Any reason to save chests?

in PvP

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I have about 100 of them. Will I get better “stuff” if I open them at a higher rank later on?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

no

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

I’ld actually like some official post confirming they won’t be adding anything new to those chests. Something I can screenshot and show in case they suddenly add legendary mats to them.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

No

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

Thanks. I thought you got better stuff in the chests when you were higher rank.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

Aren’t you supposed to get glory boosters from these chests? Everyone talks about having more of them than they know what to do with but I’m not getting them. Just RNG?

What do I do with all this extra gear? Break it down? Put it in the mystic forge? I’ve never used the forge so not sure how that works.

Thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yes
Break it down and get luck
Use to craft stuff you dont have or destroy it

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: Stealthasaur.2198

Stealthasaur.2198

When you have 800+ chests like I do atm its not worth opening. The amount of glory it would cost to buy enough salvage kits is just insane. Some people have 3000+

in PvP

Posted by: Senichi.6017

Senichi.6017

The amount of glory it would cost to buy enough salvage kits is just insane.

How do you figure? It costs 100 glory for a PvP salvage kit, right? Well, just playing a single game gives 125 glory, and winning the game gives an extra 100, which is essentially a free salvage kit. Now, even with essentially a free salvage kit per game, the salvage kit still has 15 charges, and you only get 6 or 7 (I forgot) equips per chest, so you only really need 1 salvage kit per 2 wins. I don’t think it’s statistically possible to not have enough glory for the salvage kits unless you’re spending it all on something else, but I always hear high ranking players complaining about the large amount of glory they have and that there’s nothing to spend it on.

I don’t think glory is the problem, if anything.

in PvP

Qaelyn.7612

It does seem fairly pointless to open these once you have one copy of all the gear. Breaking them down is time-consuming, gives very little luck compared to PvE, and I’m not getting glory boosters out of mine.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I wish they would change them to the same items that are in the mystery chest. That would make it more worthwhile to open.

I have no use getting the same gear over again. Also I have almost 140% mf, so I don’t care about the luck.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage