Are good mesmers unbeatable 1v1?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Legit question not going to kitten and moan about how OP the class is just wondering if its even possible?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

No they are not, there are many classes/spec that can win easly against a mesmer, even if the mesmer is more skilled.

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

in PvP

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

No good mesmer’s are not unbeatable 1v1 and they got a greatsword damage nerf yesterday.

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

No, they are strong duelists, but to more experienced players who know the tells and typical mesmer strategies they can be overcome.

I will say that they are typically many people’s worst 1v1 matchup, but it is definitely not an impossible fight on any profession.

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

If you wouldn’t mind elaborating lol. I can understand the answer is out there. However it doesn’t seem that simple. As X class beats mesmer consistently. There are few hard counters and the elusiveness f the responses might be because of the general nature of the question (that’s my fault).

Outside of mantra support I cant think of or have seen a hard counter for daze, shatter (mind wrack), or confusion builds. I am not so much in search for an answer for my main (D/D ele) but one in general.

Edit:
BTW I don’t actually think mesmers are OP much like thieves the offset is the limited utility in pve and the general lack of strong AoE. Not so much a QQ and since I don’t plan to change my build this is more of a quandary overall.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

I don’t feel like doing a wall of text about each class and what can you play vs mesmers, so i’ll just give you three true facts:

D/D is good vs mesmers, i remember Eve is mad running it, he was one of the few people i had an hard time winning 1v1, not even mesmers from other top teams gave me such close fights.

Scepter/D support tanky, is a nightmare to down.

If you want something less skill demanding, PNecro is the top choice, you should never lose 1v1 against a mesmer.

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

YES

and here is why i dont lose 1v1
1. i am super skilled
2. i am super awesome
3. i am super cute
and last but not least if i have a doubt about the fight i am in I have a portal to get me the f out of there.

so yes i am a mesmer and i will tell you the truth. i am unbeatable 1v1

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

OP, I’m also a D/D Ele. All I can tell you is that we are fairly evenly matched, so if you are of even skill level it’s going to be a very close fight. I can’t think of why any one class would have a leg up in this situation. It comes down to who is the better player overall, and who makes the fewest mistakes IMO.

This was a duel I had with a mesmer just for reference. Not the best gameplay, I made a lot of mistakes, but still it was a fun fight. Hope maybe that helps a bit.

in PvP

Posted by: Teabaker.9524

Teabaker.9524

For a beginner yes. However, after a while you will know which one is the real one and you will understand the different speccs. They will still (probably) win most duels but they aren’t unbeatable (Unlike D/D bunker eles).

in PvP

Posted by: Felme.9638

Felme.9638

Basically, Mesmer is just one of the couple strongest dueling classes in the game if you build for it.

I think there is a perception the class is stronger than it really is because it’s easily the hardest class for noobies to learn how to fight. When I fight someone who knows how to leverage their abilities against my cool downs the fights are a lot closer.

That said, something you’ll find consistently throughout the game is that trying to run glass cannon or full bunker against 1v1 builds is an exercise in futility. Almost every time I solo queue for a tournament I get thrown in with 4 glass cannon dps which gives me a good enough idea about what most players like to run.

Regarding Mesmers specifically, no matter what build they’re playing they’re weak against conditions. The tankier Mesmer builds that chain chaos armor for protection and regen—what I typically run—are also weak against boon removal (though you only get that from Necros and other Mesmers). Now the thing with 1v1 builds is that they tend to have pretty good damage for how tanky they are so that doesn’t necessarily make condition classes my hard counter in 1v1.

Necros, Engies, and trap Rangers are the big condition classes to worry about but I still tend to beat them 1v1 through attrition and some good timing on Null Field although it does tend to depend on their builds. The absolute worst scenario for me is to be forced into holding a node while a condi class is raining small pox down from a ledge or off point somewhere which making 1v2 or 2v2 extremely challenging.

in PvP

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

i main ranger. it has only been about a month that after a couple duels, you can really see the weakness in mesmers if you can distance yourself and set up.

in general, take out the duelist and the beserker first. after that try and find the real mesmer. once you do keep your eye on that mesmer and don’t lose sight of him. if you lose sight of him fall back, test each clone and when you find the real one unload your conditions on him.

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Yes shatter mesmers are one of the strongest specs in the game right now and a tough match up for a lot of builds (I’d say pretty kitten OP!), but they’re still vulnerable to smart play. Try playing one yourself, I main a Guardian bunker in tPvP, but my off role is a shatter mesmer. Because I know the class inside out, I also have an easier time against them.

The thing about shatter mesmers is that like 100b warriors, their burst sequence is extremely predictable. It always starts with duelist, dodge roll for another clone, illusionary leap > swap to blurred frenzy + mindwrack. That is because for optimum burst conditions, they need 3 illusions out and most likely will spend their time on staff pressuring and waiting for sword/pistol cool downs when not bursting.

A lot of times in tournaments, shatter mesmers play like semi-roamers and thus join a fight that has already initiated. A lot of them to make room for portals do not run a single condition removal.

TLDR: Pop your invul/OH kitten when the mesmer swaps onto you. Dodging the illusions running at you to mindwrack will also greatly reduce their burst.

Last note: if you front load all your cool downs, you WILL lose (I’m looking at you pistol whip thieves and 100b warriors), Mesmers have the shortest cds on stun breaks and what not (kitten distortion), if they have any of that up to negate your kill combo with, you’re boned. The only way to reliably harm the mesmer is to bait out its CDs and THEN go for the kill. THIEVES don’t burn all your initiative on their distortion!

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

That’s not what I remember…

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Just play a thief, you are unbeatable in pretty much every fight.*

*Note I didn’t say you would win, just that you’re unbeatable. A good thief pretty much never dies. You may not kill your opponent but you don’t lose either. Very few classes have the ability to stop a thief from escaping a fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

No they are not. I play a ranger. I just use a 1 handed sword and stay focused on the real mesmer (which is easy with the auto attack that roots you to the target). If I lose them (like when they blink and summon a clone at their location). I just switch to axe and I am bound to hit them with a bounce until i figure out the real one. With enough condition removal mesmers aren’t hard at all. Then again. I have not lost a 1 on 1 since adjusting the new build (you don’t need to comment on the 1 on 1 part, if you wanna test it out message me in game! I love to duel).

I’d say as long as you know that the mesmer is the one with the boons, the one moving sideways, the one rolling, remember where their health is then the fights are much easier. Getting them dazed or knocked down after a dodge roll is nice too as it prevents them from casting more clones. Turning off enemy names in the options menu is good too. Doesn’t work 100% of the time but most of the time you only see the PLAYER name.

in PvP

Posted by: tiboi.3108

tiboi.3108

YES

and here is why i dont lose 1v1
1. i am super skilled
2. i am super awesome
3. i am super cute
and last but not least if i have a doubt about the fight i am in I have a portal to get me the f out of there.

lol, this is probably the answer I was looking for when retiring my ranger…

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

Yes shatter mesmers are one of the strongest specs in the game right now and a tough match up for a lot of builds (I’d say pretty kitten OP!), but they’re still vulnerable to smart play. Try playing one yourself, I main a Guardian bunker in tPvP, but my off role is a shatter mesmer. Because I know the class inside out, I also have an easier time against them.

The thing about shatter mesmers is that like 100b warriors, their burst sequence is extremely predictable. It always starts with duelist, dodge roll for another clone, illusionary leap > swap to blurred frenzy + mindwrack. That is because for optimum burst conditions, they need 3 illusions out and most likely will spend their time on staff pressuring and waiting for sword/pistol cool downs when not bursting.

A lot of times in tournaments, shatter mesmers play like semi-roamers and thus join a fight that has already initiated. A lot of them to make room for portals do not run a single condition removal.

TLDR: Pop your invul/OH kitten when the mesmer swaps onto you. Dodging the illusions running at you to mindwrack will also greatly reduce their burst.

Last note: if you front load all your cool downs, you WILL lose (I’m looking at you pistol whip thieves and 100b warriors), Mesmers have the shortest cds on stun breaks and what not (kitten distortion), if they have any of that up to negate your kill combo with, you’re boned. The only way to reliably harm the mesmer is to bait out its CDs and THEN go for the kill. THIEVES don’t burn all your initiative on their distortion!

Thank you this is pretty much what I was wondering. I had noticed the short cd stun breaks so I wondered if there was even a counter.

For the record I am actually aware that DD ele is good vs just about anything (I have never played bunker so I don’t know about it and I have no glass cannons so dont know much about that either (PVT balanced build)). I also realize mesmer duels will be close. Much like I said in an earlier post its just theory crafting folks not ele vs mesmer. I have no intention of changing the way I play.

Thank you for the responses but instead of worrying about the class I play I was actually wondering if there was a hard counter for mesmer 1v1.

Edit:

Just play a thief, you are unbeatable in pretty much every fight.*

*Note I didn’t say you would win, just that you’re unbeatable. A good thief pretty much never dies. You may not kill your opponent but you don’t lose either. Very few classes have the ability to stop a thief from escaping a fight.

Actually lol D/D ele is somewhat the same in that regard. While stealth is the strongest way to get out of a fight I would argue that I play the most mobile build in the game. So I actually understand that idea. In an earlier thread in the ele forums this was discussed. I actually argue that fights between D/D ele, mesmer, and any thief build other than pure burst BS would if at any point one person wished to end in a draw.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

It’s tough to fight a mesmer because

1:You’re dealing with a class that have clones with a smart AI sytem

2: Even if you ignore the clones or destroy them they do a lot of damage and leaves conditions on you and if you’re a warrior class it is game over because they do not have passive condition removal skills.

3: Depend what weapon they use you’ll always have issue with the sword immune damage dash attack.

4: Just like thieves except worst they have teleport break stun abilities and can switch to a clone position while leaving a clone from where they teleport from.

It’s pretty much a one man army class just like a bunker ele, guardian or engineer.

I think the only class that can stand a chance against them are necros, thieves and engineers from my perspective.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Noctred.6732

Noctred.6732

It always starts with duelist, dodge roll for another clone, illusionary leap > swap to blurred frenzy + mindwrack.

Depends on whether or not they’re running mirror images.

Typically you’ll get diversion shattered inside a leap first, and then while that’s happening you’ll eat a full mind wrack w/ mirror images – all within 2 seconds or so. That way it’s usually impossible to immune the damage unless you preemptively immune or otherwise avoid the diversion.

Sometimes the mesmer will just stand on your head and instantly quad mind wrack w/ mirror images without ever using leap if he knows that you’re just gonna immune it. Works well on ele’s.

(edited by Noctred.6732)

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

They can be beat but that doesn’t mean they’re not an anti-fun class.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

If it’s the sword + pistol/ staff build based on shatter, I would say yes.

Greatsword builds have never been crazy strong since beta one and are pretty balanced overall. Most of the mesmer’s problematic builds have stemmed from the staff, such as staff bunkers, and the shatter build.

For a list of reasons why the shatter build is so hard to play against:

Shatters outside of distortion animate the same until the clones pop. You have to notice which one is headed your way by looking for the shatter animation the mesmer makes due to illusionary persona.

Shatters can be used at any time and cannot be interrupted.

The shatter combo for the main damage can be used every 10-12s, meaning even if they whiff the first, they don’t have to wait long to try again. The build is one of the few burst builds that actually becomes more dangerous the longer the fight progresses thanks to the fact it can stack might, and put large amounts of vulnerability on a target.

The build takes advantage of the mesmer’s innate defensive ability though use of distortion to avoid damage, and diversion to interrupt key skills.

The staff is a very powerful defensive weapon. Between phase retreat, chaos armor, and chaos storm it can be difficult to pin down the mesmer or effectively engage them. Staff clones are dangerous thanks to the random burning they inflict. It easily protects a mesmer while they prepare to shatter again.

Illusionary leap > swap is awkward to avoid. Since destroying the clone doesn’t prevent swap, and swap immobilizes in an area. Immobilize means you can’t dodge, requiring invulnerability, or condition removal with stability. Condition removal on its own tends to fail cause the mesmer will diversion to prevent it.

Blurred frenzy may not deal absurd damage like it used to, but it is still amazing since it can be used to simply avoid counter attacks. A mesmer who is shattering a teammate literally cannot be stopped from doing so. This means that the burst is safe, no risk taken.

If anything should be changed, its probably the staff (needs a rework), and illusionary leap + swap, since the immobilize forces you to eat the shatter damage. Other shatter builds, such as greatsword shatter may be powerful, but the damage is at least reasonably avoidable.

in PvP

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

if you can dodge the mind wracks, then no, theyre not unbeatable.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in PvP

Posted by: denyitbattle.2609

denyitbattle.2609

In a typical game, I don’t think they are unbeatable at all. Most mesmers, particularly the best builds (shantasm is what I play), will be set up to handle conditions very well. Caltrops thieves can be hard to deal with (especially before stealth was fixed), obviously certain necros, good trap rangers, cnd eng… they can all cause some issues.

However, if the mesmer is particularly good and sees you from a little ways off, he can switch up his abilities to cnd mitigation and then becomes more than an even match for all the above.

As people have said D/D eles can stand up pretty well 1v1 as well.

Funnily the most trouble I had with is a really good D/D pet necro. He did a good job dodging my shatters and all the pets/minions he had coming at me sustained dmg enough that my evasion wasn’t very effective.

in PvP

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Mesmers beat bad players like a pulp, but they are balanced against good players who know how to react to them and spot the right one.

Learn to dodge their blurred frenzy + shatter combo, and you have the upper hand. If you see a clone quickly run up to you, its time to dodge.

in PvP

Posted by: Atomic Sharks.7250

Atomic Sharks.7250

OP, I’m also a D/D Ele. All I can tell you is that we are fairly evenly matched, so if you are of even skill level it’s going to be a very close fight. I can’t think of why any one class would have a leg up in this situation. It comes down to who is the better player overall, and who makes the fewest mistakes IMO.

This was a duel I had with a mesmer just for reference. Not the best gameplay, I made a lot of mistakes, but still it was a fun fight. Hope maybe that helps a bit.

sorta looks like my fight but mine was longer, try the entire match length just me and the mesmer just going back and forth between nearly killing each other we nearly killed each other multiple times, it was a really really close fight, few mistakes were made, and mos that were made were made at a time where it wouldn’t be disastrous staff condition and support ele here

in PvP

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

Invis thiefs should never loose to a mesmer if they are both good for instance. Can’t summon illusions without a target or burning dodge roles if you’re specced for it.

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

sorta looks like my fight but mine was longer, try the entire match length just me and the mesmer just going back and forth between nearly killing each other we nearly killed each other multiple times, it was a really really close fight, few mistakes were made, and mos that were made were made at a time where it wouldn’t be disastrous staff condition and support ele here

A warrior wouldn’t even last that long in that type of fight especially with all those supporting boons and maintaining the health high.

Call it skills or not…I can say a warrior is outclassed in that type of fight.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

I rolled a mesmer after getting sick of my Necro. I’m much better at killing mesmers on my necro now, know what to look for.

Really wish Anet would kittening make a duel option so you did not have to make a class and play a ton of games to learn how to counter them and what to look for.

Two ways to beat a mes, heavy AoE damage or finding the real mes.

pro tip: Clones do not move backwards or sideways, enjoy.
second tip: When all the clones run up to you, dodge/block.

Good thiefs will never lose to a mesmer.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

(edited by Xom.9264)

in PvP

Posted by: Dexxer.3174

Dexxer.3174

;-) like the tread
iam a mesmer. will not use my elite in the fight (more balance for you)
Anyone want to challenge me ? best of 3.
Loser has to pay 10 silver to the winner!

Some one accept my challenge ?

I am eu 8-11 pm gmt1

in PvP

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

Mesmers are already making WvW less fun with portals, and making 5v5 and 8v8 less fun by being the worst offender in all the annoying pet/clone spam.

Why shouldn’t they ruin some future 1v1 dueling system to? It’s a trifecta!

in PvP

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

I PvP mainly D/D or S/D ele. I used to hate mesmers, so I made one That helped a lot. I have a lvl 60 mesmer still in PvE, but what it’s taught me is how to keep an eye on the mesmer itself and not get sidetracked by clones, where the mesmer goes when different clones are spawned. Arcane shield is also nice to keep in your back pocket when the mes does decide to send all those clones at you.

If you keep an eye on the mes themselves, it eliminates the “confusion by clones” effect. And mesmers are pretty squishy if you can get through retribution and their clones and stay on them.

I’d say 1v1 a mesmer is much easier to take down than 2v2 or more, the more people on screen, the harder it is to keep track of the mes themselves and can get more sidetracked by clones.

in PvP

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

It’s to make sure that questions like this remain in the realm of theory craft, that we don’t have, and most likely won’t get, a 1 v 1 arena with a leaderboard / ladder etc.

Anything that categorically highlights class imbalance is always going to be a headache for the developer.

The reality is, that if we did have a way to measure relative class performance there is no way that with the breadth of different class play styles and abilities that we currently have that there wouldn’t be clear winners and losers.

There will probably always be, but the important thing is the margin by which certain classes prevail in certain functions. My personal opinion is that even with regards to the margins, the current state of the game wouldn’t look too healthy given objective ways to measure it.

(edited by Rez.8016)

in PvP

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

It’s to make sure that questions like this remain in the realm of theory craft, that we don’t have, and most likely won’t get, a 1 v 1 arena with a leaderboard / ladder etc.

Anything that categorically highlights class imbalance is always going to be a headache for the developer.

The reality is, that if we did have a way to measure relative class performance there is no way that with the breadth of different class play styles and abilities that we currently have that there wouldn’t be clear winners and losers.

There will probably always be, but the important thing is the margin by which certain classes prevail in certain functions. My personal opinion is that even with regards to the margins, the current state of the game wouldn’t look too healthy given objective ways to measure it.

I would actually imagine to the contrary. Dueling would provide false empirical evidence that the game is unbalanced.

1v1 is rarely fair in exchange for a more healthy team game. You saw this when WoW decided to stop balancing around 2s. You can see this right now by picking a support in LoL or Dota and pvp’ing a ganker. You can see it in TF2 by picking a medic vs a soldier.

Skill will play a large factor in these MUs, but ultimately most team games are balanced away from 1v1s not toward them.

I would say the existence of both 5 and 8s at this point represents a bigger threat to the health of the game than 1 class consistently losing to another class.

That said, I support duels and see it is a huge ball-drop that it wasn’t included on release. They are fun distractions and can help you learn other classes quite well.

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

No matter how much you want to justify this class. Teleports, clones that does damage, explodes and does damage when you kill them. stealth and evasive sword attack. Maybe if their illusions didn’t share the same benefits as their user then it probably can be somewhat balance. Sticking on the mesmer ignoring the clones will always be hard for certain classes especially the one that starts with a W.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

No matter how much you want to justify this class. Teleports, clones that does damage, explodes and does damage when you kill them. stealth and evasive sword attack. Maybe if their illusions didn’t share the same benefits as their user then it probably can be somewhat balance. Sticking on the mesmer ignoring the clones will always be hard for certain classes especially the one that starts with a W.

All dat clone damage brah.
You should probably try playing the rest of the 8 classes instead of sitting on the class that starts with a W.

in PvP

Brutalistik.6473

All dat clone damage brah.
You should probably try playing the rest of the 8 classes instead of sitting on the class that starts with a W.

Well it’s a good thing I play other classes right? still doesn’t change the scenario for W though.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

As a DD Ele it’s not so much about who wins the fight but the fact that thieves and mesmers both can choose to run away more effectively when it looks bad for them. I’ve not done copious amounts of sPVP and had no problems with the thieves or mesmers I encountered in that game mode.

I have however encountered two players in WvW that were extremely challenging 1v1 and beat me extremely hard. The first was an exceptional thief, extremely fast gameplay, fantastic positioning, good survivability and kitten good dps. The second was a Vizunah Square Mesmer, think he was running a shatter build with a massive amount of condition damage due to the damage I was taking from confusion and he used null field at the perfect time, I couldn’t beat him at all and take my hat off to them both.

The vast majority of other Mesmers & Thieves have run away or retreated into friendly npc zones for protection (I’ll admit I don’t give a kitten and still chase them, not smart but who cares if I’m aware of the trap).

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in PvP

RinKyu.4317

As a DD Ele it’s not so much about who wins the fight but the fact that thieves and mesmers both can choose to run away more effectively when it looks bad for them. I’ve not done copious amounts of sPVP and had no problems with the thieves or mesmers I encountered in that game mode.

I have however encountered two players in WvW that were extremely challenging 1v1 and beat me extremely hard. The first was an exceptional thief, extremely fast gameplay, fantastic positioning, good survivability and kitten good dps. The second was a Vizunah Square Mesmer, think he was running a shatter build with a massive amount of condition damage due to the damage I was taking from confusion and he used null field at the perfect time, I couldn’t beat him at all and take my hat off to them both.

The vast majority of other Mesmers & Thieves have run away or retreated into friendly npc zones for protection (I’ll admit I don’t give a kitten and still chase them, not smart but who cares if I’m aware of the trap).

Needs more Ride the Lightning and Chilling Aura imo.

in PvP

MarzAttakz.9608

Because they’re never on cooldown hmm and people don’t stealth then line of sight before running? But thanks for the fantastic advice!

in PvP

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Because they’re never on cooldown hmm and people don’t stealth then line of sight before running? But thanks for the fantastic advice!

Dude, don’t kid yourself. I got a d/d ele also as my secondary (main is warrior) and i can run from ANYTHING on that ele. Perma swiftness, vigor, ride the lightning, shocking aura, burning speed, frozen blast, mist form, arcane shield, lightning flash…… all of these are tools that can help you escape. At worst they buy you time until ride the lightning is back up and ready for use….

Its stupidly easy to get away as an ele. Mesmer doesn’t even get swiftness that easily; they got some nice tricks to confuse you, but when kitten hits the fan, my d/d ele will be zooming her butt outta the fight way easier than any other class lol.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in PvP

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

About the only area where Mesmer is OP is underwater, and that’s really only one map. On dry land they have very little in the way of speed even if they are confusing as kitten at times. They are tough to kill, yes, but not near as bad as the frigging thief.

It’s the 6th, and I only got my Thief kill today for the monthly. I got everything else in the first of the daily achievements.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in PvP

MarzAttakz.9608

You see Recently it is simply a difference of mindset, if an opponent is good enough to get close to beating me I have no problem not running away and letting them get the kill. They deserve it in my opinion.

I will routinely use the same tricks to get away from a GROUP but what I said applies to giving chase to a stealthed runner not being the runner yourself. Just different perspectives to fights I guess and a general statement that most players prefer to run and don’t give a toss about honour.

Not even asking for any class changes just making a general statement.

in PvP

RinKyu.4317

You see Recently it is simply a difference of mindset, if an opponent is good enough to get close to beating me I have no problem not running away and letting them get the kill. They deserve it in my opinion.

I will routinely use the same tricks to get away from a GROUP but what I said applies to giving chase to a stealthed runner not being the runner yourself. Just different perspectives to fights I guess and a general statement that most players prefer to run and don’t give a toss about honour.

Not even asking for any class changes just making a general statement.

So in the end it’s not about balance, like you first implied, but your own perceived “honour”.

in PvP

MarzAttakz.9608

Did I kitten about balance? Learn to read man, have I asked for any changes. Have called anything OP. No. I simply said they can choose to run away more effectively and by that I meant stealth gives a far greater chance of confusing the opposing player by you know being “invisible” instead of a bright glowing ball of sparks and a blue glowing trail of mist.

Yes I consider it honourable to allow the better player to get the kill, it’s my way of paying tribute to them instead of turning tail and running like a little girl. It’s called a “good fight” something the majority don’t seem to care about anymore these days. It’s only about winning to you isn’t it?

in PvP

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

It’s very difficult for me playing as a Guardian. The only way I can stay alive is to go full bunker in which none of us dies.

in PvP

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

From my personal experience its mesmers with the staff, even non bunker, tend to be the hardest to kill. Chaos armor and chaos storm are very strong due to their double swing of the mesmer getting many defensive boons, and the attacker getting conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Sword/x and staff is a pretty unbeatable combo on mesmer at the moment. Even if you down the mesmer you have a good chance of not winning the fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

The problem is that Mesmers have all of GWs combat mechanic advantages in one package.

Teleports, Stealth and mass Clones.
Clones that can intercept damage, confuse the enemy over who the real Mesmer is or be set to detonate simultaneously for spike damage.

Easy to re-summon and build up a pack again.

Finding the original Mesmer and marking them isn’t enough as they have several ways to go into stealth and cause you to lose your marked target.
This is a bad mechanic really as it’s already enough to try and find the Mesmer against one that’s well prepared, the fact they not only get to reset the fight with stealth to their advantage with positioning and cooldowns but also get to remove the target above their head makes it even easier when 1v1.

Mesmers have spike, great damage avoidance with Distortion, (access to this is far too common with Blurred Frenzy). Stealth, Teleports.

Great access to inflicting conditions, easy access to boons, and teleports to disengage easy (as if fighting as one wasn’t easy enough already).

They can set people up to spike with immobilise, Mind Wrack bomb and Blurred Frenzy far too often (and of course during this they are immune to damage).

GW2 Professions each get a slice of cake while the Mesmer gets a whole cake to themselves.

in PvP

Posted by: Dexxer.3174

Dexxer.3174

Mesmers have 2 viable.builds for tpvp.
Most other clases have also 2. some only 1 some more…
give me a class that has a disadvantage in the current meta. that it cant be played ?
Because there is no one.. so whats the point in nerving 1vs1 wjen its a team game balanced for 5vs5 capture the point ?
At current balqnce every class jas its place… and mesmers place is the 1vs1 battle for phantasm buold and roaming burst damage role for shatter…
Nerving one od this will just provide inbalancing