Any elementalists this season?

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’ve mained elementalist since launch & have seen the ups and downs of the class. With all this condi bs going around Ive been hesitant on using my ele in pvp in the new season. I don’t like playing healbot or any metabattle build; I have settled for a dps & when I’m not focused it’s great. Anyone having to settle by playing heals if you play ele? Have you seen a lack of elementalists this season so far or within the past few weeks?

in PvP

Posted by: SarahGobbi.2319

SarahGobbi.2319

I play as a Condi Ele and this is my first time PvPing. I got placed in high Gold almost Plat. I have only been playing for 3 months, so dont know how the previous seasons were, but as a Condi Ele sometimes I dominate the field, sometimes Im getting my booty handed to me.

in PvP

Chasind.3128

I play as a Condi Ele and this is my first time PvPing. I got placed in high Gold almost Plat. I have only been playing for 3 months, so dont know how the previous seasons were, but as a Condi Ele sometimes I dominate the field, sometimes Im getting my booty handed to me.

I’ve been experimenting with a condi build for ele, it’s more fun than healbot but I’m still tweaking, what sigils do you use for weapons?

in PvP

Posted by: angrypenguin.1839

angrypenguin.1839

Ele are still the best support, if you go in with another build I would expect a lot of hate.

in PvP

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Me too, but it’s not my first time. I have been playing condi ele for more than 2 years and I’m currently in Platinum. I will never play such a boring meta build that focuses only on healing. That is not what the ele was designed to do.

Where is the build diversity we were promised?

Broski

in PvP

Chasind.3128

Me too, but it’s not my first time. I have been playing condi ele for more than 2 years and I’m currently in Platinum. I will never play such a boring meta build that focuses only on healing. That is not what the ele was designed to do.

Where is the build diversity we were promised?

I certainly feel that way. There is no real build diversity. If you play dps you need a healing babysitter, if you play support you need a team with enough sustain and damage to even help.

in PvP

Posted by: R O C.6574

R O C.6574

I play support ele. I don’t feel like a healbot.

I get lots of dead rangers. When i fight against rangers i keep my reflects up like 80%. Lot’s of suicidal rangers.

I also focus on cleaning up the stomps after a necro downs 3 people at once. It’s rewarding because i know i helped keep him alive. His DPS is my DPS.

I also hold the point. If i’m fighting a thief or mesmer, i can actually Cap the point without even killing them. I wait till they wander off point, then use a knockdown or or immob to keep them off point.

But my favorite thing is jumping into the middle of a team fight in progress and filling up my screen with green numbers.

in PvP

Chasind.3128

I play support ele. I don’t feel like a healbot.

I get lots of dead rangers. When i fight against rangers i keep my reflects up like 80%. Lot’s of suicidal rangers.

I also focus on cleaning up the stomps after a necro downs 3 people at once. It’s rewarding because i know i helped keep him alive. His DPS is my DPS.

I also hold the point. If i’m fighting a thief or mesmer, i can actually Cap the point without even killing them. I wait till they wander off point, then use a knockdown or or immob to keep them off point.

But my favorite thing is jumping into the middle of a team fight in progress and filling up my screen with green numbers.

I can understand that, I guess I’ve played ele so long healbot feels like brain mush

in PvP

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

Placement at its finest..

in PvP

Posted by: angrypenguin.1839

angrypenguin.1839

Be like ROC, once someone finds out you are a squishy ele you are going to be focused heavy.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Some moron on NA is using staff ele with ice bow. Pathetic.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

Healbot ele requires your teammates to actually know what they are doing. Some guy posted about this before but if your team doesn’t dodge the big attacks , or save their cleanses for the condi bombs , and decides to jump into bad fights , all the healing in the world ele can provide isn’t gonna matter. I think if you have a team you know you can rely on than healbot ele is good , but for pug matches it is really just not fun to play.

in PvP

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Anet doesn’t understand what build diversity means- but they want us to find what works – which right now with the condi meta is really only heal bot.
I wish celestial would make a comeback bc man- ele was actually useful and could dish out direct damage while sustaining themselves and being a threat. Now they hit like a wet noodle and absolutely have to be with a team.
Wow build diversity.

You can go condi ele – but that requires that your team can handle themselves otherwise youll all get steamrolled.