Are they getting removed?

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

Q:

Ranks 10/20/30/40/50 etc, are they getting removed or not, I’ve heard from several people that due to negative feedback they are not?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Anet already stated ranks are going to stay.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

What I mean is not the titles, but the rank numerals wolf/bear/shark etc

in PvP

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Anyone have a link?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Anyone have a link?

Hey Guys,

A week ago we were ready to cut ranks. Last week, due to our discussion on the CDI thread, we decided to keep them.

Right now we are trying to determine in what form we are going to keep ranks and how they should be balanced so attaining the rank of dragon is something that you have a reasonable chance of achieving and not a quest that you pass on to your children and your children’s children.

Because we agree with most of you that ranks are too difficult to attain and because it was a very easy change for us we also decided to give players a bonus to players in Solo and Team Arenas.

I’m sorry you didn’t get a response sooner but we didn’t want to jump the gun and say yes or no to this thread. What you are asking isn’t something that we can just turn on so it would have to come in a build later if we decide to do it. At the moment we don’t have a plan to retroactively award points for wins but many of you have brought up some interesting reasons for it so it is something we will take into consideration when we are discussing how to adjust ranks.

Thanks again for your feedback.

John

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Compensate-won-Solo-TeamQ-with-RankPoints/first

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)