Are the Legendary ap going to get fixed?

in PvP

Posted by: Unseenstrike.2971

Unseenstrike.2971

The pvp Legend titles from seasons 1, 2 ,3 and 4 have some bugged achievement points (ap) right now, that need to be fixed. Those players that did not reach Legendary division, but did cross some divisions, were awarded some ap, but these were not awarded equally across the seasons.

For example, some people that got ruby in each season were awarded inconsistent achievement points, these being 0 in season 1, 3 in season 2, 4 in season 3, and 0 in season 4.

There is obviously something wrong that for reaching ruby each season, differing amounts of ap have been awarded.

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

They are not really bugged, just Anet not caring. Season 1 and 4 unlocked the achievement points via an item sent out by the customer support if you reached legendary division. They had to do this because the achievements had issues and did not work as intended.
see: http://db.dulfy.net/item/77681 and http://db.dulfy.net/item/79540
So you either got 0 or all the achievement points these had to offer. I guess Anet was too lazy to differentiate and give lower divisions their deseved AP.

On the other hand the title “Illustrious Legend” is still not fixed. There are people with only diamond division in season 3 who have this exclusive title and Anet seems to ignore it. Disgusting.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Unseenstrike.2971

Unseenstrike.2971

Thank you for the reply.

As Anet know about this problem, will they actually fix it though?

in PvP

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Thank you for the reply.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to remove achievements from someone who got them. I may be wrong though

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Thank you for the reply.

I’m not sure if it’s possible to remove achievements from someone who got them. I may be wrong though

They can (see Hall of Monuments achievement incident, where lots of people unlocked all the titles without earning them). They could simply delete the achievements from everyone and recalculate them on first login. If you have an API key with PvP permissions, you can see the exact amount of pips you earned in every season. So they have all the data they would need for that.
Conclusion: It is just a matter of wether Anet wants to do it or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Thank you for the reply.

They can but it’s insanely complex. They did for a GWAMM-bug (got walking amongst mere mortals achievement/title from gw1 linked account, a pretty prestige title from playing a lot of gw1). It’s incredible doubtfull they will do for something, of this small scale, as it takes weeks if not months to execute achievement removal without bugs.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Malediktus.9250

Thank you for the reply.

They can but it’s insanely complex. They did for a GWAMM-bug (got walking amongst mere mortals achievement/title from gw1 linked account, a pretty prestige title from playing a lot of gw1). It’s incredible doubtfull they will do for something, of this small scale, as it takes weeks if not months to execute achievement removal without bugs.

Honestly it should be much faster now that they have the experience from fixing the hall of monument achievements and the broken collection (people had black lion weapon skins in their collections without unlocking them) achievements.
If more people would ask for a fix they would probably do increase the priority of fixing this. After all these are exclusive rewards for taking part in specific seasons, so the integrity of their PvP mode is at stake (not like it is in a bad already without it).