AoE is Excessive in this Game

in PvP

Posted by: Storms Fury.9307

Storms Fury.9307

At High Level Play it Becomes really Apparent that there is way to much AoE in this Game.

Guild Wars 1 had much better PvP for multiple reasons.

One of them is that most Skills Were Single Target with an Occasional AoE skill.

Excessive Prevalence of AoE Skills implicitly dilutes Overall Skill Requirement because instead of being Mindful of Focusing Your Target you resort to Spamming AoE/Cleaving and “Hoping” that it works.

Watch when a Player goes Down and the Excessive Implementation of AoE is Shown Clearly

in PvP

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

Yup ^^
In Spvp, pre-hot people would come and actually stump the down target. Now, most people just use their AoE to attack the down target and any revivers.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Yup ^^
In Spvp, pre-hot people would come and actually stump the down target. Now, most people just use their AoE to attack the down target and any revivers.

Unless you’re a condi burst class like Reaper, cleaves are no longer as big of a necessity like it was pre-HoT. Partly due to all the invulnerables. It’s best to use 1 static aoe effect then try to immediately safe stomp.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Yup ^^

People don’t stomp not because AoE is strong, but because Stab is meaningless. A Rev staff #5 can strip multiple stacks if not all. Boon corrupts and boon steals are everywhere. Even a 10 stacks of stability is not a guaranteed stomp anymore. Stomping is a big risk (unless you have invul). That’s why people like to AoE the area more. At least you don’t lock yourself out of a heal.

They add a bunch of interrupt skills for PvE vs bosses. They didn’t think about PvP for balance.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I play ele and i only stomp if my invul is up and the target can´t move in downstate. Otherwise i cleave with overload …. Trying annything els doesn´t work 90% of the time and can mean my death … I personaly dislike downstate that can use skills. I would double down HP but disable all downskills. Get help or die helpless. (except out of combat)

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: cat.8975

cat.8975

People don’t stomp not because AoE is strong, but because Stab is meaningless. A Rev staff #5 can strip multiple stacks if not all.

This is wrong, there is an internal 0.75 second cooldown for each stack of stability removed from a player.

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

+1 to stab strip icd if not corrupted and invulnerability stomping (Mist Form, Obsidian Flesh, Elixir S, etc, all classics).

The problem, I think, is that damage kills faster than stomping unless Search & Rescue or Gyro resurrection is happening, in which case it might be better to stomp with invulnerability when a Scrapper or Druid is present, though not many Druids run it since it’s been nerfed. The problem now seems to be that the res is too fast and uninterruptible. Think Fractal Avengers for PvE tryhards.

in PvP

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

Trying to stomp now almost always means you will get downed yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

The problem, I think, is that damage kills faster than stomping unless Search & Rescue or Gyro resurrection is happening, in which case it might be better to stomp with invulnerability when a Scrapper or Druid is present, though not many Druids run it since it’s been nerfed. The problem now seems to be that the res is too fast and uninterruptible.

If there is a ressing scrapper or druid (many still run the res trait), you have to cleave, because you can’t complete the stomp before the downed target gets up, unless there are others cleaving. Cleave is the only way to (eventually) prevent those rezzes.

in PvP

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

There is all most no point to try and stomp just AOE or cleave the targets down stomping is a waste of time, and most of the time it will just get you killed.

Only ever go for a stomp if you are on your own or your AOE/Cleave skill are on calldown.

Stomping really needs fixing or rezzing needs there time nerf is not worth the risk.

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

The most stupid thing about AOE is their damage part: AOE abilities do equal or even more dmg than single target abilities lol.
In WoW or some other MMOs you won’t kill single player with aoe spells, in GW2 you can do it with easy.

in PvP

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

At High Level Play it Becomes really Apparent that there is way to much AoE in this Game.

Guild Wars 1 had much better PvP for multiple reasons.

One of them is that most Skills Were Single Target with an Occasional AoE skill.

Excessive Prevalence of AoE Skills implicitly dilutes Overall Skill Requirement because instead of being Mindful of Focusing Your Target you resort to Spamming AoE/Cleaving and “Hoping” that it works.

Watch when a Player goes Down and the Excessive Implementation of AoE is Shown Clearly

yes it is true, we all already know this game is not really about being skilled.
the only solution against some classes: is to quit the point and let decap while attacking

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

There is too much of everything in PvP post HoT. I wish they would make a queue where elite specs arent allowed.
And the stability changes need to be reverted or changed to how it works in WvW (can only loose 1 stack per second)

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in PvP

Posted by: newbihack.7180

newbihack.7180

Yep, just cheap non skill aoe. This is what the brain dead players wanted. Too lazy to focus.
Keep eating fast foods fatties.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Every subject that is being adressed in this topic needs a nerf imo. There is too much CC, too much Stability and too much AoE. Everything became too much in PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

So i have say, the problem is not about balance. They are all come from design. They are all come from designer. The new skills are design so suck that i have never seen in other game. You can see many logic problems from them. They make the game and not play/test the game. This is the reason I can think of.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

If Aoe was rare it wouldn’t be a problem if it was impactful, but it is just spam and a lot of it has CC attached to them.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Leader of design team who collect the skill design and decide put them in or not. If he feel the skill is just “FUNNY” and put it in the game. Not more just one. Then the balance was breaking. This is need circumspect attitude to make a decision. He should have more game experience to assort his job. Unfortunately, you can see many skills are BLOCK, AOE, OFF and DEF , sustained AREA , boon , cc at the same time.Even if a player is able to see the problem but they/he not. This is ridiculous

(edited by xeonage.1253)