Are you going to do something about thieves ?

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

HAHAHA, a thief thread asking for buffs. Good one. This is how I see the OP:

http://youtu.be/zBVnblu5BP0

Seriously, Thieves are still very good in sPvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i love all these new forum heroes who come here from nowhere teaching the “l2p i have no problem in my low skilled team pool”.

gg no re

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

1. I am not new to forums.
2. Please elaborate on what forum heroes are.
3. Since when does posting on a forum affect your in game skill level?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

thieves are still fun class to play but there is NO room for a thief on 5 man tpvp since only type of gameplay is conquest.With burst spec you could roam around and try to get fast kill but now that isnt possible since everyone is playing bunker and if u dont finish your target in 2-5 sec they will fully heal up and burst you down even faster.Haste is worthless now and with 1 additional sec on revealed is making a big difference.I think that “bunker” builds need to be tuned down a bit.With that there will be a spot for thief/warrior or whoever.Thieves were never a problem in tpvp for decent player but a good elementalist/guardian will always waste alot of your time and with that you end up loosing your game. Spvp is hanging on a silk thread since meta hasnt change for last 9 months.One more thing, there is only one or two viable builds for thief same goes for the rest of classes.This game is based on idea of multiple builds and versatile teams and we dont have that.

Doing 1v1’s isn’t uncommon but it’s not really what you are there for to begin with. So when you’re attacking the ele, more often then not he has external pressure on him from a teammate of yours.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: silvershadez.8421

silvershadez.8421

I had the pleasure of argueing with MrBig back before launch on guildwars2guru forums. Even back then he claimed thieves weren’t viable and pressed into the “onliest semi-viable” build called venom share.

That was right before the launch, when thief was in one of it’s strongest states. Other thieves just hopped in supporting his claims. In the end there was no discussion possible due to the fact no “dedicated” thief will agree with you.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

I had the pleasure of argueing with MrBig back before launch on guildwars2guru forums. Even back then he claimed thieves weren’t viable and pressed into the “onliest semi-viable” build called venom share.
That was right before the launch, when thief was in one of it’s strongest states. Other thieves just hopped in supporting his claims. In the end there was no discussion possible due to the fact no “dedicated” thief will agree with you.

yeah, it was like this because thief burst was “nothing special” ( and those were times of 19k backstabs) in a world where a war was ableto eviscerate for 10 k on bunker guardians ( 30 % more burst skill damage with 30 discipline, lolwot) and eles were able to fire combo with S/D for more than 20 k damage.

Venoms were also OP as hell, and it was the only actual way to have the thief be good at something.

You seem to completely dance around my point and redundantly say what you have previously without addressing the issues of your ignorance. And this wouldn’t be the first time you’ve done it either.
I’ll still play thief in a week, and I still won’t have problems. All the nerf did was force me to change one already questionable trait. You act as if it changed the whole build. If you can’t play without your haste macro or heartseeker spam I suggest you choose a class that requires a modicum of skill.

Would you please stop with this silly war against me ? I’ve never discussed about your skill level, i even consider you a very good thief player, but this is beyond skill.

This is about the meta.

Quickness pre-nerf was something more than a simple 100% increased speed: it actually favoured dps playstyle instead of bunker wars 2, because even a super bunker would fall apart with a quickness combo dealth by a thief or a war when used at the right time.

Now with wars being useless and no more haste for thieves, bunkers don’t have the pressure they had before, now they’re allowed to do mistakes, knowing they’ve to screw up VERY BADLY in order to die.

Now there is no need to not run double bunker ele + double dps ele+ guardian.

And please tell me what can a thief do against comps like this one.

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

When did eles become unkillable? I know that dagger dagger build well and it falls to my engineer every time.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

When did eles become unkillable? I know that dagger dagger build well and it falls to my engineer every time.

When have i ever talked about engies ?

I clearly said engies/ranger/mesm/necro are all viable alternative to the fourth ele.

I’m specifically talking about thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I recommend to thiefs to switch to caeds build. even prior to the quickness nerf he did not use quickness. As of right now, w the nerf to caltrops and pistol whip requiring haste that spec of d/p backstab has become the defacto thief build.

Its completely viable and good. The issue with thiefs now is they have even LESS build variety. But they still have one good build.

in PvP

Posted by: chrisk.4320

chrisk.4320

Quickness was for noobs. Whenever I saw a Thief used Haste, it was a clear sign of noobness.

Nooby noob noobness.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I recommend to thiefs to switch to caeds build. even prior to the quickness nerf he did not use quickness. As of right now, w the nerf to caltrops and pistol whip requiring haste that spec of d/p backstab has become the defacto thief build.

Its completely viable and good. The issue with thiefs now is they have even LESS build variety. But they still have one good build.

but i’m not saying thief burst build is not viable , it still does its role well.

the point is that soon teams will switch to full ele teams + bunkers / eles team+ random class between enge/ranger/necro/mesmer+ bunker, since now they can’t be no longer punished.

This will basically also kill the thief.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

so… the counter to Ele heavy groups was running a Thief heavy group?

I must have missed that memo…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I main thief and.. honestly.. how can you say thief is bad? lol

Let’s talk again we you’ll meet the first 4 eles+ guardian team.

Problem isn’t Thief. It’s the aforementioned classes ability to cheese it.

in PvP

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

Thiefs are in a bad position? Lol what, stealth and quickness nerfed. Oh big woop, still have plenty of other options and stealth can still be used.

Don’t even try to compare to warrior, its just a joke.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I main thief and.. honestly.. how can you say thief is bad? lol

Let’s talk again we you’ll meet the first 4 eles+ guardian team.

Problem isn’t Thief. It’s the aforementioned classes ability to cheese it.

It would not be such a problem if there was a counter.

Pre-quickness nerf, a thief/war was able to punish badly any possible ele, making “not worthy” to run more than 2 eles.

Now this problem doesn’t exist anymore for them, so soon teams will start to abuse eles even more.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Idk the relative nerf to power dps might make condition dealers like engie and necros more common, and they can give eles trouble.

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Not like quickness was removed from the game, it is still a boost.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Idk the relative nerf to power dps might make condition dealers like engie and necros more common, and they can give eles trouble.

Necros and engies were ( and are) already very strong.

Lol, HGH engies are borderline OP.

Cry more pls..Thats why you arent the one who balances the game.
At the very least this change will make it obvious thieves need(or not) love and give anet room for buffs that have nothing to do with your ridiculous broken 1 shot.
Unless thats all you know and can play in which case you can still do perfectly fine..

I agree the one shot was broken, but it helped to keep eles from overly stacking.

I m a former S/D thief forced to reroll burst due to the nerf hammer, now my burst is not even enough to stop eles from abusing.

And i’m seriously thinking to start using hidden killer now it’s fixed, at least my burst won’t fail and MAYBE i’ll be able to kill the ele.

Because, for those who don’t know, thief role in current meta ( at least in EU) was EXACTLY to oneshot the ele, a role where now we’re struggling hard, and where we’ll struggle even more as soon as more eles start to show up in teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why don’t you just spam heartseeker?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Vence.6974

Vence.6974

Right on OP i completely agree with how bad of a mistake anet made when nerfing the thief skill haste. Might as well switch the name from haste to self-destruct because hey thats what it is. You lose all endurance for a speed buff that is no longer effective enough to make much of a difference. The debuff was made to compensate for the original version of haste, so logic says that the newer, slower version of haste should have a less serious debuff or an additional positive effect to make up for it.

The Yellowflash of GW2

in PvP

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

Thieves should definitely have gotten something in comparison alongside some bunker nerfs, but acting like haste was ok is absolutely ridiculous.

An instant gib combo that happens so fast the thief doesn’t register out of stealth? Removing this faceroll option allows Anet to lift up other options without wondering how they’ll synergize with haste for overpowered combinations. This will also help bring up other glassier builds for other classes that were getting straight hard countered by thief burst. Classes might be able to run just ‘stun breaks’ rather than in-vulnerability stun breakers to survive haste burst phases. We’ll probably see a rise of more engineers now that thieves don’t punish them so hard.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

(edited by condiments.8043)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Thieves should definitely have gotten something in comparison alongside some bunker nerfs, but acting like haste was ok is absolutely ridiculous.

An instant gib combo that happens so fast the thief doesn’t register out of stealth? Removing this faceroll option allows Anet to lift up other options without wondering how they’ll synergize with haste for overpowered combinations. This will also help bring up other glassier builds for other classes that were getting straight hard countered by thief burst. Classes might be able to run just ‘stun breaks’ rather than in-vulnerability stun breakers to survive haste burst phases. We’ll probably see a rise of more engineers now that thieves don’t punish them so hard.

why running burst as an ele when you can move 10 points from water to air, bring 2 arcane utilities and burst for more than 10k AOE damage while giving buffs to all your team ?
all done with a tanky build, all thanks to a near 100% fury uptime.

burst is obsolete when you have so much sustain and when there’s nothing stopping you from stacking it.

in PvP

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

why running burst as an ele when you can move 10 points from water to air, bring 2 arcane utilities and burst for more than 10k AOE damage while giving buffs to all your team ?
all done with a tanky build, all thanks to a near 100% fury uptime.

burst is obsolete when you have so much sustain and when there’s nothing stopping you from stacking it.

DPS eles are no where near as strong as the bunker variations. They’re definitely good but can get downed quickly if they aren’t picking the correct times to commit to AOE on points. If you saw more DPS eles there most definitely would be a surge of HGH engineers which are incredibly strong against them(I wouldn’t say hard counter, but definitely a soft one).

Also the only way you’re getting full fury uptime is if you’re running Zephyr’s Boon on a dagger/dagger ele, which makes it incredibly dangerous to run two arcane utilities compared to cantrips. The damage is great but its still very vulnerable. Personally I prefer S/D for my DPS setup, which gives up control and constant boon uptime(no access to swiftness or fury outside a couple seconds from attunement swaps), for more burst potential, sustain, and better positioning. Neither build reaches the burst potential of thief though it is still pretty strong.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

Haste was way over the top and regardless of how any class is going to suffer from the nerf to it, in the long run the nerf will allow for these classes to get balanced in a more adequate manner.

Before the nerf, even if the opponent managed to evade part of my burst, if I managed to proc “Critical Haste”, my opponent would simply die from the sustained DPS I would generate from autoattacks.

Now we can all speculate that classes with higher sustained dps and better healing will emerge and become the top dog, because the game promotes self sufficiency due to the lack of true roles and synergies and it may very well be true, but it’s easily fixed by giving all the classes these capabilities in one form or another.

In fact I suspect PvP would be much better, if this became a reality and the standard meta builds (less burst, more sustained dps and better sustained healing) would allow for longer battles.

If something is fundamentally broken, you fix it, rather than designing a game around it.

in PvP

Posted by: Meanie.8354

Meanie.8354

Thieves are not a viable class anymore, they have next to no defense and are now so far down the dps run that killing anything with this class is extremely hard, especially if its a squishy (lol) caster.

In fact, mezmers have better stealth than thieves now, and with the addition of titles displayed its near impossible to tell them apart from their clones.

Thief has taken a damage reduction, backstab damage has dropped considerably, crit damage has been nerfed, stealth is near useless, theres more bugs than i care to mention. Combine this with their low survivability and you have a class which should be wearing a big hat, a red nose and some big shoes.

What, I ask, were you thinking?

We are in danger of having a game full of necro’s and elementalist at this rate, very very very poor job on the balance.

even blizzard could do better than this and thats saying something.

Hopefully we will see better balance in the next beta.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I don’t use haste, (all to much) I more like to to stick with Signet of Shadows to be quick about the map, with a sb, and spam teleports and have a lot of mobility as a roamer. So I guess the quickness nerf did not impact me at all. But I have to say as a thief, I thought it was more aimed towards PW, and not HS spam. Definitely could have been both.

OP, I can only slightly understand what you mean by build diversity, and viability within those builds. I can name like 5 different builds that no one will even think of trying with a thief because its just god awful, and hell some are just weapon sets -__-.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

(edited by EoNxBoNx.9213)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

Thieves are not a viable class anymore,

We are in danger of having a game full of necro’s

even blizzard could do better

I think those quotations say all about your competence on this game.

learn to land your oneshot, learn to position yourself, learn to make use of your teleports and stealth to disengage.

You are struggling against necro as thief? Maybe you should start playing other classes to get a feeling how it is to face a thief, if you feel uncomfortable with being squishy.

Grind your rating up to the highest, you will see all classes on your way cause everything is viable. Yes, build diversity is lacking and some classes are more common than others, but In your lovely blizzard product you will face some fotm comps every seasons for how many years now?

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Viability: thief is fine, learn to play the class.
Diversity: having 2 specs (one requiring vastly more experience, skill, and communication/cooperation than the other – thus never being seen) is somewhat stale. However that being said the only class with true build diversity is the guardian.

Complaining about skill issues is pointless. You’re crying because you don’t have haste for your heartseeker spam post burst, requiring you to outplay people instead of face roll. Learn the class, how it plays, and what it’s capable of before whining on forums about quickness as a thief. The quickness nerf didn’t even touch backstab in terms of viability, and reduced pistol whip and unload specs to completely unplayable (not to say they were viable before).

-Caed

Quickness has more uses than heartseeker spam.

• Faster stomping.
  • Faster healing an ally.
  • Faster taking down an enemy before he uses heal or any other survivability/getaway tactics.
  • More damage output in general.

Most thieves are currently switching builds from D/D and that process was already happening since the mentioning of stealth changes. So stop assuming most thieves belong to hot join crews or most thieves use the same D/D build. Or that most thieves have got a l2p attitude and that you are the only legit player who can say a thief is viable and is fine. What is a fact is that most thieves are adapting to the “meta” where the enemy being squishy becomes less and less visible.

And since viability is fine how come thieves represent 0.01 percent of SPvP now?
If you participated in a 1v1 tourney with all the top non-thieves NA/EU from each profession players what place would you get? Last or second last?

And it doesn’t matter if YOUR build is not affected by it because others are moving forward and are balancing out their stuff which then affects YOUR build for not being up to par with the rest.

It is quite straightforward.

(edited by Authority.6145)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Haste was way over the top and regardless of how any class is going to suffer from the nerf to it, in the long run the nerf will allow for these classes to get balanced in a more adequate manner.

Before the nerf, even if the opponent managed to evade part of my burst, if I managed to proc “Critical Haste”, my opponent would simply die from the sustained DPS I would generate from autoattacks.

Now we can all speculate that classes with higher sustained dps and better healing will emerge and become the top dog, because the game promotes self sufficiency due to the lack of true roles and synergies and it may very well be true, but it’s easily fixed by giving all the classes these capabilities in one form or another.

In fact I suspect PvP would be much better, if this became a reality and the standard meta builds (less burst, more sustained dps and better sustained healing) would allow for longer battles.

If something is fundamentally broken, you fix it, rather than designing a game around it.

I advocated for burst reduction for a long time, and I’m not saying I disagree with it.

I’m simply saying that doing so without nerfing bunkering and without giving compensations to those classes relying on burst to be competitive, is simply foolish.

now there’s nothing able to stop eles from dominating, and altough engies and rangers could somehow work, I currently I would NEVER form a team without at least 2 eles.

and in this team, the thief would have no role.

This scenario will soon become true, and since we’re pigeon holed into burst builds, thieves will disappear and eles will rule the world.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

^ to hell with your opinion.
Build diversity is lacking significantly across the board where it should not. A year? Without balance updates? You are insane
People hated the Assassin in gw1 too, adamantly calling for it to be removed its balance was in flux but they weren’t stupid enough to think throwing a portion of their player base into a year of mediocrity was smart.

I was being serious. Anet has a some dedicated thief players, but I guarantee they have lost a larger number of players who perceived thieves to be OP in the first months of the game.

I’m not saying there will be no QoL changes or minor buffs that probably won’t take thieves back to being a super-high-demand tournament profession. If Anet does not significantly buff thieves in the next year they will probably completely lose about ten serious tournament thief players and maybe a hundred hotjoin/WvW thieves. I predict that is a risk Anet is willing to take.

It’s an inherent danger of playing the assassin archetype. They usually stay powerful for a bit and then get nerfed down bad, because it’s impossible keep them powerful in tournaments AND not let them be too good at ganking noobs.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

^ to hell with your opinion.
Build diversity is lacking significantly across the board where it should not. A year? Without balance updates? You are insane
People hated the Assassin in gw1 too, adamantly calling for it to be removed its balance was in flux but they weren’t stupid enough to think throwing a portion of their player base into a year of mediocrity was smart.

I was being serious. Anet has a some dedicated thief players, but I guarantee they have lost a larger number of players who perceived thieves to be OP in the first months of the game.

I’m not saying there will be no QoL changes or minor buffs that probably won’t take thieves back to being a super-high-demand tournament profession. If Anet does not significantly buff thieves in the next year they will probably completely lose about ten serious tournament thief players and maybe a hundred hotjoin/WvW thieves. I predict that is a risk Anet is willing to take.

It’s an inherent danger of playing the assassin archetype. They usually stay powerful for a bit and then get nerfed down bad, because it’s impossible keep them powerful in tournaments AND not let them be too good at ganking noobs.

Maybe the solution would be to give them MORE VIABLE BUILDS instead of the usual and common HURR DURR 1 SHOT HURR DURR.

We had a very solid S/D build, but hey, we should all play burst so they hatin’ so they nerfin’.

aNet logic.

in PvP

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

So a class that has infinite stealth and stupid burst damage is not viable?

Please, enlighten me.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

So a class that has infinite stealth and stupid burst damage is not viable?

Please, enlighten me.

The trick is to stop playing hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: Baam.2493

Baam.2493

Is anyone else noting that the majority of this thread is just MrBig screaming for thief buffs while mostly everyone else is saying hes exaggerating/wrong? Because I just read this entire thread, and thats what I saw.

MrBig, screaming about a nerf on a permanent forum is not productive and makes the forum itself a slightly more toxic place.

Another note, I just want to say that I still regularly play w/ a Venom share thief that is 100% viable.

There really are some l2 kitten ues for haste-dependent thieves. Thieves w/o Haste have had a strong presence in competitive PvP games for as long as I can remember, and I see no reason why this will change with a haste nerf.

Really, the class that should’ve recieved more buffs and that Anet should do something about is the warrior class. I don’t know HOW you think we could sympathize with your “thief has no place in the meta” argument when warrior has had no place in the meta for MONTHS, and has had its only viable build TORN TO SHREDS because of its complete reliance on quickness.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

This.. Is..
Hilarious!

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

By hearing ppl in this forum, no class are optimal anymore after the quickness nerf, (not even the class that doesn’t have quickness, lol).

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

So indeed you are nuts. You know how long a year is?
Needed is nothing new shying from updates because of psychological issues in bands? Lol wot. People got face rolled by 100 blades too, let’s not touch warriors for a year to appease other people. That’s what you are saying.

I’m not saying this is the way things ought to be. I’m merely explaining why it probably will be this way for quite some time.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

is this a troll? Thief is fine, just replace your rage sigils with fire ones. Honestly, they still need to nerf mug through the ground. Thief burst never even came from quickness in the first place, if that’s how you were playing -you’re doing it wrong lol (let me know if you want a guide).
Played my thief the other night and it’s as strong as ever.

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

I advocated for burst reduction for a long time, and I’m not saying I disagree with it.

I’m simply saying that doing so without nerfing bunkering and without giving compensations to those classes relying on burst to be competitive, is simply foolish.

now there’s nothing able to stop eles from dominating, and altough engies and rangers could somehow work, I currently I would NEVER form a team without at least 2 eles.

This scenario will soon become true, and since we’re pigeon holed into burst builds, thieves will disappear and eles will rule the world.

and this is why you’re not a competitive player. The pros will always find another viable comp or build, it’s not that the game lacks options (I’ll admit cantrips are too strong), it’s just that no one is experimenting or theory crafting successfully for new strats. They just see one big team do something that works well and latch on to the ideology that its the only way to play.

Neglekt

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

and this is why you’re not a competitive player. The pros will always find another viable comp or build, it’s not that the game lacks options (I’ll admit cantrips are too strong), it’s just that no one is experimenting or theory crafting successfully for new strats. They just see one big team do something that works well and latch on to the ideology that its the only way to play.

it seems that " competitive" players, especially in NA where you play, run cheese double ele/ranger build for quite some time, aside sataar .

when something is too strong it’s simply too strong, period.

ask any EU top player how gamebreaking the ele is, they will answer all the same thing.

And stop with the elitist attitude, you have no idea how skilled I may/ may not be. if there was a ladder, you would NEVER see teams experimenting, because you climb the ladder by winning, not by experimenting.

just like in GW, where cheese comps were abused till the nerf hammer here hit hard.

I’m simply expressing my concern about future meta, yet you pick it and refer at hominem.

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

just played against a scepter/dagger ele that was bunker spec with cantrips. wow. can’t even remotely dent him and his dmg is nothing to sneeze at..and ranged..

I can’t kite him to try and widdle down for a burst shot. just completely outmatched. if you try a surprise burst… mist form. if you try to trick-shot till he is widdled down for a burst….his range on scepter/dagger will actually out dmg you and his attunement swaps and double water heals (triple actually with evasive) has his health not even moving..

I literally just have to walk away.

in PvP

Posted by: DevilsGlare.7658

DevilsGlare.7658

The outstanding thieves in NA never used haste anyways… Cough Cough
EU is clearly light years behind.

If we ain’t laughin, we ain’t winnin.
Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

just played against a scepter/dagger ele that was bunker spec with cantrips. wow. can’t even remotely dent him and his dmg is nothing to sneeze at..and ranged..

I can’t kite him to try and widdle down for a burst shot. just completely outmatched. if you try a surprise burst… mist form. if you try to trick-shot till he is widdled down for a burst….his range on scepter/dagger will actually out dmg you and his attunement swaps and double water heals (triple actually with evasive) has his health not even moving..

I literally just have to walk away.

Know what my team used to do?
-Chain our bursts together.
I would call out a burst on the ele knowing he would burn mist form. Then our thief or warrior would jump in the fray executing a full unhindered burst. Never failed, always worked. This game isn’t about 1v1’s. I can’t think of too many match-ups in a tourny where a thief should be 1v1’ing a ele anyways, other than by random chances.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

i guess that is my problem.. always has been. I want a team game scrim but with the hopes that everyone is equal and anyone can kill anyone. I.e. counter-strike. Your team scrims another team…but you can individually kill any one on the other team. Not some bullkitten where “oh he is a ele… i’ll have to just leave and give them the win”

I guess i wasn’t cut out for games like this.

in PvP

DevilsGlare.7658

i guess that is my problem.. always has been. I want a team game scrim but with the hopes that everyone is equal and anyone can kill anyone. I.e. counter-strike. Your team scrims another team…but you can individually kill any one on the other team. Not some bullkitten where “oh he is a ele… i’ll have to just leave and give them the win”

Unfortunately for yourself, most games are going this route. You can’t truly compare an MMO to a FPS and think that’s a fair comparison…

Example: LoL, some match-ups just can’t be won without proper support or set-ups for ganks.

Team [CUTE]
QT Vain

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

So switch the match-up?
Reality is there is not perfect 1v1 balance unfortunate as that may be, and on some level you can assume it is intentional.
Man you know what Blind Bot eles used to do standard Assassins and Warriors man if they were given the chance? Tell them to go sit in a corner.

If I’m playing Pokemon and got Blissey out to counter X and he throws in hell a Zangoose with Brick Break, Blissey gotta get warped out or im sacrificing her.

Been trying out Smite lately. My Arachne isn’t like My Odin, he can go up against a hell of a lot head on, no problem. Arachne looks for people who are weakened and eats their face. I see the thief as the guy who eats off someones face while weakened primarily though we can 1v1.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

is this a troll? Thief is fine, just replace your rage sigils with fire ones. Honestly, they still need to nerf mug through the ground. Thief burst never even came from quickness in the first place, if that’s how you were playing -you’re doing it wrong lol (let me know if you want a guide).

1) Is anyone seriously playing with rage sigil? Omg.
2) Fire sigil instead of rage? so I suppose you are talking about the sigils on d/p or d/d, whatever. Fire sigil instead of air? Why!?
3) Quickness is (was) one of the most important things in thief’s burst. A burst without quickness is like 100% avoidable by anyone, no jokes. The backstab casting time is so slow that even a child could shadowstep it.
Let me know if you want a guide.

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

(edited by Kultas Sunstrider.9218)

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

Hitting people with Backstab is easy and typical.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

1) Is anyone seriously playing with rage sigil? Omg.
2) Fire sigil instead of rage? so I suppose you are talking about the sigils on d/p or d/d, whatever. Fire sigil instead of air? Why!?
3) Quickness is (was) one of the most important things in thief’s burst. A burst without quickness is like 100% avoidable by anyone, no jokes. The backstab casting time is so slow that even a child could shadowstep it.
Let me know if you want a guide.

maybe i read it wrong, but can’t understand if you are pro or against the quickness nerf .

:) sigil of rage, sbrofl.

in PvP

Shukran.4851

Hitting people with Backstab is easy and typical.

if they are sleeping yes. a normal opponent should avoid it or he will be not normal.
play thief for some time. it sharpens your reflexes