Asura Animations Are Too Advantageous

in PvP

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

The only reason people in pvp play them is because they are small and it is an advantage. None of the other races have such advantages…only the disadvantage of being large. It is hard to target mesmers who are Asura moreso than any other mesmer race. People in pvp do not play Asura for lore reasons, let’s be serious…just do a poll and compare what races people play in pvp. Easy Asura will outnumber all the rest.

Just get rid of them and your game is that much more fair. I’m SICK of their tiny kitten animations, their annoying voices, and the targeting advantage they have. It was nice you fixed the targeting necros among their petting zoo, but the same issue still exists for mesmers who are Asura. Their animations are too hard to spot and see. That’s completely outrageous.

(edited by Soyboy.3548)

in PvP

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

No offence but your point doesnt make sense… First of all there`s no size advantage of being asura, only if you are a clicker and you dont use Tab Targeting which means that you are new in PvP which means that youdont have any complete opinion about PvP yet. second because their animations, voices etc. annoying you it doesnt mean they should remove it from PvP, is just stupid…

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

No offence but your point doesnt make sense… First of all there`s no size advantage of being asura, only if you are a clicker and you dont use Tab Targeting which means that you are new in PvP which means that youdont have any complete opinion about PvP yet. second because their animations, voices etc. annoying you it doesnt mean they should remove it from PvP, is just stupid…

You’re wrong. Asura does have an advantage. You might not know this, but skilled players read their enemies builds, utilities, weapons, and all related cooldowns. Asura being so small, can be incredibly difficult to read their animations. If a norn comes running at me, I can see what weapons he has equipped, and if he is using a skill I will read that animation. An asura can be incredibly difficult to read. A norn using a gear shield is much easier to see than an asura using gear shield.

As for the mesmer portion, it is also true. A very good mesmer can make themselves look like a clone (with the exception of things that are obvious, like phase retreat, dodge rolling, walking backwards, chaos armor, etc) but with asura, it can be harder to tell when someone makes a move that would have otherwise given them away if they were another race.

Good players use a mix of tab targeting AND click targeting. You must be “new in PvP which means that youdont have any complete opinion about PvP yet.”

P.S. There’s a reason why asuras get banned from tournaments.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i wouldn’t remove them, some ppl love the looks

they should just make their models bigger in pvp

you can’t tell earthshaker from dodge apart since they have almost same animation; add to it smallest model ever in dark clothing among 10000 of pets from ranger…. yeah gl seeing anything

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

among 10000 of pets from ranger…. yeah gl seeing anything

Aaaaand…you got the real point here….mm necros too..

in PvP

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

People in pvp do not play Asura for lore reasons, let’s be serious…

Some of us do! I decided to play an Asura for the Lore and looks before the game was even released. I play an elly in PvP, so only one weapon set and the most obvious animations of any profession ever! o.0

I fully object to removing Asura’s. Why not go the other way and just make everyone an Asura in PvP? A much better solution

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

in PvP

Posted by: Leaven.5723

Leaven.5723

U mad bro! Most ppl play Asura, because Braham’s helmet looks best on them with large horns

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

you can’t tell earthshaker from dodge apart since they have almost same animation; add to it smallest model ever in dark clothing among 10000 of pets from ranger…. yeah gl seeing anything

Agree. Just make them the same size and standarize the animations. There’s no need for them to be small. It’s too much of an advantage. Again, look at all the people playing Asuras in pvp. People gravitate to whatever class/race/build combo wins. Everyone “good” is Asura and this is not ever talked about. They wouldn’t be as “good” if they didn’t have the size advantage.

in PvP

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Agree. Just make them the same size and standarize the animations. There’s no need for them to be small. It’s too much of an advantage. Again, look at all the people playing Asuras in pvp. People gravitate to whatever class/race/build combo wins. Everyone “good” is Asura and this is not ever talked about. They wouldn’t be as “good” if they didn’t have the size advantage.

I don’t play asura in spvp, just like I don’t play builds that are stronger than they should be (like an exploit build). There are many good players out there who don’t play asura.

You sure have a knack for making yourself look bad.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

among 10000 of pets from ranger…. yeah gl seeing anything

Aaaaand…you got the real point here….mm necros too..

I wouldn’t say that’s the #1 issue. I’d say that for the most part, pets are made small so they don’t affect stuff like that. Ranger pets are too flash and move too fast to keep up with the ranger, but minions are bland and half of them don’t move (are ranged attackers) and have 0 flashy animations. A Norn/Charr/Human MM is super easy to watch in a fight (unless you’re terrible) but Asura can literally hide in even the smaller/ground running minions. The smallest asura can basically hide in them. Minions could use being a bit smaller, but asura being able to hide in them is the issue, not pets. If you can’t target a person who has pets that’s your fault, considering tabbing prefers players > pets now.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Just give us option to enable standard player model in PvP (human or norn) and bam, problem solved.
P.S. Standard player equipment will be appreciated too, especially when PvP legendary skins will be here. There is a tons of flashy particle spam already, and additional effects from legendaries won’t help with that.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

I am totally against the introduction of legendaries in PvP. Their chaotic nature has no place in a content that requires you to clearly read enemy movements… which brings us to the topic at hand.
The clear advantage of an asura is its lack of readability. It’s much more difficult to spot an asura’s animations as opposed to that of a human (let alone a norn or charr), specially when the battlefield is covered with all sorts of special effects.

However, I kinda like your idea of an option that would let you view enemies with a default model.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

(edited by Burjis.3087)

in PvP

Posted by: Laiboch.4380

Laiboch.4380

You know what happens to an Asura when you hit them with a hammer? Same thing that happens to everyone else..

I think having a default mode would be a really good option though. People that like how their little drowned rat looks can keep that and people that would like to have animations that can be read and reacted to get what they want. Its really a win win for everyone.

Zoe Pain [GASM]
DB Night Crew

in PvP

Posted by: Diba.4682

Diba.4682

I do think that removing asuras is an impractical solution and good luck trying to convince the developers to implement such a change. Meanwhile increasing their animations might be the first thing they can do to help us out and add something later.

It is hard though, one moment I have 3three charrs/norns around me and my team is about to win the fight, next moment everyone is dead because there was a zerker warrior with frenzy using hundred blades… who knew? I would have dodged if I saw it.

(BTW, you cannot “tab-target” a mesmer and expect to get the right one =/ )

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

I’d rather a drop down menu to with selection (similar to team colors in sPvP) that make everyone appear as human etc on the enemy team, everyone, or no one. This way you can still play what you want. The enemy players see what they want, and it lowers the overall barrier to learning 5x the animations on a single ability per class.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

They should implement a feature where you can standardize all enemies to be a certain race such as Norn. Asurans do have an advantage this game is about reacting to enemy skills it’s kind of hard to do that when a leprechauns telegraphs are barely visible. This game doesn’t have cast bars so you have to rely on reading opponents animations

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Removing a race from pvp makes no sense. I have no trouble killing an asura on my norn. Maybe get some glasses

in PvP

Soyboy.3548

I’m on board for some sort of standardized race checkbox we could do in the options or perhaps enlarging the asura and actually finishing their race animations to be as ostentatious as everyone else’s.

Brb modifying post name from “Remove Asura from PvP” to “Asura Animations are too Advantageous”

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Another vote for a standardized race drop down menu; it’s the only solution that makes sense and the best one at that.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Removing a race from pvp makes no sense. I have no trouble killing an asura noob on my norn. Maybe get some glasses

Fixed that for yah!