Auramancers everywhere!!

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Rell.8395

Rell.8395

Here, to save you time I give you the the most ridiculous bunker/team fighting build there is currently: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Tempest_-_Celestial_Auramancer

Completely immune to condition build, completely immune to ranged attacks, permanent 33% dmg reduction from protection buff. Only real weakness is 3v1 or 2v1 which is the solution to every build.

This is beyond kittened and it’s been catching on lately. I’ve met teams with 2 or 3 of these which are worse than druids/scrappers/dh’s or any other combo because they can apply auras to each other which heal, give protection, give might and negate ranged hits.

Solo they are still okay and can be called a weakness (they are not weak solo just not unkillable), but when these things go into team fights, my god. The auras are everywhere, heals are everywhere, condition removal are everywhere, and protections are everywhere. You can’t even strip their boons fast enough due to the sheer amount of auras which constantly reapply every boon.

Discuss, has the elemantalists era really ended or has it just been replaced with auramancers?

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Replaced with auramancers from the look of the ESL matches today.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

No stunbreaks for 5s every time they swap elements…

Very few ways to survive focus fire after shocking aura and obsidian flesh…

Try to keep track of the utilities and spike after forcing those. One of the best times to spike them is while overloading: they will either die or be forced to cancel the overload to swap to earth. Also, they are extremely weak after swapping out of earth.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Outsider.6051

Outsider.6051

No stunbreaks for 5s every time they swap elements…

Very few ways to survive focus fire after shocking aura and obsidian flesh…

Try to keep track of the utilities and spike after forcing those. One of the best times to spike them is while overloading: they will either die or be forced to cancel the overload to swap to earth. Also, they are extremely weak after swapping out of earth.

Making it rather risky for eles to overload earth, as they won’t have obsidian flesh ready when they need it.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Little precision, but one of the reason they feel so tanky is also that protection is -40% on them, instead of -33%. And they have a lot of it

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

this build is complete garbage… not only do you die easily to focus in a teamfight because you don’t have an actual stunbreak or teleport but you also lack ranged support to go offnode when you need it but still have to support allies.

tripple utility shout is a terrible idea and i would put scepter before staff and dagger at last. diamond skin is way too situational to be first pick and is more or less only useful in a 1v1 against a condi build, which will end in a tie because xou don’t have the damage to kill it either nor should you be in a 1v1 as a supporter at all.

this just shows the lack of knowledge of the metabattle admins to put this in te meta section…

thanks, by putting it there karl will now think tempest is fine and doesn’t need many fixes/qol and traitoverhauls

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

this build is complete garbage… not only do you die easily to focus in a teamfight because you don’t have an actual stunbreak or teleport but you also lack ranged support to go offnode when you need it but still have to support allies.

tripple utility shout is a terrible idea and i would put scepter before staff and dagger at last. diamond skin is way too situational to be first pick and is more or less only useful in a 1v1 against a condi build, which will end in a tie because xou don’t have the damage to kill it either nor should you be in a 1v1 as a supporter at all.

this just shows the lack of knowledge of the metabattle admins to put this in te meta section…

thanks, by putting it there karl will now think tempest is fine and doesn’t need many fixes/qol and traitoverhauls

This is by far the most common ele/tempest build in both EUand NA high tier.

Some people are going to win thousands of dollars with this build while you’re posting here about how you can’t comprehend why it’s good, which (by your logic) obviously means that everyone else is wrong.

How does that make you feel?

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Some people are going to win thousands of dollars with this build while you’re posting here about how you can’t comprehend why it’s good, which (by your logic) obviously means that everyone else is wrong.

i never said anything about not comprehending “why it’s good”, because it’s not. running support on a build that can get yourself killed easily against teams that know how to focus is a terrible idea. most of the eles that played in the qualifiers are the same bandwagon d/d eles that have never touched a staff or a scepter in their lives before, just with a new build that requires them to press shouts instead of cantrips :^) i don’t need thousands of dollars to know which eles suck and which builds are bad. bring 1 smart marauder herald and your “most common eu and na” build bites to the dust; and there goes your support.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Outsider.6051

Outsider.6051

i never said anything about not comprehending “why it’s good”, because it’s not. running support on a build that can get yourself killed easily against teams that know how to focus is a terrible idea. most of the eles that played in the qualifiers are the same bandwagon d/d eles that have never touched a staff or a scepter in their lives before, just with a new build that requires them to press shouts instead of cantrips :^) i don’t need thousands of dollars to know which eles suck and which builds are bad. bring 1 smart marauder herald and your “most common eu and na” build bites to the dust; and there goes your support.

This. Instead of boons on attunement swaps, we now get them from auras. 4 secs window to interrupt the overload not enough for people?

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

I used to swear by the Auramancer build. I charged onto points, shooing off the Thief, captured it, and defended it like a boss against 3 enemies. I felt unstoppable…two or three of us together could take on the entire enemy team!

But then I realized…

…pure damage stacks.

Damage stacks a lot harder than heals, natural damage reduction, and boons. I didn’t quite believe my realization for a while, until I encountered a match where my fellow Auramancer and I got wrecked repeatedly by two Reapers + a Herald. Even though we were outnumbered – we were supposed to be Bunkers! We were supposed to be unstoppable!

So now I play a Herald. Auramancer has insane damage reduction, but one needs complete damage negation to Bunker properly.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

I used to swear by the Auramancer build. I charged onto points, shooing off the Thief, captured it, and defended it like a boss against 3 enemies. I felt unstoppable…two or three of us together could take on the entire enemy team!

But then I realized…

…pure damage stacks.

Damage stacks a lot harder than heals, natural damage reduction, and boons. I didn’t quite believe my realization for a while, until I encountered a match where my fellow Auramancer and I got wrecked repeatedly by two Reapers + a Herald. Even though we were outnumbered – we were supposed to be Bunkers! We were supposed to be unstoppable!

So now I play a Herald. Auramancer has insane damage reduction, but one needs complete damage negation to Bunker properly.

That’s why 1 good auramancer with a compliment of damage is where they shine. Not soloing a bunker node.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

This build is hands down the best support build currently. Druid and scrapper are better bruiser but really can’t sustain a team fight as well as this one.

Have played quite a few games on this and can deal combined 400k damage, 200k self healing and 300k team member healing ,very all-around.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

Look at Auramancer as an MMO healer. Those usually don’t have the most amazing sustain, but you can’t say they suck. Auramancer might occssionally need help from allies, but it can also save others from spikes by sharing Shocking or Frost Aura, Rebound, Protection etc. It’s a very valuable asset to the team, it’s just not completely faceroll.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Jekkt.6045

Look at Auramancer as an MMO healer. Those usually don’t have the most amazing sustain, but you can’t say they suck. Auramancer might occssionally need help from allies, but it can also save others from spikes by sharing Shocking or Frost Aura, Rebound, Protection etc. It’s a very valuable asset to the team, it’s just not completely faceroll.

i do understand what you mean and while i would have been in favour of a strong but squishy healer pre-HoT i am not a big fan of it with so much random AoE damage floating around currently. when you have a tempest in a teamfight you need a 2nd class that can peel and heal.
unlike d/d ele, tempest is not strong on its own, only in combination with other specs like druid or even dragonhunter it can be really good, but then you have the no disengage when focused problem again when you take tripple shout and the uselessness of diamond skin in a teamfight.

the build on metabattle is.. at most.. an example and should not be taken as the tempest build. if you run that exact build you will soon run into problems. i play tempest and i know my class, after all i have around 3k games on ele.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

A good reaper can melt a tempest with chill and other conditions after breaking diamond skin. Any other heavy conditions can kill tempest once diamond skin is broken and it’s really not that hard to break it.

Stuns are real bad for tempest unless you take the stability on overload.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

A good reaper can melt a tempest with chill and other conditions after breaking diamond skin. Any other heavy conditions can kill tempest once diamond skin is broken and it’s really not that hard to break it.

Stuns are real bad for tempest unless you take the stability on overload.

Don’t forget poison! Its horrible to have that on you…

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I just want to remind everyone that with the exception of shocking aura, the auras are really bad or situational, and tempest only really works because of the heal/protection it applies from auras, not because the auras themselves are all that amazing.

Still I do think its ironic that so many people on the forums were vocally opposed to tempest, and now its quite commonplace. I also know that many people are dissapointed with tempest because its not all that different from normal D/D ele in terms of what it does, and most D/D eles are a bit conflicted that tempest won’t let them be as strong in every scenario as fire D/D ele did in the past.

The spec still has a few trait issues and a mostly underwhelming warhorn (seriously the warhorn is a slow useless version of my favorite weapon type). Taking tempest also generally makes you a lot more susceptible to condis, which is a good thing because now condi reapers/chronos/revs can have a place in the meta since having a shoutbow/shoutguard and a D/D ele in a teamfight no longer means that your team will be essentially condi immune from passive AoE cleansing anymore, and I think thats a good thing.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

The qq has begun. Lmfao. Despite tempest having severe flaws that are easily exploited, people just can’t l2p and instead resort to posting on forums on how it’s OP. Yeah, i’m referring to you, OP.

You do realise the meta build isnt used by all the eles in competitive pvp? Variants of tempest are used instead. Some with cantrips, some with staff etc etc. Even then, there’s like only one tempest per team OR none at all. What a joke.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

God I love auramancer tempest, though I’m not a fan of the super defensive/total support specs with water/earth/tempest…sure you can bunker to hell and back but you hit like a soft breeze bahaha. Like seriously your damage output is pretty kitten bad. I’ve been running air/earth/tempest with D/F and marauders amulet and I love it! I can usually melt reapers and heralds 1v1 pretty easily, and I usually only have problems 1v2. But the damage output is so much higher, while still getting decent support and sustain, its an awesome hybrid class! I’ve gone against total bunker auramancer tempests and honestly they’re so easy to take down, they hit like a wet noodle. Overall I love that tempest turned out to be a pretty decent elite spec! A few small problems, but we could’ve gotten so much worse! Tempest really isn’t overpowered though, especially a total bunker tempest, they’re great at team support but they can’t do a ton outside of that unless they’re offensively specced, in which case they are even easier to focus down.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Taking all 3 defensive lines. Hit like a wet noodle.

It’s very sad that the viable Tempest builds are Bunker Tempest though.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Rell.8395

Rell.8395

The biggest problem I’ve with the build is that it counters everything. Constant up time on earth auras that destroy ranged along with Air4 and Earth4. The 90% condition immunity is ridiculous with the amount of heals they got. And the most important part is this build has 100% protection up time, 100%! Protection is a very powerful boon and I don’t think there’s another class that can do this currently.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

nearlight.3064

The biggest problem I’ve with the build is that it counters everything. Constant up time on earth auras that destroy ranged along with Air4 and Earth4. The 90% condition immunity is ridiculous with the amount of heals they got. And the most important part is this build has 100% protection up time, 100%! Protection is a very powerful boon and I don’t think there’s another class that can do this currently.

Boonshare Mesmer with durability runes can stack 100% protection uptime on its team through chaotic dampening chaos armor rotation and the two signet of inspiration procs, and so can herald if it has facet of chaos active and nothing else, but it can probably do some rotation to have near perma uptime, though I don’t know all the details behind that.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

Taking all 3 defensive lines. Hit like a wet noodle.

It’s very sad that the viable Tempest builds are Bunker Tempest though.

I wouldn’t go so far to say the only viable builds are bunker. Like I said I run a more offensive tempest with earth/air/tempest and marauders gear and I have a ton of luck with…. Still a bit bunker-ish, but I can put out some major damage as well, especially with a near 100% crit rate almost constantly thanks to fury on auras.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

How does it counter everything? It’s a bunker build, youre not supposed to be able to kill it alone.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I have to agree, the build is not optimized. D/F instead of staff for instance and 5 shouts is weird.

Metabattle is crap too, anyone who knows their class well enough will have been running the “meta” build that some little attention kitten wrote up 3 weeks later for everyone else.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

i just fought one with my condition burning warrior and you know what happened? all i saw was immune immune immune to my fire dmg.

Auramancers everywhere!!

in PvP

nearlight.3064

Based on what I’ve seen from metabattle is that they accept any random weird build until someone or many people start running the same thing in a tournament, then they just use that.

But yeah I do agree, most good players can find good synergies in builds on their own, and even then, rotations, communication, and teamwork play a more important role in determining the outcome of a match than build specific details.

I think the main reason people like D/F is because the Focus earth skills help make up for the lack of defenses/condi cleanses you’d take by not going the usually ele route.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..