Answer to Warrior survivabilty?

in PvP

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

I want to start out by saying the Spring quarterly is pretty great overall, so thanks. Based on a conversation on another thread about warriors I came up with something that may or may not be an original idea. Change “Cleansing Ire” from the defense trait line to “Converting Ire”.

Convert 1 condition to the appropriate boon for each bar of adrenaline spent. The boost to adrenal health is helpful but the fact is condition damage is just ridiculous. It bypasses toughness so you have no choice but to cleanse or convert. Being able to convert would help warrior sustain. At this point I believe warrior is still in a place where they have to invest just about everything in defense to survive. Def traits, utilities etc…..

This is where I get really selfish…make burst (F1) skills unlockable!

Thank you,

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

What I wanted to see:

1) F1 converting condis to boons
2) Dogged march+Warriors sprint combined
3) Some way to better handle condis

New change is great, but, requires landing of F1, and we still have limited access to protection where as other classes, like Druids and Eles can practically keep it up entirely.

We are still so far behind in terms of long game sustain.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

no to this change. this is not what warrior needs, what warrior needs is usefulness to the team.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Furajir.3815

We have massive team support abilities, but, they suck and the traitline is garbage, as are banners, shouts, etc.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

drcraig.9403

What I wanted to see:

New change is great, but, requires landing of F1, and we still have limited access to protection where as other classes, like Druids and Eles can practically keep it up entirely.

We are still so far behind in terms of long game sustain.

Agreed, but I don’t think Anet would consider making F1 just a blanket condi converter. I do think that changing cleansing ire in the way I described is a compromise because you can choose to take it or not. Sometimes to gain something you need to invest something. Your idea on dogged march + warrior sprint is gold and think that makes perfect sense.

in PvP

drcraig.9403

no to this change. this is not what warrior needs, what warrior needs is usefulness to the team.

Sorry, but surviving and killing the enemy “is” usefulness. Warrior shouldn’t be a utility class, this isn’t pve.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

What I wanted to see:

all im going to say is increase the condi clear traits warroir has to two condis low condi clear removals hard locked to weapon swaps or cooldowns at 1 condi which isn’t really enough any more.

Savage Instinct increase to two condis removed (in additon reduce Beserker activation cooldown by 20%)

increase shake it off to trigger on 2 conditions and gain Resistance for 3seconds effects allies (increase cooldown of shake it off to 30seconds)

Brawler’s Recovery (says the same at 1 condi removed per weapon swap)

merge fast hands into Versatile Power (rename Versatile Power to somthing else) then create a new Minor Disapline to help with sustain.

ideas for Minor

1. Vigrant Recovery (gain Vigour(4seconds) after performing a interruption) IDC 15seconds
2. Muzzled scope ( Rifles , longbows increase projectile finishers to 40% chance like a Aiming sight)
3. Calming (each bar of Adrinline spent grants 1% additional incomming and outgoing healing and converts 1 condi into a boon.)

somthing along those lines all restricted to tactics , improves Viablilty but not Damage.

im sure these ideas would fix warroirs Issues vs Condi bomb classes.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in PvP

drcraig.9403

What I wanted to see:

all im going to say is increase the condi clear traits warroir has to two condis low condi clear removals hard locked to weapon swaps or cooldowns at 1 condi which isn’t really enough any more.

Savage Instinct increase to two condis removed (in additon reduce Beserker activation cooldown by 20%)

increase shake it off to trigger on 2 conditions and gain Resistance for 3seconds effects allies (increase cooldown of shake it off to 30seconds)

merge fast hands into Versatile Power (rename Versatile Power to somthing else) then create a new Minor Disapline to help with sustain.

ideas for Minor

1. Vigrant Recovery (gain Vigour(4seconds) after performing a interruption) IDC 15seconds
2. Muzzled scope ( Rifles , longbows increase projectile finishers to 40% chance like a Aiming sight)
3. Calming (each bar of Adrinline spent grants 1% additional incomming and outgoing healing and converts 1 condi into a boon.)

somthing along those lines all restricted to tactics , improves Viablilty but not Damage.

As much as your ideas make sense I don’t think they’re feasible. This is major rework to the profession and as much as I’d like to see it I think Anet is focused on too many other things. Look at the investment they’ve made into warrior the last 2 quarterly updates….not that much. If we all keep coming up with ideas, some just might get through.

in PvP

Furajir.3815

Been extensively testing new adrenal health.

Once Zerker stance goes down, after HS active as last resorts fades, still get melted by condis even with 3 stacks of Adrenal Health.

Surprise Surprise, the band aid isn’t working.

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Sorry, but surviving and killing the enemy “is” usefulness. Warrior shouldn’t be a utility class, this isn’t pve.

shoutbow and hambow were both picked because of their utility in the past. shoutbow for heal cleanse and res, hambow for stun combo setups.

all a berserker can do can be achieved by any other class more successfully.

every other class brings at least 1 more thing than just “kill and survive”.

ele – reflect + heal + cleanse
ranger – heal + shoutres
engi – heal + reflect + stealth
mesmer – portal + moa
rev – boons + boon removal with mallyx
thief – mobility + instastomp
necro – boon removal
guardian – aoe stability + cleanse + heal
warrior – ?

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in PvP

drcraig.9403

shoutbow and hambow were both picked because of their utility in the past. shoutbow for heal cleanse and res, hambow for stun combo setups.

ranger – heal + shoutres
mesmer – portal + moa
necro – boon removal
warrior – ?

warrior – banners, might sharing, shouts etc….It isn’t my fault these aren’t as good as what others have to offer. Now please read below because you are missing the point.

Again, this is about survivability not team support. All of your above points do me no good when I’m roaming in WvW, or when I’m trying to get to a point to help a teammate in spvp. You’re on the wrong thread please go away. Maybe you could start a thread about utility for warriors? However, the best utility in the game does no good if you can’t survive.

(edited by drcraig.9403)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

What I wanted to see:

ideas for Minor

As much as your ideas make sense I don’t think they’re feasible. This is major rework to the profession and as much as I’d like to see it I think Anet is focused on too many other things. Look at the investment they’ve made into warrior the last 2 quarterly updates….not that much. If we all keep coming up with ideas, some just might get through.

its not a major rework, a major rework would be Redesigning animations and attack co-eds these simple bring warroirs condi clear Abilities upto par and moving a trait then adding a new one Hardly a Rework at all as all of the traits Bar Savage Instinct are in the disapline line.

warroirs limited to Active combat condi removals and only at 1 condi each time , this needs to increase as that 1 condi removal could just remove a Cripple/chill/weakness one of the non damage condis and increasing it to 2 condi removed give the traits i mentioned a chance to remove a Damaging condi thust improving Survival and Health regain/sustain.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in PvP

drcraig.9403

What I wanted to see:

ideas for Minor

its not a major rework, a major rework would be Redesigning animations and attack co-eds these simple bring warroirs condi clear Abilities upto par and moving a trait then adding a new one Hardly a Rework at all as all of the traits Bar Savage Instinct are in the disapline line.

warroirs limited to Active combat condi removals and only at 1 condi each time , this needs to increase as that 1 condi removal could just remove a Cripple/chill/weakness one of the non damage condis and increasing it to 2 condi removed give the traits i mentioned a chance to remove a Damaging condi thust improving Survival and Health regain/sustain.

Don’t mistake what I said. I think your points are on the money. Getting Anet to invest the time to make it happen is the issue. Will they? I wish!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

what you’re all forgetting is that warrior isn’t about condition convert. remember when warhorn converted conditions into boons? it was changed because it’s not in the warrior’s class design.

guardian converts conditions into boons, not warrior.

in PvP

drcraig.9403

what you’re all forgetting is that warrior isn’t about condition convert. remember when warhorn converted conditions into boons? it was changed because it’s not in the warrior’s class design.

guardian converts conditions into boons, not warrior.

Yes, but with the conditions being stronger than ever warriors need help. Anyone who plays warrior will tell you the same.

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Once Zerker stance goes down, after HS active as last resorts fades, still get melted by condis even with 3 stacks of Adrenal Health.

I’ve experienced the same thing. Adrenal health is a good start but we need more.

in PvP

Furajir.3815

-Condition has always been far too easy to apply, reapply, and offers no immunity timer.
-The damage is horrendous and stackable
-There aren’t enough cleanses for some classes
-Condition needs ONE stat, ONE STAT to make it good.
-Power needs at least 3 making everyone super glass
-Spammable
-Aoe
-Eats through things like Endure Pain
-Completely disregards protection

So, I’ll say again, what exactly is NOT op or broken about conditions? Weve been through this condi meta for years, despite “nerfs” here we are, still being destroyed by simple application from range.

Where as I, a power Warrior, have to physically hit you through protection , blocks, dodges, blind, cripple, hard CC, soft cc, chill, etc

Where exactly do you not see the issue?

in PvP

Posted by: Brockolosso.8316

Brockolosso.8316

Am i the only one who tinks warrior is balanced and almost viable now?
You can literally be almost 26 seconds nonstop immune against conditions with berzerk stances and double heal signet, our heal got a massive buff, thick skin got a buff…if you have an ele by your side you can pretty much survive like any other class

also our current condition build has high damage and cc, nice sustain and kinda counters meta mesmer..i like the current state of warrior, no real powercreep, not as much passives as other classes but somehow viable and fun

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Am i the only one who tinks warrior is balanced and almost viable now?
You can literally be almost 26 seconds nonstop immune against conditions with berzerk stances and double heal signet, our heal got a massive buff, thick skin got a buff…if you have an ele by your side you can pretty much survive like any other class

also our current condition build has high damage and cc, nice sustain and kinda counters meta mesmer..i like the current state of warrior, no real powercreep, not as much passives as other classes but somehow viable and fun

Anet gives an inch and people want a mile, at least Warrior player do. And Mesmer players are in constant denial about the current OP aspects of the class.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

you’re suppose to kill them before zerker stance and endure pain expires.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallowbraid.9267

Gallowbraid.9267

warriors DO NOT need to be given anymore buffs/perks. Brock is right, if you’re not a newbie you can make a warrior build that is so insanely good (tanks, heals, massive dmg) that if anything it should be nerfed

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Wow, when I read the title to this thread I thought: Ppl are ALREADY complaining that war is too survivable? But it’s the opposite. :p

The new Defense Trait-changes are great, except adrenal health, cuz thats borderline broken. First, let’s see what builds ppl come up with, cuz even on pretty offensive amu’s (demolisher), the war felt very very tanky to me and I had some of the highest DPS number’s I’ve had on any build.

I totally wrecked any condition-build and most power-builds, only thief gave me a bit of problems cuz of constant blinds/dodges, but I think if I time the burst/CC right, the MU might be pretty 50:50. It’s also the only build where I was able to kill clerics bunker-ele’s…. Only unranked ones though, so take that with a grain of salt. ^^

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

ranger – heal + shoutres
mesmer – portal + moa
necro – boon removal
warrior – ?

Warrior – best CC in the game, best cleave in the game, sick amounts of stability if traited, likely highest DPS, decent mobility.

Also, I really liked how zerker war was used in the US meta and by ORNG before HoT’s – It needed a lot of support and didn’t offer a ton of teamsupport/utilities, but it was worth it cuz it was simply a DPS-machine.

in PvP

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

The patch was ok to good in my opinion, to get the warrior at least a bit back into the pvp / roaming game, but after some testing with different armor sets (Zerker, Viper and Soldier, everything full asc. and tested in WvWvW), the warrior just always feels a bit left behind or well under performing in comparison to other classes who put out around the same amount of damage, cc, support or sustain but yet, it at least feels or seems like the other classes have way easier or better access to re-apply certain boons, condi removal, heal, cc or even blocking + healing thanks to certain class specific traits and/or short skill cd durations in comparison to the warrior.

It just always feels like I’m missing a whole trait line as warrior, because I have to make such big trade-offs choosing certain abilities over others in traits, making me strong in one way but completly vulnerable in the other way, which actually is good class balance, but the problem is, other classes just don’t have to make such big trade-offs and just stay strong in nearly every aspect off the game, be it power, condi, heal/support, boons, condi removal, cc, blocking etc. etc. .

So, they either start nerfing the other classes finally or give warrior the same rofl stomp abilities, and I’d rather see the first thing of those 2 happening.

It’s just crazy when I as a power or even condi warrior have to always try to stay close to the enemy if I’m not using bow or rifle, and try to get through the enemys blocks, protections etc. and making sure I’m actually facing the enemy to make sure my attack hits while trying to stay alive in this condi spam fest with barely any form or chance of applying condi removes, condi converts or apply any healing or protection boons on myself, I’d have to use banners, shouts and warhorn todo so, which then would render my class pretty useless in combat since then I’d be a team support warrior, just way more inefficent than any ele or druid, while other classes like revenant just have to click on my name, use skill 3 and come flying doing “crazy” dmg while being invulnerable during that time and having nice block + heal abilities requring nearly none actual skill lvl.

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

(edited by blackysharky.7581)

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

ranger – heal + shoutres
mesmer – portal + moa
necro – boon removal
warrior – ?

Warrior – best CC in the game, best cleave in the game, sick amounts of stability if traited, likely highest DPS, decent mobility.

Also, I really liked how zerker war was used in the US meta and by ORNG before HoT’s – It needed a lot of support and didn’t offer a ton of teamsupport/utilities, but it was worth it cuz it was simply a DPS-machine.

Seriously..? do you play mesmer, ranger, rev..or anything? best CC?…best cleave?…sick amounts of stability? really?…
and dps war really? people only used it for rampage and even so people are slowly learning to dodge it and it was dropping out of the meta either way

seriously, people who thinks warrior are fine are either amber level or just wvw killing uplevels……….unless they prove me wrong in-game or video with high end plays against competent opponent, other then that it’s just BS talk..every single patch since hot there are people like this who say warrior fine cuz they killed some people…no..later they just disappare

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

ranger – heal + shoutres
mesmer – portal + moa
necro – boon removal
warrior – ?

Seriously..? do you play mesmer, ranger, rev..or anything? best CC?…best cleave?…sick amounts of stability? really?…
and dps war really? people only used it for rampage and even so people are slowly learning to dodge it and it was dropping out of the meta either way

seriously, people who thinks warrior are fine are either amber level or just wvw killing uplevels……….unless they prove me wrong in-game or video with high end plays against competent opponent, other then that it’s just BS talk..every single patch since hot there are people like this who say warrior fine cuz they killed some people…no..later they just disappare

Well, I kinda don’t fit your profile then, cuz I have about 10k PvP Games and with two seasons combined Legendary Rank x10+. I also talk to a lot of top-players, including multiple ESL-players and LX5+ ppl and they all feel that the demolisher war build has a lot of potential. Yes, it’s just a first assumption and the meta needs to be figured out better to know which 1v1’s actually matter, but at first glance, war looks amazing.

I also predicted most common comps in the last few ESL-seasons and told ppl that certain builds will be meta and got laughed at and I turned out to be right: Clerics-amu Ele is the last example, ppl told me more or less the same stuff you’re telling me on the forums, but I turned out to be right. You know why? Cuz I extensively test builds, have a deep understanding of how the game works and cuz I talk with a multitude of high-performing players.

But yes, not all builds combine all the aspects I’ve mentioned before, cleave obviously comes to a large part from the GS, CC from the Hammer etc. And with downed cleave, I mean fast dmg that you can’t actually rez up against, very few come close to war in that aspect.

And if anything gets more stability than war with balanced stance, last stand and eternal champion, plz do let me know.

I’m gonna extensively test the build again today in some designated 1v1’s and I’ll be able to come to a better grip of how strong the build is.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

No more powercreep please. Nerf the other elite specs that are overperforming.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

people complaing about warrior sustain have no clue as to what they are doing, Warrior is in a good spot right now, If anything its OP.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

people complaing about warrior sustain have no clue as to what they are doing, Warrior is in a good spot right now, If anything its OP.

Warrior OP because it has better semi-passive regen?

Wow.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Furajir.3815

Wow.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

Wow.

1) Better regen is an understatement, it’s a massive boost.
2) The defensive traits got buffed as well, it might not look like much, but for example the fact that endure pain triggers at 50% instead of 25% health is huge and the double amount of regen (from 30% to 60% uptime) and better thick skin is decent as well.
3) The new demolisher amu works extremely well with warrior, since war lacks dmg-mitigation (no protection, no %-dmg reduction, not much evades and a underwhelming block), so more toughness is always better than a higher healthpool, which is already very large.

I’ve played with the build again today and I still like it very much. I got strong results in many 1v1’s and in teamfights together with an ele (for protection and more sustain) the build is basically godmode.

It’s a very hard and unforgiving build to play and it requires skill to play against it as well: Most dmg comes from single-hit attacks, which can make the build vulnerable to well-timed blinds, dodges, blocks etc. It’s also crucial for the war to use the CC right and land those important attacks, while it’s crucial for the opposing player to prevent that. I think that’s a very nice dynamic that rewards the better player greatly.

In teamfights though, that is often a smaller issue; you got other players that CC as well and most atk’s can hit multiple targets, so it’s not as unforgiving. I think the build will be used more as a teamfighter or +1 roamer, but it can hold it’s own in quite a few 1v1-matchups, but that likely won’t be the smartest way to play the build.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

ranger – heal + shoutres
mesmer – portal + moa
necro – boon removal
warrior – ?

Well, I kinda don’t fit your profile then, cuz I have about 10k PvP Games and with two seasons combined Legendary Rank x10+. I also talk to a lot of top-players, including multiple ESL-players and LX5+ ppl and they all feel that the demolisher war build has a lot of potential. Yes, it’s just a first assumption and the meta needs to be figured out better to know which 1v1’s actually matter, but at first glance, war looks amazing.

I also predicted most common comps in the last few ESL-seasons and told ppl that certain builds will be meta and got laughed at and I turned out to be right: Clerics-amu Ele is the last example, ppl told me more or less the same stuff you’re telling me on the forums, but I turned out to be right. You know why? Cuz I extensively test builds, have a deep understanding of how the game works and cuz I talk with a multitude of high-performing players.

But yes, not all builds combine all the aspects I’ve mentioned before, cleave obviously comes to a large part from the GS, CC from the Hammer etc. And with downed cleave, I mean fast dmg that you can’t actually rez up against, very few come close to war in that aspect.

And if anything gets more stability than war with balanced stance, last stand and eternal champion, plz do let me know.

I’m gonna extensively test the build again today in some designated 1v1’s and I’ll be able to come to a better grip of how strong the build is.

let me analyze your post for you..
warrior hammer= best CC in game
warrior gs = best cleave in game
warrior = highest dps
well, gg wp..
so your build include balanced stance+last stance+eternal champion gs/ham? man, im eager to see what kind of build that is

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I’ve been playing warrior under vipers amy and defense line. It’s practically unstoppable 1v1 with any class. Why are we asking how to improve this? It’s probably overtuned if anything.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

So here’s my Update after a few hours of 1v1’s and unranked regarding the different MU’s:

This is the build I used, with demo amu:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRnMdAlhgVhAehAElilqADZx1ACAvn2U7rVpHE7yBA-TZBGAB7XGwl9HO4EAkwhAAgnAAA

It’s supposed to be a well-balanced, 1v1-oriented build, possibly not the strongest role for war, as I think it’s best in teamfights.

VS Reaper: Heavily war-favoured. The condi-DMG of the reaper isn’t high/bursty enough and the reaper has severe problems with the CC and his low sustain.

VS Clerics Ele: The war isn’t going to die, but it’s one of the only builds I was actually able to kill multiple clerics-ele’s with in 1v1’s. In teamfights, demo-war practically eats clerics-eles. :P

VS Ranger: The Ranger gets shredded. Like the reaper he has huge problems with the CC and the high power-dmg really rips the menders-druids apart. I think war will be one of the reasons why menders-druid will be phased out in the competetive meta.

VS Engi: Haven’t played many engis, but it felt a bit engi-favoured. Have they changed rapid regen yet btw? ^^

VS Condi-Chrono: It’s not an easy MU, probably slightly mesmer-favoured. Then again; which 1v1 isn’t condi-mesmer favoured?

VS Rev: Haven’t played many either and couldn’t find decent players to 1v1, it’s also kinda hard to theorycraft the MU. My build is definitely not the best variation against rev, so I really don’t know who’d win. Any1 have some experiences with this MU?

VS Thief: very hard to play MU for the war and the one who makes a mistake looses. Blinds/dodges and well timed dazes/stuns can rip the war apart, but if I just land 1 stun and a combo and the thief has used his stunbreakers, he’s history.

VS DH: In theorycrafting, I thought this MU would be hard, cuz of aegis/focus blocks,
decent stability and stunbreakers of the DH. I only played a few DH’s in unranked, but I had no problems at all. I’d still say the MU is even at best for the war.

I think the MU’s look promosing for the fact that the build is much better in teamfights than in 1v1’s and a superb +1 roamer; if more than half of the MU’s are either even or favoured for the war, I can see it being pretty useful in high-level play.

in PvP

Posted by: Cataca.3867

Cataca.3867

I’ve experienced the same thing. Adrenal health is a good start but we need more.

I have been playing a power based warrior intensively for the last couple of days in spvp, and i can honestly say… NO.

We have insane condi removal and surivability right now. I have been completely wrecking stuff left and right without too many issues, including mesmers necros and condi thiefs.

I have no idea what more you people want, warrior is perfectly fine as is. Some build variety to get out of the “def/disc/bers” trinity would be nice, but as is, i see very little reason to complain.

edit: I used almost the exact same build as poster above, with shield master instead of dogged march and eternal champion instead of bloody roar instead.

(edited by Cataca.3867)

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

How about this:

• Cleansing Ire works even if F1 doesn’t hit.

Bam fixed

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

I have been playing a power based warrior intensively for the last couple of days in spvp, and i can honestly say… NO.

We have insane condi removal and surivability right now. I have been completely wrecking stuff left and right without too many issues, including mesmers necros and condi thiefs.

I have no idea what more you people want, warrior is perfectly fine as is. Some build variety to get out of the “def/disc/bers” trinity would be nice, but as is, i see very little reason to complain.

edit: I used almost the exact same build as poster above, with shield master instead of dogged march and eternal champion instead of bloody roar instead.

This pretty much, but the thread was made during S2. Anyone asking for a buff, has to take a hard look at himself.

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I went up against my first power war today as a a condimancer. Felt like my conditions just slid off them. Once they finally caught me with a hard CC and blink on CD it was game over for me. I can see wars getting back into the meta as a counter to condi classes.

in PvP

PowerBottom.5796

I went up against my first power war today as a a condimancer. Felt like my conditions just slid off them. Once they finally caught me with a hard CC and blink on CD it was game over for me. I can see wars getting back into the meta as a counter to condi classes.

Not necessarily a counter to condi-classes, since the matchup against condi-shatter is probably about even. Reaper has much more problems against the spiked dmg and in contrast to condi-shatter, isn’t completely broken. ^^’

As for other condi-builds…. there are none. :P

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I’ve been playing warrior under vipers amy and defense line. It’s practically unstoppable 1v1 with any class. Why are we asking how to improve this? It’s probably overtuned if anything.

The major issue imo is not the boosted sustain but the obvious counter (poison) no longer works because of Resistance (back before the Healing Signet and Zerker Stance change you could time poison application to counter Warrior sustain). The only class that can deal with Warrior Resistance atm is Necro, and thats only indirectly and not in a straight 1v1.

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Hey there! I’m glad you’ve experienced success with the changes to Warrior. I hope that continues once the new season starts. I would keep in mind that lots of people are experimenting with new professions, new builds, amulets etc….My point is things aren’t competitive yet. As warriors, we’ll see where we’re at once S3 starts and I hope we are at a good place.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So here’s my Update after a few hours of 1v1’s and unranked regarding the different MU’s:

This is the build I used, with demo amu:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAneRnMdAlhgVhAehAElilqADZx1ACAvn2U7rVpHE7yBA-TZBGAB7XGwl9HO4EAkwhAAgnAAA

It’s supposed to be a well-balanced, 1v1-oriented build, possibly not the strongest role for war, as I think it’s best in teamfights.

VS Reaper: Heavily war-favoured. The condi-DMG of the reaper isn’t high/bursty enough and the reaper has severe problems with the CC and his low sustain.

VS Clerics Ele: The war isn’t going to die, but it’s one of the only builds I was actually able to kill multiple clerics-ele’s with in 1v1’s. In teamfights, demo-war practically eats clerics-eles. :P

VS Ranger: The Ranger gets shredded. Like the reaper he has huge problems with the CC and the high power-dmg really rips the menders-druids apart. I think war will be one of the reasons why menders-druid will be phased out in the competetive meta.

VS Engi: Haven’t played many engis, but it felt a bit engi-favoured. Have they changed rapid regen yet btw? ^^

VS Condi-Chrono: It’s not an easy MU, probably slightly mesmer-favoured. Then again; which 1v1 isn’t condi-mesmer favoured?

VS Rev: Haven’t played many either and couldn’t find decent players to 1v1, it’s also kinda hard to theorycraft the MU. My build is definitely not the best variation against rev, so I really don’t know who’d win. Any1 have some experiences with this MU?

VS Thief: very hard to play MU for the war and the one who makes a mistake looses. Blinds/dodges and well timed dazes/stuns can rip the war apart, but if I just land 1 stun and a combo and the thief has used his stunbreakers, he’s history.

VS DH: In theorycrafting, I thought this MU would be hard, cuz of aegis/focus blocks,
decent stability and stunbreakers of the DH. I only played a few DH’s in unranked, but I had no problems at all. I’d still say the MU is even at best for the war.

I think the MU’s look promosing for the fact that the build is much better in teamfights than in 1v1’s and a superb +1 roamer; if more than half of the MU’s are either even or favoured for the war, I can see it being pretty useful in high-level play.

Been running something similar, but with Sword/Mace instead of GS. You get all the mobility along with an extra stun and you don’t need the GS cleave if you’re running axe.

Also, swap in Sig of Might for Balanced. With all the blocks going around, it makes a world of difference.