Are the devs doing anything about Macros?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

dem forums bugs tho

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

sword 3/x weapon swap GS 2,4,3 shatters f1 f3 f2

pull it off in a single second….

Sometimes I wonder what version of gw2 all the forum pros are running.

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

Have seen DHs do it. But w/e.

Not denying people do it….It just creates an artificial cap on a class thats lower then the actual classes skill cap. Just because a macro can spam a combo of buttons doesn’t mean it can account for changes in the environment. That being said if any DH is using macros I cant possible imagine what for….. all of their combos can be done instantly by anyone who has all their fingers….. The hardest rev combo in the game would miss if you macroed it, the hardest hitting mesmer combo in the game wouldnt even happen….. There is no real benefit to macros besides a very small handful of quality of life combos. + latency makes using client side macros in any MMO silly.

in PvP

Posted by: Nickzor.2453

Nickzor.2453

sword 3/x weapon swap GS 2,4,3 shatters f1 f3 f2

pull it off in a single second….

Sometimes I wonder what version of gw2 all the forum pros are running.

Yeah I typed out the burst rotation without sleep. sword 3 in to clone swap followed by Gs 2,f1,GS 3,f3,f2. The GS 4 is part of the chrono mancer version that requires quickness from the trait. Regardless all those buttons can be pressed in a single second not including the swap from sword. half those buttons are off the global CD as a result you chain them in to the skills on the global CD. With sieze the moment selected including the sword 2×2 is pretty easy to pull off in 1.1 seconds. You can use a lot of programs to test your key presses per second. I am getting 7 in 1.1 using sieze the moment and landing the full burst I listed.

in PvP

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I would love to see someone with out a doubt show any particular person was using macros.

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I would love to see someone with out a doubt show any particular person was using macros.

i second this fantabulous idea.

please prove your allegations before blaming others for your loss or lack of skill.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Stop trying to defend this. Macros are real and they are being used a lot in this game. I can create a macro to reproduce bursts on classes that are “high” skill level. I can do this at the push of one button. It’s not hard to set it up, and gives a distinct advantage to the person using them b/c they don’t have to worry about actually landing it.

Don’t post here like you can legitly reproduce the combo speeds on par with macros if you aren’t a pro, b/c you can’t. If you could you’d be competing for money and I don’t think a single person in this thread is currently doing that.

Thank You

Yes, macros are real.

No, they are not a concern. The things you are complaining about is what anyone that plays that class long enough learns to do. A fresh air ele will burst like that. That’s what they do. It’s simple because you learn the skill queueing so you know exactly when to press it and it comes across as macrod.

If anything, we need to complain about the number of instacasts that can be queued simultaneosly if you are concerned ab out that, but thats what I love about this game.

in PvP

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Not like it is as advantageous as some people think because if something happens mid-macro a skilled player can more easily adapt to the new situation rather than having a macro you can’t cancel out of in a long skill chain.

Someone already pointed out the cast time/after cast vs button presses. Good. That is definitely a factor.

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

Not like it is as advantageous as some people think because if something happens mid-macro a skilled player can more easily adapt to the new situation rather than having a macro you can’t cancel out of in a long skill chain.

Someone already pointed out the cast time/after cast vs button presses. Good. That is definitely a factor.

this after you realize whats going on just dodge it next time and then its ezpz they are on cooldown and a free kill.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

isnt it obvious that all these people who are consistently able to do a dodge jump in the heat of the fight are clearly macroing that lol

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

It should be abundantly obvious that if rules exist to prevent macro abuse then it necessarily follows that people have, can, do or will abuse them. Regardless of what I personally want the case to be, that is why these rules exist. People who deny this are either cheaters themselves, naïve, or simply refuse to acknowledge people can and do skirt the rules.

Furthermore, with respect to key bindings, they are altogether player personal even if they are similar in some respects. That being said, key binding proficiency is wholly dependent upon their continued and habitual use in concord with someone’s personal comfort level. So, if I use a particular set of key bindings that work for me, doesn’t mean that they will necessarily carry over and work for everyone else too.

More to the point, anyone with practice can go through thier progressions just as fast as someone who doesn’t have someone else’s exact key bindings. In other words, key bindings are a moot point that only deflects from what the original op was bringing to our attention. Simply put, it’s not about where you bind your keys nor how fast you can go through your own progression, its about abnormalities in this process especially where that it seems that there are times where there are more than 1 action per key stroke.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Jump dodge macros…seriously?

[V] is right about [Space], haven’t bothered to rebind those 2. When you’re about to hit V, mash the space button with your thumb at the same time.

Bam, that’s your macro. 99% jump dodge every time. Everyone in WvW does it too.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

There are buffs/condis in the game that affect casting speed. Since macros are time sensitive, they won’t work right when your casting speeds are buffed/debuffed. Anyone that is using them will be handicapped.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

Jump dodge macros…seriously?

[V] is right about [Space], haven’t bothered to rebind those 2. When you’re about to hit V, mash the space button with your thumb at the same time.

Bam, that’s your macro. 99% jump dodge every time. Everyone in WvW does it too.

doubt people who dont rebind their dodge to a better key on keyboard or mouse even know what a dodge jump is

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Hirasaki.6208

Hirasaki.6208

I know some power mesmers use macros. They usually use this setup.
1.) Full zerker, scholar runes, uses mantra. Setup that lets him deal the most burst dmg enough to 1 shot any class under 18000 HP.
2.) Instantly kills anything maybe not a warrior (because of defy pain auto cast)
3.) he uses teleport/invisibility so he can get away and recast his mantras and chooses next target.
4.) Repeats step 2 instantly kills anything maybe not a warrior.
5.) if countered, easily dies bec he/she doesn’t know how to play Mesmer but relies on a macro combo to kill.
6.) Bec his combo literally takes less than a second you would be dead before you can press ur stun break.

Nobody can perfectly execute all those moves in sequence in less than a second every -single – time without using macros.

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Some people can type insane wpm. I’m sure there are plenty than can hit 5 buttons in a sequence quickly. If you put all your skills in a row of keys, i’m sure anyone can execute a spike rotation. Plus the Mesmer build needs a ground cast. If you are depending on snaps for your ground targets you aren’t going to do well at all in a scramble.

1.) Full zerker, scholar runes, uses mantra. Setup that lets him deal the most burst dmg enough to 1 shot any class under 18000 HP.
2.) Instantly kills anything maybe not a warrior (because of defy pain auto cast)
3.) he uses teleport/invisibility so he can get away and recast his mantras and chooses next target.
5.) if countered, easily dies bec he/she doesn’t know how to play Mesmer but relies on a macro combo to kill.
6.) Bec his combo literally takes less than a second you would be dead before you can press ur stun break.

Nobody can perfectly execute all those moves in sequence in less than a second every -single – time without using macros.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Macros are legal as long as they don’t give more than one command to the game. If a macro gives two or more commands to the game, its illegal, and the software should be able to pick them out. If not, you can always report them if you think they’re using macros. After a report, an acount will be under a magnifying glass for a short while. if a macro is then used at that period they’ll receive a temporary ban

in PvP

Posted by: joshmossas.6542

joshmossas.6542

I beg to differ. With practice it can become easy to execute a mantra burst in less than a second. It’s just muscle memory people. I do it all the time. You hardly even need to think about it once it’s in your muscle memory.

Some people can type insane wpm. I’m sure there are plenty than can hit 5 buttons in a sequence quickly. If you put all your skills in a row of keys, i’m sure anyone can execute a spike rotation. Plus the Mesmer build needs a ground cast. If you are depending on snaps for your ground targets you aren’t going to do well at all in a scramble.

^ This. The mechanical skill cap for GW2 isn’t even that high compared to other games. Also any mesmer who relies on a macro to do the burst would be garbage. Not just at staying alive as mesmer but landing the burst as well since it requires awareness and positioning. Also the timing changes depending on the situation.

Click for dumb PVP videos and probably some other nonesense :D
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKSzslxjEkG4oZJ4ubPZHIg