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

We get particle magic.

history taught me this way. so im asking for more information on ladder splitting then there is now.
from game experience there were very few changes and as it looks im doing the same things after patch as i do now. i still have to play on a map for several days in a row and will still get more reward for hot-zerging.

Your defining ‘reward’ as rank. Not all share that opinion.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

JP can we have DuoQ in SoloQ? That’s what most games do anyways and if you just wanna queue ofr some tourneys with a friend why should you be matched agaisnt highly organized 4-5 premades?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

JP can we have DuoQ in SoloQ? That’s what most games do anyways and if you just wanna queue ofr some tourneys with a friend why should you be matched agaisnt highly organized 4-5 premades?

Because then it would be duo queue and not solo queue. What you should be asking for is a 2v2 and 3v3 arena if you like small scale pvp (I do).

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

OMG Awesome patch!

in PvP

kito.1827

We get particle magic.

Your defining ‘reward’ as rank. Not all share that opinion.

me neither.
personally i know rank is just ‘invested time’ but since there is no other reward in game rank is the only reward we have.
i could invent my own reward and talk about that, but we have to discuss on what is given. theorycrafting wont work here.
leaderboard split is really nice, dont get me wrong on that, and i do much appreciate it.
still the game lacks rewards which is incentive to play and im sure even you will agree on that.
yes, leaderboard is now (lets expect it at least) a acceptable reward, but still it is not ingame

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

OMG Awesome patch!

Yeah now all they gotta do is fix tournaments to make them real and not two team. The only benefit to this two team tournament is thakittens suppose to make you play people around your skill level. But you can do this in bigger tournaments just have your first match against someone around your skill level. Right now the tournament system isn’t competitive there will be people sitting at the top just like they’re doing right now.