Armor in PvP

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: MARKONINI.4153

MARKONINI.4153

I think that there has to be a warning if you are trying to enter a PvP game without your armor on (at lest the armor giving pieces – chest, leggings and boots).

I’ve been in a few games in the past 2 weeks where there are people who play PvP naked (or semi naked). And when you whisper them trying to explain why they die in two hits … “OMG YOU ARE A NOOB ARMOR DOESN’T MATTER IN PVP” :/

There is absolutlly no indication anywhere in the game that having no armor means you are gonna be more squishy.

Tinypaws / Tiny The Charrdian / Marko The Guardian

Guardian has no alternative :)

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

PvP Armor is all about skins as far as I’m aware.
(As you set your build in the PvP Builder, not your equipment panel)

Though I’m not sure if wearing armor is required for basic stats.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Armor in PvP

in PvP

MARKONINI.4153

PvP Armor is all about skins as far as I’m aware.
(As you set your build in the PvP Builder, not your equipment panel)

Though I’m not sure if wearing armor is required for basic stats.

Chest, leggings and boots effect the amount of armor you have (not toughness, only armor) depending on your armor type (heavy / medium / light)

Just open up your “PvP Build” menu and look at your armor amount before and after equipping your armor pieces (one of the three that do give armor).

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

It does matter, and that’s exactly the point thats being made. You need to have “something” in the chest, pants and boots slot to get maximum armor in pvp. It scales, so it doesn’t matter what you have there, but ypu must have SOMETHING in that slot.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Armor in PvP

in PvP

MARKONINI.4153

It does matter, and that’s exactly the point thats being made. You need to have “something” in the chest, pants and boots slot to get maximum armor in pvp. It scales, so it doesn’t matter what you have there, but ypu must have SOMETHING in that slot.

Yep… and this is something that is supposed to be common knowledge to anyone who even thinks about doing PvP … yet only a small percent of players actually know this due to the fact that it is not mentioned anywhere :/

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The reason I keep hearing people say this requirement even exists is to prevent players from going naked. Which is stupid anyway.

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

The reason I keep hearing people say this requirement even exists is to prevent players from going naked. Which is stupid anyway.

Regardless of why it’s there, it’s there, so people need to be aware of its impact. Also, I can see why they’d want people to actually wear armor.

What they need to do is only give 2 pieces of your runs set per piece equipped, and grey it out if the requirement isnt met. That’ll get the point across.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

So you would gladly run into battle without any clothes on in real life? Right.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

I don’t think the skimpy outfits half the playerbase runs around in is much better than just going naked in terms of protection.

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I don’t think the skimpy outfits half the playerbase runs around in is much better than just going naked in terms of protection.

But but but, magic? Right?

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Armor in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

But but but, magic? Right?

It’s called tanking by distraction.

One – Piken Square