Are Necroes Our Saviors?

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I feel like necroes are getting the buffs they’re getting because they will be the ones to stop a possible overflow of bunkers… I feel like their changes were made purely for that reason. 15 second corrupt boon? Scepter boon corruption? We’ll see soon enough…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

I feel like necroes are getting the buffs they’re getting because they will be the ones to stop a possible overflow of bunkers… I feel like their changes were made purely for that reason. 15 second corrupt boon? Scepter boon corruption? We’ll see soon enough…

What overflow of bunkers?
They’re removing most (all?) the amulets bunkers use.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Just saw that.

Hooray! Long overdue changes are finally happening.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Yeah, YAY!
There’s nothing to stop the power creep from decimating this game.

I’ll have to send my apologies to the BDO and B&S fanboys. Because I’m likely to join them.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Quaman.9167

Quaman.9167

Boon corruption spam to counter boon spam thats been going on for a while now. Not very skillful, but then again neither will the the extreme burst out of stealth from thieves or Bruiser scrappers possibly running mercenary amulet.

At least it looks like the meta will speed up

I like video games

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

mrauls.6519

Good luck w those games.

Personally I was getting tired of people wearing celestial type amulets… Fighting should be worrying to stay alive because you know mistakes could be fatal if your opponent plays right

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Good luck w those games.

Personally I was getting tired of people wearing celestial type amulets… Fighting should be worrying to stay alive because you know mistakes could be fatal if your opponent plays right

Or that you could be 100-0’d with little no warning, by an unblockable bassy-venom.

Dear god, bassy venom is unblockable now…
Just letting that sink into my soul for a moment…

Oh but don’t worry, at least you won’t have bunkers! Rite guise? Rite?

Dying in 0.1 seconds is TOTALLY MORE FUN THAN UNKILLABLE FOES, RITE?? RITE??

WRONG

DEAD WRONG

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

There is a pretty good chance that Necro’s will be the next meta and will be regarded as OP.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Good luck w those games.

Or that you could be 100-0’d with little no warning, by an unblockable bassy-venom.

WRONG

DEAD WRONG

I think you’re being hysterical, but i have to admit i felt a great sense of dread when they mentioned unblockable basiliks venom.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

There is a pretty good chance that Necro’s will be the next meta and will be regarded as OP.

So much this, this kittening cycle always happens.

Stella Truth Seeker

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Good luck w those games.

WRONG

DEAD WRONG

I think you’re being hysterical, but i have to admit i felt a great sense of dread when they mentioned unblockable basiliks venom.

What part of that is being hysterical?

They’re removing build diversity, on top of buffing a class’s damage that already had insane burst damage.
The problem with thief was that it couldn’t survive well in a fight against bunkers.

So, what does ANet do?

Delete all current bunker builds by removing their amulets, give the thief a passive evasion, and make bassy venom unblockable.

Like, Bassy venom wasn’t already strong enough.

Like blocks weren’t already weak enough.

Oh, but lets make Well of Precog a block instead of invuln, so it can be useless against all of the unblockable attacks that necros pump out in WvW.

Hysterical? Really?

ANet’s REMOVING MORE FREAKING BUILD VARIETY FROM THE GAME, AND I’M HYSTERICAL?

No mate.
I’m kittened.

I’m furious.

And I’m even more furious that people are actually praising the removal of build variety.

Like it’s a good thing.

Can’t balance something? Remove it.

I hope I’m wrong.

I actually do.

Because if I’m not, kitten this game.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Yes, Necro’s have been silently bidding thier time to rise. This is why Anet has feared us so. They have tried to keep us down, they have done everything to stop us.

But we are an unstoppable force, we will devour you all and in the end you will crawl crying under your beds hiding from the dark shadows that move outside your window.

YOUR DAY OF RECKONING HAS ARRIVED BOON LOVERS.

(okay I just couldnt help it. Just kidding… maybe)

Or we might just have a cookie party. Who really knows.

(edited by Nightshade.2570)

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Hannibal.5739

Hannibal.5739

If ur getting this kittened about what happens in a video game i think u need a new hobby

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

The real question is: What class is going to counter the boon corruption spam necros? I see no reason not to run the mercenary amulet (pow/con/tough/vit) scepter/staff with spite/curses/reaper with consume conditions, corrupt boon, spectral armor, poison cloud and plague form. More boon removal spam than ever before with defense against projectiles (cloud + shroud 2) and pulsing stability (plague + shroud 3).

If you are a class with boons and you try to fight a boon corruption spam necro you will lose regardless of skill level. There will simply be too much corruption to deal with. Basically, you won’t want to use conditions or boons to fight such a necro.
It will have to be a class with no/very little boons with good damage and survivability. You will need pure damage, which is still a problem because of a necromancers weakness uptime and protection on spectral armor.

I suspect mesmer will still be the best for spiking down necros. Corrupt boon will be useless if the opponent has no boons to corrupt.

Could possibly be warriors too but that depends on the changes they receive. Maybe shout warriors with berserker stance? Might sound ridiculous to even mention but fresh air eles? They are getting a buff. Not sure if they have good enough condition removal, though.

(edited by Zefrost.3425)

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

If ur getting this kittened about what happens in a video game i think u need a new hobby

No, If you don’t understand what a joke is, I think you need a new hobby.

What I wrote was purely for fun Hence the cookie party at the end.

Pst, he wasn’t talking to you. Look at the post above yours. ;-P

LOL Yeah I saw it removed my post. However!

I am just saying… Cookie party

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

If ur getting this kittened about what happened to your favorite arts & crafts store I think you need a new hobby.
Perhaps you should take up gaming?

You see how that just doesn’t work?

Yeah, I’m frustrated that the devs took something I legitimately enjoyed, and appear to be destroying it.
Is that so unbelievable?
Are you actually that detached from your hobbies?

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Good luck w those games.

WRONG

DEAD WRONG

Pretty much this as I’ve been arguing over this since launch. Instagibbing should never be a thing.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

*The real question is: What class is going to counter the boon corruption spam necros? *

Might not be intuitive but power rev. Glint could goad reaper into boon corrupting protection and stability after dodge, then the rev consumes facet to bait a dodge or at the very least makes the reaper reposition himself. The rev then switches to Shiro.

Likewise daredevil can dodge to cleanse crowd control effects and can jump in and out of the reaper’s range. With lots of powerful conditions builds that rely heavily on conditions need a counter.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213

Good thief will be as always good counter to necros.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Unless they mentioned a backstab buff, having basilisk making the next two attacks unlockable means very little. Doesn’t change the fact that the thief either ends the fight in a second or two or dies/runs. In either case, it’ll be a very short battle. If he holds onto basilisk instead of opening with it, you simply have to hold onto your heal. Personally, I don’t have an issue with this. My real gripe is that if we somehow guess correctly and dodge his backstab, he gets to simply run after us spamming 1 until it lands.

Also, complaining about venomous aura…? Really…?

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

This. Nothing will stop their conditions now.

Are Necroes Our Saviors?

in PvP

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Unless they mentioned a backstab buff, having basilisk making the next two attacks unlockable means very little. Doesn’t change the fact that the thief either ends the fight in a second or two or dies/runs. In either case, it’ll be a very short battle. If he holds onto basilisk instead of opening with it, you simply have to hold onto your heal. Personally, I don’t have an issue with this. My real gripe is that if we somehow guess correctly and dodge his backstab, he gets to simply run after us spamming 1 until it lands.

Also, complaining about venomous aura…? Really…?

Unblockable bassy venom means thieves get to kill their natural counter (guards) on their heal.
Unblockable bassy venom means mesmer shield is even less useful…

And while I haven’t seen anyone complain about venomous aura on this thread, venom share wells are OP in WvW.
Granted, it’s been nerfed before. But it’s still really really powerful.