Are profession dailies farm servers allowed?

in PvP

Posted by: manysongsgw.2931

manysongsgw.2931

Q:

They’re pretty much the same as rank farm servers.

Never thought there would be that many people desperate for a win.

Attachments:

Guild Wars 1 Player of 4+ years
IGN: Valkyrie Friisong
Lvl 80 Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Well when you force people to play classes they might find the mechanics for stupid, hard to play, or just in general not fun and then tell them they have to use that to get a win in competitive play you end up with people trying to cheat that system that shouldn’t exist in the first place.

I just tried to do my engineer win for the day and got harassed and cursed out for about 20 minutes by some guy because I’m a “bad engineer”. I won’t post the other things that were said about me because I just got back from a forum suspension and don’t need another one right now.

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

class specific daily seems like the type of thing a PvE designer thought it would be a great idea.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in PvP

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

You’d prefer them in your ranked matches?

It’s as solution to a problem that shouldn’t exist because the daily class win is a horrible idea, so I’m all about them doing this.

in PvP

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Hold up there OP.
Your question may have merit, but before you go calling out folks, you need to do your research.
One of the example groups that you cite in your screen, leaves their room open for ALL players to enter. Sure, we may use the room for our Guild PvE players to help get their dailies done, but in truth, it is very rare that we don’t have guests joining us looking for a straight-up match, to practice builds, or hang out.

Many of our guild members (and guests) just want to get away from the sometimes toxic environment that is the PvP lobby, general hot join, or unranked solo, yet still love to get their PvP on.

We welcome all – Don’t bring an attitude, and have fun. Simple rules to follow.
There is no dark conspiracy for ‘rank farming’.

in PvP

Posted by: manysongsgw.2931

manysongsgw.2931

You’d prefer them in your ranked matches?

It’s as solution to a problem that shouldn’t exist because the daily class win is a horrible idea, so I’m all about them doing this.

It’s not a solution when people are farming it, and the main problem is having profession wins as a daily (which has been discussed before, imo get rid of them). Hopefully, the matchmaking system can do something about numerous players playing the same 2 classes in queue.

Hold up there OP.
Your question may have merit, but before you go calling out folks, you need to do your research.
One of the example groups that you cite in your screen, leaves their room open for ALL players to enter. Sure, we may use the room for our Guild PvE players to help get their dailies done, but in truth, it is very rare that we don’t have guests joining us looking for a straight-up match, to practice builds, or hang out.

Many of our guild members (and guests) just want to get away from the sometimes toxic environment that is the PvP lobby, general hot join, or unranked solo, yet still love to get their PvP on.

We welcome all – Don’t bring an attitude, and have fun. Simple rules to follow.
There is no dark conspiracy for ‘rank farming’.

Your intentions may be innocent, but you’re argument isn’t valid. If you want a place to “hang out”, I wouldn’t use a custom arena because that’s not it’s intended purpose even if you own it.

That’d be like saying: my guild and I like to party and dance in eternal battlegrounds. Or better yet, we’d like to duel and GvG in borderlands map and have no one (who is playing the game mode as it is intended) interrupt us.

See where I’m getting at? In terms of the code of conduct, it’s not being used as intended and most likely being used to farm dailies.

Guild Wars 1 Player of 4+ years
IGN: Valkyrie Friisong
Lvl 80 Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

why would anet care about them if the skyhammer rank farmers are allowed since forever ?

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

So many of these threads asking the same question. Im going to go with,“YES” the Devs are aware of them and have done nothing to prevent, discourage or punish those doing it.

FARM ON

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

New PVP daily

“Kill 1,000 Golems in HoTM training grounds as [XXX] Profession”

I think these would work better for the PVE players grinding PVP dailies.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

class specific daily seems like the type of thing a PvE designer thought it would be a great idea.

They actually worked on me. I now have 4 professions I enjoy playing regularly in PvP instead of 1 or 2. It’s people’s ridiculous ideas about rewards (like skyhammer farming, seriously how lame do you have to be to farm pvp rank??) that mess up the system. Can’t fix stupid. You can’t even see AP in PvP matches!

in PvP

Posted by: Elegy.2159

Elegy.2159

Your intentions may be innocent, but you’re argument isn’t valid. If you want a place to “hang out”, I wouldn’t use a custom arena because that’s not it’s intended purpose even if you own it.

See where I’m getting at? In terms of the code of conduct, it’s not being used as intended and most likely being used to farm dailies.

Playing PvP as intended can be “hanging out.” Custom arenas are for exactly that purpose – casual gameplay and the ability to join/leave or change builds at will. Nothing about that indicates “rank farming” or any other violation of the code of conduct.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

My opinion is that custom arena’s should be an area where everything goes. Players are spending a lot of gold to make these custom rooms. That gold sink alone is well worth it in the game. For rank, it’s really not a big deal. Ranks only show that you put time in, not skill. So if someone wants to afk away in a custom arena, that’s perfectly fine. It keeps it out of Ranked or even un-Ranked matches.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Mlamlah.2956

Mlamlah.2956

I think there’s another point of view to consider.

I don’t care about PvP. I just don’t. I don’t enjoy it, i don’t feel rewarded doing it and in fact feel totally turned off by the excess toxicity present in PvP settings. Maybe i would if it was more laid back, but it isn’t.

Daily rooms let some people access some of the rewards that would normally be cut off from them due to the torrent of garbage that makes sure that they want to have nothing to do with the potential stress. It seems pretty petty to treat these people like scumbags when really they just want access to the content.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Anet lets them exist but they shouldn’t, they are effectively cheating.

Daily rooms let some people access some of the rewards that would normally be cut off from them due to the torrent of garbage that makes sure that they want to have nothing to do with the potential stress. It seems pretty petty to treat these people like scumbags when really they just want access to the content.

Why should you be able to access the rewards if you aren’t willing to do whats required as per the activity?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Those arenas help introduce some PvE players to PvP (some of them do eventually feel the need to check themselves in a competitive environment), and at the same time keep away undesirables from real sPvP. They also don’t seem to hurt anyone. In the end, i believe they are doing more good than bad.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Sounds to me like OP got banned from one of those rooms and now he’s out for blood.

in PvP

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

They’ve existed for a bazillion years now. If Anet thought it mattered they probably would have done something.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in PvP

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Those servers are an easy and fast way to get those dailies.
I consider myself ok at PvP, I reached ruby doing pretty much only the 3 daily matches needed for the meta and I use those rooms to finish the 4 PvP dailies in about 8~15 minutes.
Also, as mentioned before, you really want those players in the unranked/ranked matches?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Personally, I’d call this a grey area.

By definition, this type of “red resign” type behavior is defined as “match manipulation” which is technically against the service agreement.

However, on the flip side, these are personal servers where you get to make your own rules, within reason.

So, for as along as Anet is “ok” with it, in those specific instances of play, then all’s peachy. (And haven’t they said something once, about not stopping people if they want to farm that sort of stuff in their custom arenas?)

Until they decide it’s not anymore and nerf the option into the ground (which may never happen, but who knows.)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

try to look at the custom arena from another point of view.

who is going to use the custom arena if they are gonna to remove the farming ( both daily quests and rank points/track reward )?

That’s it.