Asura ball LADD cup 2015

Asura ball LADD cup 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Metredel Le Preux.2587

Metredel Le Preux.2587

EU tournament
Asura Ball

The asura ball is a very ancient and noble sport whose forgotten’s origins date back to the first meeting between Norn and Asura. Legend says that Gixx have discovered a copy of this game’s rules during his excavations for the priory. Since this event, he preciously keeps it in one of his secret archives to protect his people from one part of the story that it is better to forget.

But as smart as he is, the old Gixx underestimated the knowledge retained by the second people of this story: the Norn. This is by searching the remains of the life of Gunnar Poundfist I came across a wonderful story of an asura ball match.

He describes it as a team sport and I quote, “As fun as a bare hand fight against a pack of rabid vaettir”. It also honors as well as the agility of the panther, the cunning of the raven, the team spirit of the wolf and the force of the bear. For the bear, I have to play this great game!

This is why I, Metredel of the Norn people, declare the opening of the Asura Ball LADD Cup 2015! Train your team, sharpen your senses, capture your Asura, get your hammer, drink your beer because your future legend will be written in this tournament!

If we believe our oldest Skaal’s stories, the rules were so wonderful and intuitive but, regretfully, not really adapted to our time. This is why I allowed myself to update them so that everyone can enjoy this great event!

Rules

• No runes, amulets, sigil
  • No automated attacks or basic skills, are allowed only controls and utilities specified in the build section.
  • The only authorized benefits are vigor, protection, aegis and regeneration. No buff.
  • A team consists of a goalkeeper and 4 players
  • The goalkeeper is a guard on each side to ensure fair opportunities of goal.
  • The goalkeeper is not allowed to go out of the goal.
  • The ball is a necromancer asura to prevent it from being “deflate” too easily.
  • The asura is also the main referee of the game
  • If the asura finds himself stuck in a wall more than 3s, it moves slightly to allow better access for the players
  • In case of serious misconduct, the referee has the right to disqualify the offending team
  • In case of asura going out of play, he is put into play at the out of play location
  • The warrior, the engineer and the goalkeeper are restricted to one per team.
  • The ranger’s pet must be in passive mode. No F2
  • The engineer does not have access to his utility belt
  • The thief can use shadowstep and headshot
  • The mesmer can use blink, mantra of distraction and signet of domination. No shatter

Serious misconduct
Are considered serious offenses

• use of prohibited builds
  • use of prohibited skills
  • use of not allowed benefits
  • insults, threats, provocation, inappropriate player name

Authorised build and class
see our website

Organisation
The games will take place on the map forest of niflhel and will be divided into two periods of 4 min to allow the teams to switch side. 2 team, which armor will be dyed to differentiate themselves, put themselves on the same team and the asura in the opposing team. The games will take place on Sunday 6th at 3pm for the qualification and on December 13th at 3pm CET for the final.

Registration
see our website

You can find all the important information on our website here

PS: sorry for bad english, not my main language. So if you don’t understand something feel free to ask me.

(edited by Metredel Le Preux.2587)

Asura ball LADD cup 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Metredel Le Preux.2587

Metredel Le Preux.2587

Hi everyone,

The Rewards are being discussed, but we guarantee to each participants an unique weapon skin

Don’t hesitate to talk about this tournament around you.

Have a nice day !

Asura ball LADD cup 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I wish I played on EU. Asuraball has always been a favorite of mine. Especially when done in wvw on a random asuran who never intended to play… XD Good for a laugh, since logging is an easy escape.

Asura ball LADD cup 2015

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Amazing. Good luck to the participants!

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”