Another, /sigh SoloQ post

in PvP

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Still on vacation so I can’t go into too much detail but the PvP team has a blog coming with details before the patch hits. That should explain exactly how solo arena works. How it impacts team arenas, as well as other smaller stuff that impacts this part of the game, but wasn’t big enough to be listed in the overall marketing piece.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Any safeguards in place to prevent sync joining? This was a problem in many Gw1 formats and, to be honest, I do not think the population of people joining this will be any larger than when syncing was exploited in Gw1.

(p.s. Still want new formats/etc., the pvp is still very shallow compared to gw1)

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Still on vacation so I can’t go into too much detail but the PvP team has a blog coming with details before the patch hits. That should explain exactly how solo arena works. How it impacts team arenas, as well as other smaller stuff that impacts this part of the game, but wasn’t big enough to be listed in the overall marketing piece.

yes! gimme hope, jonpeters

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Don’t forget to prevent sync

Now give us duoq & random map and the game will have everything it needs!

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

logged on just to say , TyTyTyTyTy

been waiting for a while now , really glad its finally only a few days to go

who’s gone reach the horizon? , WE ARE

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no duoQ in soloQ – thats why it is called SOLO

when wanna join with a friend you still can do it in teamQ as it is now it will work after patch

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

no duoQ in soloQ – thats why it is called SOLO

when wanna join with a friend you still can do it in teamQ as it is now it will work after patch

It’ll still be annoying to face premades just because I want to play with a friend. :P I do hope for a duoQ in the future, but for the time being, soloQ is awesome!

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

no because your duo is a premade too

why should solo players fight duo premades when you in a duo dont wanna fight 4 ppl or 5?

premade is premade and for this there is the teamQ – simple

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

TeamQ and SoloQ are the best options right now. Maybe in future, with more people, add other queues for other group compositions could have a sense.

But now it is the right way to go.

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

no because your duo is a premade too

why should solo players fight duo premades when you in a duo dont wanna fight 4 ppl or 5?

premade is premade and for this there is the teamQ – simple

^^This. I am so happy they’re adding soloQ and not letting duos in. If you want to team competitively with a friend, soloQ until you find 3 other good players that are interested in teamQ. Duo arenas would be great down the road though.

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Glad to hear, you are making some serious progress!

Next step: remove hotjoin, either replace it with unrated tournaments or just.. remove it. Would drive more people toward tournaments and would be a ways better method of learning the game. Because hotjoin is the most effective mode to rank up but will only teach you the complete opposite of what should you do.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

(edited by Gandarel.5091)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Glad to her, you are making some serious progress!

Next step: remove hotjoin, either replace it with unrated tournaments or just.. remove it. Would drive more people toward tournaments and would be a ways better method of learning the game. Because hotjoin is the most effective mode to rank up but will only teach you the complete opposite of what should you do.

Nah hotjoins are fun, plus they have custom arena investment in it already. They just need to lower rank point limit in hotjoin to 200, 250 if you win, all the excess rank points should goto glory. They need to add some suprises in chests though so glory gets spent and is worth something.

They just need to stop people from rank point farming by killing newbies and stacking teams. Leaderboard players shouldn’t be doing this, they should be playing tournaments instead.

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

I wouldn’t mind Solo-only, but having the option to duo (ala LeagueofLegends) would be much more fun.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

(edited by Jumper.9482)

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Keeping the duo-trio queuers in the team queue might not be too bad in the beginning for population-issues.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Are u sure u have enough playerbase for that ?
What will happen to team-queue . It will be funny to see a ton of average teams vanish when that is implemented.
Not that it shouldn’t be implemented, honestly, whatever you do it’s bad, but hey, atleast that way u will have soloers happy, and since spvp esport future is laugable, atleast soloers will enjoy the remains.

in PvP

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Let the team que die for all I care. It will make a comeback down the track but Solo que was always a must have if the population was ever going to increase.

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Let the team que die for all I care. It will make a comeback down the track but Solo que was always a must have if the population was ever going to increase.

Solo que is the best way for teams to form anyways. Solo que will mean many more teams in the future imo. Team que’s will drop probably for a few weeks but then will probably be what they are now or even better a month or two later.

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Solo que is the best way for teams to form anyways. Solo que will mean many more teams in the future imo. Team que’s will drop probably for a few weeks but then will probably be what they are now or even better a month or two later.

Exactly. Like minded solo players will band together and play team que anyway. It a healthy change for the game.

in PvP

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Just : thank you Arenanet.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

The only thing I’ll miss from the old solo que is when you get a good group and you party with them, play a couple of games and you got more peeps on your friends list. With solo que, this prob will never happen and could be harder to make friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolten.4390

Wolten.4390

I almost always queue as a duo or trio… and usually win probably 70% of the time. I wonder how how that will change now that I’ll be queued with more premades than groups of 5 pugs.