Are you having fun in pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: Inflames.8026

Inflames.8026

So we have had two days now to probably test out a few builds, play a few different professions and experince the full force of something you have yet to fully grasp.

One thing is for certain. There is an overbunance of some classes, while other classes are near gone.
Purely based on what Ive seen people being able to do and play Ive put revenant, scrapper, reaper and chrono as the top favourite , while warrior, ranger and elementalist seem to be a little lacking. Ive read through a lot of these nerf posts and we should have a solid argument for what needs an improvement, and what could be toned down.
The top counter agument seem to be “l2p”. While I’m sure its valid at times I think its more constructiive to inform eachother why its easy to counter, what lacks ect.
I’m sure some people are trapped where their favourite profession is subpar and their experience gets sour in pvp.
Lets stop being cold to eachother and instead help eachother out.

in PvP

Posted by: Rangelost.4857

Rangelost.4857

A long time ago, PvP used to be a lot more fun.

We used to play PvP because it was fun. We would customize our characters with PvP items we’d get, and some skins would be exclusive to PvP ranks, which gave us something to look forward to. There was no reason whatsoever for anyone who doesn’t like PvP to enter a match.

Nowadays, all rewards have been replaced with useless PvE loot. Ranks serve no purpose whatsoever, and most players are PvEers who just want an easy place to AFK and get free loot.

Hotjoin suffers from such appalling game design that you can’t even test a PvP build there. Players abuse of the spectate-autobalance-win exploit so much that all you ever see are matches that end in a 2 vs 5, 10 to 500.

Arena is unplayable without a premade team of five. Leavers and AFKers are ruining the fun for everyone, often sabotaging their own team to end the match faster so that they can get more PvE loot.

Once in a while, I’ll fight against an opponent who isn’t abusing of the game’s most unbalanced skills. I’ll fight against someone who’s trying to have some fun, and we’ll have a good fight. And in the end, we’ll have fun, and we’ll both be victorious.

But 5 minutes every few months isn’t anywhere near the amazing experience this game used to offer. Now, it’s no longer about the fun. It’s all about the rewards, and none a PvPer would ever care about.

in PvP

Posted by: vlad.4871

vlad.4871

Yes It s Great,We have soloque now and we don t need to face premades again…in maps like spirit watch or sky..mmr it s working great..LOVE IT

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

I feel as if the amount of CC in the game has gotten more and more out of control which is just driving me towards frustration. Too often I’ll be knocked down, immobil spammed, then chilled or feared and there’s just nothing I can do. Watching my health tick away from multiple poison and burning is just annoying when I’m already used a large amount of condi cleanse just to try and combat it.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Well i main thief, so short answer: no. Anet literary deleted this class from pvp.

Tried revenant, too faceroll.

Do not enjoy skyhammer and co. WTB ranked back.

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

Well i main thief, so short answer: no. Anet literary deleted this class from pvp.

Tried revenant, too faceroll.

Do not enjoy skyhammer and co. WTB ranked back.

I main thief as well and got the same feeling, thieves are gone.
So obviously I’m not having fun, I’ll have to reroll even tho I like the Thief.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

i play cele scrapper in premades so, yeah I’m having a good time

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

pvp isnt gonna be fun until herald, scrapper, chronomancer, dragonhunter, and reaper are nerfed.

most ridiculously high skill floor right now.

thief remains the only profession that’s actually difficult.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

For me there is no fun anymore since the mmr “bugfix”. My win ration went down to like 20%. Considering I have not reached 50% yet I am supposed to lose another 48 matches. No matter how good (or bad) I play the mayority of teams I get has no real chance to win. This is rather disapointing to say the least. Even more if those marketing guys of anet see PvP in great shape. So I don’t expect any improvment either.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I suppose the people who are having a good time are playing the game and not on the forums XD. But yea, I’m playing DH and having a blast.

At the moment, I can’t list any single class as OP because i’ve yet to consistently have trouble against anyone.. there seems to be a high skill cap for these spec classes so it’s way too soon to start calling nerfs.

@ sinject.4607 – If 5 out of 9 classes are op, why not buff the 4 classes that aren’t?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

sinject.4607

I suppose the people who are having a good time are playing the game and not on the forums XD. But yea, I’m playing DH and having a blast.

At the moment, I can’t list any single class as OP because i’ve yet to consistently have trouble against anyone.. there seems to be a high skill cap for these spec classes so it’s way too soon to start calling nerfs.

@ sinject.4607 – If 5 out of 9 classes are op, why not buff the 4 classes that aren’t?

that’ll lead to a massive power creep given where those 5 (herald, dragonhunter, scrapper, chrono, reaper) are right now.

celestial herald is so much worse than celestial d/d ele (even at it’s peak) it downright makes the game unenjoyable the moment you’re queued against one. same can be said for scrapper as well. i know there’s the whole “learning to play against new things” advantage but you can spend hours, like i have, dueling them and still not be able get a single win.

dragonhunter and chronomancer are definitely a rung below scrapper/herald, but still ridiculous. reaper also to a lesser extent.

there’s MULTIPLE issues, almost all of which are clear and immediately apparent upon even a few duels worth of playtime, with these elites in terms of balance. they are well beyond the point of using them as what we should expect the game to be balanced around. the buffing that would be required to core professions and the likes of daredevil/druid to compete with these 5 elite specs are now would be wildly unreasonable.

but hey if you want to see thief buffed to the point where i no longer have to drastically outplay somebody just to barely beat them that sounds good to me too.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: Gringo.2163

Gringo.2163

even nostalgia is not what it used to be

//btw when will be the new ladder system ?

in PvP

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Game need a causal 10 v10 map. And reviesed the Daily to be point with X class instead of win.So even people with low skill or bad lag can still complete the daily while not giving excuse for AFKing.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Wow…people mention that a guardian build is OP and you get an answer like “no build is OP atm and I enjoy playing dragon hunter”

The..

This coming from @Sayan the same guard player who was asking huge nerfs to ele for months…that’s double standard for you

But wait there is more XDD

]I suppose the people who are having a good time are playing the game and not on the forums XD

This coming from the guy who was spending 3/4 of the day on the forum asking for huge nerfs on ele and visibly defending burning guard.

Not here to complain about anything…except your outrageous double standards

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: Sanity Points.8073

Sanity Points.8073

No seriously, whoever thinks that some of those classes are balanced right now are dreaming

in PvP

Posted by: Collero.7963

Collero.7963

I haven’t spoke to one person yet (most of them being higher-tiered players on EU) who aren’t miserable as kitten with sPvP. It’s not just the poor balance, it’s the fact that there is still kitten all reason to sPvP and when leagues come, it’ll be even more depressing with the amount of premades farming solo or duo players.

Isn’t there just so much to look forward to in GW2. /sarcasm

Top 10 TeamQ // Rank 1 & 2 SoloQ // 12,000+ sPvP Games
…and what a waste of time it all was.

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

It’s not just the poor balance, it’s the fact that there is still kitten all reason to sPvP and when leagues come, it’ll be even more depressing with the amount of premades farming solo or duo players.

This. They’re doing everything wrong. Instead of separating solo and group queues for a fair and healthy league, they leave it as is and push for guild premades to participate.
Will be a nightmare for solo q, unless you can play between 2am and 5pm on weekdays…

in PvP

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

What with WvW ruined with a PvE map, this was all there was left. Between kittenty matchmaking, OP elite b.s. and premade farm squads, I am seriously thinking about just uninstalling and being done with it.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Personally, I have played a few pvp games, and it isn’t very fun. Everything has been taken way too far in power-level in extremes. New bruisers are basically bunkers (scrapper, reaper) are nearly unkillable, bunkers (druid) ARE unkillable without +1 (not that bunkers should easily die, but these guys live while making tons of mistakes), burst builds have so many chained active immunities (herald, chronomancer) on a short CD that they can survive any fight indefinitely, and CC is just at a new level.

The pace of combat isn’t very enjoyable, the power level of new elite specializations make them “must have” and makes even something like old D/D ele seem unviable. When the last “OMG SO OP, THIS IS THE STRONGEST BUILD EVER IN THE GAME” from the previous meta is now “kinda weak,” something is seriously wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

This. They’re doing everything wrong. Instead of separating solo and group queues for a fair and healthy league, they leave it as is and push for guild premades to participate.
Will be a nightmare for solo q, unless you can play between 2am and 5pm on weekdays…

They whont since the game isnt succesfull enough yet in pvp. So soloq will go at the cost of teamq popularity. But leaving soloq out will mean the game will be less popular in the long run anyway.

The funny thing is that they are arrogant…despite the lack of popularity of pvp in the esports scene.

The pvp game is a joke according to most of them. When i mention GW2 amongst my old group of wow friends, who where all multiglads ppl just laugh. Its all due to horrible decisions like removing soloq, horrible matchmaking (has been like that for years).

Instead of hiring a real good exp pvp dev or teamleader…they pour all their money in to price money.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

They whont since the game isnt succesfull enough yet in pvp. So soloq will go at the cost of teamq popularity. But leaving soloq out will mean the game will be less popular in the long run anyway.

The funny thing is that they are arrogant…despite the lack of popularity of pvp in the esports scene.

The pvp game is a joke according to most of them. When i mention GW2 amongst my old group of wow friends, who where all multiglads ppl just laugh. Its all due to horrible decisions like removing soloq, horrible matchmaking (has been like that for years).

Instead of hiring a real good exp pvp dev or teamleader…they pour all their money in to price money.

So much this….

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Wow…people mention that a guardian build is OP and you get an answer like “no build is OP atm and I enjoy playing dragon hunter”

The..

This coming from @Sayan the same guard player who was asking huge nerfs to ele for months…that’s double standard for you

]I suppose the people who are having a good time are playing the game and not on the forums XD

This coming from the guy who was spending 3/4 of the day on the forum asking for huge nerfs on ele and visibly defending burning guard.

Hey hey! For the record, I asked for nerfs on Guardian’s PF as well. I’m not entirely bias!

I never said no build was OP, I said I haven’t met any OP builds as of yet. I’ve fought Reaper and felt it was a 50/50 fight. Same goes for Chrono and Scrapper. That doesn’t mean that every other classes perform the same against each other too.

“I suppose the people who are having a good time are playing the game and not on the forums”
When people QQ, you’ll see “Nerf X Build” or “PvP is Bad!” threads and hordes of players posting in these threads. This isn’t exactly the case with HoT. A lot of player’s genuinely like PvP. I mean, who here are consistently saying that a certain class is OP or that PvP is bad? That’s all that I meant.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Yes at first until Elitist keeps chatting on map chat and blaming others when they are losing calling names and trash talking. And calling every player stupid.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Yes at first until Elitist keeps chatting on map chat and blaming others when they are losing calling names and trash talking. And calling every player stupid.

isnt that quite the opposite of an elitist…????

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

sinject.4607

The..

Hey hey! For the record, I asked for nerfs on Guardian’s PF as well. I’m not entirely bias!

I never said no build was OP, I said I haven’t met any OP builds as of yet. I’ve fought Reaper and felt it was a 50/50 fight. Same goes for Chrono and Scrapper. That doesn’t mean that every other classes perform the same against each other too.

“I suppose the people who are having a good time are playing the game and not on the forums”
When people QQ, you’ll see “Nerf X Build” or “PvP is Bad!” threads and hordes of players posting in these threads. This isn’t exactly the case with HoT. A lot of player’s genuinely like PvP. I mean, who here are consistently saying that a certain class is OP or that PvP is bad? That’s all that I meant.

Well, a good player playing an overtuned elite spec like DH is pretty obviously not going to run into as many issues. I recommend trying to 1v1 a cele herald. It’s cancer incarnate, even for a DH.

When you’re on the outside-looking-in on the “I payed $50 to be overpowered” meta (that’ll hopefully be quickly addressed by extremely necessary balance patches) the game isn’t fun at all. The entirety of the thief subforum is literally people lamenting just how bad the profession, even with daredevil, has gotten thanks to being the one profession anet is horrified to buff in almost any notable way.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

only thing that’s given me and my pals trouble is the Druid. the binds + heals make for a great bunker. not op imo, just a mission to deal with.
but then again, I’m not a thief trying to 1v1 cele bruiser builds lol. would probably be floating in the salty sea of tears that is the theif forum if that were the case. still seeing a lot of thieves in EU tournament teams post HoT tho, so idk if it’s really that bad.

only surprise I had was a fresh air tempest… oh boy those overloads smart

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

I’d say sure, I’m having fun because I’m learning new elite specs and how to counter them. It’s really all about adapting. Either you do it to stay relevant or be unhappy with changes and play something more enjoyable.

All in all, I prefer the pvp mechanics of the pre June 23 update where you had the opportunity to distribute points in all 5 trait lines. But I’m sure they made the changes to accommodate the expac.

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

Not really. The more matches I play the more I hate the elite specs. Only even played today because a friend who wasted his money on the expac was on. Glad I saved my cash, to be honest.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Dragonhunter’s CC might be a little bit over the top, Gravity Well is like deathly test if you have a stunbreak or not and that Druid’s Blind is annoying, but I’m having fun.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

since i would have to play this filthy pit of bullkitten called unranked my fun in pvp is at a point where i don’t play anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Eagelseye.6312

Eagelseye.6312

PvP is never easy and is always requiring more skills and team coordination than PvE. Besides, PvP is not about solo-Q or solo-duelling. Solo-duel is just practice but if a player wish to get into serious PvP, then it has to be guild premade rather than solo-Q. Hence the step taken by Arena is probably in the right direction.

I used to be a Rated Battleground Flag Carrier in WoW and have returned to MMO after a long time. Players there also cried about overpowered Mages etc. But at the end of the day, a guild pre-made where players know each others gameplay and are connected over Skype/Teamspeak etc. will win over random pugs. This is a true fact and this is what PvP is all about.

I do agree that Hotjoin is crap. People join, leave, AFK and ruin the experience for others. However recently when I was in a game and lost, I noticed two players coordinating well on the opposite team. In the next games, I made sure to join their side and there were few wins in a row as such. This again shows that if you are playing in a same team and know what your team mates are going to do, then you win, or else you lose.

Buffs and Nerfs are part and parcel of the game. All I can suggest is that instead of worrying about Buffs and Nerfs, find a PvP guild and the experience will be awesome ahead.

Also please suggest or recruit me if you know or are from a regular PvP guild. Thanks.

PvP mail DH and Thief, PvE main Staff Tempest/Druid/PS

in PvP

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

I used to enjoy PvP a lot in the past, but it started to go downhill once they started introducing passive proccing crap and didn’t even acknowledge balance issues.
Went back to Archeage just to kitten , and I shed a tear when I realised I’m actually having more fun being 2-shot by P2W players than when I queue in gw2 pvp…

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

pvp isnt gonna be fun until herald, scrapper, chronomancer, dragonhunter, and reaper are nerfed.

that’s really funny as I’m destroying all of the above with my power druid. the only one giving me trouble sometimes being the scrapper.

that being said, kitten’s really hard for thieves now yes.

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Ooooooo… multi-glads… let me act like anyone anywhere considers WoW PvP to be respectable.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

I am enjoying playing new builds in pvp, sometimes I get somewhat flustered when a completely unknown build to me wrecks me, sometimes I’m laughing as poor folks are falling into my newfound skills leading to easy 1vx matches on unsuspecting players. Right now I’m playing not to win or lose, but to ease into new builds, find the classes I like and don’t like, and learn the play/counterplay.

Still having trouble with some Dragonhunters though, I think you have to be a hard range counter and be smart about staying out of traps, but as melee, your screwed if you fight them on point in the traps.

in PvP

Posted by: Scambug.3502

Scambug.3502

Yeah really enjoying that new DH trap that instantly removes half your health with no effort whatsoever.
Also honorable mention to that other trap that stays invisible even after it’s been activated and knocks you down 5 times in a row…cause you know, it’s invisible so there’s no way of telling when it’s over.