Arena Net Logic

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

I’m talking about SOLO queuing…
I might be totally wrong, and i welcome any Dev to comment/help explain…buuuut…

1) Why create a league system which relies on winning pips, and consecutively, to climb said leagues when…..the mmr system is constantly trying to put you into 50/50 match-ups?

If your win ratio is 50/50 (regardless if you had a 70% win ratio at the start and pushed to say, ruby or diamond) how are you expected to get 5 pips to climb a division when your mmr system actively tries to prevent this?

2) If this isn’t hard enough. Arena Net then decide to put solo queuers and duo queuers up against 4-5 man premades (ts or no ts).
EVEN WORSE, they try to compensate by messing about with the mmr system even more to ‘make up’ for the fact you are not a premade. You then lose, 2 pips gone, sad day. But you were supposed to win!? Because the mmr system put the player with higher ranked people to ‘compensate for facing a premade’. Despite them having no syenergy, pre match class comp setups, team speak etc.

3) If this couldn’t get any worse. The high ranked players are now starting to queue with low ranked just to force easier match-ups and carry on farming the poor yoloqueuers.

Basically Arena Net are saying, unless you have unlimited hours to play, or unless you make premades and tryhard the queues, you have no right to be in diamond/legendary regardless of skill.

I’m not saying every Tom, kitten, and Harry should get Diamond/legendary in the short period of time, but if you didnt want solo queuers to be handy capped and you wanted to give them as much of a chance of skill prevailing over premades, why DONT YOU HAVE SEPARATE kittenING QUEUES?

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

They used to have separate q’s. And people kittened.

Now they don’t have separate q’s. And people continue to kitten.

Honestly, wtf do you expect them to do? Either route they go someone is going to be unhappy. There is only so much they can do to compensate.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Angina.9314

Angina.9314

I’m talking about SOLO queuing…
why DONT YOU HAVE SEPARATE kittenING QUEUES?

Because long queues for full premades are unacceptable. We experienced this in WoW, Rift, Warhammer … everywhere. Tho i am not defending them, sometimes i wanna cry (and it is cry of hopelessness) when i see how the game is punishing me for solo queuing. There should be solo queue, with options “i want solo” and “i dont mind, queue me with premades”.

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Liam McColgan.7689

@ LanfearShadowflame.3189

Since when did people complain about having a separate solo and premade queue? I’ve played this game for over 3 years now and from what i can remember, people only complained about the balance in solo queues, not the fact there was them. I think most veteran players would agree the original solo queue was 100x better at determining skill than the current system. Despite it having flaws.

And even if they did, when ANET announced there would be only 1 queue, there were tons of posts saying it was a bad idea, and there have been tons since.

Remember when they were going to put stronghold into the map rotation too, yet ANET actually listened to the community that time.

Saying there is ‘only so much they can do to compensate’ is not a basis for saying its fine. It’s not.
If the ‘lack of player base’ is the primary reason, then this game is kittened already.

In any competitive scene or sport, a bunch or randomers, regardless of how skilled, should not be facing a premade with all the communication, synergy, class pickings they can choose from. And especially not if the aim is to try and win consecutive pips to climb anywhere.

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Honestly, wtf do you expect them to do? Either route they go someone is going to be unhappy. There is only so much they can do to compensate.

I don’t remember people complaining too much. I do remember a lot of people scratching their heads and being outraged when soloq was removed. I don’t remember a single person, beside Anet, saying removing soloq was a good thing.

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

This is plain lie. I Played this game for years, people did complain about balance, maybe long q times for teams but nobody ever complained about soloq or EVER asked to merge teamq and soloq. EVER.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Liam McColgan.7689

I don’t remember people complaining too much. I do remember a lot of people scratching their heads and being outraged when soloq was removed. I don’t remember a single person, beside Anet, saying removing soloq was a good thing.

Yeh im not sure what LanfearShadowflame.3189 is referring to. I completely agree, there was a way bigger issue about the removal of solo queue, than there ever was when it existed.

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

they used to have separated queues and nobody to play with so people kittened.

Now they don’t have separated queues but a league system to grind so people kittened.

This league system is just a way to bring farm in PvP because the purpose is to climb your league position from a trash tier to your supposed MMR tier. So league is supposed to be relevant after 50 or more boring games but then you can exploit the system and party with a lower tier player and keep climbing your league position over your MMR bracket.

Finally it is just in line with the rest of the game: PvE blob farming event and world boss, WvW Karma train (even though WvW is dead) and now league farming for shiny butterfly wings…

Welcome in Farm Wars 2!

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

sigh

The loudest complaint, since essentially day 1, has been (and probably always will be) “long wait times.” It has been such since the game began, regardless of separate q’s existing or not. Part of the reason for the merging of the q’s was to help alleviate this issue. Granted, I have never been a mainstay in the pvp crowd, but I do wander in on occasion. That complaint never goes away.

As such, there is only so much they can do to compensate. No, don’t read that as “it’s fine” because I agree that it’s not fine. The system has its flaws, and I hrumph about it too. I understand that people feel that breaking the q’s apart would be good, but I disagree. We would simply end up right back where we started and the cycle would begin again.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

It was a struggle but I was able to get to diamond by solo queuing.
Also, Anet will most likely never separate queues again b/c their PvP population is so tiny. No one wants to wait 10 – 30 minutes for a queue to pop…
I do believe however that they should separate divisions though. Someone shouldn’t be able to get legendary in stronghold and then screw other people over when they play conquest b/c they’re trash at that game mode.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Syde.5961)

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

I talk lot of kitten because as dev ArenaNet devs decisions sometimes kitten me the hell off. Especially in only game I really kittening like.

So here is my biggest free contribution to ANet. We don’t have rang list anymore. We have Leagues. Introduce one simple check left or right of stronghold/conquest preference saying “I prefer to be matched with 9 other people around my rank/mmr playing also alone in 5v5 fight. /sidenote Might increase queue times.”

Check is self explanatory. We don’t even have to call it soloQ, we can call it chance_at_fair_fightQ.

And everything is fixed. People want chance_at_fair_fightQ, they have it. People want to play with friends, they have it. People want smurfQ till Legendary and beyond, they have it.

And yea lets be real, smurfing can’t be fixed. But you sure can allow people to have chance_at_fair_fightQ.

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

I’m fine without a separate solo queue. Most matches I get with solo players vs solo players are actually more annoying than matches I get vs premades anyway. There are so many problems in both the game, the build choices of players and the matchmaking system putting players that are clearly so far beyond clueless it hurts, with players that aren’t, yet when you lose 2-3 pips you realise it expected you to win with that guy, that there’s really no point fussing over separate queues. It won’t solve anything really. It might trade a couple of matches you would get destroyed in due to the other team’s far superior coordination, for every other match queue taking twice as long, though.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

Arena Net Logic

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is just another example of ANET not listening to players. How many times do they need to mess up before taking some advice. They’ve already wrecked WvW and PvP is only succeeding because PvE players are learning how to cheese their way to titles.