Arenanet's Goals for PvP

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

What do you guys think Arenanet’s goals for PvP actually are?

We’ve seen a lot more tournaments happen starting in 2014-2015, but we’ve also seen the removal of features like Solo Queue and the leaderboard.

To me, it feels like the community organization side of things is going well. That side is presumably handled by Grouch (Josh Davis) and that’s one part of why we have weekly ESL tournaments and tournaments like ToL and WTS.

On the flip side, it feels like the infrastructure developers for the PvP side of the game couldn’t give a rat’s kitten about creating proper systems for a competitive community – things like MMR/skill based leaderboards, fair matchmaking systems, and competitive, exclusive rewards for performing well (Llamas are the biggest joke I’ve seen in a game tbh). The leaderboard has actually gotten way worse, competitive solo players are quitting the game, and the tournament scene is stagnant with the same players competing week after week.

What do you guys think?

Ranger//Necro

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Alexander.9810

Alexander.9810

Nothing’s going to change – they’re understaffed, they’re trying to make one size fits all solutions as usual, and with Blade and Soul coming out I doubt GW2 is getting any extra investment from NCSoft to do ambitious projects like ladders or revamps of the competitive matchmaking system.

Yall need to stop ragging on Arenanet so much and blow up NCSoft’s corporate “Contact Us” emails to show them that people care enough about GW2 and that they’re willing to go to the source, not just yell and scream at the messenger and the understaffed worker bees.

Warrior in FFXIV, the best MMO in the world
Former Warrior in Guild Wars 2
Former Sith Warrior in SWTOR

(edited by Alexander.9810)

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

First of, they tryed to improve the leaderboards, which kinda didn’t go that well, but they tryed to.
Also we are still in the test seasons, so we will see what the final leaderboard will look like (leagues, anybody?).

With Heart of Thorns they will also give us real Team leaderboards, which will be very exciting IF the leaderboards are working properly by then.

I think they are specualting on stronghold being the new esports gamemode and they will don’t further support conquest if the community supports the new gamemode.

I think anet is well aware of the fact, that pvp only really works if there is also a competetive scene in the game.

People are more willing to put in a lot of hours in pvp if there is competition in form of “esports”.

Yeah, so I think they will try to further improve pvp. The problem that the pvp team has is, that they don’t get too many resources compared to pve.

If pvp grows, anet will provide more resources for pvp, if it doesn’t it will kinda stay this way i guess.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

we’re getting a game that has actually changed its directions many times before even this expansion.

1. The time when it was heading for Conquest strictly and Temple of the Silent Storm, Spirit Watch and Skyhammer were all designed with the vision that this mode will be the long term rule.

2. The time when the devs realize class balance is actually the real issue and started trying to bring warrior and necromancers on par from being underpowered. Unfortunately they could only focus on this while people were also raging about Conquest was a boring mode etc.

3. The time when Custom Arena came out then Courtyard came out. By this time, PvP was already a sliver of what playerbase it had during the 2012 launch. And at this point, the PvP team talked about developing new PvP modes but for some strange reason they did not want to show it ‘until it’s done’. For players, we just feel the direction is utterly confused or nonexistent.

4. And now we know the new game mode is Stronghold. Again, the revelation came too slow. Many people already left. Whether the devs (not PRs like Josh because let’s be honest he is the guy that works the hardest and jokes the least around) are admitting their sloth or at least not trying hard enough to prove that they want a serious esport~~we will only see with HoT..

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

we’re getting a game that has actually changed its directions many times before even this expansion.

1. The time when it was heading for Conquest strictly and Temple of the Silent Storm, Spirit Watch and Skyhammer were all designed with the vision that this mode will be the long term rule.

2. The time when the devs realize class balance is actually the real issue and started trying to bring warrior and necromancers on par from being underpowered. Unfortunately they could only focus on this while people were also raging about Conquest was a boring mode etc.

3. The time when Custom Arena came out then Courtyard came out. By this time, PvP was already a sliver of what playerbase it had during the 2012 launch. And at this point, the PvP team talked about developing new PvP modes but for some strange reason they did not want to show it ‘until it’s done’. For players, we just feel the direction is utterly confused or nonexistent.

4. And now we know the new game mode is Stronghold. Again, the revelation came too slow. Many people already left. Whether the devs (not PRs like Josh because let’s be honest he is the guy that works the hardest and jokes the least around) are admitting their sloth or at least not trying hard enough to prove that they want a serious esport~~we will only see with HoT..

Yes, and the problem is that many of their ideas were disasters, with the exception of Skyhammer, as “disaster” isn’t quite strong enough for the hate that map caused. Spirit watch was heavily criticized, too. In their attempt to balance, they made warriors so strong for so long that even casuals could see a major imbalance. Necromancers have huge issues as a whole because of the sorry state of conditions in this game. Courtyard was another terrible map. At this point, I nearly gave up. And Stronghold? I won’t write it off until I try it, but I don’t know how much more I can take before I go back to LoL and just play GW2’s PVE.

All of this on top of the player complaints that go ignored for so long. How long did turret engis ruin casual pvp before the build was nerfed almost to the point of uselessness? How many threads did it take before Skyhammer was “fixed?” Or before Warriors were nerfed? Or Rangers actually got some love? The list of problems that are STILL around for months—even years—is sad.

I have always felt that GW2’s spvp was so close to being great… until we get some ridiculous change, like the removal of SoloQ, that makes us all bang our heads on our keyboards. At this point—with an expo around the corner—I feel like I’m in a failing marriage, and that we are just hoping that having a baby will revive it. Unfortunately, that never works out.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

These are their goals and I’m still waiting for them, can a dev respond to this? https://youtu.be/e9mARxB2aLM

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

ANet’s goal: casual-friendly e-sports with little to no developer attention.

The game has e-sports potential at the core level. But it never had a chance to develop a strong player-base because of the snail’s pace of adding infrastructure (working matchmaking, good leaderboard, reward unification). At the same time, it’s dumbing down the gameplay systems to cater to people who are incapable of learning or thinking. Things like removal of jewels from amulets, forced queue from heart of the mists, “farmboards”, a “PvE race” game mode, etc.

Maybe if they roll back some of the dumbing down, Heart of Thorns will re-invigorate PvP. But it’s unlikely.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

According to their past two test leaderboard itterations that’s the complete opposite of what they were going for.

The game has e-sports potential at the core level. But it never had a chance to develop a strong player-base because of the snail’s pace of adding infrastructure (working matchmaking, good leaderboard, reward unification). At the same time, it’s dumbing down the gameplay systems to cater to people who are incapable of learning or thinking. Things like removal of jewels from amulets, forced queue from heart of the mists, “farmboards”, a “PvE race” game mode, etc.

Maybe if they roll back some of the dumbing down, Heart of Thorns will re-invigorate PvP. But it’s unlikely.

They sacrificed pvp experience by adding eye-candy UI and Forcing players to stay in HotM.

• It only pushed players away.

They combined solo and team pvp for simplicity and population control reasons.

• Unfair matchmaking further lowering the pvp experience for many players

They added a grindy leaderboard system as if players loved playing 99 games a day.

• It discouraged players to pvp casually.

They’re not dumbing things down, they’re trying to prioritizing and it’s hurting the pvp experience.
This is the definition of poor infrastructure.

Everygame has poor infrastructure. The fact that ArenaNet is trying to improve it is reassuring. The fact that improvements take a year to accomplish, is not.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Zunami.8560

Zunami.8560

Nothing’s going to change – they’re understaffed, they’re trying to make one size fits all solutions as usual, and with Blade and Soul coming out I doubt GW2 is getting any extra investment from NCSoft to do ambitious projects like ladders or revamps of the competitive matchmaking system.

Yall need to stop ragging on Arenanet so much and blow up NCSoft’s corporate “Contact Us” emails to show them that people care enough about GW2 and that they’re willing to go to the source, not just yell and scream at the messenger and the understaffed worker bees.

In a HoT interview I seen the interviewer heckling Anet about the lack of updates and content over the years. Anet assured the guy that they haven’t laid any one off and actually increased their staff.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Puck.1509

Puck.1509

Hey I actually touch on this, on what would I believe really fix the competitive edge to PvP, It is a simple fix, but it just takes them a glance to get an idea. A voice and a following would priorities their attention, if more people spoke out about solutions, if we directed them as a community we would stand a chance at changing this for the better and hopefully to its success. I know this game has been out for around 4 years but to balance a game as intricate as this requires such time, especially with their PvE demands. It just about making a noise, not at the small woes that you face daily such as power rangers! Or most OP classes. League of legends provides how ever many champion or ‘professions’ as it is called here without the re-skin and still creates a successful competitive community, you can talk all you wish about the state of it, but they make noise and they support the game rather than assaulting it. We have to do the same.
They look past the perfect balance, if what was the turret engineers that created havvok for afking, almost the same as a power ranger using a 3 button rotation and sniping targets. How do you counter those? By working together or outsmarting the simple plays, turret engi? Focus team on the most dangerous turrets and once they are out, focus engineer as his build will be very simple, easy squish. Power ranger will first flurry you with arrows then block when he is recharging, once you keep away you go in and and strike for an aggressive cleave.
These OP classes take a lot of skill if used correctly however, they only need a place where if you used a simple build simply you would not make it up the leader-boards until a certain point of time or experience from successful games. This can be achieved if there was tier based PvP.

Here is a link to my forum post about it, and it is followed by a demonstration playing competitively solo. I do prefer team games though.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Helping-GW2-create-succesful-competitive-PvP/first#post5098551

.Ethereal Phantom/Puck

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

… what would I believe really fix the competitive edge to PvP, It is a simple fix, but it just takes them a glance to get an idea. A voice and a following would priorities their attention, if more people spoke out about solutions, if we directed them as a community we would stand a chance at changing this for the better and hopefully to its success….

No, GW2 devs have been and will continue to ignore the PVP community. Their history has shown that we are not a priority to them. PVP lacks competition because with competition must come a rating system which would show if someone is better or worse than you. AND THAT is everything that arena net is against. Its why we cant have dueling, its why in WvW names are hidden, It’s why we have no visible (or even effective) mmr system, Its why there are no other game modes than conquest (in conquest being bad is easily hidden as we all know the point system doesn’t reflect skill level and you cant watch all 4 teammates to see who’s bad because they aren’t always near you) . It’s why rewards are all obtainable with linear progression, you can lose every game ever and still get to dragon rank, get all the glorious armor etc. It’s why damage meters don’t exist, its why mods aren’t aloud, and it’s why there is no voice chat in game.

Arena Net is afraid that peoples feelings will get hurt and unfortunately that’s what competitive play brings. So no, unless Anet stops telling everyone they are the best like a parent to child, we will never get the competitive pvp scene we want.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

(edited by OneKlicKill.4285)

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Puck.1509

If enough noise is made on solutions rather than problems, then I believe it is possible for them to prioritize their attention, also if they found that PvP generated most revenue from the gem store and people purchased coins off their instead of Gold Sellers then they would statistically realize PvP is showing great potential to focus their attention to and provide fixes that we voice out rather than critique without a solution.
They need to take a plunge, take a risk but they need to know they have the backing of the community. Why would they host a sporting tournament offering $50,000 on the table if they didn’t care for their PvP. Its just people nag them for such negative non constructive feedback that they are constantly pressured to work with rather than being redirected to the wrong things to fix. We need a separate, league or arena for competitive users the same as they had on the original game. Its taken a long time for them to get to where they are with the all the fixes that has made this game diverse and challenging, they also have one of the best PvE, aesthetically and functional living worlds on the market. If only we helped them up, we have the ability to do so through the gem store like I said.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

The PvP community has been asking for all of these things, made so many posts of constructive feedback that countless isn’t even a viable description anymore. Most of the PvP community has left because we never got any of the competitive elements we were promised, devs showed a lack of understanding on being able to competently balance. Now people like yourself (and I a few months ago) have come back to the game. And it still has SOOO much potential to become a big pvp esport the gameplay is there; but its the same potential it had at release they STILL don’t have an effective leader-board or MMR system. There is NO way to distinguish a good player vs a bad player in-game, they even make the champion titles easier to get to the casuals by allowing them to trigger in unranked, effectively making ranked even more useless. Anet have tied their hands by refusing to put a focus or more members to the PvP team. They refuse to work with the best teams and players to discuss the problems with balance and instead balance around the FOTM at the newbie level, by devs who have a lack of understanding of what actually makes classes strong. We’ve been asking and recommending and providing solutions to problems for years. It is and always has been in A-nets court. We cant build the structure, we cant add an MMR system, we cant balance the game ourselves. If you want to make a change its time for you to become a programmer, get a job at A-net, get on their PvP team, take over the PvP team and instill change from the inside because nothing we post on this form will ever change what they do. All we can do is communicate with each other here, not with them (go look at their post history in this form).

Your false hope will fade like all of ours has and you’ll realize that most of us pvp in this game because aside from mobas, competitive gaming is all but dead. The game industry itself has been dead for years now, new games are nothing like the 2005 WoWs or the Wc3s, SC2, counterstrikes etc. Games make money off the largest portion of their playerbase, and thats is and always will be the casuals. If something upsets the casual plaerbase (like pvp shaming for being bad etc) the smart move, and the choice Anet makes is to not include these “anti-fun/casual” things in the game.

We all want A-net to give us these features but if I was in A-nets shoes and my job was to make money, I’d do the EXACT thing they are doing. They make money off the cash shop and expansions. neither of which have much to do with the pvp aspect of the game. Until casuals stop shoveling money into the hands of devs for content that is subpar games wont improve. And making that change is not something you or I can do by posting on these forums.

Unless of course you can get an Anet dev to respond to this thread in which case you’ll become famous here, I wish you luck in this graveyard that is the PvP forums.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

there is no date for Blade & Soul yet but yeah! i’m going to play it for sure and it is actually e-sports atm not just a try-hard wannabe like some “other” game…

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Puck.1509

This is me, I’m just getting started, I will bring this game up, even if I do get recruited by them. I would be the spokesmen for their forums. I do believe they care judging by the sheer amount of work pumped into Heart of Thorns. It is their last bid attempt to amass a funding to help the troubled areas of the game. They’ll listen. Most games first 4 years can be a struggle, the difference from the time I started from the time I quit is WvW players were most of the player base for some time accompanied by PvErs. PvP has never really had a big scene. But the boston tournaments show they want it. Anet only mean good and the community is well rounded and well behaved because of it. But PvP has to break those borders in order to become competitive.
I’ll wake the community up.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

there is no date for Blade & Soul yet but yeah! i’m going to play it for sure and it is actually e-sports atm not just a try-hard wannabe like some “other” game…

Doesn’t every game want to be a “try-hard wannabe” or aka successful? But w/e that game’s story intro sounds ridiculous lol.. wasn’t impressed with some of the pvp mechanics either so i’m not sure how you got the impression of “e-sports”.
Not being bias, i’m just saying.

b.o.t: @Voltrath I completely agree. They’ve been understaffed since launch. It’s why pvp gets no updates, bugs are still here since launch and has been addressed numerous times. Yet the PvP infrastructure has gotten worse instead of improved. If I had stock invested in the GW2’s pvp scene, I would pull out on the 10th month after HoT launches and cut my losses. The pvp scene is going to get boring and dull, same as it is now. Especially if leaderboards continue to be as they are.
Tournaments (if ArenaNet continues to fund them) is the only means of competitive play.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Alexander.9810

Alexander.9810

Arenanet would be advised to pull of a Squaresoft circa 1997 vs. Nintendo and look for any way they can to break off of NCSoft and publish their own games. Squaresoft got lucky and ended up making a fortune off of the Playstation launch, so Anet’s journey would be a lot harder though. Save up money, talk to publishers from other companies about what it takes to do it, go to school for accounting/marketing, among other things

Until they have control of their own destiny, they’re just assembly line slaves in NCSweatsoft

Warrior in FFXIV, the best MMO in the world
Former Warrior in Guild Wars 2
Former Sith Warrior in SWTOR

(edited by Alexander.9810)

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Kill all form of competitiveness in this game so that everyone is happy enough to buy more gem store items.

Tour

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

PvP feels like a fan-made life support project. I lost every incentive to play the game. The ladder means nothing. If I want real competition I can’t just do it in-game like in GW1 or WoW – no, I have to participate in 3rd party fabricated tournaments in custom arenas with no infrastructure whatsoever where rewards are manually distributed. Can’t even observe tournaments without going to twitch. (another 3rd party)

I feel like they deliberately don’t add things to PvP just to pursue the e-sport dream. For instance, lack of in-game observer mode forces players who want to learn from those matches to watch streams (where people can’t select which part they actually want to watch) and lack of high-end reward structure forces players to participate in these tournaments.

Problem is, growth and “e-sports” can’t be forced, it’ll hurt the game not help it.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

It feels that way because it is. They expect e-sports to magically materialize because it sounded cool.

Nobody cares about this game and nobody will care because all these years they could barely be kitten d to make 1 balance pass per six months. As long as builds are just as if not more important than player skill nobody will care. I will never tune in to watch any tournament as long as I hear “well this person has this build so this guy has to just abandon point because he can’t win”. I got over Rock Paper Scissors when I was in elementary school.

This game had a queue removed. They actually removed SoloQ. They actually intentionally made it so you have nothing to do while you wait in queue except sit and look at your watch like at the doctor’s office. That’s how badly planned this is. When the expac hits, everything will go to hell as balance will be completely broken by all the new stuff and god knows how bad Stronghold will be. And it will take them months to do or fix anything. Just like always.

This game is great… as a casual, for the lulz kind of game. If I start taking anything seriously that’s my queue to play Dota, or even Evolve, which despite the mass leavings over stupid bugs still manages to balance patch once every 2 weeks.

(edited by TainoFuerte.8136)

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

You actually hit it spot on.

The community side seems to be growing and doing decent.

Their ingame infrastructure and rewards however have gotten worse or rather have been deleted, with only a torture chamber left for those who dont want turn into PVE carebears.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

According to their past two test leaderboard itterations that’s the complete opposite of what they were going for.

They sacrificed pvp experience by adding eye-candy UI and Forcing players to stay in HotM.

They added a grindy leaderboard system as if players loved playing 99 games a day.

They’re not dumbing things down, they’re trying to prioritizing and it’s hurting the pvp experience.

Everygame has poor infrastructure. The fact that ArenaNet is trying to improve it is reassuring. The fact that improvements take a year to accomplish, is not.

this guy knos

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Guys comon, it’s not so bad. It’s to expected that some people leave during launch. And when you ask me sPvP can use a small boost. But it’s not like it’s that bad if you ask me. I still know many people that actually swapped from PvE to sPvP and play some matches daily.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

this guy knos

Indeed he does, at least Anet are trying to improve the situation.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

We’ve seen a lot more tournaments happen starting in 2014-2015, but we’ve also seen the removal of features like Solo Queue and the leaderboard.

To me, it feels like the community organization side of things is going well. That side is presumably handled by Grouch (Josh Davis) and that’s one part of why we have weekly ESL tournaments and tournaments like ToL and WTS.

On the flip side, it feels like the infrastructure developers for the PvP side of the game couldn’t give a rat’s kitten about creating proper systems for a competitive community – things like MMR/skill based leaderboards, fair matchmaking systems, and competitive, exclusive rewards for performing well (Llamas are the biggest joke I’ve seen in a game tbh). The leaderboard has actually gotten way worse, competitive solo players are quitting the game, and the tournament scene is stagnant with the same players competing week after week.

What do you guys think?

I think there’s an expansion coming and you should all wait for it. If you’re here long enough you’ll figure out that they don’t release anything new till they’ve got a full package. Therefore, the only time you’ll be seeing anything new is closer to the expansion, especially for PvP.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

What do you guys think?

I think there’s an expansion coming and you should all wait for it. If you’re here long enough you’ll figure out that they don’t release anything new till they’ve got a full package. Therefore, the only time you’ll be seeing anything new is closer to the expansion, especially for PvP.

Obviously they release things without having a full package, e.g., the broken leaderboard they made months ago and still haven’t fixed.

Ranger//Necro

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I think its the best if we all move on. Look at Blu, former gw2 caster. Right now he was hired to cast FPS games on twitch for 40,000 people, and getting really good reviews.
Basically moving on from GW2 Esports did way better for him than anything. I’m gonna start suggesting all casters to move on from GW2 because it hurts me to see them get exploited with false dream so much.

Tour

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

i believe they are not doing anything to current stuff. its all about new expansion and milking that cash from it now. competitive play is currently for free gems and little beer money and free vacations for the most dedicated ones. i guess that will have to do. everything they did for the current matchmaking system and leaderboard is just worse imo.

(edited by Covis.6037)

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Blade and soul is not even close to e-sport. Well it is to someone who hasn’t played it extensively.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

Blade and soul is not even close to e-sport. Well it is to someone who hasn’t played it extensively.

BnS and GW2 are kinda alike in this point.

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

doubt they even have goals

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

I want random areanas(like in gw1), 1v1 areanas, and more maps some balance patches and thats pretty much it.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

I think its the best if we all move on. Look at Blu, former gw2 caster. Right now he was hired to cast FPS games on twitch for 40,000 people, and getting really good reviews.
Basically moving on from GW2 Esports did way better for him than anything. I’m gonna start suggesting all casters to move on from GW2 because it hurts me to see them get exploited with false dream so much.

This is true. I’m not ever expecting GW2 to be legitimate “esports” at this point. I’d just like them to give us an actual leaderboard, the ability to do stuff while in queue, solo queue, etc (most of which was better/functioning before).

Ranger//Necro

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

What do you guys think?

Obviously they release things without having a full package, e.g., the broken leaderboard they made months ago and still haven’t fixed.

Yea, about that; Guild Leaderboards in the upcoming expansion. The Leaderboards you see now is just a test to get the algorithm right and now, they are doing a really good job considering how my match-ups have improved over past few months.

But you know, you can always continue screaming bloody murder.

You know, some people actually do things because they want to and not because they want to make money from it.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

What do you guys think?

Yea, about that; Guild Leaderboards in the upcoming expansion. The Leaderboards you see now is just a test to get the algorithm right and now, they are doing a really good job considering how my match-ups have improved over past few months.

But you know, you can always continue screaming bloody murder.

You know, some people actually do things because they want to and not because they want to make money from it.

Yes, Ceimash. We know you think Anet does a great job on everything and no one should complain. However, pretty much anyone who has ever played a game with a competitive leaderboard could tell you that Arenanet’s leaderboard for PvP right now is a huge joke. Also, no one is ‘screaming bloody murder’. Keep exaggerating.

Why would “Guild leaderboards” solve anything when it’s clear Arenanet wants to use bogus formulas they made up themselves for the leaderboard.

Ranger//Necro

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This left me speechless. :o Do you not read forum threads?

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Khalisto.5780

Khalisto.5780

This left me speechless. :o Do you not read forum threads?

Lol i think he’s blessed by the MMR gods

Love roaming builds and non meta silly builds.
Don’t worry boys, Blade and Soul is coming.

Arenanet's Goals for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Lets be honest, the pvp in this game flopped really hard. And they see it like that aswell. Whatever happens in the future is just to stop the bleeding a bit untill the pvp side pretty much dies.

They lack talent that knows how to create a healthy pvp community/structure. The only way to fix this is too hire ppl with quality experience in pvp development. … And this will never happen since they whont get funds to hire anyone like that.