Are Leaderboards being reset?

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

With the future implementation of SoloQ and TeamQ separation, splitting the leaderboards into 2, how will that affect the current rating?

Will the rating suffer a hard-reset, a soft-reset (like the one used in League every season), or no reset?

Are you going to keep the current rating for SoloQ and reset for TeamQ?

• I dont think this would be a good option because current rating is heavily inflated by playing with a premade team.

I do believe we will need some sort of reset when these changes take place, I know most top players won’t fully agree with this idea but half of the players on leaderboards are there for constantly playing with their team agaisnt solo’ers.

Keep the comments polite and constructive

(edited by Quickfoot Katana.8642)

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Soft reset is a type of reset that gravites everyone’s rating towards the average / starting rating. I think this would be the best solution. Can a Dev explain us what are they thinking of using?

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Most likely will be a hard reset until they come up with a seasonal system with better leaderboard ranking algorithms.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

• Are you throwing away the current leaderboard PvP ranking and creating 2 new ones?
  • Are you keeping the current ranking and moving it to TeamQ and fresh start for SoloQ leaderboard?

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

They pretty much have to reset current rating otherwise team que will be a no mans land. The we will have the same problems we had before ratings.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in PvP

Posted by: Zarock.8036

Zarock.8036

A reset for those who are in the top 200-100 like me without team (which is seen as the top 100 to 1, are teams) will be incorrect.

I get my rank solo or pug and not fixed and driven team (although I intend to join a top Eu). I think that this classification should be the solo ranking. Those who are team will no longer play solo and will gradually from the ladder (at ArenaNet said that those who no longer played down the ladder … Those who will play in that team disappear gradually from the ladder solo).

A new ranking team is required, but not reset the current standings.

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Zarock regardless of some players getting there without resorting to Premading, most of them did, and that means the curent rankings are heavily inflated.

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Rating was already flawed since the introduced it regardless how the calculated. They need to reset everything and start fresh.

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

Yeah, they should reset it

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

It’s strange when you got a leaderboard without visible ratings. This leads to the following question: Why invisible rating, when the system works proper? I come to the same answer as Authority: Something in the system is flawed.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Akkuma.2501

Akkuma.2501

It’s strange when you got a leaderboard without visible ratings. This leads to the following question: Why invisible rating, when the system works proper? I come to the same answer as Authority: Something in the system is flawed.

The leaderboard is obviously extremely flawed. There are people who are sitting there for months without having played who move up the leaderboard by not even playing the game. A guy on my team looked up a friend who apparently has 70% or so win rate yet is at 45% or so with a good deal of wins, yet you have accounts with 14-3 in the top 10.

in PvP

Quickfoot Katana.8642

The leaderboard is obviously extremely flawed. There are people who are sitting there for months without having played who move up the leaderboard by not even playing the game. A guy on my team looked up a friend who apparently has 70% or so win rate yet is at 45% or so with a good deal of wins, yet you have accounts with 14-3 in the top 10.

People can move up the leaderboard without playing if the surrounding players drop down. Its quite simple really.

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

solo que in the top 100 lol I need a eu account.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol