Are GS rangers viable?

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

I’ve been trying different builds and recently tried a melee spirit ranger that uses GS and sword/warhorn (sometimes dagger) and it’s pretty fun. I don’t really see the GS as a weapon I’d keep out, usually I just use it to close in and block/stun before switching to sword.

It kinda made me curious, are there people who actually use GS on ranger? Or is it mostly outclassed by other weapons?

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Treble.1563

Treble.1563

I’ve never met one, but I have one that I occasionally use in WvW and EotM. Can’t imagine it being useful outside of GS/LB for WvW.

- The damage sucks, including Maul, even in full Berserker.
- The CC is alright but very conditional compared to other classes’ CC weapons.
- Swoop is useless for closing gaps because, well, what are you really gonna do when you close that gap as a GS Ranger?

I’d rather have Axe/Axe for a melee power build.

S U M E T A L [ Warrior ][ S/Wh + Ham ][ Zerg Shout Support ]
M O A M E T A L [ Necromancer ][ Staff + D/F ][ Power DS/Wells ]
Y U I M E T A L [ Engineer ][ 3kit P/S ][ Havoc Roam ]

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

The main problem with Ranger GS is the abysmal damage scaling on the auto attack. Other than that, it’s a very solid weapon.

Ranger//Necro

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

haha, of course not.
ranger in general sux hard at the moment

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

It kinda made me curious, are there people who actually use ranger on a GS? Or is ranger mostly outclassed?

There. I fixed the question for you.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

It’s viable if your team makes it viable. Our Ranger, Eurantien, played Power Ranger with LB/GS in the ToL 2 Qualifier 1. We won our four games and advanced to the August Finals. If your team makes use of it correctly and makes it viable, it is.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Paragon.5479

Paragon.5479

its not viable cause of thiefs,we will see will they be when thiefs get proper nerfs

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Ragnar.3916

It’s viable if your team makes it viable. Our Ranger, Eurantien, played Power Ranger with LB/GS in the ToL 2 Qualifier 1. We won our four games and advanced to the August Finals. If your team makes use of it correctly and makes it viable, it is.

na high quality gameplay…
well lets see the real rounds, you just played the qualifier now.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

na high quality gameplay…
well lets see the real rounds, you just played the qualifier now.

and you, spiteful forum poster, could show some more respect.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

So it requires the entire team to be built around it?

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

Wait ill answer that for you: no

thread can be closed

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Eurantien HYPEEEEE!

elite specs ruined pvp.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

So it requires the entire team to be built around it?

No more than necro or mesmer does. Just like any other DPS class that isn’t thief, it requires peels, and is helped out by something like a thief on the team that is seen as a threat by the other team. That way, the enemy team can’t just spend all their resources on killing you because if they do the thief has free reign.

I think if we REALLY wanted to build around a power ranger we’d drop the war and engi for ele/necro.

@OP.

GS can be viable but it is definitely kind of weak and easily exploited if used poorly. Definitely needs some buffs.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

is it viable? I’m not really sure, as I don’t have a degree in uber game balance.

can you win fights with it? totally. I’ve used lb/gs for a while now and most people who know me consider me one of the best rangers they know. (not trying to gloat, this is just what others tell me. I think i’m still in the learning phase)

not to mention double-leaps through healing spring is amazing.

A lot of people think of greatsword the wrong way. it’s definitely not got it’s strong point in auto-attack (like most of our weapons.) it’s more focused on maul for damage, and the rest is pure defensive abilities. evade on auto attack, double leaps, a decent block, and a stun.

tl;dr if you want to use it, use it.

small edit: granted, as eurantien said, it probably could use some polishing. but it can still do great if you’re used to it’s weaknesses

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

(edited by ITheNormalPerson.9275)

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

Being honest: its kitten. There are tons of better options.

if you want a good teambuild dont play it.

if you want to play the most effective build dont play it.

if you dont care everything can work. And if you say gs powerranger is viable then everything is viable

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i dare to disagree. after all i have never met a single trap thief in tPvP in 2 years.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

GS is not viable except on skyhammer, where longbow 4 makes the whole build barely viable.

Ranger | Elementalist

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaboobie.1543

Kaboobie.1543

I play a GS/SB build on my ranger I tend to use the SB while I have them at range and fill them with bleeds then swap to the GS when they eventually close on me and I find it to be very effective personally. I’m not high ranked, I take too many breaks to play a wide variety of games and I have a very hectic work and personal life, and I mostly don’t play arenas so take from this what you will I’m just giving my opinion based on my experience.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Prysin.8542

i love how one of the highest RANKED ranger players say “the build works” and everyone just ignores him and instantly declare the build rubbish even though they arent even close to his rank or experience.

Yeah, rank apparently doesnt matter. If noobs cannot play it, it is rubbish. Not hard to play, just “unviable” and rubbish.

ah…. gotta say them words that made me famous now…

People, it’s a L2P Issue, deal with it. If you fail with LB/GS, it is a user error, not a build error. You simply got out-played.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Ryan.9387

i love how one of the highest RANKED ranger players say “the build works” and everyone just ignores him and instantly declare the build rubbish even though they arent even close to his rank or experience.

Yeah, rank apparently doesnt matter. If noobs cannot play it, it is rubbish. Not hard to play, just “unviable” and rubbish.

People, it’s a L2P Issue, deal with it. If you fail with LB/GS, it is a user error, not a build error. You simply got out-played.

Frankly, your experience as a ranger is based off of WvW, a game mode that is hardly relevant to tPvP. Telling people that this is a l2p issue or that power is viable is misinforming other players.

It would take all of 3-4 seconds for a mesmer and thief to 100→0 his LB/GS build (6-6-x-x-x berserker amulet). There is a real reason why Eurantien is the only prevalent power ranger in NA, and it isn’t because the rest of us are build hipsters.

Ranger | Elementalist

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

The problem with ranger is that all of their weapons are weaker than other classes because they get pets but the pets don’t seem to scale off gear which causes the imbalance. Also the pets are pretty dumb and if you strafe as they start their attack animation the attack wont hit cus they stop moving while they attack.

That is also why the gs auto attacks are so kitten, add in a dps pets autos and now ur doing 3k dps easy. But like I said most people just strafe the pets, and they do get blown up by cleave in teamfights which also makes them pretty useless. If the pets did a dodge whenever the ranger did then they would be way more viable.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Absent Minded.5821

Absent Minded.5821

Power ranger isn’t viable. Everyone points to Eurantien as proof otherwise but we’ll see how the actual games go.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

No, it does not work. It can maybe be viable if the whole team puts a lot of effort into it.

However, all of the meta build at the moment are not only viable but VERY RELIABLE.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Power ranger isn’t viable. Everyone points to Eurantien as proof otherwise but we’ll see how the actual games go.

with such comment, it seems like you set a requirement of tournament victory in order for a build to be called viable or even good. I will however remind you that there is 4 other players on the team that each can be the source of a loss.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

I was going to refrain from posting but definitely feel the need to offer a voice of reason.

The power ranger LB/GS build is totally viable. Apex? No. But absolutely viable and a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. For whatever reason, people so often look for the best meta comp — it’s so strange to me that people don’t consider multiple comps. There is no “best” comp. Sure, there are solid all-around classes and there are definitely comps that incorporate all of them to make a recipe for a very strong comp. But the idea of a 100% always best comp is absolutely ludicrous. Certain builds excel on certain maps, certain builds excel when their counter isn’t on the enemy team, etc.

So with this in consideration, LB/GS ranger is absolutely viable. Probably not the best choice for every situation (and definitely not a good choice for those of you who have no idea how to position yourselves — you all can keep crutching on your cheese :P) but it is downright silly to call the build useless or kitten. It has the best single target ranged damage at the longest range in the entire game. In the hands of an intelligent player who positions well (including getting in spots hard for melee to get to, standing in spots that thief ports can’t access), it’s quite a good build. Without a doubt, the build is totally ready and viable and even strong in solo queue. With enough practice and with a team comp that is somewhat complementary, as Eura pointed out, the build is totally fine for team queue as well.

It’s very rare to actually be at any point of gameplay where certain builds become impossible to use (like we’re talking there are maybe less than ten teams NA that can’t run certain builds due to viability — so an extreme majority of the playerbase will never even come across this issue), so it strikes me as just ridiculous that there is this blind mentality of accepting what someone has said to be the end all be all. It also is a sad state of affairs for the balance of this game for the question of “is it viable?” to be nearly synonymous with “do I have to pay attention to where I’m standing in a fight?”

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Absent Minded.5821

with such comment, it seems like you set a requirement of tournament victory in order for a build to be called viable or even good. I will however remind you that there is 4 other players on the team that each can be the source of a loss.

lol what’s the point in arguing? You’ll all just run your LB/GS builds anyway. There’s a reason rangers are referred to as free bags in WvW. There’s a reason people are shocked when they get beat by a ranger. Yet you still all preach the viability of power rangers. I’m done. You can drive this class to the ground for all I care. I’ll be in PvP getting free kills if you need me.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The Reason Eurantien’s build works is because whenever someone+ tries to Attack him , His WHOLE entire team, drops WHATEVER IT IS that they’re doing, Gets off point and Starts 5v1gangbanging the poor guy off point.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Prysin.8542

lol what’s the point in arguing? You’ll all just run your LB/GS builds anyway. There’s a reason rangers are referred to as free bags in WvW. There’s a reason people are shocked when they get beat by a ranger. Yet you still all preach the viability of power rangers. I’m done. You can drive this class to the ground for all I care. I’ll be in PvP getting free kills if you need me.

nice to see you got confidence. I hope you can back it up as it would be a shame if it was all words.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Okay, Eura’s build isn’t setup for 1 v 1, it’s a team build. Put your money where your mouth is, 10 gold says he eats your kittening soul in a 1 v 1.

Put up or shut up, balls in your court friend.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

The viability of most builds just depends on who is using that build, and the team he is playing with. Most ppl said meta was bunkerish specs, and AI crowd ftw and that mesmer was not good anymore in tpvp (i used to believe that for a while)… now look at ToL 1 winners comp: 3 zerkers, 1 celestial and 1 support guardian, they had a mesmer and no AI specs.
So i think everything depends on how the team plays around their composition.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Absent Minded.5821

I’m down. Just send me a pm when you want to duel I’ll be in sPvP for a while.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Lol @ the people saying GS ranger is bad when they don’t even play it competitively. Just because “you” can’t play it and win doesn’t mean it’s not viable. It’s probably stricter on team comps, but it’s definitely viable in the right hands i.e. Eura. If you want to use GS, I think Eura is the most experienced in this so I’d take his advice.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Ragnar.3916

actually he is just rank ~70 and this in na!
(eu players go to na and they are top 25 in 2 days)

even in eu servers, it’s really easy to go rank 50+ really fast with a bit decent team mates.

in the actual state of the game top 50 means nothing.

at least in eu
the best ranger players (azron, yilvina darnus and niah) don’t run (or was running)
a power ranger build
and every one of them stay/ed top 15 in the eu ladder for a long time and played in good teams called cheese mode, 55hp monks and erotic solitude legends.

all of them played spirit ranger and like every one knows eu > na
i have np with eura but keep you hype a bit low na guys.
power rangers are just food in eu meta gameplay, no matter how good they can play.

(edited by Ragnar.3916)

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

even in eu servers, it’s really easy to go rank 50+ really fast with a bit decent team mates.

at least in eu
the best ranger players (azron, yilvina darnus and niah) don’t run (or was running)
a power ranger build
and every one of them stay/ed top 15 in the eu ladder for a long time and played in good teams called cheese mode, 55hp monks and erotic solitude legends.

power rangers are just food in eu meta gameplay, no matter how good they can play.

When did viable = tournament level play? Viable means it can be competitive. Of course most everyone in the high leagues are gonna run meta, min/max everything, and choose builds that have low risk, high reward. But we are talking about viable here which just means able to play in a queued up match competitively this ranges from (0% -> LB #1).

Can it be played competitively in tpvp? Yes. Are there better builds? Yes.

Also, the stereotype is EU is better than NA, but that’s really general. We both have good players, and it’s up to the tournaments to show who’s currently on top of their game.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

at least in eu
a power ranger build

You, sir, are ignorant to everything about how “good” people are. People like Eura duo queue and trio queue in team queue just to have fun, not to get to the top page so people think that he’s good.

Second, Spirit Ranger is far less viable than Power Ranger. When’s the last time you’ve seen a Spirit Ranger on a good team aside from 55 (do they even run one anymore?)?

You could say the same for power, but at least he tries new things instead of sticking to the same outdated builds. AND he makes it work.

I would place my bets on Eura and Kizos over any EU Ranger TBH.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

I played to top 50 EU solo q. The reason I drop in leaderboards is mostly because of, like you said, decent teammates (since EU is of a higher caliber than NA) and the fact I play other stuff in solo queue besides ranger. Like, bad stuff, like gs/ham war, s/p d/p thief, etc.

Sure, you can compare me to EU rangers, I can’t really compare since I have rarely fought them. I know I ran into Ylvina while I was in EU and she was alright, I was only playing power so it was hard to judge. I know I fought Azron in a tourney when he was in NA, he died real fast in the 1 v 1 we had, which was disappointing. But it’s whatever,

But the question isn’t spirit ranger is better than lb/gs 1 v 1 (no kitten, power ranger should always lose that fight). The question is, is GS ranger viable? I said yes, even at top tier play it can be (because I can do it). Is it spirit ranger? No, it’s not easy to play effectively. It doesn’t even fill the same roll, I’d say it is more akin to a necro, mesmer, or HGH engi in terms of play style than a spirit ranger.

So can it be viable? yes. Is mesmer viable? It can be, Hesleth can do it. Does that mean I can do it at top tier? No, cause I’m bad at mesmer.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Ryan.9387

A power necro is stronger than power ranger with ranged aoe and sustain. Thieves can disengage with reliable stealth when under pressure. Mesmer provides boonstrip, strong cc, and useful team utility.

Power ranger does mediocre dps with limited sustain and no reliable utility. There is no reason to take a lb/gs over the glass equivalent of any other class. A shortbow spirit ranger will likely out dps a power ranger through bleed procs and burn provided by sun spirit, all while having an extremely strong set of core traits and team utility.

Ranger | Elementalist

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I like playing my Power Ranger, and just like most other players, don’t give 2 kittens about what other people like to complain at them about :P

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

A power necro is stronger than power ranger with ranged aoe and sustain. Thieves can disengage with reliable stealth when under pressure. Mesmer provides boonstrip, strong cc, and useful team utility.

Power ranger does mediocre dps with limited sustain and no reliable utility. There is no reason to take a lb/gs over the glass equivalent of any other class. A shortbow spirit ranger will likely out dps a power ranger through bleed procs and burn provided by sun spirit, all while having an extremely strong set of core traits and team utility.

A settler or rabid spirit ranger might, carrion rangers usually take more damage than they dish out. It’s not like the two are gonna sit there and face tank each other, if they did the spirit ranger would win. The power ranger has stealth, CC, and range to help control that fight. Sure, the spirit ranger has dodges etc, but that doesn’t help when you can’t even get in range of the power ranger.

As for team fight. Spirit ranger just sucks man. Have fun watching your spirits A. bug out. B. Die because everyone has at least 15 might stacks and AoE. C. Get interrupted. Giving you no team support except a bit of protection, a bit of heals, a bit of burning. Which are all just overlap and a waste, your guy getting focused, he didn’t get the prot, because he’s been CC chained for the past 4 seconds, didn’t help him. The burning? Nah, your war has that covered with 24/7 combustive shot, your guard helps a bit too. The heals? We do have a waterfield, no one ever makes use of it and if the other team is any good, they’ll just kill you. DPS? what dps? Your bleeds don’t stick they get pulled to the top of the stack all the time and that’s pretty much all spirit ranger has.

There is NO REASON TO have a spirit ranger over ANY OTHER support/bruiser spec (war, engi, ele, DPS GUARD even) because all other classes bring WAY MORE to the table.

I would say there is more reason to bring a power ranger over X zerker than there is spirit ranger over X support/bruiser.

No other class can effectively pressure a target without ever getting into the fight.
Sure, necro has crazy dmg with lich, but it has to get into the fight to do damage while ranger can just do a bit less but from 100% safety.
Sure, thief can stealth up and disengage, but ranger can too with hunter’s shot, swoop, LR.
Sure, mesmer has portal and group CC and boon rip. Ranger has a bit of CC.

I look at this way, power ranger isn’t the best at anything besides damage from a safe distance. But it is kind of a jack of all trades. It has damage, it can have some cleave, it has aoe CC, it can peel great for teammates, it has an AoE condi clear for team, it has stealth, it has stab, it has decent mobility.

In the end, it’s hard to do damage when you’re dead. You won’t be dead at 1500 range.

(edited by Eurantien.4632)

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

The only maps where you can take full advantage of your superior range are legacy of the foefire and temple of the silent storm, even then you are still bothered by line of sight most of the times and in legacy there are basically no places that are safe from thieves (except those ninja ledges behind waterfall that helseth uses so often).
Battle of khylo is a 50/50 situation, sometimes the enemies have no ground-targeted teleports and you rain death from above all game long, sometimes you get jumped and downed outside of res range.

Aaaand spirit ranger has something to offer that no one else has, the spirit elite, it is arguable how reliable it is in its current state, still the combination of hps+cleanse+ress offered by spirit of nature is something unique to spirit rangers.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

In my experiences as a longbow gs ranger (Three Minutes)
Longbow #3 and #5 fail too much. IF they landed 100% of the time it would change a lot of fights at least for myself.

Onto the greatsword. #2 is easily dodged. #5 misses again in my experiences… latency will differ for everyone. The auto attack doesnt pose any sort of threat.

I use the greatsword as a defensive weapon, block and leap away (which will be easily countered by a average and above thief)
The only time i use it offensively is for the 3 crits off sigil of int, otherwise I really dont want to be in range to have damage done to me.

Is it viable? Hit and miss. Sure if left alone you can kill players or assist, who when specced for it cant?

Ive had games go well and bad… that being said it has its issues and ive given all hope on anet and just play what I find fun – for as long as its fun then I log out.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

This thread has been pretty informative and entertaining, even with the back and forth banter.

Ultimately I think it’s a wash. GS ranger is viable, yes, but the thing is that there are other Ranger builds better than that. And lets not even mention other professions who offer more than a GS ranger.

That’s not to say that GS ranger is useless, but it’s more of an indictment on the state of the GS ranger. It certainly could use improvement and/or retooling.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

This thread is full of misinformed biases and meta copy-pasta players who aren’t experienced enough to make a reasonable argument against zerker ranger. It’s a high risk, high reward build, just like any zerker build, and it takes a lot of skill, with a massive importance on timing and patience to play properly.

It is viable, it is powerful, it can compete in the current meta.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Dead Muppet.9718

Dead Muppet.9718

This thread is full of misinformed biases and meta copy-pasta players who aren’t experienced enough to make a reasonable argument against zerker ranger. It’s a high risk, high reward build, just like any zerker build, and it takes a lot of skill, with a massive importance on timing and patience to play properly.

It is viable, it is powerful, it can compete in the current meta.

GS Ranger would be shut down easily by a average or above thief. I wouldnt recommend bringing one over a thief for the role of assisting/roaming between points.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Honestly I feel like the topic is going off the track. I thought OP was talking about using GS as the main weapon, while everyone else was talking about LB instead.

Btw how long will it take before some people call LB build cheesy and brainless due to autoattack spam and ranging off-node.

(edited by Sarision.6347)

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Ryan.9387

In the end, it’s hard to do damage when you’re dead. You won’t be dead at 1500 range.

Don’t presume that the person playing spirit ranger doesn’t have the ability to play intelligently. They can shortbow from 900 range to keep spirits out of aoe, interrupt skills just like lb4, and can evade cc and attacks.

Your build is fully reliant on having a team act as a meat shield for you, coming to cc and chain any player trying to reach you. Power exists the enire match just an instant away from having a very bad time. One theif steal, one warrior evis, one signet of spite, or even a single mesmer pull off a ledge will result in near instant death.

Power cannot 1v1 a single meta build from any class against a skilled player. Your build is a liability in small scale fights, as you lack the sustain to take more than a single condi or power burst. All those disadvantages are brought in order to have a build that is mediocre at best in a coordinated team fight.

I want to run builds like gs/lb but they just don’t work. They are selfish builds that don’t provide enough to warrant their use. I’ve played power vs friends in duels for a good amount of time as well as on an alt and I very quickly noticed that while I may win early on, the moment my opponent figures out my toolkit I will be hard pressed even to survive.

Ranger | Elementalist

(edited by Ryan.9387)

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Eurantien.4632

Zerk war vs zerk ranger both with full cds = zerk ranger win.
cele d/d ele vs zerk ranger = 50/50
cele engi vs zerk ranger = ranger win.
condi necro vs zerk ranger = ranger win, unless necro is noscoc.

I’ve played and beaten the best on power ranger, I can no longer do that on spirit ranger (granted, I have recently had a huge boost in FPS which has been AMAZING and have yet to play spirit build with that…).

Power can decap too, which is something spirits can’t do.

Power ranger can cc twice as frequent as a sb ranger. Not only that, but it’s a knockback, meaning that X just got stunned for about 2s, and is now x amount of distance from where they need to be to do damage, taking them out of the fight. Power ranger can actually put serious pressure on a target while spirit ranger is just nuisance.

In a team fight, you can just ignore a spirit ranger, you can’t ignore a power ranger.

The 1500 range and dead thing was more @ other zerkers than spirit ranger.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Power rangers need team support… It makes sense, How else would you make a Megazord?

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Ragnar.3916

i just watched some of euras replays.
for me it looks like he is fighting npcs in the most situations, never saw peoples react so bad/slow (at least in the 2 replays i watched)

if that is really the skill level of the top 25 players in na soloq ladder
then power ranger is viable in na.

so i will never again complain power ranger is not viable (in na)

in eu it’s still food and a complete free kill.
never lost against any power ranger, it’s just impossible to lose vs a power ranger.
if someone lose vs a power ranger actually it’s a hard l2p issue or just a outnumbered situation.

Are GS rangers viable?

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

never lost against any power ranger

prepare yourself to be challenged by every single power ranger on the forum