Ascended Gear in PvP

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Divine.3279

Divine.3279

Ya done did it now Anet.

Personally, I was fine with having the legendary backpack Ascension in play in PvP, as I never really cared much, but now you let hell loose in PvP by adding Ascended Gear rewards in Ranked.

Why the hell is this a thing? The amount of PvE Players that are going to flock Ranked is disgusting. It would be 100% absolutely fine if these PvE Players knew what they were doing and know how to at least somewhat play, but 99% of PvE players who only come for Ascended Gear don’t know how to rotate, they have a pve build on, and worse they have absolutely no idea how to use any of their skills in PvP or even know what a dodge roll is.

Now I’m not hating on the PvE community at anyway. Come join us for PvP, we’d love to have you guys play with us, but for god sakes please if you DON’T know what you are doing in PvP matches, please DO NOT que for Ranked and expect to get a good treatment, as 9 out of 10 times people will flame you for not knowing anything about PvP mechanics and only being there because you want Ascended Gear.

If you guys want Ascended Gear, that’s completely okay. I get it, Ascended Gear is a pain to farm and a pain to craft, but if you want to get it from PvP, please, I’m not speaking for ME only, I am speaking for the entire PvP Community. Please take the time to learn to play your class, and to learn PvP mechanics before you go anywhere near Ranked. That’s all we ask.

Just a Necromancer
Nothing that Special
Necromancer Guide for PvP

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: REGGADO.1237

REGGADO.1237

Well I already have got about 14-16 ascended gear pieces, few weapon boxes and precursor and all just from playing pvp. Nothing new.

In past, pvp skins was a thing, but they decided merge pve with pvp, so no way back. All these rewards just pvp integration to the rest of game.

The more players in pvp the better it will be. Just think about it if not pve players pvp would be dead now. Also its good opportunity for pvp players explore other sections of game that didn’t had gear for.

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

I just had a long discussion about this, my last 4 losses were due to my team mates having never played PvP before this season and only joining the games for the easy armors. Some of them tell me they will stop playing once they are geared.

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I just had a long discussion about this, my last 4 losses were due to my team mates having never played PvP before this season and only joining the games for the easy armors. Some of them tell me they will stop playing once they are geared.

I think it’s great PvE players are trying out PvP. The problem is that the matchmaker is doing a poor job at dividing up the lower ranks according to skill. I really think the matchmaker is sacrificing match quarity for queue time.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I am not really caring about the PvE players flocking to PvP if they want gear. Not all of those players are bad. Plus, the bad ones will be in low bronze against other equally skilled players of their level.

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I am having a personal game to count the number of legendary pvp wings I see per match in Silver. I`m seeing quite a few. There are a lot of terribads who aren’t from pve.

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

if you consider yourself a dedicated PvPer and “cant get out of bronze/silver” because of PvE players that only shows what kind of PvP player you are

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

OP, define pve player. I raid (kill all bosses every week) and do fractals, i also was legend in all 4 seasons and grinding in plat atm.

The only issue i see with new players coming to pvp is that they get average MMR.

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

you guys need to realize this is how you grow a healthy pvp population. all games do it. you get pve and wvw players to go to pvp most leave when they get their shiny but some stay the ones that stay grow the population.

im bad at sarcasm

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

you guys need to realize this is how you grow a healthy pvp population. all games do it. you get pve and wvw players to go to pvp most leave when they get their shiny but some stay the ones that stay grow the population.

Mostly this. People have long lamented spvp as a “dying mode” and now anet has made an effort to get people interested in it. There are pve players who are in it for the gear and will leave, but some will find they enjoy it and stick around.

There are also a lot of wvw players (like myself) who are mostly in it for the gear. I’d like to continue after since it gives me a different skill set to bring back to wvw with me, but 9 of my last 10 games have ended with a >150 point difference in winner and loser, which isn’t fun either way.

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

No it’s not. You don’t drop people into a game with different reasons for being there. That’s how you get people arguing and frustrated. Incentivizing PvP is what PvP rewards should be for. Not a carrot on a long stick for players who aren’t actually interested in PvP, in an effort by the devs to pad queue times.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Divine.3279

Divine.3279

For all the posts on this thread saying that this is a healthy way to grow the PvP population, I completely agree.

Like I said on my OP, I have no problems with PvE players trying PvP. I love it when they do, because it grows the population for the PvP Community. The point I’m trying to make is, before you que FOR RANKED PVP because you want Ascended Gear, please have the courtesy to know PvP mechanics, have a solid pvp build, and know your class.

I am not in anyway trying to discourage PvE players from doing PvP or to tell them to get out of PvP completely. I’m only trying to say that before you do RANKED please have the courtesy to learn pvp mechanics first.

Just a Necromancer
Nothing that Special
Necromancer Guide for PvP

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, OP’s request is pretty reasonable. I think the real problem though is granting rewards pips whether you win or lose. What we have now is a system where you can afk in pvp matches and farm for ascended gear faster than you can earn it in pve. That is the real problem here, and I can’t believe Anet didn’t forsee this.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Ascended Gear in PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Yeah, OP’s request is pretty reasonable. I think the real problem though is granting rewards pips whether you win or lose. What we have now is a system where you can afk in pvp matches and farm for ascended gear faster than you can earn it in pve. That is the real problem here, and I can’t believe Anet didn’t forsee this.

They probably did. It’s human nature to take the path of least resistance, and this is about as to-the-T as it gets.

Of course, not taking any steps to prevent it from happening – I’m curious as to why they did that. Perhaps it’s one of the planned changes, and they want to first see how skill rating and matchmaking changes worked along with separated pip rewards, before the introduced additional systems to prevent AFKing.

The solution to AFKing: factor in participation. PvP uses a very stripped down events system. Modify it to use the HoT form of the events system (that accounts for map participation), factor in things like time spent on point, damage/healing done on point, players killed on point, or even off-point, % of match spent actively participating, etc, and you have a means to track participation.

Meet a certain participation threshold (say, 50%) and maintain it to get 3 pips on loss. It should be reasonably easy to get to 100% participation, and hold it, just by doing normal things in a match (depending on class, role, etc).

(edited by Rashy.4165)