At first I didn't believe...

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

At first I didn’t believe all the people saying that matchmaking is rigged, Gold is elo hell, etc! However, as a player that was at the top of the leaderboards in 2014 who recently returned, its absolutely ridiculous that a player can get 2k rating off of placements and others who had unlucky placements but may be at the same skill level are stuck in gold! Gold is RIDICULOUSLY hard to climb out of regardless of skill level because at that elo you can no longer 1v2 people, but at the same time everyone is still zerging around and has no clue on how to rotate properly! As a result, its basically impossible to carry teams, which leaves you stuck in gold with a 50% winrate because this games system is kittened up! Placements should get people into plat 1 max and then make it so that they have to climb! The point gains also need to be much higher, currently they’re BS and im gaining legit 10 per win! Unlike MOBAS where you can get fed and 1v5 carry in low elo, in this game you don’t get stronger through kills so its impossible to carry terrible players!

Teef Teef Teef Teef former high rank player

RIP Warrior

(edited by Potato.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Your way through gold is to coordinate your team pre match. Go in assuming they’re scrubs and they probably will be.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Your way through gold is to coordinate your team pre match. Go in assuming they’re scrubs and they probably will be.

You are assuming they listen to him, don’t forget, they are assuming he is a scub as well

in PvP

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Not assuming because I know they mostly wont. But if you can pair off an ele/necro it’s enough to change your win rate and get you moving forward.

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Or you’re just not as good as you think you are.

The people who have top rating with just a handful of games are smurf accounts of ESL-level players. Having those ratings isn’t wrong.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

https://youtu.be/UAMyh8DjCrQ?t=6

“helllloooooo from the daaaarksiiiiide” – Adelle parody.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Or you’re just not as good as you think you are.

The people who have top rating with just a handful of games are smurf accounts of ESL-level players. Having those ratings isn’t wrong.

This. I’ve seen ppl like Drazeh and Helseth 1v2 in legendary division on stream. It’s all possible if you’re skilled enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Whenever someone writes how they are having trouble in gold or silver we get the same guys over and over telling them they aren’t good enough. Thing is how would you know how good they are, why do you keep making asinine assumptions about something you know nothing about. When 3 of your team are playing to lose you are not going to carry that, and nobody cares if a pro player can do it. That proves absolutely nothing. Until you yourself can go through what they are going through you have no right to tell them where they belong.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Unlike MOBAS where you can get fed and 1v5 carry in low elo, in this game you don’t get stronger through kills so its impossible to carry terrible players.

Surprise, surprise. This game is truly team-based after all.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Thing is how would you know how good they are, why do you keep making asinine assumptions about something you know nothing about. When 3 of your team are playing to lose you are not going to carry that, and nobody cares if a pro player can do it. That proves absolutely nothing. Until you yourself can go through what they are going through you have no right to tell them where they belong.

So if this “trying to lose” is so rampant, it would affect both teams and your rating gains and losses would end up being roughly even, no?

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in PvP

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Whenever someone writes how they are having trouble in gold or silver we get the same guys over and over telling them they aren’t good enough. Thing is how would you know how good they are, why do you keep making asinine assumptions about something you know nothing about. When 3 of your team are playing to lose you are not going to carry that, and nobody cares if a pro player can do it. That proves absolutely nothing. Until you yourself can go through what they are going through you have no right to tell them where they belong.

No one is saying you can win each and every game, but if you’re consistently better than your opponent you will have more than 50% of your win rate. This doesn’t mean you’ll never have a loss streak, nor that there won’t be frustrating moments but again if you’re truly so much better you will recover from those.

“Nobody cares what the pros do”. Why is this exactly? When the “pros” are the ones in legendary rank and they can do it while you can’t… maybe it’s a sign you’re not going to hit legendary this season. Isn’t that exactly how it should work?

Now I’m not saying the system is perfect and couldn’t be improved on, but this “elo hell” thing you people keep shouting is logically just complete bs.

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

This game is truly team-based after all.

While the co-op part was/is always questionable depends on who you with/against; I’d say as a solo player it’s one of the best (not perfect) kind.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

In order to get 2k rating off of placements you had to go against top players all 10 games But certainly there should be a higher cap on placement games or a fix to how the system calculates MMR because it’s simple to exploit and all the top players are doing it.

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

In order to get 2k rating off of placements you had to go against top players all 10 games But certainly there should be a higher cap on placement games or a fix to how the system calculates MMR because it’s simple to exploit and all the top players are doing it.

Maybe some games but definitely not all 10 because I was in the 10th one for Timmytimtim and the opponents were at most plat with even some players in gold lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

No one is saying you can win each and every game, but if you’re consistently better than your opponent you will have more than 50% of your win rate. This doesn’t mean you’ll never have a loss streak, nor that there won’t be frustrating moments but again if you’re truly so much better you will recover from those.

“Nobody cares what the pros do”. Why is this exactly? When the “pros” are the ones in legendary rank and they can do it while you can’t… maybe it’s a sign you’re not going to hit legendary this season. Isn’t that exactly how it should work?

Now I’m not saying the system is perfect and couldn’t be improved on, but this “elo hell” thing you people keep shouting is logically just complete bs.

Trying to actively acknowledge when people make sense on this forum. Especially the bold part. I’m currently climbing, despite just suffering a crushing loss streak around 3 days ago. Played a few more games and am recovering and resuming my climb. Some people need to acknowledge their confirmation bias when they experience a negative game and overreact to it by saying the whole system is completely broken.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

This topic is completely garbage and I take back everything I said in this thread!
Wahoo! Bye Frands!

RIP Warrior