Anything being done about Broken DH trapper?

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

S4 = S5 DH stack together meta = Kill low MMR like a God and Die like a kitten in High MMR again. Every match have 3-4 DH > No one will happy > Can’t defeat them > Join them together > More DH…. S4 is the worst season. What are they learn from S4 !?

Some people think they can good to fight with DH. You know? I know. but Sorry , you in this DH stack together meta you need at less 4 ppls they all know how to fight. Not just you. Do you think this is possible under this kittening MMR system!?

Redesign DH is a way to go out. A game should not make for that 10% high level player and give other 90% player to make 10% player lose a match.

(edited by xeonage.1253)

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

its funny that your all still complaining DH is getting a nerf next balance patch. they said that in the previous one.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Sry people DH trappers didn’t changed their build …i don’t know almost year and conclusion here is that people learned nothing? Wanna insta fix? Give ele’s proper amulet and we will make them almost extinct like in season 2,3.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Funny how traps were never buffed; only a few qol changes. Yet suddenly the simple minded can no longer handle them.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Sry people DH trappers didn’t changed their build …i don’t know almost year and conclusion here is that people learned nothing? Wanna insta fix? Give ele’s proper amulet and we will make them almost extinct like in season 2,3.

Sure and then we will a billion “nerf ele” threads like we did in S 2,3. Not sure swapping out one class for another class is the right way. Although I understand why you would say that if your main was Ele.

Still believe the best way is to remove class stacking. I have no issues fighting 1 DH. its the stacked that is a problem but that’s kinda the same for all classes.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I think stacked necros are more like a weakness than a problem. It only becomes viable if necro players more skilled than enemy players and also their teammates are somewhat useful.

Class stacking become unbalanced because of multiple block, evade,invu,stealth and boon spam + heavy armor classes stacked. Bad matchmaking put me in random team that full squishy against team with heavy armor that full of 100% damage avoiding skills and boon spam.

Some people say they don’t like to get necro in their group as

Necro = Lose match ( if randoms don’t know how to play in group with necros there is high chance to lose. As zerg necro tactic win the game because usually none helps them or rare to get any useful help. )

Guard = win match as people don’t have to adapt to guardians. They can survive, can defend cap point alone vs multiple enemies good enough, can burst, cc etc without any support.

Peoples also don’t like stacked thieves. Stacked thieves = lose match usually but not always.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Peoples also don’t like stacked thieves. Stacked thieves = lose match usually but not always.

Stacked thieves means a lost match but for reasons other than you might think.

Last night I was on a team with 2 thieves, 1 necro and a druid. Vs 2 DH, 2 Ele and Mesmer.

The Necro went afk the first minute of the game because (and I quote) “wtf thieves if you don’t swap im gonna afk”

smh. I’d rather have 3 thieves than 1 AFKer.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

This is a problem in S4. Also will happen in S5. The balance patch can’t easy to fix it. It also like condition stacking and boon spam problem. They came from design, not balance. This a irresponsible design and a fail teaching material for game designer.

This image was made before the nerf.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

Sure and then we will a billion “nerf ele” threads like we did in S 2,3. Not sure swapping out one class for another class is the right way. Although I understand why you would say that if your main was Ele.

Still believe the best way is to remove class stacking. I have no issues fighting 1 DH. its the stacked that is a problem but that’s kinda the same for all classes.

Sorry it’s to easy to kill DH to justify 30-40 min long ques… just because people refuse to learn something about 1 year old, slow, predictable build that users tend suicide to reflects and mechanics that fail against minions., clones, pet AI and DODGE.

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

Sorry it’s to easy to kill DH to justify 30-40 min long ques… just because people refuse to learn something about 1 year old, slow, predictable build that users tend suicide to reflects and mechanics that fail against minions., clones, pet AI and DODGE.

What? I was referring to your request for a proper amulet for Ele. I know how to fight a DH thanks . Guardian was my first class.

in PvP

Posted by: Huskyboy.1053

Huskyboy.1053

This is a problem in S4. Also will happen in S5. The balance patch can’t easy to fix it. It also like condition stacking and boon spam problem. They came from design, not balance. This a irresponsible design and a fail teaching material for game designer.

This image was made before the nerf.

Yeah and the nerf didn’t change anything that’s still true in the image. The whole attack and defend at the same time point is very true, F3 is built-in (unlike Warrs’ Endure Pain, which requires a utility slot). I don’t think DH is “broken,” that’s the usual QQ response from people who don’t know how to analyze. However, DH does continue to need minor nerfs to bring it in line, and its non-longbow weapon sets deserve minor buffs. Scepter is currently lagging behind LB for a ranged option, though it has its place.

One main issue with the DH specialization is that it brings, with no trait investment, upgrades to all 3 virtues, which tbh are pretty unimpressive on core Guardian. Compare this to Thieves’ Daredevil, which brings a measly 50 endurance on steal. And thief only has 1 profession mechanic to work with, one that only synergizes well with Dagger or Sword main hand. Not to say that DD is a bad specialization, but the built-in upgrades to all professions mechanics, along with the addition of longbow and traps (which make DH very dangerous both at 0 range and 1200 range) overtuned Guards. Longbow was the biggest mistake of the specialization, not traps like people think. And building a CC into F1 was a mistake, it’s only to make it synergize with Test of Faith rather than with the specialization/build as a whole.

We’d be hearing the same complaints about Rev if Herald added a 1200-range weapon like LB or Rifle. As it is distance limits Revs tremendously without Shiro, and Phase Traversal is an immensely costly skill for a Rev to use. And of course a mes/thief/ele can teleport away after the Rev teleports to them. What is DH’s tradeoff for using LB? Not having a different weapon, which is no big deal since LB is an amazing weapon. Traps are predictable, easy to spot, and don’t require a brain to counter. It’s their combination with a max-range weapon that makes traps look amazing, whereas in fact they are not.

(edited by Huskyboy.1053)

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

What? I was referring to your request for a proper amulet for Ele. I know how to fight a DH thanks . Guardian was my first class.

Sorry for bad quote mate! I was talking about only removal of class stacking idea.

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

My suggestion, would be to nerf Puncture Shot. That’s part of what makes fighting Meditrapper difficult even on a ranged build, that they crit for over 1k damage just on autoattack. I tested out Demolisher’s power mes against DH dueling with a friend and it would be 1.1k to 1.2k damage for each PS. Lowering the base damage to 280 and reducing the power coefficient to somewhere between .5 and .66 would make it more reasonable. It’s silly that they should have such high damage off of AA, that’s what True Shot is for.

On top of that, Deflecting Shot either needs its radius removed (making it single-target like Ranger LB 4), not pierce, or be blockable. Not all 3, but 1 or 2 of these changes would promote better play. I think that it should be blockable, unblockable weapon skills promote low-skill play that doesn’t require prediction or anticipation of what the enemy will do. I don’t have a problem with traiting it to be a CC, that’s fine. But when traited it blinds, destroys projectiles, pierces, CCs, is unblockable, and doubles damage if it destroys a projectile. And that’s on top of a full 1.0 power coefficient. This skill does too much by itself even without traiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

How does an unblockable skill like deflecting shot promote low skill play when i can time it with mesmer shield block, rev hibernation or warrior shield 5 to counter their blocking? That’s the opposite of low skill. That’s reactive, not passive play. Furthermore, using deflecting shot to combo it along f1 to bounce a target on test of faith has nothing to do with low skill play.

Has the definition of low skill play changed in the last second or something?

Also, why would you even bring up DD? That’s another class accused of being cancer. Hey, you know what’s low skill play?

Dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge etc

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

How does an unblockable skill like deflecting shot promote low skill play when i can time it with mesmer shield block, rev hibernation or warrior shield 5 to counter their blocking? That’s the opposite of low skill. That’s reactive, not passive play. Furthermore, using deflecting shot to combo it along f1 to bounce a target on test of faith has nothing to do with low skill play.

Also, why would you even bring up DD? That’s another class accused of being cancer. Hey, you know what’s low skill play?

Did I say it requires low skill play? No. Did I say there are no skillful ways to use Deflecting Shot? No. I’ve been on the receiving end of that exact use vs. mesmers, I agree that in that particular use case it’s skillful when intentionally saved for that exact purpose.

I don’t agree that using an unblockable to break blocks is generally skillful, and the fact that DS can hit multiple targets via a radius + pierce means that it could easily unintentionally break a random person’s block and CC them in a node fight, which is just dumb. It could also be changed to remove piercing, that would also be reasonable. But like I said, it has far too much packed into one skill, in fact it has 4 non-damage components along with potential double damage (5 if you count the AoE as a component). Seriously Kuya, find me another weapon skill like that. There are very few unblockable CCs in this game and DH has an AoE unblockable CC on a 10s recharge. This is the definition of powercreep and it’s wrapped up into a regular weapon skill instead of a high-CD utility.

As to your comments about dodge spam, I agree it’s low skill. The issue is that it can’t be fixed without simultaneously overhauling thief utilities and traits to allow them defense, especially against condis. Thieves need the dodges to stay alive. Doesn’t mean the dodge spam is good design, but simply getting rid of it would make the class even more unviable than it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Did I say it requires low skill play? No. Did I say there are no skillful ways to use Deflecting Shot? No. I’ve been on the receiving end of that exact use vs. mesmers, I agree that in that particular use case it’s skillful when intentionally saved for that exact purpose.

I don’t agree that using an unblockable to break blocks is generally skillful, and the fact that DS can hit multiple targets via a radius + pierce means that it could easily unintentionally break a random person’s block and CC them in a node fight, which is just dumb. It could also be changed to remove piercing, that would also be reasonable. But like I said, it has far too much packed into one skill, in fact it has 4 non-damage components along with potential double damage (5 if you count the AoE as a component). Seriously Kuya, find me another weapon skill like that. There are very few unblockable CCs in this game and DH has an AoE unblockable CC on a 10s recharge. This is the definition of powercreep and it’s wrapped up into a regular weapon skill instead of a high-CD utility.

As to your comments about dodge spam, I agree it’s low skill. The issue is that it can’t be fixed without simultaneously overhauling thief utilities and traits to allow them defense, especially against condis. Thieves need the dodges to stay alive. Doesn’t mean the dodge spam is good design, but simply getting rid of it would make the class even more unviable than it is.

Mind you baseline Deflecting Shot doesn’t knockback you need to slot Heavy Light, which is a DH GM slot for longbow users, it competes with Condi removal on block and Damage mod with vuln stacking against speared target. The previous version of Heavy light was low skill passive seeing that it only proc’d against close range opponents using any attack on the longbow. Changed to what it is now. ‘Deflecting Shot itself is much more skill based then most of the skills I’ve seen now a days, reason being that first off it’s a legitimate skillshot and not a tab targeted skill like Mirror Blade, trying to hit a moving target takes some thought and prediction of where your target is moving.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, Deflecting Shot is a Skillshot, if traited it deserves to be a great CC, especially if a Grandmaster slot is taken. Also your bit about CCing someone through blocks with weapon skills? Traited Necro staff has unblockable fear, chills and just mark spam and even ’Nothing Can Save you" if you want even more unblockable for other skills.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Mind you baseline Deflecting Shot doesn’t knockback you need to slot Heavy Light, which is a DH GM slot for longbow users, it competes with Condi removal on block and Damage mod with vuln stacking against speared target. The previous version of Heavy light was low skill passive seeing that it only proc’d against close range opponents using any attack on the longbow. Changed to what it is now. ‘Deflecting Shot itself is much more skill based then most of the skills I’ve seen now a days, reason being that first off it’s a legitimate skillshot and not a tab targeted skill like Mirror Blade, trying to hit a moving target takes some thought and prediction of where your target is moving.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, Deflecting Shot is a Skillshot, if traited it deserves to be a great CC, especially if a Grandmaster slot is taken. Also your bit about CCing someone through blocks with weapon skills? Traited Necro staff has unblockable fear, chills and just mark spam and even ’Nothing Can Save you" if you want even more unblockable for other skills.

This is a good response, thanks. Reaper’s mark is really the closest thing to Deflecting Shot. AoE, ground targeted, damaging, CC. With trait it’s unblockable. However I’d take DS over the mark any day because of the 32s CD on the mark. Not very impressive tbh. Staff is the best weapon that condi necros have for node fights but its condi damage and overall utility don’t match up against power DH’s longbow.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

And back to Puncture Shot, I was hitting 1.8k crits on a thief (probably running Marauder’s Ammy) in the match I just played. I was running Marauder’s and Traveler’s rune. That’s just too much damage for an AA, especially considering Thief has medium armor.

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think the dev team is still struggling to comprehend the work of a certain Mr. Peters. Once his logic has been translated into human, I’m sure they will try to fix all the glaring imbalances and boring mechanics that currently plague the game.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

This is a good response, thanks. Reaper’s mark is really the closest thing to Deflecting Shot. AoE, ground targeted, damaging, CC. With trait it’s unblockable. However I’d take DS over the mark any day because of the 32s CD on the mark. Not very impressive tbh. Staff is the best weapon that condi necros have for node fights but its condi damage and overall utility don’t match up against power DH’s longbow.

Why does it matter that you’d pick DS over Reaper’s Mark? This is like me saying I’d take Mesmer’s Tides of Time over Shield Bash/Shield Throw, because Shield Bash/Shield Throw is not impressive. You asked what other weapon Skill is like DS and there is, Reapear’s Mark when traited, and in order to have a knockback on DS, it needs the GM slot, while Necro Staff Marks traited makes all marks unblockable. Reaper’s Mark is 32 second CD, and it can linger until triggered. This comparison is also between a E-spec Weapon and a Base Class weapon from different classes with different roles and concepts?

Puncture Shot hits for what it does because by default since using the DH traitline, there’s a minor GM Pure of Sight that increases Damage the farther away you are 13% over 600 units, 7% under 600, added with any other damage mods he might hold. Hitting 1.8k on thieves isn’t DH Range exclusive, I’ve seen Hammers Revs hit for around the same as well as LB rangers(higher even).

in PvP

Posted by: Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

Dragonkitteners….well…the only valid complaint I have about them is that they still have that daze that was supposed to be temporarily workaround. Guess it’s no longer is.

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

Why does it matter that you’d pick DS over Reaper’s Mark? This is like me saying I’d take Mesmer’s Tides of Time over Shield Bash/Shield Throw, because Shield Bash/Shield Throw is not impressive. You asked what other weapon Skill is like DS and there is, Reapear’s Mark when traited, and in order to have a knockback on DS, it needs the GM slot, while Necro Staff Marks traited makes all marks unblockable. Reaper’s Mark is 32 second CD, and it can linger until triggered. This comparison is also between a E-spec Weapon and a Base Class weapon from different classes with different roles and concepts?

Puncture Shot hits for what it does because by default since using the DH traitline, there’s a minor GM Pure of Sight that increases Damage the farther away you are 13% over 600 units, 7% under 600, added with any other damage mods he might hold. Hitting 1.8k on thieves isn’t DH Range exclusive, I’ve seen Hammers Revs hit for around the same as well as LB rangers(higher even).

Are we arguing? I think we’re in agreement here that they share significant similarities. I said thanks because you made a good point, I wasn’t contrasting them to antagonize you. When I said that I’d “take it any day” I wasn’t being literal, was just expressing that I think it’s much better. I said that because DS recharges slightly more than 3x faster than Reaper’s Mark, it’s superior. The Mark also has triple the cast time of DS. Additionally DS has baseline blind, projectile destruction, and much higher damage.

I did notice that minor GM trait today, that helped explain the damage. Still, my issue isn’t that I don’t get why it’kittenting for so much damage, it’s that it’kittenting for so much damage. Whether or not you view that as problematic is subjective, but would make a significant difference in DH LB damage output if the AA damage was nerfed.

Also, while I have no doubt that hammer revs get similar damage on AA, their AA is slower (1s casting time vs 3/4s casting time). So that’s going to result in about 2 or 3 extra hits for the DH in a skirmish, or a difference of around 5k damage. Hammer AA has baseline pierce though so that’s pretty nice in node fights.

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

Snip

I think it really is subjective tbh which is better since both fit into different playstyles and synergies and two build damage types.. DS is okay baseline, most LB DHs will run Heavy Light so they can combo people through ToF since that’s pretty bread and butter, added to ending block early as long they don’t have stab or you happen to be blinded. Reaper’s Mark is either used for set up, or condi bombing someone while they’re feared. With Reaper Spec fear will chill and bleed and if you chose Terror over Path of Corruption then even more damage.

You shouldn’t be surprised critting thieves for near 2k damage, they are almost as squishy as zerker ele and mesmer, imo it’d be better to test against engis and things with protection, if you’re still hitting for around 2k damage with AA on engis with prot and what not, yeah that’s probably too much damage.

AA on Rev Hammer vs DH LB AA, you shouldn’t really calculate like that unless you’re intentionally doing it in a PVE format where the target doesn’t dodge LoS etc, and doesn’t have some sort of projectile hate/reflect or negation ability. What’s important is that if it connects. Not only that but consider builds of the profession along with the whole weapon kit. Now I can say is that true LB possibly better damage due to fast cast rate, but Rev hammer can have higher potential damage just cause it pierces through multiple targets. Which is like you said pretty nice for node fights with multiple people or AI..

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

And back to Puncture Shot, I was hitting 1.8k crits on a thief (probably running Marauder’s Ammy) in the match I just played. I was running Marauder’s and Traveler’s rune. That’s just too much damage for an AA, especially considering Thief has medium armor.

rev hammer auto hits for like 3k tho?

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

rev hammer auto hits for like 3k tho?

that is skilled…. plz… players arent good in this game if they arent playing easy gimmick rotations. :P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

This thread is hilarious…dh can be strong, annoying and seemingly OP true….but 90% of those playing dh are awful players that can’t distinguish left from right

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Most players don’t even try to avoid these,they just stand there and die.
Including DHs dying from other DHs’s traps.
It can be annoying since you might have to move around or on and off a point in order to avoid them,but dying from traps is 100% your fault and your choice since it is so easy to simply trigger and dodge out of them or to not trigger them at all.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Dh traps need to be nerfed, 3s cast time and 3s arm time so you actually have to use them as a trap and not as an extra aoe skill.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

Dh traps need to be nerfed, 3s cast time and 3s arm time so you actually have to use them as a trap and not as an extra aoe skill.

You keep suggesting something like this are you seriously suggesting this? Do you know how atrocious a cast time of 3s is? That’s about 0.25s shorter then casting Signet of Courage. For someone who claims to main guard for over 8+k hours you sure recommend some completely mind boggling nerf suggestions to your own main class.

in PvP

Spartacus.3192

LOL just LOL

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

the things that you read on this forum…

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Thread is /facepalm

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

Anything being done about people broken inability to learn something about DH?

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Emdrix.6124

Emdrix.6124

had 4 games today with 3 Dhs on the opposite team and 2 on mine. This is not funny anymore

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

had 4 games today with 3 Dhs on the opposite team and 2 on mine. This is not funny anymore

Anything being done about people broken inability to learn something about DH?

^^^ this guy is on to something. @Emdrix have you ever tried playing corruptionmancer against DH? Especially with corrosive poison cloud or well of corruption it’s very effective, either they have to sit on top of it (and their traps) or dodge out, many inexperienced DH will just allow you to condi them to death. DH enjoys high performance against a number of professions but condi necro is their weakness. CPC is best used when they’re on LB since it destroys projectiles.

in PvP

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

If a DH wants to bring his invulnerabilities/block spams he has to give up on traps (that have quite some recharge for PvP standards) and you’ll have plenty of time to get away for a few secs then go for a kill even before the point is capped.

A DH that actually uses his/her trap mechanic to the full extent will always have singular traps around the point while you’re on it instead of trying to burst you (specially if you’re a mes, who the hell bursts all their traps there?). That means not taking invulnerability and blocking utilities, neither taking a teleport skill, and investing every slot on traps. Which leaves the DH very vulnerable and you can still outsmart your opponent with careful positioning.

Tl;dr you don’t have any problem with traps and a DH with survivability has no capability of damaging through your two dodges.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

This thread lol….90% of those playing dh are terribad players..you’re better off praying of getting no dh in your team, with so much talk about being OP, the worst players out there now main a DH xd, gz on that

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

DH power coefficients on their weapons are some of the lowest in the game. A DH not running traps can’t kill any form of attrition build. A DH running traps can be 2-shot by almost any skilled player.

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

DH power coefficients on their weapons are some of the lowest in the game. A DH not running traps can’t kill any form of attrition build. A DH running traps can be 2-shot by almost any skilled player.

LOL 2 shot. good luck 2 shotting a Dh that can block for 15 secs in a row on top of the heals and invul

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

DH enjoys high performance against a number of professions but condi necro is their weakness. CPC is best used when they’re on LB since it destroys projectiles.

While CPC and WoC are definitely punishing to camping DH. I wouldn’t call necros a weakness. Necros are simply too vulnerable to DH F1 pulling us into oblivion.

Also as you get into higher tiers the DH stop camping and start getting aggressive.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

1) Guardian daily

2) Don’t you play Revenant?

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Huskyboy.1053

DH enjoys high performance against a number of professions but condi necro is their weakness. CPC is best used when they’re on LB since it destroys projectiles.

While CPC and WoC are definitely punishing to camping DH. I wouldn’t call necros a weakness. Necros are simply too vulnerable to DH F1 pulling us into oblivion.

Also as you get into higher tiers the DH stop camping and start getting aggressive.

Fully agree with all of that. I’d suggest using Foot in the Grave if you see a DH on the other team and are planning to 1v1 or 2v2 them (probably should plan for that, not a lot of situations where Death Perception will be terribly useful versus a trapper DH). Shroud activation is instantaneous, so with FitG you can save it until you’re pulled and activate it just as the pull begins. Condi necro is one of the few builds where you can afford to stay at 1200 range, as versus the DH you actually can out-damage them from that range. Many builds require closing in to match their damage potential, like Thief, condi mes, rev, etc. but condi necro does fine from range. That range gives you time to activate shroud before you hit Test of Faith.

However when facing 2 or 3 DH it’s a 90% chance that either all of them or all but one are trash. In such a case I hedge my bets and pick a build that punishes them most.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Fully agree with all of that. I’d suggest using Foot in the Grave if you see a DH on the other team and are planning to 1v1 or 2v2 them (probably should plan for that, not a lot of situations where Death Perception will be terribly useful versus a trapper DH). Shroud activation is instantaneous, so with FitG you can save it until you’re pulled and activate it just as the pull begins. Condi necro is one of the few builds where you can afford to stay at 1200 range, as versus the DH you actually can out-damage them from that range. Many builds require closing in to match their damage potential, like Thief, condi mes, rev, etc. but condi necro does fine from range. That range gives you time to activate shroud before you hit Test of Faith.

However when facing 2 or 3 DH it’s a 90% chance that either all of them or all but one are trash. In such a case I hedge my bets and pick a build that punishes them most.

Un-reflectable long range attacks to widdle them down. At close range, you need to really outplay them to have a chance. They are probably best close range class at the moment (tied with Mesmer). They are high damage bunkers with massive AoE damage. You must kill them at range.

It’s nearly impossible to spike them at close range, you will get ageis’ed, blocked, blinded, dazed, or just have your attack magically miss.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Mr Godlike.6098

Un-reflectable long range attacks to widdle them down. At close range, you need to really outplay them to have a chance. They are probably best close range class at the moment (tied with Mesmer). They are high damage bunkers with massive AoE damage. You must kill them at range.

It’s nearly impossible to spike them at close range, you will get ageis’ed, blocked, blinded, dazed, or just have your attack magically miss.

…and somewhere out there another DH died because rev looked at him angrily…or scrapper misscliked…

Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

You keep suggesting something like this are you seriously suggesting this? Do you know how atrocious a cast time of 3s is? That’s about 0.25s shorter then casting Signet of Courage. For someone who claims to main guard for over 8+k hours you sure recommend some completely mind boggling nerf suggestions to your own main class.

Yes, I am serious. Traps ruined everything I liked about guards. All viable builds in PvE and PvP contain traps now.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Here ya go, this is what is being done.

Guardian
We’d like to give the guardian some core buffs to encourage non-elite spec play, ideally pushing them towards a potential support role. As for Dragonhunter, we’re seeing a disproportionate amount of play across all skill levels. We’re mostly happy with their damage output, and have decided to instead shave some of their utility.
Piercing Light: This trait no longer causes traps to daze enemies and will instead inflict the Slow condition on enemies for 1.5 seconds on the initial ‘trigger’ of a trap.
Virtue of Justice: Increased the Burning duration of the passive effect from 2 to 4 seconds in PvP only. Increased the amount of burning of the active effect from 1 to 3 stacks in PvP only.
Virtue of Resolve: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 45 to 30 in PvP only. The healing contribution of this ability has been increased by 87% in PvP only.
Virtue of Courage: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 60 to 40 seconds in PvP only.
Shield of Courage: Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to grant benefits without going on recharge.
Detonate Orb of Light: The healing contribution of this ability has been increased by 67%.
Line of Warding: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 40 to 30 seconds in PvP only.
Signet of Courage: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 180 to 120 seconds in PvP only.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Now you can all stop worrying about the trap DHs and get some ointment for burn trap DHs !!!!!1!!!

in PvP

Emdrix.6124

lmfao these nerfs are nothing compared to what revs got if anything there will be more Dhs. sigh…

in PvP

Lucentfir.7430

Yes, I am serious. Traps ruined everything I liked about guards. All viable builds in PvE and PvP contain traps now.

I don’t really think you should be taken serious then IMO, you want to make the entire trap set sit next to Spirit Weapons in usability. Though it’s honestly suggesting 5s or 3s cast time and arm time that make me say this. No one who was serious or at least has a sense of how balancing should be approached would suggest something like that. It seems kind of trolly actually.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

They are traps, why should traps be instant gratification aoe damage (+cc+boons/healing)? They should take time to setup but be rewarding if you manage to make someone step into them.