At first i thougth DH was fine, but now...

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Yes it is true that a DH placing all traps on a point can almost guarantee a decap (unless you are playing mesmer and use distortion, however it takes about two seconds to destroy all their traps and then contest the point. If they are smarter and don’t place all their traps down at once or even very close to eachother, it becomes more of a game. But again, they have virtually 0, yes 0, ways to deal with a good ranged player.

When I play p/p thief, I destroy them, when I play scrapper, I scrap them (however it is a more intense battle), when I play ele, I want to cry for them. I unfortunately am pretty bad at mesmer, but a good chrono should wreck them. A reaper should be able to handle it easily too, if he just brings a single pet. Rangers with a longbow destroy them as well. So that leaves warriors, melee guardian, and melee thiefs with some trouble. Every other spec I’ve noticed has some easy way to counter them. Especially if you see them place traps or even have a good idea of where they are located, just walk right towards them, watch your debuff bar, and dodge backwards when you get dazed. If they aren’t running daze on traps, you’ll have a harder time, but they will have longer cooldowns on their traps.

When a class can deal 20k damage in a second. It may seem overpowered, but in this game, it just means that a single dodge negates all of it. If you don’t want to dodge, then go watch dba and learn to DODGE….or just use range. (good range, not some crappy warrior rifle XD Sorry Warriors)

Laslty, for those claiming they teleport to you and place a bunch of traps right away, again, just dodge backwards once. Done.

People seem to think they understand the meta, but its still all over the place and constantly evolving.

Edit: Here is my recent match history:

http://prntscr.com/924rcw

(edited by Loboling.5293)

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

It isn’t that he thinks they need an adjustment. He just wants to suggest changes that won’t break him when the nerfs do come.

So you think taking the cc off of these doesn’t make a huge difference? The main complaint against DH is that it hits hard and it’s too difficult to dodge out of it between the daze and the initial burst. The comparison always comes back to ranger traps and how you can move out of them easily.

So toning down the CC makes a huge difference. Also without trapper runes you wouldn’t have to deal with guard disappearing constantly.

My points I’m trying to make is that your approach to balance shouldn’t be just hit cooldowns and damage. Because when you do that you are left with skills that no one wants. You can nerf things without making them useless. You want to bring them in line with other things. I think your problem is that you just want to completely obliterate traps because they make you salty. The point is to make them fair, not to make them useless. Guards already have enough useless skills to their names that Anet refuses to reinvigorate.

Woah, idk if you looked into my post history, but I agree with toning CC down (or limiting it entirely to maw, as far as traps go).

I’m more pointing out the fact that you were attacking me by claiming that I’m only suggesting changes that won’t break “my build”. Hence why I was defending my proposed changes.

I know it’s going to happen anyway because anet has the soft touch of a rampaging gorilla when it comes to nerfing, but I really just don’t want to see them nerf the damage. The traps don’t really provide utility, they are meant as dps boost skills (which guard has very few of without traps). Nerfing the damage or cooldowns will just make these skills not worth taking anymore. Guard already has too many “not worth taking skills” to add more to the mix. I’m tired of always running the same 3-6 skills because the others are so bad.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

It isn’t that he thinks they need an adjustment. He just wants to suggest changes that won’t break him when the nerfs do come.

So you think taking the cc off of these doesn’t make a huge difference? The main complaint against DH is that it hits hard and it’s too difficult to dodge out of it between the daze and the initial burst. The comparison always comes back to ranger traps and how you can move out of them easily.

So toning down the CC makes a huge difference. Also without trapper runes you wouldn’t have to deal with guard disappearing constantly.

My points I’m trying to make is that your approach to balance shouldn’t be just hit cooldowns and damage. Because when you do that you are left with skills that no one wants. You can nerf things without making them useless. You want to bring them in line with other things. I think your problem is that you just want to completely obliterate traps because they make you salty. The point is to make them fair, not to make them useless. Guards already have enough useless skills to their names that Anet refuses to reinvigorate.

Woah, idk if you looked into my post history, but I agree with toning CC down (or limiting it entirely to maw, as far as traps go).

I’m more pointing out the fact that you were attacking me by claiming that I’m only suggesting changes that won’t break “my build”. Hence why I was defending my proposed changes.

I know it’s going to happen anyway because anet has the soft touch of a rampaging gorilla when it comes to nerfing, but I really just don’t want to see them nerf the damage. The traps don’t really provide utility, they are meant as dps boost skills (which guard has very few of without traps). Nerfing the damage or cooldowns will just make these skills not worth taking anymore. Guard already has too many “not worth taking skills” to add more to the mix. I’m tired of always running the same 3-6 skills because the others are so bad.

Uhm, welcome in the world of thieves? Except that “ghost-trapper-troll-build” traps weren’t viable even once in 3 years. Trip-wire has a 30sec cd and is a knockback… That all…can be completely negated by dodging and not just activated. Even the rangers one are better. The only trap with some utility, the stealth one, fails all the time cause of stones in your way.
Bad utilities? Take scorpion-wire and watch it failing 90% (you can negate the effect by just jumping…).
Elites…basilisk vanom 3 years long. Maybe the new one can change that.
Haste was terrible and not used since the pistol-whip time long ago and still isn’t any good. Daggerstorm on 90sec cd (72 if traited), bugged for ages (doesn’t reflect all, workd best when standing still) and the projectiles act weird, too.
Using venoms you give up anything of survival and fail from everything.
Guards can complain about some things, but definitly not about being forced into same utilities, meditations, shouts, traps are very good and some of the other onesare seen here and there, too. In the last month there were bunker, damage and condi-builds meta. Guess what was with thief in the last hole year?

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in PvP

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

I agree traps desrlerve a nerf. Whetger they are op or not, ‘cheese’ like this has no play in a so called competatative game imho.

in PvP

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I agree traps desrlerve a nerf. Whetger they are op or not, ‘cheese’ like this has no play in a so called competatative game imho.

Competent players aren’t having any issues against traps. I played thieves and warriors mostly in spvp and I hardly ever get killed by the traps. When I see the traps trigger I evade out of the damage zone. After that the DH aren’t as tough.

Regarding the OP comment, the whole point of team play is to organize cc to take out a target, the point that traps can allow that sort of strategy is what this game design is all about. As a warrior, I have to rely on cc to get off my hundred blades. This is the intended design of the game. Team strategy and organization beats individual skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Fain.2175

Fain.2175

I only have 3 problems with them.

• Trap areas arm instantly if used right under someone. Traps should always take a bit to arm, they are traps, not bombs.
  • Traps activate too fast. They should take at least 1.5 seconds to activate, so they can’t be used consecutively too fast and can be per-emptively avoided more easily when used when people is looking, if not used strategically when enemies are not looking at you.
  • Traps are too large. They cover most of most capture points. And their areas are spherical instead a cylinder, so they are often larger than what the circles show, so you can’t even stand on the edge outside them.

Thank you for this. I agree with all three points. If traps took some time to arm, or if they had some sort of casting symbol about the guard’s head – maybe this would allow for some type of counterplay so you could pre empt the trap.

On a separate note:

All of these people saying throw away terms like “l2p” or “competent/decent/bad players are X Y or Z”… these are statements that do not add to the discussion at all and are a cheap way of not addressing the points of someone else’s post. There is no standard way of measuring what is or is not a competent/decent or bad player. So making some generalised statement is like throwing around stereotypes that have no basis.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

you all need to sit down & relax. We all know the thang is gonna get nerfed! So chill peeps & smoke a joint wile you listen to all DH trapper crying over the nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

I wouldnt mind the traps if I could see them more than half the time. It kind of sucks getting CC’ed, using a stunbreaker dodging and getting CC’ed again without seeing what is hitting me.

Piiz

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Nobody has fun getting hit by things they can’t see. IRL it’s called a sucker punch. In the game it has a similar feel. Balanced or not, it’s not fun to play against. Traps are not the only perpetrator either.

The real indicator that DH traps aren’t working correctly is how u typically see them used , which is to say not like a trap at all but more like a Mecro would use their marks casting them directly at the feet of their opponent thereby giving no time to react proactively. It sort of reminds me of the 100Nades except on steroids.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

True Shot 8.7k dmg. (Coalescence of Ruin can do the same damage).

Can someone please explain, why low cooldown range attacks are superior to backstab dmg?

Attachments:

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Can someone please explain, why low cooldown range attacks are superior to backstab dmg?

Because backstab is attack from stealth (you cant see that coming).
You can dodge true shot because you know it’s animation.

in PvP

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

sstop complaining about every thing since you are at least better than any warrior, the weakest.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

But true shot has a 4s CD. The usual BP>HS+steal combo costs 9 initiative and has a 20s CD on steal. Without steal, you’re using BP>HS>Shadow shot (assuming range) costing you a sweet 13 initiative (initiative CD is 1 per sec).

You can argue that it has 0 telegraph, but you’d be a fool to not try and make the thief’s life harder by kiting in circles away from his BP. Kiting him forces him to burn shadow shot meaning he can’t spam HS in the powder for stealth longer than 3s because of initiative restraints.

True shot, on the other hand, can force the target to burn 2 dodges and then land on the third shot, taking…….12s AND is ranged, which is already a major plus.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

There are a lot of logic flows in your argumentation.
1.) 4 seconds CD per attack vs 10 seconds CD per dodge.
2.) A thief HAS to also have stealth, to deal that damage, the DH does not have that additional requirement.
3.) With the trapper rune the DH has enough access to stealth to also attack from there.
4.) How can I dodge that in a teamfight? Kill Shot is something you can dodge in a teamfight due to the strong animation, long cast time and longer CD.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

2.) A thief HAS to also have stealth, to deal that damage, the DH does not have that additional requirement.
3.) With the trapper rune the DH has enough access to stealth to also attack from there.
4.) How can I dodge that in a teamfight? Kill Shot is something you can dodge in a teamfight due to the strong animation, long cast time and longer CD.

1. When did dodge get a CD? Explain plz
2. Thief has to have stealth?..Don’t most thief builds use stealth? Why is this even a point?
3. Only good point.
4. You can dodge things in a team fight by having spacial awareness?

A few things in this game can get to high damage numbers, some are ranged some are melee.
Ranged attacks generally have more counterplay.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

1. The recovery on dodge = CD.

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

DH is so stupid right now, it almost funny.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in PvP

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Only trap that is OP is the sword one that is impossible to get out of.

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

8k ? screenshot or didn’t happen. And yes l2 dodge next time.

That is a real number man, I’ve seen it happening (actually I’ve seen higher).

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Isn’t a team counter to CC putting you into it, team shared Stability? It’s a team game as you said. There are counters. A Herald can easily remove Stealth for the team to burst someone down too.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

(edited by Absconditus.6804)

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

DD have infinite dodge.
DH have access to stealth but TS binds you to place.
You can dodge in teamfights but if focused you will die playing thief or dh.
Killshot has 2 or 3 times dmg of TS.
I always aim for the thief first than necro,mesmer then all others because those 3 can make team fights really hard.
If you are playing thief like a warrior than Houston you have a problem.

in PvP

roelvanesch.2817

Isn’t a team counter to CC putting you into it, team shared Stability? It’s a team game as you said. There are counters. A Herald can easily remove Stealth for the team to burst someone down too.

I got caught by traps and used earth overload, got immediately srunned. Don’t know if sharing stab is going to help any.

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I got caught by traps and used earth overload, got immediately srunned. Don’t know if sharing stab is going to help any.

You tried to use a skill with a 4 second activation to it, and got interrupted in something that will interrupt you immediately (Maw trap will if you try to move at least)? Not sure I see the problem there. You tried to use something after the fact, not as a team prior to engagement like I suggested. People were saying they can avoid the traps, but that CC such as Fear, Pulls and Knockbacks make it really difficult in a team situation. I say, in that case, why aren’t your team providing Stability? We on the same page?

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in PvP

roelvanesch.2817

You tried to use a skill with a 4 second activation to it, and got interrupted in something that will interrupt you immediately (Maw trap will if you try to move at least)? Not sure I see the problem there. You tried to use something after the fact, not as a team prior to engagement like I suggested. People were saying they can avoid the traps, but that CC such as Fear, Pulls and Knockbacks make it really difficult in a team situation. I say, in that case, why aren’t your team providing Stability? We on the same page?

I was in earth already, so the 4 sec wait time werent there. Mb its just a combination of L2P and trap visuals not rendering, but eating through 4 stab in such a short time seems pretty darn strong.

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

You cant dodge what you cannot see…most of the time the animation is bug out. If you dodge 1, 2 or 3 times but they only need to land 1 trap on you and tht’s it and how is this not OP. Before the final release the last beta DH is actually quite good and competitive in pvp but developer give DH unnecessary buff to trap and graphic and make it overpower. Now not only they had broke the balance of pvp but they also broke the graphic. if you have 1 DH on each team you wont be able to see anything on your screen when fighting on point all u see is a pile of white kitten on pt. All the class is quite equally balance only for DH and maybe a slight balance to druid healing thts about it

in PvP

Teutos.8620

The time it takes a dodge-bar to recover is basically a CD.

2. Thief has to have stealth?..Don’t most thief builds use stealth? Why is this even a point?

To be able to perform Backstab, you need to fulfill an additional requirement: You have to be in stealth & next to the target. To be able to use True Shot, you just have to be in line of sight.

8k ? screenshot or didn’t happen.

I have posted a screenshot.

DD have infinite dodge.

Are you really just arguing, that the True Shot damage is fine, because a single profession-weapon-trait combination can dodge an infinite number of times?

DH have access to stealth but TS binds you to place

How exactly does that help me to know, when I have to dodge while he is stealthed? BTW: You can start TS behind a wall and then port right onto your target with Judge’s Intervention to land your TS. How can you dodge that?

Really accurate argumentation. So, does killshot do 16 or 24k dmg? xD
I just jumped into the Heart to give you the numbers with the same runes and sigils and about the same damage modifiers from traits: Trueshot 8.6k; Killshot 10.9k so about 26.7% more damage for 66% longer cast time, double the cooldown and the additional requirement of Level 3 adrenalin.

(edited by Teutos.8620)

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Honestly as someone who has played guard since launch and played Dh since beta I frankly feel they should just change traps into marks.

This would give them some trade offs.

1: They would no longer be invisible so you could no longer ambush people with them. (this alone would get rid of a ton of the QQ)

2: The time they stay on a given spot would be reduced (forget how long marks stay down, think it’s like 30s, where as traps last quite a bit longer allowing you to place them & wait for a CD to come back)

3: They (with the exception of fragments) would have some cast time _(say 1/2 second)

However

4: They would become ranged

5: The boons granted would be shared with nearby allies (possibly for reduced duration on allies)_

6: Their trigger & damage radius would go up to 240 along side all other marks/bombs.

And over all it would fit the guardian more thematically.

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

The time it takes a dodge-bar to recover is basically a CD.

We all have cd’s on dodge, thieves have perma vigor + DD has 3x dodge.

2. Thief has to have stealth?..Don’t most thief builds use stealth? Why is this even a point?To be able to perform Backstab, you need to fulfill an additional requirement: You have to be in stealth & next to the target. To be able to use True Shot, you just have to be in line of sight.

You have stealth on demand with almost no cd. Plus backstab with 10k dmg (no cd, no charge time + backstab from front(ironic)).

DD have infinite dodge.

Are you really just arguing, that the True Shot damage is fine, because a single profession-weapon-trait combination can dodge an infinite number of times?

Its fine it roots you in place and animation is distinguishable to dodge. Plus be happy it does not follow you in stealth like rapid fire.

DH have access to stealth but TS binds you to place

How exactly does that help me to know, when I have to dodge while he is stealthed? BTW: You can start TS behind a wall and then port right onto your target with Judge’s Intervention to land your TS. How can you dodge that?

So how does it help me when you stealth and I need to dodge? I guess we are in stalemate, who will dodge better?

Really accurate argumentation. So, does killshot do 16 or 24k dmg? xD
I just jumped into the Heart to give you the numbers with the same runes and sigils and about the same damage modifiers from traits: Trueshot 8.6k; Killshot 10.9k so about 26.7% more damage for 66% longer cast time, double the cooldown and the additional requirement of Level 3 adrenalin.

Warrior and Guardians are different professions with own strenghts and weaknesses, traits and dmg modifiers are not the same, thus your testing is false.
Its like comparing lich form vs rampage.

When thieves backstab only doing dmg from the back then we can talk about nerfing rooting TS.

Guess you need to practice with your thief more.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Who said I play thief? I play Dragon Hunter too and I can see its full potential, maybe you just can’t.
I guess you need to practice more with your Dragon Hunter to really see what a good player can do with it.

I have met enough Dragon Hunter who just spam their abilities into your dodges and then just die. I think that is where all the counter arguments are coming from.
DragonHunterNoob: “What are you talking about, I’m not OP, I die too”. Yeah, l2p, then you don’t -.-

We all have cd’s on dodge, thieves have perma vigor + DD has 3x dodge.

I don’t get your point. Have you ever played DD? Starting with 3 dodges does not mean they are recharging as quick as two do. With perma vigor, a dodge would recharge in 6.6 seconds (still longer than true shot alone), but well, DD does not have perma vigor. DD-trait line does not include a single vigor trait. But DD are using Bountiful Theft for their only source of Vigor (10 seconds of vigor per 20 seconds for 50% uptime).
Not to mention, that the dodge-alot is only achieved due to fully stack defensive utilities like Signet of Agility. Maybe you also have problems with the S/D Flanking Strike dodge, but then again, you should be able to counter that, since it does not grant a full dodge-timeframe during the attack.

You have stealth on demand with almost no cd.

In 72 seconds a dragon hunter can place 9 traps.(With the build they dragon hunter ran on the last go4monthly) I would call that stealth on demand too

Plus backstab with 10k dmg

6k Backstab, and then again, no dodge on the weapon set. Come on… just play a thief a view times, then we might be able to talk with meaningful arguments.

So how does it help me when you stealth and I need to dodge? I guess we are in stalemate, who will dodge better?

Have you (as a dragon hunter) ever had a problem with a thief even if he lands the first opener from the stealth? You don’t even have to dodge a thiefs backstab, because you will just heal it back up, that’s part of the problem too.

Warrior and Guardians are different professions with own strenghts and weaknesses, traits and dmg modifiers are not the same, thus your testing is false.

Yeah, they have their own strength and weaknesses, but guard is in general op and warrior up.
The test is only partially accurate, because a rifle warrior does not have damage from any other source than kill shot, while dragon hunter really do. But then again, Kill-shot-warrior is not viable, and we don’t want to get DH on that level.

Feel free to compare the damage & survival-ability to ANY other (at least viable) profession out there.

Edit: Constructive Suggestion: Change the trait “Unscathed Contender” that it is no longer a damage modifier

(edited by Teutos.8620)

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

Who said I play thief? I play Dragon Hunter too and I can see its full potential, maybe you just can’t.
….snip….

You maybe playing DH but you don’t main Guardians srry. When you have more than 2k hours in guardian and you try all possible stuff with him than I might consider talking with you about some balance, until then Thief begone

in PvP

Teutos.8620

You maybe playing DH but you don’t main Guardians srry. When you have more than 2k hours in guardian and you try all possible stuff with him than I might consider talking with you about some balance, until then Thief begone

I’m still not a thief-main

Shouldn’t you, as a proud guardian player, be completely in favor of adjusting the Dragon hunter, that no one with far less than 2k hours (I have Champion Paragon and about 165hr tho) can pull off a DH superior to all the other profession?

If you personally can’t pull that off, feel free to contact me ingame, then I can teach you how to play DH and why it is actually OP.

Feel free to provide some meaningful arguments why Dragon Hunter is fine. (e.g. a description of the fight, video or screenshot where you did your best but still got outplayed.)

(edited by Teutos.8620)

in PvP

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

Nerf DH <3 I wanna see sweet tears of DHs fall in their keyboards!

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Nerf DH <3 I wanna see sweet tears of DHs fall in their keyboards!

I used to think guardians had skill but, with all the DH defenders, I am staring to think these guardians are all button mashers. Maybe it’s always been this way. Maybe ANet made DH traps so ridiculous to make up for a skill gap…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

I’m still not a thief-main

Shouldn’t you, as a proud guardian player, be completely in favor of adjusting the Dragon hunter, that no one with far less than 2k hours (I have Champion Paragon and about 165hr tho) can pull off a DH superior to all the other profession?

If you personally can’t pull that off, feel free to contact me ingame, then I can teach you how to play DH and why it is actually OP.

Feel free to provide some meaningful arguments why Dragon Hunter is fine. (e.g. a description of the fight, video or screenshot where you did your best but still got outplayed.)

Adjusting in which way? To go back to mediocre meditation build or pretty dead bunker build?
They are superior in which way? Pls tell me. Enlighten me.

Guardians got some pretty good competitive stuff that actually give a punch and punishes those with no skill whatsoever. Plus 90% of our core stuff are broken or bad.

You are just feeding trolls out there who dont even use dodge button.

Saddly you can’t teach anyone anything with that attitude.

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

Traps are just broken op. If you claim something else you should check reality settings.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in PvP

Teutos.8620

Adjusting in which way?

I posted a suggestion above. We are talking about shaving, not completely removing DH. I would start with ‘Unscathed Contender’ to get rid of the high number outliners.

They are superior in which way?

More dmg + more survivalability than other compareable specs = superior.

and punishes those with no skill whatsoever.

That’s the problem, they punish everybody, not just players with no skill. Please tell me how to avoid 9.3k Trap damage (Dragon’s Maw 5.3k+4k Test of Faith) + 8.6k true shot damage + on crit sigils + direct damage & burning from Judge’s Intervention when you just walked onto a currently uncontested point and suddenly the dragon hunter ports onto you through a wall. (I have seen those numbers dealt to me and through me).
That’s 20k damage in 0.5 seconds and the fight hasn’t even started yet
Sure, I should have dodge the whole way onto the point for the possibility that I will get ganked from somewhere…

Also: the numbers are only for better illustration of the burst potential. The DH is not a one-prick pony that relies on such a combination, it is far more effective to time your abilities and e.g. throw them not all into an immunity skill.

Plus 90% of our core stuff are broken or bad.

We can talk about buffing the not-used stuff from any profession, but that’s just not an counter argument to shave the DH.

Saddly you can’t teach anyone anything with that attitude.

Then find someone else who will teach you how to play DH. Until then you will not be able to realize how strong the DH actually is.

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

Only thing that needs to be done to traps is taking away that daze you get upon triggering them.

in PvP

Ragnarox.9601

I posted a suggestion above. We are talking about shaving, not completely removing DH. I would start with ‘Unscathed Contender’ to get rid of the high number outliners.

Thats from virtues line and not DH trait line. Its nerfing core guardian which is already bad. Srry no.

More dmg + more survivalability than other compareable specs = superior.

You tried reaper, cele tempest, cele scrapper, druid? You should try them and see what is really survivability + dmg.

That’s the problem, they punish everybody, not just players with no skill. Please tell me how to avoid 9.3k Trap damage (Dragon’s Maw 5.3k+4k Test of Faith) + 8.6k true shot damage + on crit sigils + direct damage & burning from Judge’s Intervention when you just walked onto a currently uncontested point and suddenly the dragon hunter ports onto you through a wall. (I have seen those numbers dealt to me and through me).
That’s 20k damage in 0.5 seconds and the fight hasn’t even started yet
Sure, I should have dodge the whole way onto the point for the possibility that I will get ganked from somewhere…

You tried dodging twice in a row? I did it all the times and just negate 5 traps at once. Seems l2p problem to me.

We can talk about buffing the not-used stuff from any profession, but that’s just not an counter argument to shave the DH.

I haven’t seen your suggestion for balancing DH trait line.

Then find someone else who will teach you how to play DH. Until then you will not be able to realize how strong the DH actually is.

Srry but I know how strong DH really are and what is his weaknesses but I feel srry you dont and trying to bandwagon DH to that sad “good spot” where guardian was for years. Scrapper, Reaper, Chrono, Druid are in the same division with him. You should try them too.

in PvP

Posted by: Tolvashoc.4920

Tolvashoc.4920

Dragon Hunter players with a constant victim complex, refusing to believe they’re ruining things for other players and just overall being piles of poop.

The ability to reroll constantly to whatever is brokenly overpowered is what amplifies how poorly a net handed out balancing buffs.

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

I’d really love the irony when one of the useless elite spec is buffed to god mode status and DH nerfed to dirt and when those DH players will complain, they would get replies along the lines of “L2P” like they are doing now failing to see the obvious.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in PvP

SlayerSixx.5763

Honestly as someone who has played guard since launch and played Dh since beta I frankly feel they should just change traps into marks.

This would give them some trade offs.

1: They would no longer be invisible so you could no longer ambush people with them. (this alone would get rid of a ton of the QQ)

2: The time they stay on a given spot would be reduced (forget how long marks stay down, think it’s like 30s, where as traps last quite a bit longer allowing you to place them & wait for a CD to come back)

3: They (with the exception of fragments) would have some cast time _(say 1/2 second)

However

4: They would become ranged

5: The boons granted would be shared with nearby allies (possibly for reduced duration on allies)_

6: Their trigger & damage radius would go up to 240 along side all other marks/bombs.

And over all it would fit the guardian more thematically.

Right, guys. Let’s all just glaze over this amazing fix. It fits so well too, since they did say that DH is supposed to provide some sort of ranged support to allies.

I’d still suggest a procession of blades damage nerf along with increasing the cast time of maw.

Also, not to discredit any people bashing DH (it still is too painful for a class so easy), but I farmed every DH on P/P thief the other night for almost 3 games straight. Pressure them before they get on point and its all fuuuuuuun times man.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

my issue is the lack of balance between defense and offense. keyboard turners can survive for like 30 seconds by just permablocking everything and healing to full a few times. even with old d/d eles, players had to cycle through some combos to stay alive. with the DH, you can just faceroll and live for a bit while doing some pretty high damage.

I don’t mind DH’s keeping their offensive utility. but this permablock garbage has to go.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

Perfect two to buff then: War and Guard. I mean, if DH is so balanced then the DH defenders KNOW these two classes are garbage? Just like the pro players admit as well as several people I know who have played as long as I have (hint, forever).

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Teutos.8620

I have uploaded new screen shots for you guys (and girls):

Left side: I jumped into a group fight pre-casting True Shot and teleporting through a wall using Judge’s Intervention, than starting to place traps and setting up Spear of Justice to pull the opponents back through the traps… well, that was not necessary. He died in less than 2 seconds.
The red-player ate ~22k dmg + CC Chain (knock back from the trait, followed by trap-daze+pull from elite).

What could the opponent have done? Directly after eating the 6k (from True Shot and Judge’s Intervention) he could have used a stun breaker (he is still knocked back) and double dodged to avoid the Test of Faith and Dragon’s Maw activation damage.
Then I would have followed up with Spear of Justice (unblockable) to pull him through the Test of Faith wall (so, he would also need stability to avoid that).

On the right that, you have some higher True Shot damage numbers (still with the same setup the dragon hunters are using in the go4, NOT realizing max damage) but with buffs and debuffs from teammates. (Remember, I can combine True Shot with Judge’s Intervention to let those sweet 10k (9.2k+0.8k Judge’s Intervention) hit you basically instantly through the wall).

Attachments:

(edited by Teutos.8620)

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Only thing that needs to be done to traps is taking away that daze you get upon triggering them.

Plus removing invisible walls.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Plus removing invisible walls.

Uggh. So much this. Seems like 2 out of 3 times their LB 5 does not render at all. It’s s frustrating and often times the only reason I die to the DH is because the game didn’t give me the info I needed to make a better decision.

The blocks need a shave also.

in PvP

Posted by: princode.2750

princode.2750

Revert back the dh to what it is during the final beta weekend it’s pretty balance. Currently its 2 overpower In term of damage, utility and of cause broken graphic making it impossible to dodge

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

People defending DH, hilarious.

We all know if these were ranger traps they would have been useless by now.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

And they aren’t?

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

And they aren’t?

No, no, no. Ranger traps are especially useful against things like diamond skin and boons like resistance. Yes, yes… Very, um, useful. In most cases you have only 4 or 5 seconds to dodge/walk out of them before taking somewhere between 0 and…. maybe a few thousand damage. At least rangers don’t have to say l2 dodge noob. There really is no need to dodge them…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons