Any plans to bring ELE in line?

in PvP

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Im getting kind of tired of them being immune to everything, the bunker, dps, condition damage, spike, point capturer and on and on and on at the same time.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Im getting kind of tired of them being immune to everything, the bunker, dps, condition damage, spike, point capturer and on and on and on at the same time.

Show me an ele build that can spike like a mesmer and bunker at the same time.

in PvP

Apolo.5942

They dont need to, if they can do 80% of everything with a single build, they are still op.

in PvP

Belial.9350

They dont need to, if they can do 80% of everything with a single build, they are still op.

S/D thief can do 80% of everything with a single build too, I guess that makes that OP as well.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

mightstacking too high: reduce mightstacks of burning fire to 1 stack for 20 seconds (from 3 for 15).

Bugfixes for the power in fire and arcane precision might help out as well.

I think it would maybe be easier to bring some classes on the same level rather than knocking ele down. ^^’

(edited by PowerBottom.5796)

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Won’t happen. One of the devs mains ele. Thus favoritism trumps balance

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Mhmm, that’s why ele has been forced into the same traits and skills for ages and got basically nothing new to work with. I mean it’s not like they didn’t give us some proper elite, like a rampage or moa…oh wait.

Ele needs to be nerfed, but you’re kinda exaggerating.

in PvP

Gryph.8237

I’m thinking that eles have been top tier in every game mode for kittening ever. Thus I don’t give avkitten if they nerfed or buffed you or if you changed at all. What I want to see is other classes get half the kittening attention eles, Engies, Warriors, mesmers and Engies get. Just half.

in PvP

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

Ele is so easy it’s almost a joke. After making the hard switch from my Thief I can just bunk anything to death, it’s pretty hilarious

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Mhmm, that’s why ele has been forced into the same traits and skills for ages and got basically nothing new to work with. I mean it’s not like they didn’t give us some proper elite, like a rampage or moa…oh wait.

You’re talking as if it’s a bad thing lol.
You’re stuck into one thing, but that thing is the best in the entire game that makes you guys in the Top of Food chain, yet you’re complaining or playing victim?

Many other lower classes don’t have anything that make them into the top regardless of whatever or whichever builds they choose, or regardless of skill level.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

I’m thinking that eles have been top tier in every game mode for kittening ever. Thus I don’t give avkitten if they nerfed or buffed you or if you changed at all. What I want to see is other classes get half the kittening attention eles, Engies, Warriors, mesmers and Engies get. Just half.

Are you joking?

Engis and warriors have been in meta as long as ele or even longer.

Mesmer got huge buffs the last patch.

in PvP

Apolo.5942

S/D thief can do 80% of everything with a single build too, I guess that makes that OP as well.

Errr, yes that is what i said.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

You’re stuck into one thing, but that thing is the best in the entire game that makes you guys in the Top of Food chain, yet you’re complaining or playing victim?

Many other lower classes don’t have anything that make them into the top regardless of whatever or whichever builds they choose, or regardless of skill level.

It might be shocking to you but there are actually people who enjoy the class but are tired of not being able to play anything else than the same old stuff.

in PvP

Gryph.8237

Are you joking?

Who the kitten was referring to any other class but ele here. Lol you act like I was doing a comparison. How about you compare ele to Necro and tell me how long ele has been meta compared to Necro if you really need to do a comparrison. I’ll tell you what, Necro was in the pvp meta for two weeks and since has been over nerfed. We exist only in mindless zerg warfare in wvw because of two wells, and are overshadoweded in every pve aspect. In pvp, we are still low tier, yet are nerfed consistently. So I don’t give a kitten about your class comparrison to other “already” meta classes. My class has yet to enter that circle and I’m tired of it.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It might be shocking to you but there are actually people who enjoy the class but are tired of not being able to play anything else than the same old stuff.

Ofc you can play different stuffs that’s not arcane + water.
Just that you’d be sub-par by doing so.

But I have a surprising news to you, many classes are as sub-par as Ele that doesn’t choose Water + Arcane for every possible builds available to them! So why the big surprise? Join us and try something different yet sub-par! Leave the OP kitten Meta God-mode build!

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Ofc you can play different stuffs that’s not arcane + water.
Just that you’d be sub-par by doing so.

But I have a surprising news to you, many classes are as sub-par as Ele that doesn’t choose Water + Arcane for every possible builds available to them! So why the big surprise? Join us and try something different yet sub-par! Leave the OP kitten Meta God-mode build!

Hilarious, I actually do not play any meta build on ele and haven’t been for months, so I do know how what it’s like to play a spec that’s not the best of all. The thing is people are just screaming for nerfs and since many of them along with the devs do not know how to balance ele, it will turn out into nerfing something completely wrong that will hurt the non meta specs, too.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Ele can maintain 25 stacks of might easily..it must be toned down. 10 max with rotations like other classes.

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Not easily. In fact it is difficult to do so in a spvp match. Provided you don’t focus on building might and actually land your skills. Also 25 might is provided you trait into fire, and even that is a novelty.

But otherwise, I agree. Elementalists need a nerf, but I don’t think a might stack nerf is really warranted as I pretty much only achieve 10+ might stacks on average in a real match. Anet is probably too busy with the expansion to balance anything though.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Not easily. In fact it is difficult to do so in a spvp match. Provided you don’t focus on building might and actually land your skills. Also 25 might is provided you trait into fire, and even that is a novelty.

But otherwise, I agree. Elementalists need a nerf, but I don’t think a might stack nerf is really warranted as I pretty much only achieve 10+ might stacks on average in a real match. Anet is probably too busy with the expansion to balance anything though.

Man, if you average on 10 stacks, you’re really doing something wrong. Sure, if you don’t run fire it’s much harder to stack might, but it’s still possible to be way higher than that.

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

10+* let me rephrase lol. I get somewhere between 15 stacks to 21 stacks. On average.

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Are you joking?

No team with half a mind will stack Warriors or Mesmers prepatch… Now that Mesmers got buffed we of course see more of them.. along with the usual double Ele comp.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Are you joking?

No team with half a mind will stack Warriors or Mesmers prepatch… Now that Mesmers got buffed we of course see more of them.. along with the usual double Eles.

Let me remind you that prior patch teams were actually running double warriors more than double ele, some didn’t run any of them.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Are you joking?

No team with half a mind will stack Warriors or Mesmers prepatch… Now that Mesmers got buffed we of course see more of them.. along with the usual double Eles.

Let me remind you that prior patch teams were actually running double warriors more than double ele, some didn’t run any of them.

I can list double thieves, guardians or necros too, but I guarantee you they didn’t go far.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Are you joking?

I can list double thieves, guardians or necros too, but I guarantee you they didn’t go far.

Yep, because having two shoutbows was so horrible before patch, you only had two banners.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

celestial DD, go for that 7k fire grab and 2k+ burning..

in PvP

Laraley.7695

Such burst. When mesmer can one shot that celestial dd ele, which has 17K hp.

in PvP

lighter.2708

with 4 buttons, you mean.
also, and? so a currently the best zerk class does more damage then fire grab with full burst, so 7k fire grab on build as tanky as celestial ele is justified?

(edited by lighter.2708)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Eles and mesmers are the two strongest classes in the game currently and both need to be toned down. Arguing about which one is more OP is silly.

in PvP

Laraley.7695

also, and? so a zerker mesmer does more damage then fire grab with full burst, so 7k fire grab on build as tanky as celestial ele is justified?

Fire grab actually requires some set up, but that’s not the point. It’s ridiculous to say celestial d/d ele does the same damage as a zerker mesmer.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

Mesmer is the only other class in the same league as Ele. This has already been stated.

Edit
Oh Style beat me to it

Eles and mesmers are the two strongest classes in the game currently and both need to be toned down. Arguing about which one is more OP is silly.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

lighter.2708

also, and? so a zerker mesmer does more damage then fire grab with full burst, so 7k fire grab on build as tanky as celestial ele is justified?

Fire grab actually requires some set up, but that’s not the point. It’s ridiculous to say celestial d/d ele does the same damage as a zerker mesmer.

since when fire grab requires set up, you having trouble apply that burning as an ele?

in PvP

Laraley.7695

since when fire grab requires set up, you having trouble apply that burning as an ele?

You’re totally right, its hitbox is so large you can just spam the skill and land it properly without even thinking.

in PvP

lighter.2708

You’re totally right, its hitbox is so large you can just spam the skill and land it properly without even thinking.

bro, try final thrust, now that’s the real no hit box at all.
and no, fire grab is no more difficult to land then mesmer gs2

in PvP

Belial.9350

It can also be used 3x as often as fire grab.
Speaking of which, mesmer shatter can be used 4x as often as fire grab,

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I would actually say final thrust and fire grab are actually pretty similiar in how hard they are to land….

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

lighter.2708

and? why you keep making pointless argument that has nothing to do with the topic…

in PvP

Laraley.7695

and? why you keep making pointless argument that has nothing to do with the topic…

And you keep asking pointless questions that have nothing to do with the topic…I said firegrab landing difficulty wasn’t the point. I also stated that I do think ele needs to be toned down, but people also need to stop exaggerating and saying things like d/d ele ele hits as hard as zerker mesmer and is tanky as a bunker guard. It’s just ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

wut

in PvP

lighter.2708

And you keep asking pointless questions that has nothing to do with the topic…I said firegrab landing difficulty wasn’t the point. I also stated that I do think ele needs to be toned down, but people also need to stop exaggerating and saying things like d/d ele ele hits as hard as zerker mesmer and is tanky as a bunker guard. It’s just ridiculous.

i asked no question, going in burning speed + fire grab = fast 10k burst that numbers equal to all most zerker burst.

in PvP

lighter.2708

And you keep asking pointless questions that have nothing to do with the topic…I said firegrab landing difficulty wasn’t the point. I also stated that I do think ele needs to be toned down, but people also need to stop exaggerating and saying things like d/d ele ele hits as hard as zerker mesmer and is tanky as a bunker guard. It’s just ridiculous.

and you also keep making useless comparison, just because zerker mesmer does more damage doesn’t make it justified and you even compare to final thrust, since when final thrust can be used 3x more often, when it only does damage when enemy is 50% hp below, and fire grab only needs it to be on burning..please..

in PvP

Belial.9350

And you keep asking pointless questions that has nothing to do with the topic…I said firegrab landing difficulty wasn’t the point. I also stated that I do think ele needs to be toned down, but people also need to stop exaggerating and saying things like d/d ele ele hits as hard as zerker mesmer and is tanky as a bunker guard. It’s just ridiculous.

i asked no question, going in burning speed + fire grab = fast 10k burst that numbers equal to all most zerker burst.

Anyone who tanks burning speed and fire grab need to l2p.

in PvP

lighter.2708

you do know blink exist.
and you can easily bait dodges with ring of fire.
not to mention burning speed is on really low CD

in PvP

Belial.9350

you do know blink exist.

So? Still need to start the animation before blinking.

That’s like saying guard is OP because JI exists.

in PvP

lighter.2708

you do know blink exist.

So? Still need to start the animation before blinking.

That’s like saying guard is OP because JI exists.

because you know that they will blink burning speed combo and not just use burning speed to bait your dodge.

in PvP

Belial.9350

you do know blink exist.
and you can easily bait dodges with ring of fire.
not to mention burning speed is on really low CD

Also how on earth can you not dodge fire grab right after burning speed?

in PvP

lighter.2708

does guard with JI does 10k damage while being extremely tanky like say a celestial ele?

i doubt.

you do realize you have other source of burning so you don’t need to combo burning speed with fire grab

in PvP

ReaperJr.5967

Fire grab easiest skill to land ever. Further range than ranger lb and bigger aoe than earthshaker with 0.01s cast time kappa

- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Have to agree with this thread after the last few matche I’ve played. I will say this, ele’s are killable, but a D/D Ele that knows what they are doing is like god mode.

4 vs 1 and it still took 4 minutes to kill him while the rest took the lord. We only did it to see if it was even possible to kill him.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Your welcome
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Dagger/Dagger

in PvP

Belial.9350

Your welcome
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Elementalist_-_Dagger/Dagger

Yes because celestial d/d deals 12k instant damage that is unavoidable because of guarenteed stun with a mantra that can be casted during other skills.