Arenanet doesn't take Solo Queue seriously...

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

- Leave Skyhammer in the rotation as an utterly broken map
-Refuse to add the obvious solution for 4v5s (functional readyup button)
-Add standard models to team queue and custom arenas only (???what)
-Leave leaderboards in a broken state that punishes players for playing multiple games per day.

Basically, arenanet doesn’t give a single kitten about your solo queue experience. All of these things could be fixed in one day. ONE day.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

why should they give a kitten about it?

Nothing good has come from it. In fact it’s been quite the opposite.

IMO they should just delete it.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

why should they give a kitten about it?

Nothing good has come from it. In fact it’s been quite the opposite.

IMO they should just delete it.

Because we all know how solo queing in the team queue and getting farmed by premade teams offer a more interesting experience and creates a better sense of competition, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

The only problem is that leaderboard is too volatile. Everytime i check, i’m lower rank that i thought i would be, although i’m not under the impression that i’ve lost so many matchs.. It’s like loses are -50 ranks and wins are +20. If it was smaller min/max brackets, then :
- you wouldn’t have low experienced players ( less than 50/100 games) on top 1000
- you wouldn’t lose because you have 1-2 low experienced players in party ( especially in such a meta)
- bad loses ( unfair compositions, 4v5, eventually skyhammer for solo queue) wouldn’t hurt that much
- decay wouldn’t be needed..

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

ante doesn’t take the whole pvp seriously. They never did.

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I like how Skyhammer and Spirit Watch aren’t good enough for teamq, so lets just throw them into soloq! Anet says soloq is “competitive” yet these maps are here. Which are obviously unbalanced or they would be in teamq and offical tournaments.

Competitive my kitten , all you did was take a horrible matchmaking system and throw in some garbage leaderboards.

#esports

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Its E sports or GTFO dude lol the casual player does not apply to pvp why you think stuff isent fixed ? after 6 months of 4v5 ? promise of in game ladder ? where are these ?

[WM]give us in game ladder

in PvP

Posted by: Readymade.1672

Readymade.1672

I used to solo into team arena prior to solo queue coming back all those months ago. I remember talking to anet employees and people about the new game mode. They basically made it clear to me they had two goals: 1. That people would actually play it and 2. That queue times wouldn’t be too long.

If you understand that these were their only goals, you understand why solo queue is in the state it’s in. It will take a fundamental revamp of the game mode, from matchmaking to map choices to leaderboard/elo accuracy, before solo queue ever is taken out of the dumpster and into a serious light.

NA’s Original Staff Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

lol que times not taking long what a joke. This is at 5pm pst, which is pretty much primetime. Have to wait this long and the match is still a blowout.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

lol que times not taking long what a joke. This is at 5pm pst, which is pretty much primetime. Have to wait this long and the match is still a blowout.

The only way they can fix that issue is to make solo queue more rewarding. They can’t win because people would rather wait to be matched up fairly rather than running into issues were total noobs end up on your team at expense of queue times.

in PvP

Posted by: Zapion.2967

Zapion.2967

Everytime i check, i’m lower rank that i thought i would be, although i’m not under the impression that i’ve lost so many matchs.. It’s like loses are -50 ranks and wins are +20. If it was smaller min/max brackets, then :
- you wouldn’t have low experienced players ( less than 50/100 games) on top 1000

I dont get it =/
http://puu.sh/bZV1r/0bcb544502.png
Also had better then 2:1 w/l and had just 94% lol

The actual rating system is confusing and frustrating.
Also 10+ loses are just 4on5 matches. I really hate ppl with their wooden pcs who need more then 5mins to reconnect or just go afk after they lost the first group fight.
I had some ppl who roamed far at the very beginning, died painful and cried why nobody was helping them.
Such experience, very challenging. Yeah, challenging. The challenge is to carry a team through a match.

#truthofsoloq

(edited by Zapion.2967)

in PvP

Posted by: SPESHAL.9106

SPESHAL.9106

The culture actually starts in hotjoins where team swapping, quitting, afking, etc. have no repurcussions.

Think about ANY game on the planet. Would you play if it would start with unequal teams…if people could rage quit mid-match without any immediate penalty.

Not to mention…what if the game also included a random game/map where you could be 1-shot (sometimes from stealth) from certain players? Would you choose to play?

Is it any wonder why the best players don’t play solo-que or hotjoin???

Is it any wonder why PvP participation is so weak???