Ascended Shard rewards get worse as you go?

in PvP

Posted by: AsheR.1687

AsheR.1687

So I was excited to get to the Amaranth chest only to realize that I’m actually receiving less rewards now per win.

Looking at ascended shards per win:

Cerulean
25 shards per win

Jasper
18.75 shards per win

Safron, Persimmon
20 shards per win

Amaranth
16.67 shards per win

Byzantium (I’m guessing, could be worse, won’t be better.)
13.8 shards per win

The progression of shard rewards doesn’t seem intuitive. I only looked at shards, but PvP league tickets are probably the same way, due to the ramp up in required wins. How does everyone else feel about this?

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Shards are wothless anyway. Don’t care….

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I’m onto amaranth now, but can you repeat Byzantium once its done?

in PvP

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

It says repeatable on Byzantium so I would say yes

in PvP

AsheR.1687

Buying ascended gear is worthless?

in PvP

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

So I was excited to get to the Amaranth chest only to realize that I’m actually receiving less rewards now per win.

Looking at ascended shards per win:

Cerulean
25 shards per win

Jasper
18.75 shards per win

Safron, Persimmon
20 shards per win

Amaranth
16.67 shards per win

Byzantium (I’m guessing, could be worse, won’t be better.)
13.8 shards per win

The progression of shard rewards doesn’t seem intuitive. I only looked at shards, but PvP league tickets are probably the same way, due to the ramp up in required wins. How does everyone else feel about this?

It’s an infinitely repeatable system that persistently increases, even in losses. Stop being greedy.

One foot out the door, yet again.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Isn’t this basically in line with the diminishing return philosophy?

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

It doesnt really matter as it a repeatable reward track.

It also is a neglectible difference as theyre all in the 15-20x per game zone. Iproving your gameplay to win will net more shards, than wondering why you got 20+15 rather than 15+20

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

AsheR.1687

Yeah I guess its fine just seems weird to even bother with increasing chests at all. The final repeatable changes after you complete it anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Yes, for a true PvP player….

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I think this is possibly good because the very early, very easy ascended gear will entice people who might not otherwise PvP to come in and try out the season, while also not giving out all the ascended gear super easy?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Not for a PvP/WvW player..

in PvP

Posted by: Nova.3817

Nova.3817

its still a very ez method to getting ascended gear and is repeatable…..and once you get a set youll more then likely build up shards like mad…..dont get greedy pvp rewards are finally good lol live with it!

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

its still a very ez method to getting ascended gear and is repeatable…..and once you get a set youll more then likely build up shards like mad…..dont get greedy pvp rewards are finally good lol live with it!

Too bad it’s not repeatable…..

Attachments:

in PvP

Nova.3817

hmm i see but getting 20 gold is repeatable and for that kinda gold you can buy ascended gear the old way…. i dont even pve that much or do anything that really makes money and i find ascended armor super ez to get…there is so many ways to get it now and you can stat change drops or old armor i mean come on…

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

hmm i see but getting 20 gold is repeatable and for that kinda gold you can buy ascended gear the old way…. i dont even pve that much or do anything that really makes money and i find ascended armor super ez to get…there is so many ways to get it now and you can stat change drops or old armor i mean come on…

Boohoo you can make more gold a lot easier in PvE running AB and Silverwastes so that argument is very invalid. Quit being greedy. Like really it sounds like you are upset that they are giving decent rewards for players actually putting in time. The amount of time to keep repeating that Reward chests that 20g is not that much compared to how fast PvE can farm gold.

in PvP

Nova.3817

Boohoo you can make more gold a lot easier in PvE running AB and Silverwastes so that argument is very invalid. Quit being greedy. Like really it sounds like you are upset that they are giving decent rewards for players actually putting in time. The amount of time to keep repeating that Reward chests that 20g is not that much compared to how fast PvE can farm gold.

LOL what??

im saying the new rewards are good were they are…. they are on par with any other part of the game… i dont think you actually read what i typed lol..

in PvP

BlaqueFyre.5678

LOL what??

im saying the new rewards are good were they are…. they are on par with any other part of the game… i dont think you actually read what i typed lol..

It is early, for me and no coffee yet, it sounded like you were complaining that the 20g each repeat was excessive.

in PvP

Nova.3817

LOL what??

It is early, for me and no coffee yet, it sounded like you were complaining that the 20g each repeat was excessive.

LOL no worries …. but no i love the new rewards and to complain about it is crazy imo