Any news on...

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

can not put everything in the thread title(max 40 chars only):

… 1) Spirit Watch?
this has been removed from rotation for a long time already. Are you still working on it and planning to bring it back with changes? Or will it stay a “hotjoin only” map forever?

… 2) Changes to the queue?
Is there anything planned? Cause that predefined rotation every 3 days changing some map and then being forced to play that map in tournament is boring and a lot of people complained already.

… 3) sPvP rank bug ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Tournament-PVP-rank-bug/first )
This is know for a long time already and still not fixed. And getting annoying. I’ll be rank 30 soon (wolf) and still the Dolyak account medal only about 20 percent filled the bar at the char select screen.

Would be nice to get some answers. I’ll continue to do play sPvP only for daily(doing them in tournaments cause I don’t like hotjoin) until it is made a bit more fun by addressing that important issues(instead of only focusing on making tournaments and esports).

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

1) The benefit of splitting Solo Arena and Team Arena is that each can have its own rotation.

2) Random map rotation is coming.

3) Will get to when we can. There are a lot of little things like this that just constantly slip past each deadline because we’re busy working on features.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

<3

Up Rerroll

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

1) Did not read so far about that Solo Arena Team Arena. So I just checked the update page for August 6th and it seems this is something introduced with the next update? (Also there seems to be tons of other nice stuff for PvE like account wallet). Good thing. So there might be stuff like Spirit Watch at the “Solo Arena”(solo queue)?

2) Good to hear.

3) Good to hear that you are still working on this. There are a lot of people that think achievements are important(even in sPvP and especially if it affects that sexy looking account medal ha ha). I only wanted to know since it this bug has been known for a long time already and there was no new news and I thought you had considered this “intended”(just leaving it as it is not trying to fix it anymore).

Looking forward to the next updates.

And thanks for answering. I must be lucky to have a developer answer that fast in my thread.

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

1) The benefit of splitting Solo Arena and Team Arena is that each can have its own rotation.

3) Will get to when we can. There are a lot of little things like this that just constantly slip past each deadline because we’re busy working on features.

For #3 I wouldnt say losing out on half of your progression is a ‘little’ thing, especially for people who purely tPvP.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Just pray your game has the population to survive that.
There were other ways around the premade smashing pug situation… but I guess you wanted to live life on the edge by using the most possibly destructive one…

If not enough teams end up queing for team arena, casual groups of friends just looking to mess around will get matched with legitimate premades…
and roflestomped…
driving them off and leaving only legitimate premades left…
all dozen of them…
killing que times and shutting off any new player from wanting to stick this siht-whole out.

It’d be like paid tournies, but worse.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

Yeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

so has anyone confirmed, is solo que …entirely solo? or is it like League of Legends where you can bring a friend? contemplating maybe coming back with a friend to try it out if it is.

Any news on...

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

so has anyone confirmed, is solo que …entirely solo? or is it like League of Legends where you can bring a friend? contemplating maybe coming back with a friend to try it out if it is.

It wouldnt be SOLOQ if you could bring a friend now would it? (Answer by the way: No, it will be single player, already confirmed)

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk