Any reason NOT to go afk every match?

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

If I’m working toward a particular reward track so I can finish a collection or whatever, doesn’t it make sense to just log into a game, leave and get coffee and come back when the match is over and my reward has accrued?

I lose about 2 out of every three matches. It’s partly because many players are better than me, but also because I run vanilla sword/dagger thief and absolutely every class seems to be a hard counter after HoT. I’m a MUCH better player than I was when I started PvP (I’ve been honestly trying to “get good”), but sword/dagger thief is just in the worst spot it’s ever been right now. I tried the (now old) meta of dagger/pistol and just don’t enjoy the play style, although it is a bit more effective.

I have no interest in paying Anet for HoT at this point, so forget Daredevil.

So I looked at the wiki to see what rewards I get for losing a match and doing absolutely nothing else: 500 PvP rank points. Compared to 1,500 for winning, which as I stated above I don’t do very much of.

There’s no dishonor system in place, so why go through the hassle of getting farmed when I can sit back accrue points for doing nothing?

Honest question.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

(edited by that baby stealing dingo.7216)

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Don’t Q if you’re going to afk, or play something you can handle since its obvious S/D thief is not it.

in PvP

Don’t Q if you’re going to afk, or play something you can handle since its obvious S/D thief is not it.

You didn’t answer my question or discuss any of my points.

Edit: Also, I’m not interested in playing anything else. I really enjoy Sword/Dagger and have a lot of fun with it in WvW and general PvE (Cursed Shore events, etc). I’ve played all the classes and this is what I like the most, by far.

(edited by that baby stealing dingo.7216)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

A few reasons. One you ruin the experience for your fellow gamers. And if you any self respect as a human being youl see why that should be avoided.

Two. This is a game. Not work. This isn’t like wasting time at work playing solitaire waiting for your shift to end. This is supposed to be what your doing to waste time. And again. Other people are also trying to enjoy the time there wasting. You copping out cause things aren’t going well kittens that up for everyone else. In this case if your not enjoying simply don’t reque for awhile until your in the mood to pvp.

Three. It sounds like your not used ot using your build in the new meta. Keep at it and you find your niche. I hear thief is in a rough place atm but if you give up now you probably won’t preform well when it gets buffed (relative to other profs) ANYWAY.

Four. The dishonor system will be coming with leagues. If your first impulse is to have a hissy fit and afk every time you don’t get your wah wah your gonna do it later and kitten yourself and anyone you happen to be in a party with att over.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

^honestly, something like this should go without saying, but oh well.

Best of luck, OP.

Edit: So, you want to play something you know is underperforming, refuse to play anything else and then insist that this justifies your want of afking and refuse to believe that people won’t just support you?

I can’t even cuz this sort of logic is so odd. I hope I never find you on my team.

(edited by SlayerSixx.5763)

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

There is a reason: Afking is boring, its waste of your time and effort to launch game and que for PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

Reason? There is no reason.

No reason to play the second weakest class, if you’re not looking for a challenge.

No reason to play PvP content, if you didn’t pay to win.

No reason to join a match at all, if you don’t enjoy it.

No reason to play the game at all, if you’re just doing it for intangible rewards.

No reason to not go do something you enjoy, instead.

in PvP

A few reasons. One you ruin the experience for your fellow gamers. And if you any self respect as a human being youl see why that should be avoided.

Two. This is a game. Not work. This isn’t like wasting time at work playing solitaire waiting for your shift to end. This is supposed to be what your doing to waste time. And again. Other people are also trying to enjoy the time there wasting. You copping out cause things aren’t going well kittens that up for everyone else. In this case if your not enjoying simply don’t reque for awhile until your in the mood to pvp.

Three. It sounds like your not used ot using your build in the new meta. Keep at it and you find your niche. I hear thief is in a rough place atm but if you give up now you probably won’t preform well when it gets buffed (relative to other profs) ANYWAY.

Four. The dishonor system will be coming with leagues. If your first impulse is to have a hissy fit and afk every time you don’t get your wah wah your gonna do it later and kitten yourself and anyone you happen to be in a party with att over.

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Let’s assume I don’t care what the PvP community thinks about me. That takes care of point one.

Second, if I can read a book or do something else while afk, it doesn’t really affect me one way or the other. Not sure I understand your work/play argument, as I can do something I enjoy while afk and still accrue points.

Third, I’m not a good player. I don’t think I ever will be at this point. I’ve done marginally better with other classes/builds (fighters, engis, etc) but not significantly better. I’ve been playing PvP in a pretty dedicated fashion for a while now and my win ratio is not getting better. With my chosen build, there IS no adapting to the new meta. Everything melts me. I’ll keep trying to get better though, at least for awhile.

Fourth, IF and when the dishonor system comes, that will be a reason to not afk. Yes.

Also, this is not an emotional point I’m making. I’m an average-to-bad player (blame on my skills, blame it on my build, doesn’t matter) and probably always will be. I’m fine with that. I don’t throw hissy fits when my team is losing, I always play to the end unless the score is something ridiculous like 300-10.

I just want to know, logically, if I’m working on a certain reward track and can get points by just going afk, why not? As a bad player I mean.

in PvP

Posted by: grahf.7540

grahf.7540

You just be banned IMO just for asking this. Ruining other’s experiences just because you are a bit kittened off about HoT is selfish, childish behaviour. Please take a step back and even just play a different game or do something else with your time.

in PvP

Best of luck, OP.

Edit: So, you want to play something you know is underperforming, refuse to play anything else and then insist that this justifies your want of afking and refuse to believe that people won’t just support you?

I can’t even cuz this sort of logic is so odd. I hope I never find you on my team.

Thanks for this reply.

I’m not asking for justification, I’m asking, logically, why I shouldn’t just go afk as a bad player and do something like a read a book while my points acrue. I’m not asking for anyone’s support. I’m asking a logical question.

By the way, I’m not all that good with other classes/builds either. It’s not like I could just switch to engi or warrior and be a good player. I’m fine with admitting that a lot of PvPers have better twitch skills than me.

Also, you seem to assume that I’m already afk-ing, and that I’m a horrible teammate. Nothing is farther from the truth. I almost never afk, unless the match is clearly over which has only happened maybe twice. Like that 500-0 nothing match I had against a pre-made some time ago. I’m actually pretty good about capping empty points while the rest of my team is zerging mid for no apparent reason, using trebuchets and razzing when I can, all that stuff.

Again, no need to get emotional, just asking a question.

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

Let’s assume I don’t care what the PvP community thinks about me. That takes care of point one.

Second, if I can read a book or do something else while afk, it doesn’t really affect me one way or the other. Not sure I understand your work/play argument, as I can do something I enjoy while afk and still accrue points.

Third, I’m not a good player. I don’t think I ever will be at this point. I’ve done marginally better with other classes/builds (fighters, engis, etc) but not significantly better. I’ve been playing PvP in a pretty dedicated fashion for a while now and my win ratio is not getting better. With my chosen build, there IS no adapting to the new meta. Everything melts me. I’ll keep trying to get better though, at least for awhile.

Fourth, IF and when the dishonor system comes, that will be a reason to not afk. Yes.

Also, this is not an emotional point I’m making. I’m an average-to-bad player (blame on my skills, blame it on my build, doesn’t matter) and probably always will be. I’m fine with that. I don’t throw hissy fits when my team is losing, I always play to the end unless the score is something ridiculous like 300-10.

I just want to know, logically, if I’m working on a certain reward track and can get points by just going afk, why not? As a bad player I mean.

Logically? Theres no reason not to screw people over. People do it all the time in the real world. Part of the reason so many people play games is because they want to get away from that. But just as many people play games with the intention of kittening over other people. Morally? Theres alot of reasons why not.

But if you don’t care about the moral reasons? Do what you want.

And if you do it in my group ill report you in the hopes that your account is terminated. Because you will have knowingly damaged my experience in this game without any significant reason. When you could have easily contributed to it and probably enjoyed it more if you had.

That isn’t a threat or anything. Its simply the only recourse ill have in that situation in the hopes that you don’t go on to ruin the days of other people.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

You just be banned IMO just for asking this. Ruining other’s experiences just because you are a bit kittened off about HoT is selfish, childish behaviour. Please take a step back and even just play a different game or do something else with your time.

Has anyone ever been banned for going afk? Much less just asking a question?

Again, as a bad player is there any reason to not go afk to get my PvP reward tracks? As far as ruining other people’s experiences, I can understand that concern. So let’s say I recruit a pre-made team of other bad players who want to do the same thing? That way I’m not letting my teammates down.

in PvP

Logically? Theres no reason not to screw people over. People do it all the time in the real world. Part of the reason so many people play games is because they want to get away from that. But just as many people play games with the intention of kittening over other people. Morally? Theres alot of reasons why not.

And if you do it in my group ill report you in the hopes that your account is terminated. Because you will have knowingly damaged my experience in this game without any significant reason. When you could have easily contributed to it and probably enjoyed it more if you had.

That isn’t a threat or anything. Its simply the only recourse ill have in that situation in the hopes that you don’t go on to ruin the days of other people.

Yes, I would expect to be reported of course. But it’s my understanding that Anet doesn’t do anything about afk reports?

Also, in terms of letting my teammates down, let’s assume for sake of argument that I assemble a pre-made group of players that wants to do the same thing as me. Nobody gets let down and we all get points. The other team gets to farm us faster, the match is over faster, and everyone wins.

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Has anyone ever been banned for going afk? Much less just asking a question?

Again, as a bad player is there any reason to not go afk to get my PvP reward tracks? As far as ruining other people’s experiences, I can understand that concern. So let’s say I recruit a pre-made team of other bad players who want to do the same thing? That way I’m not letting my teammates down.

That’s actually a pretty good idea. Afk PvP guilds for optimum afk’ing rewards.

Also, I’m glad you made this thread. Maybe I’m putting more into it than I should, but you are making some good points.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

Yes, I would expect to be reported of course. But it’s my understanding that Anet doesn’t do anything about afk reports?

Also, in terms of letting my teammates down, let’s assume for sake of argument that I assemble a pre-made group of players that wants to do the same thing as me. Nobody gets let down and we all get points. The other team gets to farm us faster, the match is over faster, and everyone wins.

I believe that specific behavior is actually more likely to get you in trouble. As you will be throwing off the leaderboards as far as leagues are concerned. You could probably get away with it for a little while in unranked once the ques are seperate again. However I have a feeling after a time some kind of action would be taken to stop your “team” because you will be making much larger waves in the lake.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

If you wanna go afk and farm rewards just join one of the many farm servers.

Why not go afk in a regular match? Because others are still trying to have fun and give their best, they don’t need people like you ruining the match.

Obviously you can’t be enjoying playing a lot if you are having thoughts as you write them down above. Either adept your playstyle or suck it up.

in PvP

I believe that specific behavior is actually more likely to get you in trouble. As you will be throwing off the leaderboards as far as leagues are concerned. You could probably get away with it for a little while in unranked once the ques are seperate again. However I have a feeling after a time some kind of action would be taken to stop your “team” because you will be making much larger waves in the lake.

Until Anet shows a willingness to ban afkers in PvP, I would not be awfully worried about a ban. And I only play unranked, not sure that impacts leaderboards at all?

Seriously, does Anet ban anyone in PvP for anything? Can they afford to?

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

They will just remove your amulet from the game.

in PvP

If you wanna go afk and farm rewards just join one of the many farm servers.

Why not go afk in a regular match? Because others are still trying to have fun and give their best, they don’t need people like you ruining the match.

Obviously you can’t be enjoying playing a lot if you are having thoughts as you write them down above. Either adept your playstyle or suck it up.

Thank you for replying.

Wasn’t aware of “farm servers,” that may serve the same purpose.

As far as ruining other people’s matches, I’ve already addressed that above with a hypothetical solution.

I can’t adapt my play style; as I said above, I’m an average to below-average player. Even with stronger builds I don’t win that much. And I’m not complaining, so there is nothing to “suck up.” I’m just asking a logical question about maximizing rewards on PvP as a below average player. I enjoy the game plenty, especially WvW and open PvE. PvP I’m trying to get better at but I’m not making much progress to be honest, no matter how many matches I play.

in PvP

They will just remove your amulet from the game.

Really? Never heard of that. But it makes no difference what gear I have equipped if I’m afk-ing.

in PvP

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

The reason is that it makes no sense for you to be doing this in the first place. If you’re constantly going afk, it means you don’t really even like playing the game. So why play it at all? Go play something else if you’d rather just sit afk. You’re clearly not having a good time.

in PvP

Posted by: Ozard.9176

Ozard.9176

AFKers should be reported properly at first place. Reported for botting. Not for chat abuse, not for LFG abuse or whatever else they are reported for. False reports have no effect.

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

Until Anet shows a willingness to ban afkers in PvP, I would not be awfully worried about a ban. And I only play unranked, not sure that impacts leaderboards at all?

Do they ban? Probably. I tend to add trolls to my friends list and add nickames so I can tell if they keep logging on. After awhile most of them just stay offline. Either they get bored and move on to other games or they get banned. It doesn’t really matter to me.

Can they afford to? No idea. Id guess only an extremely small minority do what you are suggesting compared to the overall population. I doub’t their potential income would be missed. And certainly the game quality will be better without them. Ideally they would start enjoying the game and start playing again on there own without needing to be banned.

As for your situation. Whatever awnsers your looking for aren’t here I think. It feels like your mostly venting here. Whether you are emotional or not doesn’t mean you don’t have some stress build up your trying to let loose. Its obvious your frustrated about your PvP experience.

I guess my view is this. What is it your trying to get out of PvP?

Is it something that really matters in the long run of your gaming life?

Is it worth enough to you that you don’t mind taking away what other players are pvping for? Remember that for some people out there. Video games are there only escape from otherwise kittenty lives. Are you really fine with damaging what could potentially be the ONE good thing they have in there day?

Ghost Yak

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Best of luck, OP.

Thanks for this reply.

I’m not asking for justification, I’m asking, logically, why I shouldn’t just go afk as a bad player and do something like a read a book while my points acrue. I’m not asking for anyone’s support. I’m asking a logical question.

By the way, I’m not all that good with other classes/builds either. It’s not like I could just switch to engi or warrior and be a good player. I’m fine with admitting that a lot of PvPers have better twitch skills than me.

Also, you seem to assume that I’m already afk-ing, and that I’m a horrible teammate. Nothing is farther from the truth. I almost never afk, unless the match is clearly over which has only happened maybe twice. Like that 500-0 nothing match I had against a pre-made some time ago. I’m actually pretty good about capping empty points while the rest of my team is zerging mid for no apparent reason, using trebuchets and razzing when I can, all that stuff.

I don’t understand why don’t just quit. You obviously aren’t enjoying the game and seem adamant in your belief that you’ve done everything possible to improve (you haven’t). The vanilla builds are still functional, you just have to get creative. Reaper might give you a hard time (gives anything melee a hard time) and scrapper just rolls over everyone, but S/D is still functional vs most builds. Feel free to PM me in game if you’re interested.

in PvP

Do they ban? Probably. I tend to add trolls to my friends list and add nickames so I can tell if they keep logging on. After awhile most of them just stay offline. Either they get bored and move on to other games or they get banned. It doesn’t really matter to me.

Can they afford to? No idea. Id guess only an extremely small minority do what you are suggesting compared to the overall population. I doub’t their potential income would be missed. And certainly the game quality will be better without them. Ideally they would start enjoying the game and start playing again on there own without needing to be banned.

As for your situation. Whatever awnsers your looking for aren’t here I think. It feels like your mostly venting here. Whether you are emotional or not doesn’t mean you don’t have some stress build up your trying to let loose. Its obvious your frustrated about your PvP experience.

Is it worth enough to you that you don’t mind taking away what other players are pvping for? Remember that for some people out there. Video games are there only escape from otherwise kittenty lives. Are you really fine with damaging what could potentially be the ONE good thing they have in there day?

I’m trying to get the complete Arah collection, so I get that sweet ascended assassin’s amulet at the end Only way to get the collection is the dungeon (I don’t really do dungeons) or PvP ;(. For some reason you can’t buy ascended assassin’s trinket from laurel vendors.

No, none of this matter long – run in my gaming life.

And I don’t want to ruin anyone else’s experience, I’m just posing a hypothetical. In all likelyhood I’ll keep playing PvP for awhile, get tired of it or maybe get better, and move on.

People are assuming that I"m some kind of monster lol but I don’t actually do any of this stuff I’m talking about in this thread. I enjoy PvP even though I do lose most of my matches and my build is LOL.

in PvP

Shadelang.3012

I’m trying to get the complete Arah collection, so I get that sweet ascended assassin’s amulet at the end Only way to get the collection is the dungeon (I don’t really do dungeons) or PvP ;(. For some reason you can’t buy ascended assassin’s trinket from laurel vendors.

No, none of this matter long – run in my gaming life.

And I don’t want to ruin anyone else’s experience, I’m just posing a hypothetical. In all likelyhood I’ll keep playing PvP for awhile, get tired of it or maybe get better, and move on.

People are assuming that I"m some kind of monster lol but I don’t actually do any of this stuff I’m talking about in this thread. I enjoy PvP even though I do lose most of my matches and my build is LOL.

Then thats really the end of the story. There isn’t much left to discuss as far as that goes. I hope your PvP experience gets better. Just not at the cost of those around you.

Ghost Yak

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

10 players in a game, but you’re inconsiderate and selfish enough to ruin 9 other peoples games just because you want to play something you don’t like.

I don’t really like PvE, but I don’t go to PvE zones and ruin other gamers experience, as someone else pointed out, we would like to play our game for fun to waste time, but with you in that game going afk, it drains the fun aspect out of it.

I rolled a game yesterday against 4 DH, allies left after the first engagement, the warrior sat in base and never DC’d, so he was keeping active enough to remain in the match. This sort of childish behavior ruins the experience for everyone.

Please for the sake of the PvP community, do not que unless you intend to atleast try and win the game.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Best of luck, OP.

Thanks for this reply.

I don’t understand why don’t just quit. You obviously aren’t enjoying the game and seem adamant in your belief that you’ve done everything possible to improve (you haven’t). The vanilla builds are still functional, you just have to get creative. Reaper might give you a hard time (gives anything melee a hard time) and scrapper just rolls over everyone, but S/D is still functional vs most builds. Feel free to PM me in game if you’re interested.

Thanks for your offer Slayer, I appreciate it.

I enjoy PvP. I actually do. Just not as much as WvW or PvE, where my chosen build doesn’t hold me back. No, I haven’t done everything possible to get better at my chosen build; I could be spending more time in PvP and less time in WvW and PvE. But honestly after HoT it seems like I can only beat brand new players. I am certainly better than when I started, by a large margin.

The funny thing is, if the laurel merchants just sold ascended trinkets with Assassin’s stats, this thread would probably never have happened lol. I’m trying to complete Arah collection and PvP seems funner than grinding the Arah dungeon to me.

Again, I don’t actually go afk or even plan on it. But after a certain point I think my question makes sense.

in PvP

10 players in a game, but you’re inconsiderate and selfish enough to ruin 9 other peoples games just because you want to play something you don’t like.

I don’t really like PvE, but I don’t go to PvE zones and ruin other gamers experience, as someone else pointed out, we would like to play our game for fun to waste time, but with you in that game going afk, it drains the fun aspect out of it.

I rolled a game yesterday against 4 DH, allies left after the first engagement, the warrior sat in base and never DC’d, so he was keeping active enough to remain in the match. This sort of childish behavior ruins the experience for everyone.

Please for the sake of the PvP community, do not que unless you intend to atleast try and win the game.

Thanks for your reply. Please see my other responses in this thread for the full picture, if you haven’t already read them.

I’m not an afk-er, just posing an interesting question.

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Thanks for your reply. Please see my other responses in this thread for the full picture, if you haven’t already read them.

I did read but by the time you went back on what you said I was writing this. had a pile of posts pop up when I hit “reply”.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

I did read but by the time you went back on what you said I was writing this. had a pile of posts pop up when I hit “reply”.

Understood, thank you Seph.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

This is why any reward for anything less than winning is a horrible idea. If you want rewards, you should have to win.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

This is why any reward for anything less than winning is a horrible idea. If you want rewards, you should have to win.

I think you make a valid point, hackks.

I’m kind of surprised that we don’t already see this behavior in PvP. Players quickly find a way to exploit the system if one exists. I’m reminded of when players used to gather in the obsidian sanctum and AOE each other over and over to accumulate WvW experience. Anet managed to shut that down somehow, if I recall.

Then again, if if you’re playing lots of matches, losing them and not getting anything for losing, that is also a problem. Tricky situation.

in PvP

Posted by: Velobos.9871

Velobos.9871

You don’t wan to ruin people’s fun. If you do what you’re suggesting, then you will ruin other people’s fun. If you afk, then you will be doing something that you don’t want to do. Isn’t that a logical reason to avoid what you’re suggesting?

I guess you have to weigh the importance of not ruining everyone else’s fun against the importance of getting the gear you want without putting in any effort.

Your team idea is also a bad one. People don’t pvp just to hear the announcer tell them that their team won. They play for the competition. It is no fun for me to just run to the bases and then wait for my points to hit 500. It’s a waste of my time, and it also artificially inflates my mmr, potentially putting me in matches where I’m going to let my team down.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

dishonor is only a way to keep people from leaving, it doesn’t give them motivation to win.

look at it this way: you can’t have a competition where everyone wins. otherwise we all just get participation rewards – which is what we have now. And IMO it’s also why we don’t have a competitive scene anymore.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

You don’t wan to ruin people’s fun. If you do what you’re suggesting, then you will ruin other people’s fun. If you afk, then you will be doing something that you don’t want to do. Isn’t that a logical reason to avoid what you’re suggesting?

I guess you have to weigh the importance of not ruining everyone else’s fun against the importance of getting the gear you want without putting in any effort.

Your team idea is also a bad one. People don’t pvp just to hear the announcer tell them that their team won. They play for the competition. It is no fun for me to just run to the bases and then wait for my points to hit 500. It’s a waste of my time, and it also artificially inflates my mmr, potentially putting me in matches where I’m going to let my team down.

I think people play for all kinds of reasons, Velobos, and not everyone is there for the competition. Some folks would be happy to steamroll every match if they could, and would not mourn any loss of competitive play.

However your point is well taken. Probably the majority of players are there, like me, because they like the challenge and want to get better. Aside from getting that darn ascended trinket I mentioned earlier, my other goal has always been to get better as a sword/dagger thief in every game mode.

in PvP

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

I can try to make you a build if you want

in PvP

Skyline if you have a s/d build that you’d like to share with me, I’d be happy to try it out.

Just to be clear, I really am committed to s/d. I’ve tried d/p and I realize it is stronger overall but I don’t enjoy playing it, which is kind of the point. Also, I run vanilla so no Daredevil traits.

Thanks for the offer, regardless.

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Anet isn’t putting any effort into PvP, so I don’t see why the players should feel obligated to do so.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline if you have a s/d build that you’d like to share with me, I’d be happy to try it out.

Just to be clear, I really am committed to s/d. I’ve tried d/p and I realize it is stronger overall but I don’t enjoy playing it, which is kind of the point. Also, I run vanilla so no Daredevil traits.

Thanks for the offer, regardless.

No problem, what problems are you having most with pvp? Too squishy?

And I don’t have the build yet, I’ll make a custom one for ya

in PvP

Posted by: Mefiq.7039

Mefiq.7039

You guys are serious?
Every day i got leavers afker and ragers in team, there is no way to punish them so there is no reason to not do the same. IF YOU CANT BEAT THEM JOIN THEM! Anet didnt cared for 3 years why they should care now?

Ruining other players exp. Well there is many ways of ruining players fun, like getting double thief in team dooming game from the start, or playing 5 random vs 5 full stack that leaves options Tryhard or lose.
Afking is easy, Pvp tracks = easy gold/dung tokens so afking is easiest way to get gold. If you afk your team loses faster therefore you can start game faster and lose it even faster!

And about Daredevil/Thief S/D is less effective than doorbreakers, i had seen some RLY insane thieves use it well but still they got sqashed like bugs by other classes.

PvP for thief is D/P or LOSE, dont enjoy it? dont play it! P/p = lose d/d = instalose staff=losing in pain s/d can be strong but still less efective than guard without traits.
Thief is not for kids nor noobs, you wont win kitten if you cant accept fact that even DEVS hate you and want you only to run around map. I had games with 100k dmg done won cuz i were decapping and running around like monkey, knowing fact that i cant 1v1 any class cuz F thief that why…

“Im speaker of Truth” – Mefiq.7039 2015

in PvP

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

It’s called “being mindful to others”

Clearly this concept went over your head

#lmao

in PvP

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

Topics like this are why we need dishonor back, and fast.

in PvP

Posted by: KrayTsao.5604

KrayTsao.5604

I believe that the OP is a decent human being, he is just salty and want to vent. If he is actually a jerk, he would have just gone afk instead of being here and ask for our justifications to not to go afk.

To the OP, I know you love your sword dagger and you really like the game, but when you get upset about it, maybe you don’t like it that much after all. Don’t take the game so seriously, it’s a silly video game where people put down spinny swords and summon zombie monsters. Just make sure you have fun, ok? No need to play if no fun was had.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

The reason to not afk is to not be a jerk to your teammates. It’s selfish. Selfish people suck.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Logically there is no reason not to AFK farm OP and I am not sure what you want from us. None of us are going to stop you from being “that guy” but we’re not going to pat you on the back and call you a victim either.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

And this is why we can’t have nice things. People would just go ruin it for spite.

If you want to afk or rank farm, join the numerous pvp daily rooms, you can afk and gain track rewards to your satisfication. There is no reason to queue for a unranked/ranked match if you do not attempt to play PvP.

Additionally a S/D Thief can still work in some circumstances. Though the skill level needed is VERY demanding to pull it off. Afk’ing in matches isn’t going to improve getting better at it. Unfortunately the truth is Daredevil will make playing sword/dagger much smoother but you have no interest in HoT, which is understandable.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

sorry for the late reply, but here is the build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAsYl8MhKnYxTw3Jw/EH7ElfK2irYHA12B2frF8HA-TJBBABA8AAoZ/BKOBAkXGA

anyway, the point of this build is to have good survivability thanks to invigorating precision, assassins reward, and signet of malice. they all heal you for attacking basically.

coupled with high initiative regen, you can spam 3 a lot. give it a try and tell me how you like it.

you can switch infiltrators signet for something else if youd like (scorpion wire for instance to get all tricks)

(edited by Skyline Crash.6254)

in PvP

Skyline Crash.6254

also i recommend that shortbow be your secondary weapon

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

So people can stop reporting you as a bot and risking a ban?
told to do this by a Dev

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld