Asurans Clear PvP Advantage...

in PvP

Posted by: Wyre.7458

Wyre.7458

It is obvious that the Asura have a clear advantage in PvP because of their size. Asurans are not only difficult to target without auto-targeting on, but their skills are impossible to see! It is much more difficult to dodge an asura’s skills than it is to dodge a charr’s or a norn’s

I don’t know about you, but i don’t want to feel like i need to pick an Asura for PvP or level one for WvW just to get this same advantage. Its just unfair to my poor poor Charr! :’(

I do have one suggestion. I know that asurans can’t shoot over objects or over rough terrain as well as taller characters because they lose their line of sight. This is a good start, but what if asurans had shorter melee range? that would be one fix, and it would be a natural disadvantage to counter their advantage from their small size? it would make sense! 130 range for an asura’s melee attack is basically a ranged attack for them…

Constructive responses only! Thanks for reading

in PvP

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Well if you want to make our melee range shorter, how about you shrink our hitbox size then too? It would be a natural advantage for us not to get hit when standing behind a rock larger than we are?

And once you get into the realm of realism, you will need to start modifying movement speed, attack speed, impact damage, range effects, durability, etc. to customize to each race/size.

Personally I think it would be a nightmare to implement

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in PvP

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

It is obvious that the Asura have a clear advantage in PvP because of their size. Asurans are not only difficult to target without auto-targeting on, but their skills are impossible to see! It is much more difficult to dodge an asura’s skills than it is to dodge a charr’s or a norn’s

I don’t know about you, but i don’t want to feel like i need to pick an Asura for PvP or level one for WvW just to get this same advantage. Its just unfair to my poor poor Charr! :’(

I do have one suggestion. I know that asurans can’t shoot over objects or over rough terrain as well as taller characters because they lose their line of sight. This is a good start, but what if asurans had shorter melee range? that would be one fix, and it would be a natural disadvantage to counter their advantage from their small size? it would make sense! 130 range for an asura’s melee attack is basically a ranged attack for them…

Asura has the same hitbox as any other race. This was discussed last year.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They do have the same hitbox, but it’s also absolutely true that their skills have much harder-to-see tells, and this definitely makes them favorable for PvP/WvW.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Asura already have a disadvantage that matches whatever advantage they gain from their tells being harder to see. Their angle of vision is lower when zoomed in, making it harder for them to see tells of larger characters and in some cases resulting in their vision being completely obscured by weapons with a lot of effects. And when zoomed out, their smaller size results in them often being obscured by other characters making it harder for the player of the asura to judge where they are in relation to other characters or see what is happening around them to choose a course of action.

Changing their melee range would make it impossible to participate in mass battles which are so frenzied and chaotic that you can’t react to tells quickly enough (if you can see them at all as people move around in the crowd) to make a difference. It completely breaks the design tenet that no race should be better or worse at a class than any other.

in PvP

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Yes, the smallest race always has an advantage in PvP (which here includes WvW—I really wished they had understood that WvW is PvP so it doesn’t need endless qualification). It has nothing to do with hitbox as they are all the same size. There are two main factors: 1) we naturally, as humans, discriminate by size in assessing threat and this should be obvious; and 2) the characteristic animations are hard to detect in a very small opponent, especially at a distance. This is why my WvW rifle warrior is an Asura.

Edit: I should say that I don’t see this as a problem that needs to be fixed; it is simply a fact of PvP life in any game that has it. It’s a very slight edge, not a gamechanger.

(edited by Raine.1394)

in PvP

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

They do have the same hitbox, but it’s also absolutely true that their skills have much harder-to-see tells, and this definitely makes them favorable for PvP/WvW.

I agree with that, I especially noticed that with devious teesa and her spin move which is similar to Kohler. Kohler is easy to see since he’s huge but Teesa is smaller.

But honestly, I don’t see any feasible solution to this.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

All of this was discussed literally a year ago when the beta weekends had started. That’s why Sanctuary is so small now, compared to the massive bubble that it used to be. There’s no distinct advantage my Asura Guardian has over a Norn Guardian. Once you learn the classes different basic animations, it’s really simple to predict them. The argument can be made that it’s impossible to tell on an Asura, but it’s really not, unless there’s stealth or someone’s not paying attention. Yes, you have to look a bit harder, but I’ve banished plenty of my fellow Asura off cliffs and walls because I could tell they were using Rapid fire, or Empower (who the hell uses Empower in 1v1’s…) or something else that’s easy to tell.

in PvP

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

If you are referring to the race, it’s asura, not asuran. To say one is asuran implies that there is a place called asura.

The only times it would be okay to say asuran is when you are referring to something created by the asura, such as asuran technology.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in PvP

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

New toggle in F11 – “standardise player size.”

All allies and enemies now appear as humans to you. Cultural armor becomes human cultural armor of the same tier.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Asura mesmers and their sneaky shatters in team fights smh

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Kaern.2538

Kaern.2538

rolled asura first for these reasons

in PvP

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

Gotta love the asura thief cliche in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Crawford.4135

Crawford.4135

To the OP: Ya, IF YOU’RE A BUTTON CLICKER!!

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I agree with that, I especially noticed that with devious teesa and her spin move which is similar to Kohler. Kohler is easy to see since he’s huge but Teesa is smaller.

But honestly, I don’t see any feasible solution to this.

Casting bars

in PvP

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

The suggestion was posted by Tumri.7892 three weeks ago here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Normalized-Character-Models-in-sPvP/first

For TL;DR people: basically an option that players can enable to see everyone as a human. This way there will not be advantage based on chosen race.

This is the only and the perfect solution imho.