Are new Elites getting buffed?

in PvP

Posted by: Luclinraider.2317

Luclinraider.2317

I hate to see such a large part of this expansion, (Our new elites), already being put up on the shelf.

This last day of demo I saw pretty much every class with the exception of Scourge go back to their HoT specs because all of the new specs except necro just seem so weak when compared to their HoT Elite. Spellbreaker I still saw a few of, and some dead eye’s….but DD just massacres DE…..so most people I know who play thief’s, including myself, all just went back to DD already.

Are we going to see some significant changed in a majority of these classes to make the new elites worth running…or are they just DOA.

If so….maybe take them off the content list for this expansion? It’s like selling alpha access….here some stuff….it’s unplayable….but here it is!

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The problem with this game is that it severely lack emphasize on skill/trait balancing. The classes are the core of the game. Yet they spend so little resource on balancing it and preventing the metagame become stale.

For the new set of elite specs, it is pretty obvious they are very cautious with their power level as the HoT ones have been too good during launch and went through quite a bit nerfs afterwards.

However, the better way to do things is actually to overtune things at the start and then nerf them down to balance things. But Anet’s balance patches are always so small and so infrequent. It takes forever for them to actually change something meaningful. So they do not dare to overtune things as it will take forever to balance them.

So now we have quite a few underwhelming elite specs. God knows how long it will take for Anet to bring them to a reasonable power level. IMHO, this situation will be even worse than those OP HoT specs at launch. At least, the OP specs kept players interested. Now most players will just go back to the same old specs for another half a year.

Really disappointing…

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

When they reduced the build variety from 5 lines to 3 lines they really destroyed the best potential for gameplay.

I told them then and they said “it’s too soon to tell”, but it was obvious that they instantly broke variety and balance.

in PvP

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

When they reduced the build variety from 5 lines to 3 lines they really destroyed the best potential for gameplay.

I told them then and they said “it’s too soon to tell”, but it was obvious that they instantly broke variety and balance.

This so much. If they had just made a 6th slot for the elite spec and left you with enough points to fill three trait lines the build diversity would be through the roof right now. Anyone could see that going in except Anet. But we won’t go back to that because Anet isn’t good about saying they messed up

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in PvP

Posted by: Yogmondminer.5173

Yogmondminer.5173

Oh great the same old story of “Necro OP”. Is that seriously happening again because im kindof tired of having my favourite class nerfed in every way it can be.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Oh great the same old story of “Necro OP”. Is that seriously happening again because im kindof tired of having my favourite class nerfed in every way it can be.

And we’re kind of tired of Scourge littering the cap point with AoE’s that apply a ton of conditions instantly.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

PoF elite specs are about where they need to be in terms of power. Scourge is overtuned and had bugs and holosmith photon forge damage was overtuned. The ones which didn’t last through Sunday were just bad mechanically or had too many bugs.

If anything, HoT elites specs need some nerfs. Now that they aren’t the new thing, I can see it being more likely to happen.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz