As a thief player, dh needs a buff

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

While the class 9 out of 10 times counters mine, it isn’t good for the health of the game if a class isn’t playable. Sure, I ran on to point and got one-shot by traps. Sure, I got hit by the TS + JI combo. Fine. But 20 percent nerf? That is way too much, especially on a highly telegraphed skill that renders the user immobile. Meanwhile we have rev over here spouting garbage with sword two every 5 seconds on little to no telegraph….

Anyways, the problem with dh is that it doesn’t have any utility. It is basically a one trick pony that has an easy counter. I don’t know much about the Guardian, and I can only suggest things to improve before leagues come out.

Give this a go Anet:

-Introduce a trait (maybe one that is taken on Dragonhunter by default) that causes
traps to provide some defensive bonus (vigor or regen, or maybe remove a condi)

-Allow Shield of Courage to heal a little bit on the Guard and nearby allies. This would give it more team fight ability (Just a reminder, the purpose of a “Guardian” is to support, though it seems that has been forgotten).

-Let puncture shot heal nearby allies if it hits a second target (That way it isn’t as consistent as something like druid staff auto, for example).

I know there are some other things that could be included, or that some of my points may introduce new issues, but something needs to happen. I would really hate to see another season where a class isn’t usable. Please, if you have any suggestions or want to correct one of mine, feel free to include those.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

You want F3 to be the new F2?

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Anet’s summer balance patch:

“reduce signet of mercy’s cooldown by 5 seconds”
“reduce Purification’s healing by 20%”

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

You want F3 to be the new F2?

Not necessarily, but Guard needs more help in the survivability apartment. After they get the burst off, there isn’t much they can do except range / kite until it comes back up. Mesmer has the same mechanic, but far better kiting skills. Guard… Guard can’t kite as well. So therefore it needs something to help it live longer. Not necessarily the F3, but something needs to get better before it will be on-par with most of the current classes.

And since the “Nerf Everything” patch didn’t happen (unfortunately), the only other thing that can help it is a nerf to everything else.

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Anet’s summer balance patch:

“reduce signet of mercy’s cooldown by 5 seconds”
“reduce Purification’s healing by 20%”

DEAD kittenING ON

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

1. fight dh
  2. dh pops Hunter’s Ward or Dragons Maw
  3. try to teleport out
  4. cant dodge + teleport because the tight AoE perimeter knocks you down on dodge roll start up
  5. cant damage, cc or otherwise interact with dh thanks to Shield of Courage/1000 sources of Aegis/trap daze/Heavy Light/Spear of Justice/trap blind
  6. teleport out because it’s only option
  7. knocked down
  8. teleport out also hit you for 2/5 of your HP thanks to Test of Faith
  9. eat True Shot while still knocked down
  10. enter downstate or wait approx. half a second to get auto’d once and die.

dh had too many ridiculously “kitten ed if you do kitten ed if you dont” situations for too many professions, especially in conquest due to the value it creates in on-point pressure.

in PvP

Booms.3952

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  4. cant dodge + teleport because the tight AoE perimeter knocks you down on dodge roll start up
  5. cant damage, cc or otherwise interact with dh thanks to Shield of Courage/1000 sources of Aegis/trap daze/Heavy Light/Spear of Justice/trap blind
  7. knocked down

dh had too many ridiculously “kitten ed if you do kitten ed if you dont” situations for too many professions, especially in conquest due to the value it creates in on-point pressure.

dude, im really sorry about your mental illness is there anything i can do for you man?
cheers.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: DuoMaxwell.8019

DuoMaxwell.8019

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

La mao serious? Because DH were all over dominating everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

No, DO NOT buff DH, please. It’s fine as it is. Instead nerf the rest, especially mesmer rev etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

No, DO NOT buff DH, please. It’s fine as it is. Instead nerf the rest, especially mesmer rev etc.

+1 that.
Dragonhunter changes were fine. They nerfed a little too powerful skill whilst promoting some less used options.
Unfortunately they forgot the first part foe ele and mesmer. And they also forgot rev completely.

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

Let’s look at a different scenario:

1. fight dh
  2. dh pops traps
  3. they do nothing because you dodged/used stab/had invuln (or you just can kitten outheal them)
  4. dh dies, because once the traps are baited, there’s really nothing they can do.

Sounds better? Definitely (unless you’re that dh, of course).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

Let’s look at a different scenario:

1. fight dh
  2. dh pops traps
  3. they do nothing because you dodged/used stab/had invuln (or you just can kitten outheal them)
  4. dh dies, because once the traps are baited, there’s really nothing they can do.

Sounds better? Definitely (unless you’re that dh, of course).

Do the DH you fight not use things like agis shelter and renewed focus, as well as that wings of resolver that heals for a nice chunk. Most DH I fight don’t kill me because of the traps or true shot. It’s the amount of blocks blinds they have.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

If they are running all traps and dropping them all at once at the begining of a fight they deserve to be screwed, just like any other class that uses all their utilities right away

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Do the DH you fight not use things like agis shelter and renewed focus, as well as that wings of resolver that heals for a nice chunk.

Oh, yeah, a guard that can use dragon’s maw and a renewed focus in the same fight might be a problem. For a different reason than you think, however.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

They don’t have to take maw. In fact not many do.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

sinject.4607

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

dude, im really sorry about your mental illness is there anything i can do for you man?
cheers.

Sorry about being on a pro league team whose most notable achievement is rage quitting mid-game lmao.

(edited by sinject.4607)

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

cheers.

Sorry about being on a pro league team whose most notable achievement is rage quitting mid-game lmao.

ayy lmao

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Booms.3952

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

cheers.

During the worst meta of all time in the history of gw2. Yeah sorry of we didn’t wanna play in the time of tumors.

Sorry that you fail at everything in life and at best are a 1/10 player.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

sinject.4607

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

cheers.

During the worst meta of all time in the history of gw2. Yeah sorry of we didn’t wanna play in the time of tumors.

Even if I didn’t own a computer I would still have as many pro league wins as you

Should’ve been named Zero Recorded Wins

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

A few comments:

Just a reminder, the purpose of a “Guardian” is to support, though it seems that has been forgotten

Yes, the purpose of “Guardian” not “Dragonhunter”. This is how balance between elite and core specs should work: you have to change playstyle. DH is supposed to be a more selfish and damage/CC orientated spec. I actually think the AOE heal should be removed from F2 and ally block from F3. DH virtues should be stronger for self but selfish.

Meanwhile we have rev over here spouting garbage with sword two every 5 seconds on little to no telegraph….

Agreed, I actually did not think that true shot was a very big problem, but well.

Overall the problem with DH is that it has some mechanics which are too strong. For example guardian has many wards (staff, hammer, to some extent sanctuary), but hammer ward is a melee + highly telegraphed skill, very hard to land; staff is ranged but is just a line. LB was a ranged ring, which made it very strong, especially seeing as the animation was so often invisible. Dragon’s Maw is a trap, with very short activation so hard to avoid especially in lower tiers.

Having those strong mechanics means either you know how to counter them and you have no problem fighting a DH or you don’t and you’re dead in less than 5s. So ideally, those mechanics should have been removed or significantly rebalanced, and thus no need to nerf everything else and the class remains competitive.

Now to be fair, the problem right now is still the power creep. Most people would still argue that DH is stronger than core guardian, and thus I think it needs further nerfs. But of course, that would require massive nerfs to all other elite specs.

in PvP

Booms.3952

1. fight dh
  3. try to teleport out
  7. knocked down

cheers.

Even if I didn’t own a computer I would still have as many pro league wins as you

Should’ve been named Zero Recorded Wins

Wow TIL being the 8th best team and a top 40 player at least is a bad thing. That’s pretty weird coming from an extremely garbage hotjoiner.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

Its not problem with dh. Core guardians needs a buff to it weapons and such but dh is fine.

What is not fine is that they keep buffing already broken stuff and basically no nerfs. Druid sustain is insane, broken condi mes got buffed. Stuff that should be reworked/nerfed was untouched. This is not balance, this is a circle of nerfing one class into ground and buffinf another beyon op levels.

The most fun fact is that all dh nerfs coming from wvw. Hammer rev suffered for the same issue – wvw. Split f. balance already cause there is no way to keep it up balanced in all gamemodes.

If that was balance patch and they dont plan to do nerfs and such i know for sure that i wont even touch pvp activity anytime soon.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.