Any plans for new maps?

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

One thing I wanted to see with HoT was new PvP maps. Is there any plans to introduce new maps soon or with the next expansion?

Some additional map variety would really be nice and shake things up a bit.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Players have suggested raid of the Capricorn be brought back for ages. Hands down the most fun map, but got rid of it because underwater combat. I’d imagine it would take the team significantly less time to just fix the issues with that map and reintroduce it.

Bad Elementalist

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

God I hope not. Anet can’t balance anything in PvP, new maps would just further the absolute mess that sPvP is.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

This might sound minor, but the entrance to a match on Capricorn was such a lot of fun for something so small – leaping off a ship into the water with the default gw2 pirate battle themed music starting up (don’t know the name of the track).

I miss that.

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

One of the PvP teams priorities is to introduce more maps into the PvP rotation.

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

One of the PvP teams priorities is to introduce more maps into the PvP rotation.

Hypu

M I L K B O I S

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Like skyhammer and spiritwatch

Bad Elementalist

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Clever wording

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

Clever wording

People.. what he means is that they intend to “fix” current maps to add them into Ranked rotation, which includes Skyhammer and Spirit Watch………

So the answer to the OP’s question is “Nope not right now lol”

No offense intended

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It doesn’t matter, unless it is a re-skin of forest or legacy people will hate it because they always want new maps until they find out they are different in some way.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Can they be good maps and not maps with too many camera obstructions like Khylo or mitigate low mobility by being small like Khylo or having bads use treb because they can actually contribute big damage like Khylo while those same people on a non-gimmick map would get blown up in a team fight?

We need more big maps that encourage skillful play and where we can always see the action as well as have a mobility advantage mean something. Also, something like Legacy but more space between nodes, two big nodes and a small one, and a tranquility mechanic. However far a mesmer port goes have the nodes be 1,000 units farther away than that. Since portal’s range threshold is 5,000 have the nodes be 6,000 apart so they can’t put a portal on each node.

It doesn’t matter, unless it is a re-skin of forest or legacy people will hate it because they always want new maps until they find out they are different in some way.

People are tired of gimmicks that devalue one’s skill or artificially closes a skill gap. We could have mounted combat where you still need smart cooldown management and good reaction times. Mounted combat would even have counterplay and each class would have different mobility bonuses to avoid the relative disadvantages of low mobility being neutralized, so thieves would be the fastest on mounts with guardians and necros being the slowest.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

If you’re going to add skyhammer can you make sure the pads are client side because I rubberband a lot jumping up onto those pads and in a competitive environment like spvp it’s a massive handicap to have.

Bad ping fine I’ll deal with it but having to jump 3 times onto the launch pad before it actually moves me up will be rip.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

why no new maps ?

: (

why no revive old map

raid on the crapcicorn

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I really want to see new maps. Not skyhammer/spirit watch (although I do want to see those in ranked) but completely new maps. It has been so long since a new map was introduced (I do not consider stronghold a new map) so i think it is time for more. At this point I would happily sacrifice living world season 3 for the devs to work on a couple of new maps. There are only 4 maps in ranked at the moment which is not enough, but adding SH and SW and then making 2 completely new maps would make 8 which I think would be a much better amount. Plus, I can’t wait to see new maps in pro league/e-sports too, that will be so awesome.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Esonver.8470

Esonver.8470

I’d rather Anet fix and polish the currrent map rather than make new broken map that end up not being played after 1 month of release.

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

A new map should be more like new scenery, graphical theme and places to LOS. I don’t believe in new fancy secondary mechanics.

That said the dev team should rather prioritize things like ingame pvp tutorials or game recording. Why not assume similar community feedback polls as in wvw.

Any plans for new maps?

in PvP

Posted by: NecroSummonsMors.7816

NecroSummonsMors.7816

Anet should had introduced new PvP maps at the launch of Hot and not that single stronghold map and then nothing for months.